Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo (6788 Views)

Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others / Nigeria's Economy Attracted $16.8bn Investment Inflow In 2018 – NBS / US Treasury Slams Sanctions On Nigeria, Others For Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by BIGDADDY000(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2017
are u sure it's dollars dis time around? so dat u would'nt come back and say it's naira again o.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Ijaya123: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2017
Paperwhite:
Economy that the same APC have bastardized that investors are running away from? This VP have turned a nauseating liar.

The economy was so good under your failed PDP government that thet were borrowing money to pay salaries. Wailers are persistently suffering from selective amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Ijaya123: 10:59am On Nov 04, 2017
arabbunkum:
The lying bastard that still claims to be a pastor.

Mention the lie in his statement kid. Calling someone old enough to be your father a bastard is apparently an indication of a faulty, terrible and failed upbringing, hence so much baseless hatred oozing from your soul.

Quote me wrongly and thunder strike you.

3 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by shedy03(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2017
whatever APC is claiming can only be heard in the news, and nowhere to be seen in reality. cai.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
progress69:

The economy was already bastardised before APC came to power.

1. Several governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors
2. FG borrowed to pay Feb/Mar 2015 salaries.
3. Oil marketters were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected distruptions (never in Nigeria have this happenned)
4. Road contractors were being owed billions of $ hence they vacated all roads.
5. Even your all mighty Iweala was singing like a kanery bird how the country was in trouble with the oil price crashing (oil was still above $70/barrel)

U need more evidence.....?

This government have tried in bailing out state governments and have been paying federal workers. Oil price went to all time low of $28/barrel. (Below production price)
Terrorists were blowing up pipelines [u guys were glad]

Cry all u want, sane minds knows that, this government may not have met expectations, but we are greatful the past government never continued rulling. One will wonder what all the oil money garnered for 5 years plus was used for.

Shame!
..progress...i understand that you hv a great sympathy for the buhari govt.mayb cuz you were too young during the previous govt, or ur just being political...I read with serious dismay all the rubbish you posted trying to justify a govt that is not very convincing on how dey manage the economy..................................................................1st you stated that during last govt,that the governor's won't pay workers salaries..now I asked since when is there a law that compels FG to mk stare government pay salary?.. hv u not been reading d papers where even buhari appeals to state govt to pay thier workers..but u were quick to blame it on Jonathan..is Jonathan the president now..? why are we hearing stories of stolen instead if using the bailout funds for salary payment by the states....nd for you info..mayb yr not exposed enuf...delayed payment of salaries by state became the order if the day from buhari's govt mur than the last govt.dou for me I won't blame both central govt for these.instead I blame the governor's.......................................
2. you also stated that the fed govt under Jonathan borrowed to pay salaries...nd I ask..what is wrong in that..the country has long been structured for recurrent expenditure on services to surpass the capital expenditure..when you hv a flowing work force nd there is a sudden an early sustainable dive in ur revenue..knowing it usually bounce bak up..would you rather borrow to pay ur workers or owe dem nd mk them suffer prematurely..what d FG did den was to borrow to pay..nd then announced Hw they got the money..to mk the workers get ready for the worse..whildt tgey massively engaged in internal revenue generation drive..thats y your buhari govt met the TSA policy,they also announced an increase in taxes for luxury goods onwers,tax increase for house owners worth more than 300million in the FCT..increased tax on expensive champaign etc..dont tell me u didn't hear about this cuz if you do then ur a born.liar...the difrence btw then and now is that whilst both are strugling to manage a nosediving economy, the former still has the citizens at heart nd go gradually in her austerity measures whilst the latter act like's fools using stupid textbook models as solution nd neglecting it's cost on her citizen....
.3.you mention without thinking about how anything how the oil marketers were owed...if you can remember..then the then govt has critical abt the importation deals coming from these oil marketers,it investigated nd discovered a very famous oil importation scam of the govt.that y d nu govt is paying bak the then minister of petroleum who led dis probe..govt den threatened to halt thier payment nd did..they colluded as the oligopoly that they are and totally shut down the industry.at the same time d govt brokered the u guyz now praise to b the revolution in the oil industry with the dangote group..pkz ma man don't deceive yourself that dangote saw the opportunity nd took it to invest in a regulated fuel maket..u are joking..dangote was actually promised by the last govt to take the risk to invest in refinery that if they win the election,they would surely deregulate the industry for him to compete with govt refinery...do u know that buhari refused this policy when he assumed office nd denied dangote whom has invested over 8billion dollars then access to see him,cuz he believed it's a pdp deal. with dangote..that got dangote to embark on series of enlistment of the people tru numerous seminars he started attending to set the people against the govt..only the continues huge cost of offsetting the subsidy incured by he oil marketers was able to change buhari's policy stand..then he believed dangote was in conclusion to increase fuel price stating that it would hurt the ordinary village woman in rural nigieria.....to be continued....i was sitting on ma own jeje reading funny post when you angered me progress..i live, bred,sleep nd read economics...not politic

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Phantom investment sir

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by undefeateds: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2017
progress69:

1. Several governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors
3. Oil marketters were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected distruptions (never in Nigeria have this happenned)
5. Even your all mighty Iweala was singing like a kanery bird how the country was in trouble with the oil price crashing (oil was still above $70/barrel)

This government have tried in bailing out state governments and have been paying federal workers. Oil price went to all time low of $28/barrel. (Below production price)

Cry all u want, sane minds knows that, this government may not have met expectations, but we are greatful the past government never continued rulling. One will wonder what all the oil money garnered for 5 years plus was used for.

Shame!
I can't believe there are still fools DAT are being fooled by this APC govt.but I pray to GOD to wake u up from ur slumber
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by sanpipita(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2017
progress69:

Shame!

This govt has bastardized our economy more, moreover Nigeria wasn't an Eldorado when last govt took over, years of military rules contributed in destroying Nigeria, current President is a big culprit of the previous destruction of Nigeria
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by progress69: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
undefeateds:

I can't believe there are still fools DAT are being fooled by this APC govt.but I pray to GOD to wake u up from ur slumber

This is not about u being a fool or not. Its about common sense without sentiments.....rather than dispute the facts...u chose to be unrully the trade mark of dull youths we have on social media today. Get some common sense first, if u want to engage me. Thanks
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
undefeateds:

......................................................................4. progress,i hope u remember vividly..that the oil marketers that trying to.cheat the govt then that the delayed payment due to them will be paid at the current exchange rate then,which is higher than the rate at which they actually made the importation..fot example..you imported at rate of 160 to a dollar..and govt pays u every three months..now when you have done all your expenses and waiting to be paid three months latr..exchange rate rises to 250..nd then they insisted they must be paid at the rate of 250..that was y govt refused..they colluded went in strike nd shut the country down...now u get the reason progress.......bak to our no4. reason...you said roads contractors were owed..yes they were..cuz the govt of then was embarking on the massive reconstruction of nigeria..almist every geopolitical zine has a huge capital project ongoing...with even the dwindling revenue govt nvr saw a reason to stop capital project..ur now claimed abuja - kaunas railway was constructed, 2nd niger bridge was ongoing...enugu onitsha expressway was ongoing..ore being was contructed..enugu airport was upgraded..alot of capital project was ongoing...the highways of lagos cotoneaster was under construction..hope you know buhari halted all dox ongoing projects nationwide for one year in office b4 redirecting them to only northwest,North East and lagos.........ethnicised president.........................
5. I laff ed when I read about your statement that the almighty Iweala was Cry up and down...do you know that economics as a subject is very sensitive to information..that is why you frequently see her nd saludo nd even mallas sanasi always making public statement of the state of the economy and the nearest future plans b4 it is done...if for instance as a cbn gov.u announced the pursuit for a very strong naira intentions...the market would react..nd people that operate in the foreign exchange will know b4 hand that will time the value of naira will rise nd that of dollar fall.wot tgey do next us in order not to lose the value of thier dollars..they start converting all thier dollar funds to.naira when naira acquisitions is still cheap...that way even.b4 the cbn policy starts the market would react to his intension that way..nd half the job of building a stronger naura would have been done without him even doing anything..hooe you get that...in a similar vein..iweala keeps announcing the rate of the fall of national revenue and letting the citizens know if what uts impending dangers will b...yet assuring then that govt is doing it best...that way..tge people braced up for it...nd den the people understand way many road project will slow in accomplished. then the the apc was flourishing in propaganda of a wasteful and imcompetence govt..remember?...the same Iweala was responsible for the nation's now actualised auto policy..wich has created thousands of jobs..se oversaw..the rice of the agricultural sector even to the applause if the apc...sh created the you win scheme which got thousands of nigerians to be c.e.o's sh generated more genuine jobs than this govt can every think..sh lifted our GDP to no.1 in africa..what do you know about economics progress..stop mixing economics and politics..allow politician to defame them self..dont bring economics issue up for criticism cuz aside obj govt..economicalky GEJ is the best...
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
HeyCorleone:
It seems with every growth or achievement this administration records on paper, the country takes a worse turn in reality..
five years ago, you were a small boy, not using android phone?
But today you called yourself big boy

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by heo88(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
neoOduduwa:

https://www.google.com/amp/punchng.com/investment-inflow-into-nigeria-others-to-hit-75bn-osinbajo/amp/

Ok very interesting report, but Oga Osinbajo et al, would do well to reveal the annual investment outflow(s) for this year. Maybe, just maybe you'll observe a net loss; something which is unsustainable but absent from this report. Hmmmm....

CC. Zehner
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by progress69: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
bigpicture001:
..progress...i understand that you hv a great sympathy for the buhari govt.mayb cuz you were too young during the previous govt, or ur just being political...I read with serious dismay all the rubbish you posted trying to justify a govt that is not very convincing on how dey manage the economy..................................................................1st you stated that during last govt,that the governor's won't pay workers salaries..now I asked since when is there a law that compels FG to mk stare government pay salary?.. hv u not been reading d papers where even buhari appeals to state govt to pay thier workers..but u were quick to blame it on Jonathan..is Jonathan the president now..? why are we hearing stories of stolen instead if using the bailout funds for salary payment by the states....nd for you info..mayb yr not exposed enuf...delayed payment of salaries by state became the order if the day from buhari's govt mur than the last govt.dou for me I won't blame both central govt for these.instead I blame the governor's.......................................
2. you also stated that the fed govt under Jonathan borrowed to pay salaries...nd I ask..what is wrong in that..the country has long been structured for recurrent expenditure on services to surpass the capital expenditure..when you hv a flowing work force nd there is a sudden an early sustainable dive in ur revenue..knowing it usually bounce bak up..would you rather borrow to pay ur workers or owe dem nd mk them suffer prematurely..what d FG did den was to borrow to pay..nd then announced Hw they got the money..to mk the workers get ready for the worse..whildt tgey massively engaged in internal revenue generation drive..thats y your buhari govt met the TSA policy,they also announced an increase in taxes for luxury goods onwers,tax increase for house owners worth more than 300million in the FCT..increased tax on expensive champaign etc..dont tell me u didn't hear about this cuz if you do then ur a born.liar...the difrence btw then and now is that whilst both are strugling to manage a nosediving economy, the former still has the citizens at heart nd go gradually in her austerity measures whilst the latter act like's fools using stupid textbook models as solution nd neglecting it's cost on her citizen....
.3.you mention without thinking about how anything how the oil marketers were owed...if you can remember..then the then govt has critical abt the importation deals coming from these oil marketers,it investigated nd discovered a very famous oil importation scam of the govt.that y d nu govt is paying bak the then minister of petroleum who led dis probe..govt den threatened to halt thier payment nd did..they colluded as the oligopoly that they are and totally shut down the industry.at the same time d govt brokered the u guyz now praise to b the revolution in the oil industry with the dangote group..pkz ma man don't deceive yourself that dangote saw the opportunity nd took it to invest in a regulated fuel maket..u are joking..dangote was actually promised by the last govt to take the risk to invest in refinery that if they win the election,they would surely deregulate the industry for him to compete with govt refinery...do u know that buhari refused this policy when he assumed office nd denied dangote whom has invested over 8billion dollars then access to see him,cuz he believed it's a pdp deal. with dangote..that got dangote to embark on series of enlistment of the people tru numerous seminars he started attending to set the people against the govt..only the continues huge cost of offsetting the subsidy incured by he oil marketers was able to change buhari's policy stand..then he believed dangote was in conclusion to increase fuel price stating that it would hurt the ordinary village woman in rural nigieria.....to be continued....i was sitting on ma own jeje reading funny post when you angered me progress..i live, bred,sleep nd read economics...not politic

Next time quote people in ur class.....i cant make any sense from this garbage...
Do i look like the dull youths that litter the cyberspace this days? Look for ur mate to engage.....ur diction is even too poor, and ur scripts poorly written. This is one of the reasons i hardly comment here again!
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by crimeboss: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
Osinbajo u av lost credibility to political scavengers of buhari's like, we want facts, not media feeds u people use to corner unsuspecting hypnotized supporters who do not know or still believe u can do the impossible.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by progress69: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
vengertime:
continue to decieve yourself like femi Odeshina
Sirheny007:

How much APC pay you?
Talk true.

There is nothing about deceit there...which of what u quoted is a lie....
The gimmicks of hiding under senseless memes all in the name of likes is the trademark of clowns like u, nothing intelligent to offer, just like ur mate i quoted with u. Quote me next time when u have something more sensible to say, then we can have a decent argument.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by AnnyDaniel(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
All na wash.....
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Sirheny007(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
progress69:

Shame!

progress69:

The gimmicks of hiding under senseless memes all in the name of likes is the trademark of clowns like u, nothing intelligent to offer, just like ur mate i quoted with u. Quote me next time when u have something more sensible to say, then we can have a decent argument.

You are an APC apologist.
APC under PMB is the clueless government ever to grace Africa.
Governors still owe state workers.
Corruption hit its zenith
Contractors are still being owed.
How much was the 2017 budget? Any improvement from previous?
As things are now, Investors are scared of Nigeria. So I wonder where VP Osinbajo got his inspirations from.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by deomelo: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
progress69:

Don't worry about these ignorant and unintelligent Igbos, they can not formulate or engage in any sensible, intelligent debate or reasoning beyond their main preoccupation like anti Nigerian sentiments, peddling hatred, bigotry, bitterness and anti social behavior.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
everyone should stop responding to progress..instead direct him to respond to bigpicture001...he seems to brbe running away from facts that challenged him..nd instead picking soft target...the only thing he can see about bigpicture001 post is diction..lets say no this time around to paid propagandist
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
everyone should stop responding to progress..instead direct him to respond to bigpicture001...he seems to brbe running away from facts that challenged him..nd instead picking soft target...the only thing he can see about bigpicture001 post is diction..lets say no this time around to paid propagandist lest we elect another bad leader
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by 7lives: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hunnn
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by 7lives: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
diegwu01:
Nigeria was ranked among the 10 fastest improving economies just last week. after making a huge leap in the ease of Doing business index. I believe the World Bank Stats.

So you don't know that good news don't sell, bad news sells faster.
When Bloomberg was screaming about investors fleeing Nigeria in droves, the NEVER DO WELLS were celebrating.
Now that good report is coming in from the likes of world Bank, they said it's a lie.
That they can't see or feel it doesn't mean it's not happening.
The national reserve is $33 billion right now, I only pray that the reserve should hit the $40 billion mark before the end of next year.
If the happen, dollar should be going for less than three hundred, and the more the reserve, the stronger the Naira.
This is the conventional way of running and economy unlike the previous abracadabraish economic models, which had almost turn this country into a beggar nation.

4 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by undefeateds: 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
bigpicture001:
sir u don't have to waste ur time analyzing all this to this mediocre,no matter wat u say,they ve been enchanted not to see d truth, so let's wait till 2019 election, see who win and who lose
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
Bad investment deals are worse than no investments.
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
investment as how or capital inflow? when we hear investment or capital inflow of $75 billion we now shout hallelujah or what? to me investment in what area of our national economy? what impact or is it investment in the pockets of the politicians. .
osibanjo, osibanjo, I call u 2 times, the common man in the street are hunger. .tell them to pity for us!
www.valentine202.com
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by progress69: 4:13am On Nov 05, 2017
bigpicture001:
everyone should stop responding to progress..instead direct him to respond to bigpicture001...he seems to brbe running away from facts that challenged him..nd instead picking soft target...the only thing he can see about bigpicture001 post is diction..lets say no this time around to paid propagandist

lol..
engaging u is an insult to my intelligence.
running from what exactly? the rubbish analysis with very poor diction...
that thing u are smoking must have been laced with something really terrible.
In ur warped mind u have made so much sense, maybe to ur likes. lol
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
progress69:

lol..
engaging u is an insult to my intelligence.
running from what exactly? the rubbish analysis with very poor diction...
that thing u are smoking must have been laced with something really terrible.
In ur warped mind u have made so much sense, maybe to ur likes. lol
...you know nxt to nothing..i repeat..you know nxt to nothing in economics..y not go to the entertainment sector and gist about omotola,genevieve nd their likes...you are a paid propagandist...period..!. as for thinking your too high classed..y not father any particular finding mr professor....nonsense kid with a laptop..
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by progress69: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
bigpicture001:
...you know nxt to nothing..i repeat..you know nxt to nothing in economics..y not go to the entertainment sector and gist about omotola,genevieve nd their likes...you are a paid propagandist...period..!. as for thinking your too high classed..y not father any particular finding mr professor....nonsense kid with a laptop..

Lol..
Which day u start to dey politics.
All this small pikin sef
Na NL cause am sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gallant Soldeir Excited As They Kill A Big Eagle bird In Sabisa Forest / See What Ize-Iyamu Posted On Social Media After Obaseki Was Declared Winner / Atala Marginal Field: Allegations Against Dickson False – Bayelsa West Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.