Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee (809 Views)

BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm / Good News For Workers As Minimum Wage Committee Concluded Negotiations / Buhari Appoints Ama Pepple Head Of National Minimum Wage Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by Boyooosa(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2017
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, on Thursday said he had cleared nominations into the committee that would come up with a new minimum wage for workers with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Although he did not disclose the membership of the yet-to-be inaugurated committee, he said it was a tripartite panel, including representatives of the Federal and state governments, as well as the private sector.

Ngige disclosed this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of a meeting he had with Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said all stakeholders had sent in their nomination, saying efforts are ongoing to arrive at a date for the committee’s inauguration.

The minister said, “The old (minimum wage) law expired last year August and we are now in the process of empaneling a new national minimum wage committee.

“I have cleared the appointments with the President today (Thursday) and as soon as the labour people come back from the Labour Governing Board meeting in Geneva, we will take a consensus date with the governors because it is a tripartite committee involving federal, states and the private sector: NECA, MAN, NACCIMA, SMEs.

“The NLC, TUC and their affiliates have done their nominations. What we are now trying to finetune is the date for inauguration.”

When asked whether the N56,000 minimum wage being demanded by workers is feasible, Ngige said the tripartite committee would decide that.
Source: http://punchng.com/buhari-approves-nominations-into-minimum-wage-committee/
Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by mercyp001(f): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2017
APC taking workers for granted since 950 BC
Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 03, 2017
Useless nomination
Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by Boyooosa(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2017
To you, it is useless, to people working, it is hopeful. At least...
Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by Spylord48: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2017
They should look into the issue of this minimum wage o even if mean cutting the budget of those 469 criminals shouting Yey and Na plus the budget of state house.I wonder why they will be buying forks,knives, plate and spoon yearly why the workers are going home with #18000 monthly

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by python1: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2017
So since all these while, dem never even set up the committee sef? undecided. But dis thing have tay when dem dey talk about am na. So na still nomination level e dey? undecided. Choi, when I was expecting the implementation to take off in Jan? Buhari, you fall my hand. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Nominations Into Minimum Wage Committee by Boyooosa(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
Spylord48:
They should look into the issue of this minimum wage o even if mean cutting the budget of those 469 criminals shouting Yey and Na plus the budget of state house.I wonder why they will be buying forks,knives, plate and spoon yearly why the workers are going home with #18000 monthly
python1:
So since all these while, dem never even set up the committee sef? undecided. But dis thing have tay when dem dey talk about am na. So na still nomination level e dey? undecided. Choi, when I was expecting the implementation to take off in Jan? Buhari, you fall my hand. undecided
Sometimes, Buhari dey behave like machine and the one that is not fully supported by adequate voltage. I don't know the reason they stayed this long b4 he approves a commission to handle a vital matter of this gratitude and still, all those useless 469 as mentioned above will not put in worthy/required might in passing such bill but they have the strength to throw chairs when it gets to the matter that has to do with their crazy pockets.
MW, I use this platform to educate our capable market women and our able bodied grin market men that the news is; Buhari has approved the committee to DELIBERATE on the salary review or increment and they shouldn't deliberately or intentionally mistake it for the approval of increment of minimum wages o. Because, small time now, u go hear say food items price has increased, biko!

(1) (Reply)

Fire Everywhere: Happening Now, New Market Owerri Is On Fire (photos) / The Agenda Behind Grazing Reserve Christen As Cattle Colony / Breaking News. Benue People Demanding For Operation Lizard.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.