Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,264 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose (1484 Views)

'Goodluck Jonathan Is The Last Democrat To Rule Nigeria'' - Fayose Tweets / Igbo Remains Most Marginalised Tribe In Nigeria – Nwodo / I Want To Be The Next President Of Nigeria - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by nairavsdollars(f): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State was in Lagos recently Lagos where he spoke with journalists on his presidential ambition, restructuring and other issues. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI brings the excerpts:

Some members of your party the PDP seem not to be favourably disposed to your quest to jettison the party’s agreement that the presidency should go to the North in 2019. What’s your take on this?

Issues and event will consume them; I mean those you are referring to as not favourably disposed to my ambition. I have gone through a lot in this country. I have been well groomed, I am matured and firebrand enough to face challenges of tomorrow. Things don’t happen by accident. At a time the party (PDP) almost fell apart. How many of them did we see at the time? How many of them spoke at the time?. If they zone it to the North, so because I am not a northerner, then I don’t have a constitutional right for me to contest. Forget that.

Now that they are planning to zone the chairmanship of the party to the south west. Would that not jeopardise your chances?

What are you saying? Have you not seen n this country where a zone has two key offices. We know where the Speaker is from. There was something before then even. During Tambuwal speakership, the post was zoned to the south west but because we lost it, a zone got the two top appointments in the land. Forget about that (zoning arrangement). It is the Presidency that orders things. When I become President in 2019, I will reorder those things. Nothing can stop me from contesting. Even if they pick the party’s chairman from my family; even if they pick my son as party chairman, I will contest.

What is your view on restructuring?

Yes those agitations for restructuring are good for the system. We are in a marriage and the marriage is having issues. We still have to sit down to talk about that marriage going forward. The Igbo are the most marginalised region in the country and they are saying re-order things but people are playing politics with the issue. If anybody say I am wrong about the treatment being meted out to the Igbo, let him come out and challenge me.

Things are not moving well in this country. There is too much ethnicity and nepotism. Look at a situation where a junior minister comes from one part of the country and a senior minister comes from another part and the junior minister said he could not take instructions from the senior minister. What kind of country are we running? So, events have transformed so many things. See the way I have transformed education. A man that is not a professor, who is not a medical doctor, but has been able to transform education. I met education at number 34, but today Ekiti is number one. This year again we sustained it which shows we are doing something differently and rightly. People are not interested in your certificate, but your experience.

You want to get a job abroad they will not ask for your certificate. They will ask for the experience you have. So, it is not the noise, it is who you are. Some will say Fayose in talking because of his immunity but I ask ‘do the others not have immunity’? The issue is that when you want to deal with issues in this country you deal with them in objectivity as a leader. When a leader is not doing the right thing you must be courageous enough to tell him. Of the 36 governors in this country, only one governor is talking. Part of governance and part of readership is to keep the people in power on their toes. Why must be people be afraid to tell you if you are not doing the right thing. Once I cannot talk again, then I rather leave politics and go back home to meet my family. Why should I be afraid to tell the truth? You say I am leader, so why should you talk badly at me. If you talk badly about me, I will give it back to you straight off. I am not a pretender of any sort and I am not going to come and beg for a favour that I don’t need. I am closer to 60 now, so what do I want? But for those of them that are clinging, goodluck to them.
https://independent.ng/igbos-are-the-most-marginalised-in-nigeria-fayose/

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by IamtherealRita(f): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2017
Truetalk

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by python1: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2017
E don press another button, oya where una dey, the unchained mad dog don sh!t again, make una come lick his rectum. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Kai.

This man sabi their mumu button sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by fyneguy: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Fayose, this is unfair sha. You can't just assume Igbos are gullible!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by Amarabae(f): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:
Kai.

This man sabi their mumu button sha.
whats the lie in what he said?
Are Igbos not marginalized?
mumu button? Like the one APC pressed on you guys in 2015 and it's warming up to press it again in 2019?

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Amarabae:
mumu button? Like the one APC pressed on you guys in 2015 and it's warming up to press it again in 2019?

Are Ijaw people not even more marginalised?

So Efik and Ibibio are not marginalised?

Tiv people are not marginalised?

He's talking complete tosh.

Igbos have held all political positions in this country.

They are spread across the length and breadth of the country without restraint.

Fayose is simply grandstanding and appealing to sympathy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by Amarabae(f): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

Yes Ijaws are marginalized because the oil company headquarters that should be in their land are trapped in Lagos.
Yes Ijaws are marginalized because their oil blocs are controlled by noth.
Fayose hit the truth and should be praised,yes some Igbos can vote for him, we are not clannish and ethnically jingolistic in our political orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

igbo haters and tribalistic mammal spotted.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by python1: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2017
[s]
Amarabae:
Amarabae:

Yes Ijaws are marginalized because the oil company headquarters that should be in their land are trapped in Lagos.
Fayose hit the truth and should be praised,yes some Igbos can vote for him, we are not clannish and ethnically jingolistic in our political orientation.

[/s]
Sharrap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by Amarabae(f): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2017
python1:

Sharrap.
be warned

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by python1: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2017
[s]
Amarabae:
be warned
[/s]
Wee you kee kwayet?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by bakynes(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Igbos say they are marginalized just 3 years ago, Igbos were controlling the govt and we never heard anything about marginalization or Biafra so it is now that their candidate lost they are now marginalized. Why did they not address the marginalization when they were in top positions of govt?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2017
magoo10:
igbo haters and tribalistic mammal spotted.

For speaking the truth?

Igbos are not more marginalised than any group in Nigeria.

They should also not think themselves more special.

Every group has its own story to tell.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2017
Hug
GavelSlam:

For speaking the truth?

Igbos are not more marginalised than any group in Nigeria.

They should also not think themselves more special.

Every group has its own story to tell.
the igbos have always been treated as second class citizens since the war ended, they have persistently been punished for the first military coup in which other tribes partook.
There is an unarguable lack of federal presence in the southeast which no animal can deny.
Cities like aba,onitsha and nnewi are home to the largest hand made products in sub-Saharan Africa that can provide million of jobs are intentionally made to lie fallow. There are no seaports nor airports that can help open the east to the world,the federal controlled northern governments of the past have only been interested with milking the oil down south without caring about host communities.
I don't want to believe that you do not know what is happening in the east except for the wickedness in your heart.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2017
python1:
E don press another button, oya where una dey, the unchained mad dog don sh!t again, make una come lick his rectum. cheesy
fayose have done for Nigeria masses what the old dullard zombies fight for cannot do. The issue of Fulani herdsmen open cattle grazing comes to mind.
Stop exhibing frustrations,all he said is the bitter truth.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by python1: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2017
magoo10:
fayose have done for Nigeria masses what the old dullard zombies fight for cannot do. The issue of Fulani herdsmen open cattle grazing comes to mind.
Stop exhibing frustrations,all he said is the bitter truth.
Spotted. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2017
magoo10:
Hugthe igbos have always been treated as second class citizens since the war ended, they have persistently been punished for the first military coup in which other tribes partook.
There is an unarguable lack of federal presence in the southeast which no animal can deny.
Cities like aba,onitsha and nnewi are home to the largest hand made products in sub-Saharan Africa that can provide million of jobs are intentionally made to lie fallow. There are no seaports nor airports that can help open the east to the world,the federal controlled northern governments of the past have only been interested with milking the oil down south without caring about host communities.
I don't want to believe that you do not know what is happening in the east except for the wickedness in your heart.

Stop trying to join the Oil producing regions in your lamentation.

The east is the least prolific when it comes to oil production.

You've had Enwerem, Okadigbo, Wabara, Ayim, now Ekweremadu as Senate president or vice from 10 of the last 18 years of our recent democracy.

Please tell me how many motions or bills they've pushed for in the interest of the East.

What federal presence does Nigeria have in Kwara, Benue, Niger, Nasarawa or even Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara etc?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

Stop trying to join the Oil producing regions in your lamentation.

The east is the least prolific when it comes to oil production.

You've had Enwerem, Okadigbo, Wabara, Ayim, now Ekweremadu as Senate president or vice from 10 of the last 18 years of our recent democracy.

Please tell me how many motions or bills they've pushed for in the interest of the East.

What federal presence does Nigeria have in Kwara, Benue, Niger, Nasarawa or even Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara etc?

the bills cannot go through because the northerners who outnumber them in the house will not vote for the bills to be passed, I do not need to lecture you on how bills are passed and the politics played.
Abia, Imo and anambra are oil producing states, they have contributed largely to Nigerias income generations.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2017
magoo10:
the bills cannot go through because the northerners who outnumber them in the house will not vote for the bills to be passed, I do not need to lecture you on how bills are passed and the politics played.
Abia, Imo and anambra are oil producing states, they have contributed largely to Nigerias income generations.

Please state the bills and stop hypothesising

The same house chooses its leaders so how is it possible they cannot reach agreement on development?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please state the bills and stop hypothesising

The same house chooses its leaders so how is it possible they cannot reach agreement on development?
that is the unfortunate politics of hatred people like you will gladly engage in.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by Danladi7: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2017
Before any yoruba bastard pity the Igbo people,he should visit this thread:

www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

and see Igbo people toxic comments on the yorubas then!

Igbo people should be satisfied with their 5%percent!

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by OGAMINISTER: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2017
Amarabae:

Make shame catch you small na.........did Buhari do any thing personal to you?
Na only u dey suffer the recession?
If you are as educated as you assume here, you should be busy and leave making the owner of Nairaland richer from your meager income

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2017
OGAMINISTER:

Make shame catch you small na.........did Buhari do any thing personal to you?
Na only u dey suffer the recession?
If you are as educated as you assume here, you should be busy and leave making the owner of Nairaland richer from your meager income

Don't mind them.

One semi-literate fraudster of an albino sold their conscience to the devil and now, they are neck-deep in hate.

Marginalisation my foot.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by cstr1000: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by lonecatt(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

Don't mind them.

One semi-literate fraudster of an albino sold their conscience to the devil and now, they are neck-deep in hate.

Marginalisation my foot.
half baked students like you are the ones who advised the clueless dullard to divide the country into 97 and 5% ,the total failure of that daft decision have not thought locals like you lessons,you still go about glorifying your bush ideas that are outdated in this modern world.shame to you all

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 11:57am On Nov 02, 2017
lonecatt:
half baked students like you are the ones who advised the clueless dullard to divide the country into 97 and 5% ,the total failure of that daft decision have not thought locals like you lessons,you still go about glorifying your bush ideas that are outdated in this modern world.shame to you all
My brother don't waste your energy on bush men that can't think rationally

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by clevvermind(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
Amarabae:
FAYOSE SAID THE TRUTH. DON'T MIND THAT GUY.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by GavelSlam: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
lonecatt:

I insist you lot are not special.

You have had your fair share of governmental positions without your kith and kin pushing to transform your region.

You have not been treated any more different than a Hausa, Tiv, Yoruba or Ijaw person.

The 97 to 5% statement covers a whole swathe of areas but you guys have embraced it as your personal leash while others have moved on.

I insist there has been no marginalisation.

It is all in your head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by lonecatt(m): 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

I insist you lot are not special.

You have had your fair share of governmental positions without your kith and kin pushing to transform your region.

You have not been treated any more different than a Hausa, Tiv, Yoruba or Ijaw person.

The 97 to 5% statement covers a whole swathe of areas but you guys have embraced it as your personal leash while others have moved on.

I insist there has been no marginalisation.

It is all in your head.
point of correction I am from kogi and not Igbo,you have proven over and as being unfit for national discuss,you lack the mental reasoning and advance intelligence of making superior arguments and this will be my last response to you.
the 5% people the dullard was referring to are the igbos,if you take a careful look at the 2015 election voting pattern you will realize that they gave the dullard lesser votes for obvious reasons.
you can continue insisting but that's your personal opinion,the facts are There as stated by the South south and southeast governors forum whose reports was made known to the clueless one and he hasn't refuted the claims which means they are very correct.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by magoo10(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
lonecatt:
point of correction I am from kogi and not Igbo,you have proven over and as being unfit for national discuss,you lack the mental reasoning and advance intelligence of making superior arguments and this will be my last response to you.
the 5% people the dullard was referring to are the igbos,if you take a careful look at the 2015 election voting pattern you will realize that they gave the dullard lesser votes for obvious reasons.
you can continue insisting but that's your personal opinion,the facts are There as stated by the South south and southeast governors forum whose reports was made known to the clueless one and he hasn't refuted the claims which means they are very correct.
A snake can only give birth to a snake just like the dullard can only have dullards as followers, advance intelligence is very far from these lots, remember you said they only posses bush ideas. These ideas can only come through smoking gum and illicit substances.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Marginalised In Nigeria - Fayose by genearts(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rate This Islamic Wedding Picture / Shame On APC. Shame Shame Shame Shame / Man Attacks Keyamo In Awka For Accepting Buhari’s Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.