Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House (1097 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2017
So I was thinking, at what age (with or without a job) is a graduate meant to leave the house to start his/her own life?
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by Tension532: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by thorpido(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2017
If you are without a job,where will you go.............under bridge?
There's no specific age,it depends on your economic circumstances but by 25yrs old(in Nigeria),you are matured enough to be on your own.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 10:50am On Nov 02, 2017
It has nothing with age, once you are done with your Nysc kindly find your way from there and start hustling. That's why you have to save prior to your Nysc discharge certificate

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by RapportNaija(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
It has nothing with age, once you are done with your Nysc kindly find your way from there and start hustling. That's why you have to save prior to your Nysc discharge certificate

Lol... After NYSC? What would NYSC savings do for you? At best get you a room APT, and after that, you're left with nothing. What will pay for food, electricity, and other bills?

Biko! Leave your parents home when you are really capable to do so - and your parents don't need you around anymore!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by internationalman(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2017
I'm 35 and still In my mother's house.
come and beat me.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by anoda(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2017
When your parents starts acting funny, you'll get the message

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by anoda(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:

i you try ya self say u wan go house....hey my broda dem go tie you down cheesy
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2017
RapportNaija:

Lol... After NYSC? What would NYSC savings do for you? At best get you a room APT, and after that, you're left with nothing. What will pay for food, electricity, and other bills?

Biko! Leave your parents home when you are really capable to do so - and your parents don't need you around anymore!
That is why we have alot of graduates with poor entrepreneur acumen, so you will pay for a room just to sleep and wake up on your Facebook and whatsapp? Who told you that you cannot legitimately get a job while managing your a room apartment.... Oooh you are looking flat? Before you leave your parents house. Well ask your uncles that you always envy how they started their journey from paired 1 room apartment.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2017
internationalman:
come and beat me.
Tell your mum to rush down to the village and appease the gods before she will be the one to marry wife for you and show you how to off pant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by internationalman(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Tell your mum to rush down to the village and appease the gods before she will be the one to marry wife for you and show you how to off pant
Hilarious.
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by ImaIma1(f): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
RapportNaija:

In his parents house he has time to do instagram, nairaland, facebook because there id free food, electricity, etc.
When he leaves home at an early age, he will learn to fend for himself, be responsible for bills and for his food. It is a better choice than having everything handed to you.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by Godson201333(m): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gbadegesin19:
So I was thinking, at what age (with or without a job) is a graduate meant to leave the house to start his/her own life?

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by jaychubi: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
RapportNaija:

U ve mama thank ma mentality, this is the reason alot of ppl over 30 years are still under their fathers roof waiting for d next free meal. They love their free comfort zone. After nysc every man shld start planning an independent life

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by jaychubi: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
internationalman:
come and beat me.

Ok enjoy ur free food n shelter aka mama thank ma. U will never grow up if u dnt move out n hustle. Manhood starts the dey u pay for ur own house, feed, cloth n pay all ur bills from ur hustle. Anything short of this u r a child even if u r 40. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by waywardpikin: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
ImaIma1:

In his parents house he has time to do instagram, nairaland, facebook because there id free food, electricity, etc.
When he leaves home at an early age, he will learn to fend for himself, be responsible for bills and for his food. It is a better choice than having everything handed to you.

This sums up the advantages of moving out rather nicely. You reading this, don't be afraid to leave the nest. Spread your wings and attempt to fly. You will!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by DankPineapple: 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
I'll leave after NYSC but daddy will still pay rent
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by walesalak(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
I think it depends on d determination of d person

I know of somone who works and still stays with his parent (Altho i guess due to d old man age and also to keep him company so he doesnt develop unnecesary ailment)

He provides for virtually everything in d house ranging from electricity bills to food, building project, water bills and attimes help to sort financial issues.

So i see it as a mindset and determination though. But d risk in there is it will affect him thinking of getting married on time cos most ladies value privacy.

I av advised him though to get his own apartment even if he wont stay in there but as a means for him to gather his own properties also.
Re: At What Age Is A Person Meant To Leave The Family House by Femoje(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
hello, my name is femi I'm a young Tech startup, and am working on a social network basically for Nigeria. my team and I have been coding and programming the network site for about four months now to bring out the best. we need your assistant in the area of funding, we want seed fund offering in this project because we plan to launch the site first week of next month. And I will be glad if you play a part by funding the project to your capacity and interest. I will be glad to get feedback from you. Best Regard. WhatsApp: 08173857040

(1) (Reply)

Rich Couple Cause Great Havoc Along Uniport Express (with Photos). / PHOTOS: Nigerian Medical Doctor Celebrates One Year Birthday Of His Quintuplets / Help Us Find This Boy: Missing Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.