Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Wives Of Apc Candidates Ignites Oto-awori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wives Of Apc Candidates Ignites Oto-awori (394 Views)

Edo 2024: Faces Of LP, PDP And APC Candidates / INEC: Why We Accepted List Of APC Candidates From Rivers / Confusion As Uzodinma & Uche Nwosu Receive INEC Forms As APC Candidates (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wives Of Apc Candidates Ignites Oto-awori by Kakaakinews: 9:50am On Jan 29, 2019
**The women's welfare will be our responsibility - Durosinmi

** Oto - Awori women will deliver for APC- Makinde

** I will support the course of the women- Ashafa

In their continous efforts to get more wins from the woman of Ojo Federal Constituency, the campaign train of the wives of the all Progressives Congress's (APC) Candidates for Ojo Federal constituency, on Monday, moved to Oto - Awori Local Council Development Area.

The event which had the women in their hundreds was described as first of its kind, aside giving the women an opportunity to meet with the wives of the APC candidates, it also registered a platform for the women to discuss issues that affects the women, hence, promoting the women inclusiveness in governance and adequate representation.

Speaking on behalf of the wives of the candidates (Alhaja Olaide Akande, Alhaja Fausilat Tijani, wives of the APC candidates for Lagos State House of Assembly, Ojo constituency I & II respectively), Mrs. Olajumoke Durosinmi, wife of the APC candidate for Ojo Federal Constituency, appreciated the women for the impressive turnout in a bid to make a decision that will help build a better future for the constituency. Durosinmi said that the wives of the candidates have taken it upon themselves to be at the forefront of the welfare of the women on behalf of their husbands and to ensure that all the APC candidates are elected to give way for inclusiveness of the women in governance.

"I have asked my husband what he have for the women, and I got a good response. His agenda for the women include the traders money for women to help boost their trades, the stipends for our aged and widows, better empowerment scheme, the resuscitation of the mornings vocational centre to help train and train our women and youths and scholarships for our children.

"This is not the first time we are doing this, we started it in Ojo when my husband was the local government chairman from 2008 to 2014, this time we will improve on it and there will be no segregation, everybody will benefit accordingly", Durosinmi added.

Appealing to the women to vote all APC candidates, Mrs. Olajumoke Durosinmi reemphasised that no other party will take good care of the women's affairs like the All Progressives Congress.

Overwhelmed by the massive turn out, the Executive Chairman of Oto-Awori LCDA, Prince Musibau Ashafa, said the wives of the candidates have done tremendously well by taking the welfare of the women upon themselves and also educating the women on the voting pattern and the need to vote for APC. Ashafa, assured that he will support the women's course to help alleviate poverty in the area and the nation at large.

The council chairman, enjoined the women to vote enmasse for all the APC candidates to bring better infrastructures and good representation as well.

The Director - General of YMD - Independent campaign Group, Hon. Bode Makinde, who made a special appearance at the event educated the women on why the second finger after the thumb is required to vote come February 16th and March 2nd respectively. Speaking further Makinde said "Your votes are enough to determine the kind of future you want for your children, the country have went the wrong direction because of the former party's nonchalant attitude to leader, APC is here to salvage the country from misdemeanor, and I urge you to be part of us to take the country to the next level. I am sure that the Oto-Awori women will deliver for APC", he commented.

The chairperson of Oto-Awori LCDA, Lady Iyabo Ashafa, also gave her words on keying in to the better welfare of the women. Lady Ashafa in her appreciation to the women, beg that the women vote for the ruling party, APC.

Meanwhile, the women have been charged to help in the restoration of the values of Ojo Federal constituency. Speaking, an APC chieftain for Ojo Federal constituency, Prince Tejumade Durosinmi, decried the low level of votes for APC in Ojo Federal Constituency and assured of improved infrastructure if APC is elected.

In response to the charges, the market women, the Indigenous women, Igbo, Arewa & south - south groups appreciate the wives of the candidates for having a good plan for the women and also hosting it's first of its kind women gathering, giving a platform for the women to air their views. However, they assured and pledge their supports and votes for the All Progressives Congress candidates.

Also present at the event were: the Apex leader of Oto - Awori LCDA, Alhaji Muka Bello, chairperson of Badagry Local Government, Alhaja Ramotalai Onilude, Queen of Oto-Awori kingdom, Olori Idowu Aina, Queen of Elete, Mrs. Abigail, and other notable dignitaries.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku And Obi Live On NTA / Moderator Kadaria Ahmed Brought Out The Best In Atiku/obi - PDP / Next Level In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.