Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC (2295 Views)

MC Oluomo Travels Abroad After Discharge From Hospital / Buhari Travels To China With 4 Governors, 4 Senators, 9 Ministers / Why Does Naira Appreciate Whenever Buhari Travels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Sanchez01: 10:45am On Nov 03, 2017

The presidency has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari never made a promise to Nigerians in 2015 that he would not seek medical treatment abroad if elected.

His Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, yesterday disclosed this while appearing as a guest on Focus Nigeria, a programme on Africa Independent Television (AIT).

The spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bolaji Abdullahi, who appeared alongside Adesina, also said the much talked about promise the president allegedly made was false.

Abdullahi said: “I was the Deputy Director of the policy directorate of the campaign, I was there from the beginning to the end.”

“So many people came to join the group, some from even outside the country. Then one day, we were in a meeting, then one gentleman who heads one of the international NGOs in the country brought this list of 100 items that he was proposing that we should push out as the promise of Mr President to Nigerians.

“We circulated and asked everyone to study it and come back the following day so that we look at which ones we can own and which ones we need to reject.

“I remember that Number 1 on that list was to make the President say that ‘When I become President, I will not travel abroad for medical treatment’.

“And I remember we rejected that immediately, because we said we didn’t know what this man was dealing with; we didn’t know who his doctors had been, how could we say this for him?

“But you know what happened? One of us in the group just released the document.”

Adesina backed Abdullahi’s claim, confirming that the president was never aware of any such promise, let alone agree to it.

He said, “I can confirm that even the President himself, who was a candidate then, was not aware. The very week I resumed this assignment, I raised some things with the President. I said, this and this and this were promised, and the President said ‘When did I promise these things?’

“I said there is a document titled ‘100 things Buhari will do in 100 days’. He never knew about that document. He had to ask people to fetch that document for him, and it was the first time he was seeing it.

“So there were promises that people made during the campaign on his behalf.”

Adesina went further to blame the past administrations of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the poor state of healthcare in the country.

He said the situation was a major reason for the president’s medical trips abroad.

He said, “There was a time we could have afforded it, but the money was not properly spent. That’s why the President keeps lamenting that for a certain number of years consistently, oil prices stood at $100 per barrel, going as high as $120 per barrel at a time, and we were producing about 2.1 million barrels daily.

“Then when he (Buhari) came, oil prices plunged to $37 per barrel, so he called the Central Bank Governor and said, ‘Do we have savings?’ and the Governor said ‘No savings.’

“The question is, ‘What did they do with that money? Why didn’t they fix our hospitals in all those years that we had boom?’

“And you know that since 2015, things have been down and they are just looking up now. As things look up, if they ever ever get back to where we were, if we ever get back to $100 per barrel for oil under the Buhari administration, it’s doubtful.

“But if we ever get there, you can be sure that a lot will get done, because this is a prudent administration and the money of Nigerians will be used to serve Nigerians.”

DAILY POST recall that the president has made two trips to London this year alone to seek treatment for an undisclosed illness.

His most notable trip gulped 103 days, a medical vacation that caused public discontent resulting in many calling for his resignation from office.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/pdp-reason-buhari-travels-abroad-treatment-presidency-apc/
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Sanchez01: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2017
Failure has new siblings and it found it in Buhari and the APC

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4265931_buharicampaign1_jpeg5f6a1bf9c8c1c4c6365f6e6e96bcf7ef

It would take a while to forgive myself for standing in the sun just to vote this anomaly.

I see no reason why a political party cannot just come out and admit they deceived the masses who trusted them. This government's hide and seek would lead desperate Nigerians into voting a wrong fellow come 2019. As it stands, anything but Buhari, APC and the PDP.

I sincerely wish KOWA would get their acts together and contest come 2019.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

15 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Nbote(m): 10:48am On Nov 03, 2017
It is finished.. Lobatan!! Dis govt and APC are now officially clowns

5 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2017
PDP is also the reason why Aisha is the one that wipes Buhari's ass whenever he finishes using the toilet.

Awon Didinrin Aridin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by eMDeeLinks: 10:51am On Nov 03, 2017
oo
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by PatriotTemidayo: 10:51am On Nov 03, 2017
From this point, I finally give up on APC cry

12 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by clevvermind(m): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2017
APC IS A STUPID, DIRTY AND USELESS PARTY. JUST SHIFTING BLAMES AND DOING NOTHING.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by FarahAideed: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2017
grin grin another low again from the Buhari regime

4 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Spexo001(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2017
what a comedy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by aolawale025: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2017
Just how low would this government go before they realise their lies have expired

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2017
Where are the residential zombies? come and defend your pay master ooh

3 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by bennie1980(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2017
I am not surprised of all these denials from Buhari and APC. They did even owe us any campaign promised. We have our voters card ready to vote them out.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by GuyWise(m): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2017
A
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by einscienstist(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2017
10,000 APC fans (on nairaland) Switches to NO PARTY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT...
who wants to be voted should just walk to INEC with e 20m.... buy form and let' all those when no get money vote
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by three: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2017
Really
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by tashashiel(f): 11:18am On Nov 03, 2017
APC So it has gotten to this stage

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Spylord48: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2017
Can these people stop disgracing themselves with their utterances?
Apc is really a cancer that need to be treated with chemotherapy before it spreads to other area

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Oloripelebe: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin angry

This APC sha
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 03, 2017
Where is anonimi and Firefire to give us evidence of when buhari talked against foreign medical trip cheesy

Since PDP ran down the State clinic then what happened to the 3billion naira budgetted for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by magoo10(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
Blaming other people for your failures shows that you are incapable of the position you occupy
What has apc really achieved? Nothing but propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by amazingspiderma: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigeria need change in Leadership more than change in price of oil.

With good leadership the followers know where you are headed because of well spelt and communicated vision,mission which is guided by the right actions, policy, rule of law, equity and transparency. Not forgetting enlisting skilled human resources consistent with the job at hand bearing in mind that we should have a fair representation from all regions.

Buhari has shown that he has non of those in him. Nothing has been done right since he came to power.
Frankly if Buhari were to be anybody's business partner, they would have broken their business relationship long ago and gone their separate ways.

"Deal or no deal"
That's what should occupy the mind of every Nigerian now.
I don't doubt his capacity to rear cattle, but asking him to be a pro development democratic leader is asking above his league.
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by paBuhari(m): 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
The new form of corruption in defenc of Vegetable in this dispensation is to claimed Buhari is not aware.

[b]#1 His wantom electoral promises in which he (Vegetable himself) promised to end medical tourism by govt officials, they claim buhari is not aware.

#2 When Babachir (Grass cutter Intl) was giving a clean sheet despite corruption allegations leveled against him by the senate, they claimed buhari is not aware. Only for them to go back to their vomit and sack him few days ago.

#3 When Kiyari was accused of receiving bribes to negotiate MTN's fine, they claimed buhari was not aware.

#4 When CBN was accused of employing children of top politicians including those of buhari's friends and family members, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#5 When Kachikwu accused NNPC for awarding $25 Billion contract without due process, they claimed buhari was not aware (Yet he was the minister of petroleum).

#6 When Maina was secretly brought in from hiding to civil service and promoted twice with pay running into millions, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#7 When Aisha said that Aso rock clinic doesn't have syringe, they claim buhari was not aware.

#8 When buratai (Dubai real Estate investor) was accused of buying properties in Dubai through corrupt deeds, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#9 When DSS released damming corruption allegations against EFCC Chairman that saw his confirmation thrown to the dustbin, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#10 When 2016 budget was stolen from national assembly by the executive, they claimed buhari is not aware[/b]

If buhari is not aware of himself nor anything that goes on in the country, especially the ones listed above, what is he doing in Aso Rick?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Firefire(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Where is anonimi and Firefire to give us evidence of when buhari talked against foreign medical trip cheesy

Since PDP ran down the State clinic then what happened to the 3billion naira budgetted for it

cry cry

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by omowolewa: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
APC should wake up
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Firefire:

cry cry
Links and evidence of buhari talking against foreign medical trip. I cannt seem to download it
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by hucienda: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Aren't these fools yet to be ashamed of themselves?
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Paperwhite(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
[/b]"The presidency has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari never made a promise to Nigerians in 2015 that he would not seek medical treatment abroad if elected."[b]
Shit people in a shit government.I then implore Nigerians to vote back the PDP since these super-clueless animals never knew what governance was all about. angry angry
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Habakus: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
I will still give Nigeria another opportunity to redeem itself.
If Buhari wins second term, then I'll officially know there's no hope for Nigeria.
What sort of embarrassing lies are these?
How can a government dish out these gut-wrenching lies constantly without due consideration of the masses?
Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Paperwhite(m): 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
paBuhari:
The new form of corruption in defenc of Vegetable in this dispensation is to claimed Buhari is not aware.

#1 His wantom electoral promises in which he (Vegetable himself) promised to end medical tourism by govt officials, they claim buhari is not aware.

#2 When Babachir (Grass cutter Intl) was giving a clean sheet despite corruption allegations leveled against him by the senate, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#3 When Kiyari was accused of receiving bribes to negotiate MTN's fine, they claimed buhari was not aware.

#4 When CBN was accused of employing children of top politicians including those of buhari's friends and family members, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#5 When Kachikwu accused NNPC for awarding $25 Billion without due process, they claimed buhari was not aware (Yet he was the minister of petroleum).

#6 When Maina was secretly brought in from hiding to civil service and promoted twice with pay running into millions, they claimed buhari is not aware.

#7 When Aisha said that Aso rock clinic doesn't have syringe, they claim buhari was not aware.

If buhari is not aware of himself nor anything that goes on in the country, especially the ones listed above, what is he doing in Aso Rick?
Thank you brother.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by Firefire(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Links and evidence of buhari talking against foreign medical trip. I cannt seem to download it

All liars will go to hell...

1 Like

Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by RZArecta(m): 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
Fôolish presidency cool
Re: PDP Is The Reason Buhari Travels Abroad For Treatment – Presidency, APC by MONITZ: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenOfNepal:

Thank you for this observation,after all,the APC having been in power for more than 2 yrs now .wat happened to all the monies allocated to the state clinic in previous budgets?Nonsense,pot calling kettle black,this is the lowest a party can sink in Nigeria and they re showing other parties to come after them how to be clueless,rudderless and irresponsible... Most of their party faithfuls ve since given up on them.I am scared Voters' apathy would mar the elections in 2019 because people re just tired of these politicians gambling with our future,politicians re all the same since they re like the two sides of the same coin ....

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

E Be Like Say Sowere Be D 2nd Most Popular Candidate / 2019 : Nairaland Debate ; PDP Vs APC / Breaking: Tribunal Orders INEC To Issue Adeleke With Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.