Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,135 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain (38753 Views)

Doctor Stephen Ijeuwe Collapses, Dies In FMC Yenogoa Over Lack Of Defibrillator / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by LilSmith55(m): 12:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Daemonsanti:
Football Manager All night.

See my twin brother.... the game wan turn me to another thing

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by kikake: 12:11am On Nov 04, 2017
TEAMvido:
igbo men and ladies take note ...
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...
Capitalism rules the world today.
Guess why Igbo people don't want to continue to remain in one Nigeria with retards who don't like wealth.

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Iscoalarcon: 12:11am On Nov 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/here-is-how-lack-of-sleep-is-harming.html

Paul Samuel #GHS Gombe class of 2012
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Habyz(m): 12:13am On Nov 04, 2017
According to you by-products of neural activities are removed best when asleep, you didn't specify weather at night or day.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 04, 2017
Silvermoney:
Yet they say all the so-called hard working billionaires work till 2.am and wake up by 5.am. That's only three hours of sleep. They say someone like Mike Adenuga only sleeps for 2 to 3 hours every night, because he must stay alert to monitor his multi billion dollar empire.

Which one should we believe? Who sleep epp?

The truth is that sleep cannot and should not stand in the way of one's pursuit of money.

We shall all have enough time to sleep.... When we are dead.

Very ignorant somebody. As if the money would be taken along when one dies.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2017
kikake:

Capitalism rules the world today.
Guess why Igbo people don't want to continue to remain in one Nigeria with retards who don't like wealth.

Pursue that wealth in igboland. We are tired of economic migrants on our lands. We are easy going people who take life easy.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:18am On Nov 04, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...
them no call igbo man or igbo ladies for there o. .wetin I read na. sleep or lack of sleep
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by SatanPikin: 12:32am On Nov 04, 2017
Wow. That's why they said reading at night is bad
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by tuscani: 12:46am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
If u thoroughly read this post u will understood and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say....
so u never ready stop this igbo
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Herrmes: 12:50am On Nov 04, 2017
Lie, I personally don't need that much sleep.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Silvermoney: 1:03am On Nov 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Very ignorant somebody. As if the money would be taken along when one dies.

Don't use words foolishly. What does ignorant mean? I made a straightforward point with examples. Refute it with a counter argument with examples,. That's how to be smart. If you can't, then don't respond at all. Calling others names doesn't prove you have any sense at all, Mr. Ignorant Somebody.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Rick9(m): 1:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Is it possible for somebody not to sleep when he/she is feeling sleepy ?
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Youngsage: 1:17am On Nov 04, 2017
And lalasticlala just had to post this on the front page this night.. hahahaha!
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by donhils: 1:19am On Nov 04, 2017
Esepayan:
how do u sleep when
ur kids have not had food
ur rent is due
and you just lost ur job
you can only sleep when you don't have responsibilities
Why must all these happen to one person at once?
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 04, 2017
beeen sleeping 8hrs yet i never blow...decided to be sleeping 4hrs and see my life coming back at once...

some theory looks good on paper
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Demmtek:
true talk cancerians rocks even if i go vigil i no go sleeep till d following morning and i will still go to work with my health 100% no dozzing off at work same during exam at school we dont sleep in the afternoon if i sleep in the afternoon it is a bad omen am falling seriously ill, we b kerosine i thought i was the only human with this ability, cancerians are the special editions being the almighty created.
my dad took me to the hospital more than 5 times for check ups and sorts, he is always wondering why a boy wouldn't sleep all through the night.. And if i should sleep in the afternoon, before i wake, my mum would have gotten different drugs for me cuz she knows i'm probably sick. There was a time like that, that i was having issue with my stomach so the doctor gave me injection so i can sleep or so, bros come see wahala oooo, my body come dey resist the injection.. I dey cry like baby that day, i know say i feel weak but my body no dey accept the sleep, the outside me come dey frustrated. The doctor self come dey fear say which kain wahala be this, the injection works under 5 min on patients but me na after i don cry for like 3 hours the thing work oooo. I don't know.. I'm so much in love with the sign.. The only thing wey spoil am be say most of us are introverts.. To follow girl wey we dey die on top talk na wahala.. But i'm really working hard on myself anyway and i'm glad i'm gradually becoming an extrovert. I will soon get there i believe.

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Dramadiddy(m): 2:10am On Nov 04, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
are you a cancer? Most cancers always have poblem sleeping.. It's one of our unique ability, we don't sleep much in the night and still wake up strong like we had slept the whole night. If you are a cancer then it's not a problem and i don't think there's nothing you can do about it.. I don't usually sleep most nights, i do stay up till 3, 4 and still wake up by 7.. Have tried everything even drugs, it's not heping so i stop trying. Unless i'm very, very, very weak, i'd never sleep early.
I'm not cancer... I think it's phone and computer addiction.. I only sleep when I've been extremely busy all day
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
If u thoroughly read this post u will understood and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say....

You nailed it! grin grin
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Konze70: 2:27am On Nov 04, 2017
It's very important at least 8 hrs every night
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by davss02(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2017
chyckxx:
Mans gats hustle. Even if you get all that sleep at night, you'll still die someday.
One of the inevitabilities of life...

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by trustibk(m): 4:00am On Nov 04, 2017
I trade itunes walmart amazon vanilla neteller gift cards at an affordable price. .
check my signature or my profile on how to contact me. .
a trial will surely convince you..
please serious minded people only
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Gofwane(m): 5:00am On Nov 04, 2017
Ok, thank you op. Now i know the reason why soldiers obey orders like zombees. The lack of sleep during their training has damaged their brains cheesy
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by oputa1: 5:16am On Nov 04, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...

Money please visit d. Igbos with ur different wrapper's , we igbos love , please don't go to ur haters

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by superpauL(m): 6:18am On Nov 04, 2017
Daemonsanti:
Football Manager All night.
lol...... which one in particular bro?

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Priceless200(f): 6:51am On Nov 04, 2017
osazsky:
abeg I wan sleep. c u guys tomorrow. arsenal fans please don't fail to go to church on Sunday o and make sure ur bible is with u from 3pm - 5pm, just an advice
Thanks for the advice.... But allow us chop our 10 - 0 in piece naa.

But n'a this kain match Arsenal dey surprise the world o.
You'd be amazed
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by takenadoh: 6:52am On Nov 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Without adequate rest and sleep, you are putting your brain in danger.

Most people are already burning the midnight candle with a believe that money does not sleep, some sleep for few hours per night just to make their business move or to make ends meet. Even if you sleep for 8 hours in the day and barely get a wink at night, you re still harming your brain and worse of all your business too.

What makes businesses move? It's simply the big brains behind them. We have the Steve Jobs of Apple, the Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and the Bill Gates of Microsoft. All these people have something in common, a high IQ.

Surprisingly, losing sleep to make your business move smoothly or for whichever reason you choose to stay up at night, puts a lot of stress on your brain and does just the opposite of what you are hoping to achieve.

For some, the effects might show immediately, and for others, it might take some time, but the risk remains the same.

Here is what Travis Bradberry had to say

Skipping sleep impairs your brain function across the board. It slows your ability to process information and problem solve, kills your creativity, and catapults your stress levels and emotional reactivity

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Want more evidence?

A new research from the University of Rochester (United States) provided first direct evidence to how your brain cells need sleep to function perfectly (Don't worry it wouldn't be so crazy science, I always simple stuff for you guys).

According to the study, when you sleep, your brain goes to work, removing toxin proteins from its neurons that are by-products of neural activity when you are awake. Now, your brain can only remove them adequately only while you are asleep. So when you don't get enough sleep, the toxic proteins remain in your brain cells wreaking havoc by impairing your ability to think.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep at all when you finally get your slack.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/here-is-how-lack-of-sleep-is-harming.html

You article is misleading, it is talking about sleep deprivation in general and those you referenced talked about not sleeping.
But you decided to say at night. SMH, Lala didn't even read it and pushed it to FP
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by valinno(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2017
Bros have you made any research to know how many hours those men you mentioned sleeps a day,take it or leave it sleep is one of the reasons some people re stagnant in life.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by freeman95(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2017
Yahoo yahoo boys suppose read this one
grin
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Daemonsanti(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2017
LilSmith55:

See my twin brother.... the game wan turn me to another thing
lol... the game wan kill person....I'm addicted so bad.
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Daemonsanti(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2017
superpauL:
lol...... which one in particular bro?
sport interactive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Piles (haemorrhoids) – Basics, Symptoms And Treatment / Saudi Surgeons Separate Nigerian Conjoined Twins - Hassana And Hassina (Photo) / Chinese Doctors In Nigeria End 14-Day Isolation Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.