Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain (38728 Views)

Doctor Stephen Ijeuwe Collapses, Dies In FMC Yenogoa Over Lack Of Defibrillator / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by FitnessDoctor: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Without adequate rest and sleep, you are putting your brain in danger.

Most people are already burning the midnight candle with a believe that money does not sleep, some sleep for few hours per night just to make their business move or to make ends meet. Even if you sleep for 8 hours in the day and barely get a wink at night, you re still harming your brain and worse of all your business too.

What makes businesses move? It's simply the big brains behind them. We have the Steve Jobs of Apple, the Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and the Bill Gates of Microsoft. All these people have something in common, a high IQ.

Surprisingly, losing sleep to make your business move smoothly or for whichever reason you choose to stay up at night, puts a lot of stress on your brain and does just the opposite of what you are hoping to achieve.

For some, the effects might show immediately, and for others, it might take some time, but the risk remains the same.

Here is what Travis Bradberry had to say

Skipping sleep impairs your brain function across the board. It slows your ability to process information and problem solve, kills your creativity, and catapults your stress levels and emotional reactivity

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Want more evidence?

A new research from the University of Rochester (United States) provided first direct evidence to how your brain cells need sleep to function perfectly (Don't worry it wouldn't be so crazy science, I always simple stuff for you guys).

According to the study, when you sleep, your brain goes to work, removing toxin proteins from its neurons that are by-products of neural activity when you are awake. Now, your brain can only remove them adequately only while you are asleep. So when you don't get enough sleep, the toxic proteins remain in your brain cells wreaking havoc by impairing your ability to think.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep at all when you finally get your slack.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/here-is-how-lack-of-sleep-is-harming.html

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by benzene00: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
money first

who sleep help

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by TEAMvido(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
igbo men and ladies take note ... this is for you .... una too like money ...?? why ? ehn...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by anitapreeti(f): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
TEAMvido:
igbo men and ladies take note ...
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...

Awesome undecided

14 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
wink
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Miserablemee: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Did I not tell you that you will one day become miserable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by chyckxx(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Even if you get all that sleep at night, you'll still die someday.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by VickyRotex(f): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by mrdipye(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Daemonsanti(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Football Manager All night.

8 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by shinarlaura(f): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...

Lol

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
how do u sleep when
ur kids have not had food
ur rent is due
and you just lost ur job
you can only sleep when you don't have responsibilities

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by AuroraB(f): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...
You wey hate money, may it never come near you. Say Amen sad

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Michaelpresh(m): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
How do you feel when you attend your ex's wedding ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
If u thoroughly read this post u will understood and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say....

10 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by vengertime: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...
Dem swear for you abi

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by frankloloko: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
When your brain is too active you can't sleep . I normally get 7hours , still complain until I read dangote documentry , he sleep just 5 hours a night . Na poor man like sleep pass .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nickymichy(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=FitnessDoctor post=62050031]Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Without adequate rest and sleep, you are putting your brain in danger.

Most people are already burning the midnight candle with a believe that money does not sleep, some sleep for few hours per night just to make their business move or to make ends meet. Even if you sleep for 8 hours in the day and barely get a wink at night, you re still harming your brain and worse of all your business too.

What makes businesses move? It's simply the big brains behind them. We have the Steve Jobs of Apple, the Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and the Bill Gates of Microsoft. All these people have something in common, a high IQ.

Surprisingly, losing sleep to make your business move smoothly or for whichever reason you choose to stay up at night, puts a lot of stress on your brain and does just the opposite of what you are hoping to achieve.

For some, the effects might show immediately, and for others, it might take some time, but the risk remains the same.

Here is what Travis Bradberry had to say

Skipping sleep impairs your brain function across the board. It slows your ability to process information and problem solve, kills your creativity, and catapults your stress levels and emotional reactivity

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Want more evidence?
I no dey joke wix my slp... In fact as am typing now am sleeping...

3 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Bukky001(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nothing to type sef bt sha, make I write something

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Heffalump(m): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
kkko:
If u thoroughly read this post u will understood and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say....

You're a pure breed of a clown grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lagos people fit sleep anywhere
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by bjayx: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
I hear...
Make I go sleep now
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
kkko:

Chai.

Who do person like this

6 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Dramadiddy(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
fitnessdoctor i have issues sleeping.. can stay up till almost 4am sometimes then later sleep in the morning, but its hard to sleep at night,, what is the remedy

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by osazsky(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
abeg I wan sleep. c u guys tomorrow. arsenal fans please don't fail to go to church on Sunday o and make sure ur bible is with u from 3pm - 5pm, just an advice

7 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by antontech(m): 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
I see
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by YesNo(m): 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
there's enough time to sleep when we are dead

many of the inventions and innovations we have been enjoying came from multiple sleepless nights.

Personally, I find it boring.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
TEAMvido:
this is for you ....
una too like money ...??
why ?
ehn...

What do seun and his cohorts have to do to this type and kind of people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2017

8 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by YesNo(m): 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
osazsky:
abeg I wan sleep. c u guys tomorrow. arsenal fans please don't fail to go to church on Sunday o and make sure ur bible is with u from 3pm - 5pm, just an advice

Hahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by Ugoeze2016: 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Do people still sleep in this change season?
Re: Here Is How Lack Of Sleep Is Harming Your Brain by mykh01(m): 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
I blame buhari, for my short sleeping schedule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Born With Deformity In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Medical Doctor Knocked Down While Jogging In Lagos / 6 Steps To Avoid Sperm Leakage After Sexual Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.