Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. (587 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / No Going Back On Election Boycott — IPOB / Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Levinelsonbob(m): 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
This is not about IPOB or a south eastern agenda. This is going to stand as a political precedence which will go a long way to bringing our politicians to their lost senses.

The present APC led government clinched power on the promise of corruption fight. But today it is no longer ambiguous that all they needed was the people's mandate to continue from where PDP stopped.

The only inference I have been able to draw from the Nigerian political scene is that there are but two tribes in our Nation. The political tribe and the common masses. While the political tribe continue to amass stupendous wealth, the common masses continue in penury. The political citizens irrespective of the party name they bear are birds of the same feathers. APC employed the propaganda machine to muscle power from PDP by all means with the promise of fighting corruption but all we have on the cards today is the sounds of trillions being spent on ghost projects; hounding of enemies; reinstatement of dismissed corrupt public office holders; budget padding; protection of allies. If Maina could escape the shores of this country with all the security details at disposal of the president, then we have more food for thought than for the stomach; disobedience to the rule of law and so on and so forth.

The present crop of politicians in Nigeria function as a cult with an interest of the brotherhood fraternity. There is no room for you, if you have not belonged to the cult. And you can not act in your own interest but that of the brotherhood irrespective of the party u belonged. All the occupants of APC government today are the same PDP failures.

We the masses/electorates have seen it all that it is no longer the name of the party that matters but that the politicians of different parties are the same. Hence it becomes our prerogative to let them know that power belong to the people and not to the politicians. Any time we come out to vote, we come out to lend credence to their evil manipulations. If the people can stand up to say enough is enough by completely boycotting subsequent elections henceforth, starting from Anambra elections. A political precedence will set in which must address this issue and put our politicians on their toes to correct the anomaly. A revolution is not a bad idea either

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Cyynthialove(f): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by BornAgainMay: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
b
Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by rafindo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
Sometimes I wonder the type of education that we have as a people. The constitution state clearly what will happen if election does not hold.please try and boycott the election all we need for a winner to emerge is victory in 14 LGA of the state is needed by the highest rigger.boycotting election in Nigeria is a dream dead before waking

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
The answer is not any silly boycott

Stop this misinformation

The answer is to go and vote the correct candidates

If you don’t like Obiano then vote chidoka

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Unik3030: 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
if u like boycott election n even everything till thy kingdom comes, all I know is that election will hold n a winner must emerge simply because the aspirants must have relatives and well wishers who will come out to vote against all odds. all I see here is an advantage for apc to rig using federal might n install another okorocha in anambra state n that will surely frustrate all ipob agenda in anambra because the new apc governor must satisfy his paymasters. so who is d looser? is it d fg or d igbos?
Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by gidgiddy: 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
I resent this thread!

Trying to use election boycott initiated by IPOB to try and change Nigeria?

Biafran agitators have paid in blood and tears in their quest to get people to disbelieve in Nigeria and boycott elections in Nigeria

And someone is talking about election boycott to make Nigeria better?

So you ridicule Kanu for calling for boycott to help his Biafran agenda but steal the same idea to actualise your Nigerian dream?

Very laughable

4 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by eagleeye2: 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
Initially I didn't support this election boycott of a thing. But then, whether the masses vote or not, things are not likely to change. So let these guys boycott the elections and let the political class struggle among themselves for who will win.
Maybe, just maybe, things might change. I will even be happy if a Party like APC.... wins in Anambra so that Enugu, Ebonyi, and Abia political class may know that their people's interest really matter.
It's just shameful that the Nigerian Army will lay siege in Igbo land and non of the leaders will ask questions.

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by eagleeye2: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
Unik3030:
if u like boycott election n even everything till thy kingdom comes, all I know is that election will hold n a winner must emerge simply because the aspirants must have relatives and well wishers who will come out to vote against all odds. all I see here is an advantage for apc to rig using federal might n install another okorocha in anambra state n that will surely frustrate all ipob agenda in anambra because the new apc governor must satisfy his paymasters. so who is d looser? is it d fg or d igbos?
Believe me APC... Winning the Anambra tuber polls will be a wake call to Igbo political class, to start thinking more about their people's interest.
Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by TimFisher: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
cry
let me say this on record
it is very laughable when i read people's comment on election boycott stating that it does not change anything

Now listen to me and take it into ur skull...election boycott will have major impact if possible grave consequences if there is no election, because the electoral acts states that u need two-third majority of accredited vote cast to win any political office

When that happens?there won't be a declared winner,which means that all the candidates will start going to court(case upon cases..i pity the election tribunals,they will be having a field day because it is going to be an infinite case,and upcoming cases of election boycott to be heard..which means some politicians will start losing interest)...what is the negative impact?the negative impact is that there is no winner and government activity will be affected or crippled.

Whereby there is no winner...the FG might use measures to appoint someone that will take over...which i know might not be feasible.and even if it works,it won't stay for a very long time coz the constitution did not demand such person to be in charge for a long period of time....such actions will still affect the smooth running of government in the affected states or federation

Now what is the end point?

the end point is that Nigeria will be exposed to the world that there was an election boycott by majority of people or some section of the country, which will be a point of debate by the congress of the United Nations why there was disenfranchisement or voters apathy of eligible voters

What will the UN Assembly be looking at or the matter of urgent discuss?

what is the remote cause of election boycott?what do the want?has that thing they have been protecting all they years working?how can it be solve?let's look for a solution that will be feasible to all and sundry so that there won't be any breakdown of law and order,Loss of human life as enshrined in the UN human right Charter.Chaos and Anarchy and to stop any Inevitable war or any political turmoil

And after series of discussion....you and I knows what is next?

To my humble conclusion i think IPOB is winning the war.

God bless us all.Amen.
Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Levinelsonbob(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
krendo:
The answer is not any silly boycott

Stop this misinformation

The answer is to go and vote the correct candidates

If you don’t like Obiano then vote chidoka
Whether you vote Obiano or Chidoka. Ur vote does not count. All you are ignorantly doing is lending credence to the greedy manipulations that will bring their anointed candidate to power. We have done all that in the past to no avail.
If you can recall how Dr Chris Ngige came to power, you will realise that you are only fooling yourself by going to cue under the devastating heat of the sun to lend credence to an already concluded outcome that wouldn't stand if your presence were not at the pooling units that day.
Remember that Ngige, was never popular even during the campaigns but he was declared winner and had to succeed for good 3years until it was obvious that he no longer dances to the tune of his masters which included the then president, Obasanjo. For the same mandate declared by inec, and supported by the high courts whilst the boy remained a puppet to his masters was only to be annulled by the supreme court as the relationship between the puppet and masters went sour. You do not keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Anambra Election Boycott. by Levinelsonbob(m): 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
rafindo:
Sometimes I wonder the type of education that we have as a people. The constitution state clearly what will happen if election does not hold.please try and boycott the election all we need for a winner to emerge is victory in 14 LGA of the state is needed by the highest rigger.boycotting election in Nigeria is a dream dead before waking
It takes sacrifice to change a status quo. When Martin Luther King forth for the rights of the black in America, he already knew that it might cost his head which he was willing to give for the people's freedom. It is brevity to pay the price for the good order of things than to remain in perpetual bondage. If Martin Luther had considered his safety first, America may have remained uncivilised till date. However, even those that fought against his move and eventually killed him, do today uphold him in high esteem and regard him as a hero. Jesus Christ also gave His life to redeem humanity from the bandage of Satan. Therefore all I know about redemption is that it takes a costly sacrifice and only the brave takes the gauntlet

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State 2017 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION Who Will Win? #guilddiscuss / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Ogun Youth Awards Calls For Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.