Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) (110559 Views)

Nigerian Man Found Barely Alive In Landing Gear Of Algeria Flight To Paris / Welcome To Abuja, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / How Possible Is Relocating To Algeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Safiaa(f): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
lonlytroy:

NIGERIA IS CURSED
The curse will be broken na. With prayer all things are possible. Let's pray for the theives and they will miraculously wake up and do what they're assigned to do. We shall leave everything to God.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
great mosque of Algiers minaret (270m )

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by oyatz(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
My point is the European slave traders didn't act alone but had the support and cooperation of powerful African chiefs in the Slave trading cartel....in simpler terms, Africans sold fellow Africans into slavery.

pansophist:

And your point is ?

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by pansophist(m): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
oyatz:
My point is the European slave traders didn't act alone but had the support and cooperation of powerful African chiefs in the Slave trading cartel....in simpler terms, Africans sold fellow Africans into slavery.

Can you supplement this claim with verifiable evidence?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
pansophist:

fortunately, chinua Achebe had a quote for this kind of Apocryphal history, "Until the lions have their own historian, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 17, 2017
chiefbidemi:

Thank for the swift response. Algeria is now on my travel list for this December. I will quote you with my pics when I'm in Algeria

Chief Bidemi remember me in your kingdom sir. Algeria on my mind too but....�
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by oyatz(m): 6:31am On Nov 18, 2017
Read my post again, this time very slowly.

pansophist:

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
pansophist:

The guy you quoted is right

Even as an Igbo man, i know the infamous role the Aro confederacy played in selling us out to the British and the Dutch

The Dahomey king was complicit as well, as he was collecting his own cut from the deal. When they came raiding Abeokuta, it was to carry them as slaves

Just few did not get involved.

Back then, Igbo land was a thick equatorial forest, with dangerous things in between, you really think the slave traders will just come in like that without help grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
pansophist:

The notion that Africans sold themselves into slavery is a eurocentric doctrine that aims to share the blame and make it seems like the horrors of the transatlantic slave trade are merely transactions that both parties agree to. Instead of unquestionably accepting such notion as a gospel truth, an ordinary curiosity and analyzation will show that it is a historical lie that is still being taught to people worldwide.

If truly, Africans sold themselves into slavery, why is such notion only preached in eurocentric books? why are there no pieces of evidence from the participating African tribes such as linguistic, fairy tales, slaves hosting sites, paintings, etc showing these? Put in mind that slave trade exists for about 300 years. It is impossible for the evidence of such a massive historical event to be reduced to claims that Africans sold each other.

In the book ''How Europe Underdeveloped Africa'', the author described how the white author of a book on the slave trade admitted that he was encouraged by other scholars to blame the slave trade solely on the Africans. This narrative helps to lessen European guilt by making Africans seem just as or even more guilty of being involved in the slave trade.

The holocaust even if fewer in numbers compared to the slave trade and shorter in time span, the evidence documenting its existence is overwhelming such as words of mouth, survivors, extermination camps, pictures etc. To believe that Africans actually sold themselves into slavery, a transaction that they loosed from is wrong. And if we actually did, you would imagine the kind of hate that exists between us to be able to sell off over hundred million people of our kind. Don't expect the guilty to tell you the truth, use your common sense.

There is a reason why a lot of Igbo people hate Arochukwu people, because of the role they played in selling us out.
This is the one I heard direct from my great grand mother shortly before she died.

I also visited the museum in Ouidah, and it is well documented that the kings supported the slave trade, as long as they were collecting their share from the Dutch.
What they used to pay the kings are still in the museum, go there and see for yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2017
mars planet ? no only Algeria

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Dirkcoyt: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2017
sukkot:
lmao fuc-king mental indeed. constructing the bridge is the easy part. driving over it is the hard part. well you know they have these surveyors equipment and they will stand on one side and the equipment will tell them what the distance is to the other side. then they will go to their factory and construct the bridge to that size. then run it through tests to see its durability. then they will use two co-ordinated helicopters to carry each end and then place it on the two cliffs. then they will then fasten it down with bolts and cement and alloy material metals

Jah rastafai brother Sukkot. you high on meth again ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Algiers , during renovation of old buildings

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
Algiers

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 27, 2017
he no go better for all our politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2017
@Algerian1،قد لعن آلسياسين في نيجري.
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2017
Algerian1:

not only electricity , water and gaz also 24h/7 days , why ?
because our electricity is not stable in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by olahero(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2017
Hnnnnnnn i am not happy to see Nigeria at this century to be looking as if i am in Chad. hahaha

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
These North Africans are the most racist group of people in Africa and the world.
Just take a look at the mess and crises going on in Libya!
When is the search for greener pastures an opportunity to enslave black Africans.
Is there any reason on earth that justifies the hatred and savagery actions melted out on those black migrants.
Racism and hatred of Black skin is not a new phenomenon in North Africa,it is a part of their history and they don't hide that fact.
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ugosample:

There is a reason why a lot of Igbo people hate Arochukwu people, because of the role they played in selling us out.
This is the one I heard direct from my great grand mother shortly before she died.

I also visited the museum in Ouidah, and it is well documented that the kings supported the slave trade, as long as they were collecting their share from the Dutch.
What they used to pay the kings are still in the museum, go there and see for yourself.
Fast forward to 2017, Libyans are currently auctioning and selling off your black brothers,migrants and refugges as slaves.
You should know that these people including europeans are not afraid of commiting barbaric and inhumane acts on black people and will change the narrative to justify their actions and shift the blame.
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Fast forward to 2017, Libyans are currently auctioning and selling off your black brothers,migrants and refugges as slaves.
You should know that these people including europeans are not afraid of commiting barbaric and inhumane acts on black people and will change the narrative to justify their actions and shift the blame.

So they changed the narrative back then eh

I hear you.

Black men blame all others apart from himself all the time.

It's hard for many pseudo pan Africanists to believe that Africans were highly involved in the slave trade

It's hard for them to believe that the Aro confederacy, Dajomey and other African elite back then profited MASSIVELY from the slave trade.

To them, it's blame Europeans.
They had their role to play, and have long accepted it, but Africans till today have refused to accept their own blame.

As for what is happening in Libya, it is due to the irresponsible governments in Sub Saharan Africa that caused it.

The conflicts, the bad governments etc are driving a lot of them out of their countries.
Though some of them are also greedy, but bad governance is 85% responsible for the massive flow.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
I doubt Nigeria needs this sort of pictures from you because your intention behind posting these pictures will be interpreted as a symbol of mockery until you arabized North African folks begin to treat Black people with as humans.
Racism against the Black skin is a fundamental aspect of your lifestyle and history and nothing is being done the statusquo.
I don't consider you advanced, civilized,developed or Africans till you all take a stand against torturing and enslaving Black people.
You may deny the charge but that doesn't change what is happening in Libya and most North African countries. #stopslavery

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:
These North Africans are the most racist group of people in Africa and the world.
Just take a look at the mess and crises going on in Libya!
When is the search for greener pastures an opportunity to enslave black Africans.
Is there any reason on earth that justifies the hatred and savagery actions melted out on those black migrants.
Racism and hatred of Black skin is not a new phenomenon in North Africa,it is a part of their history and they don't hide that fact.

What is happening in Libya is a big shame.
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:
I doubt Nigeria needs this sort of pictures from you because your intention behind posting these pictures will be interpreted as a symbol of mockery until you arabized North African folks begin to treat Black people with as humans.
Racism against the Black skin is a fundamental aspect of your lifestyle and history and nothing is being done the statusquo.
I don't consider you advanced, civilized,developed or Africans till you all take a stand against torturing and enslaving Black people.
You may deny the charge but that doesn't change what is happening in Libya and most North African countries. #stopslavery

Tunisia seems to treat blacks better tho
And I think Algeria too

The world takes us as animals because to a large extent, many blacks run their societies like animals.

The racism against blscks will reduce when we lift ourselves up, have proper organised societies, and poverty is drastically reduced amongst us.
That way, we gain more respect

That's my thought tho

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ugosample:

So they changed the narrative back then eh

I hear you.

Black men blame all others apart from himself all the time.

It's hard for many pseudo pan Africanists to believe that Africans were highly involved in the slave trade

It's hard for them to believe that the Aro confederacy, Dajomey and other African elite back then profited MASSIVELY from the slave trade.

To them, it's blame Europeans.
They had their role to play, and have long accepted it, but Africans till today have refused to accept their own blame.

As for what is happening in Libya, it is due to the irresponsible governments in Sub Saharan Africa that caused it.

The conflicts, the bad governments etc are driving a lot of them out of their countries.
Though some of them are also greedy, but bad governance is 85% responsible for the massive flow.
Nothing justifies the level of dehumanization blacks are passing in Libya at this very moment.
There is no doubt that most African countries are not doing well ,does it then justify the oppression,tortue and slave trade.
So economic migrants and war refugges looking for greener pastures are supposed to be pawned and treated like animals because they arrived from dysfunctional countries?
Are poorer people not trouping to Nigeria, London, America etc in search of a better life?
This level of mindset doesn't make you any different from the Libyan slave traders.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Nothing justifies the level of dehumanization blacks are passing in Libya at this very moment.
There is no doubt that most African countries are not doing well ,does it then justify the oppression,tortue and slave trade.
So economic migrants and war refugges looking for greener pastures are supposed to be pawned and treated like animals because they arrived from dysfunctional countries?
Are poorer people not trouping to Nigeria, London, America etc in search of a better life?
This level of mindset doesn't make you any different from the Libyan slave traders.

Do You even understand what I'm saying?
Stop being emotional and read properly and understand me

I'm not justifying the act, I'm just saying what I think is the root cause.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Tunisia seems to treat blacks better tho
And I think Algeria too

The world takes us as animals because to a large extent, many blacks run their societies like animals.

The racism against blscks will reduce when we lift ourselves up, have proper organised societies, and poverty is drastically reduced amongst us.
That way, we gain more respect

That's my thought tho
Blacks running themselves like animals is your opinion informed by Scientific racism and eurocentric assesment and intrusion in African affairs.
Where Africans running themselves like animals a thing 400yrs ago when they instutionalized slavery by capturing free people and intentionaly created wars amongst Africans for slave proceeds? Where Africans don't organized in their respective groups and civilization prior colonialism and neocolonialism?
The belief that blacks are like animals in rooted in serials of eurocentric hypothesis that classified blacks as savages, uncultured and relatives of lowly animals. Apart from corruption, Neocolonialism has been a major factor that has prohibited africans from advancing, from imposition of stooges to unfavourable economic sanctions to an indirect intrusion in African affairs.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Blacks running themselves like animals is your opinion informed by Scientific racism and eurocentric assesment and intrusion in African affairs.
Where Africans running themselves like animals a thing 400yrs ago when they instutionalized slavery by capturing free people and intentionaly created wars amongst Africans for slave proceeds? Where Africans don't organized in their respective groups and civilization prior colonialism and neocolonialism?
The belief that blacks are like animals in rooted in serials of eurocentric hypothesis that classified blacks as savages, uncultured and relatives of lowly animals. Apart from corruption, Neocolonialism has been a major factor that has prohibited africans from advancing, from imposition of stooges to unfavourable economic sanctions to an indirect intrusion in African affairs.

LMAO

This old excuse.

Africans, or will i say most Africans live like animals, in a disorganised society, don't have collective will and destroy each other very easily.
The Europeans knew this and set the tribes against each other (they used their weakness against them)

Today, it's still the same old story
And this has nothing much with what Europeans say about us.
If you are called an animal living in a disoriented place, and people come to check, and indeed you live in such manner, many will assume that is the way you are

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
I have worked in volunteer organisations in different African countries, and what I saw/experienced there indeed reinforced my thinking that indeed, probably something is wrong with the black man.

People scheming to steal aid money meant for their people...
And many other atrocities

I told my colleagues then that it is better that these organisations leave Africa and let them fix their oroblens themselves
There is no need forcing people who are not ready to develop to develop

It's a shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by KemjikaEme: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Do You even understand what I'm saying?
Stop being emotional and read properly and understand me

I'm not justifying the act, I'm just saying what I think is the root cause.
You are justifying it!
We all know that most African govt are incompetent but does that justify the treatment of blacks like animals in Libya?
Re: Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) by Ugosample(m): 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

You are justifying it!
We all know that most African govt are incompetent but does that justify the treatment of blacks like animals in Libya?

nope
it does not justify it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

How To Send WAEC Results To WES / Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.