Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons (10809 Views)

Toyota Camry Not Revving/raising When Accelerate On Park. / Corolla 09 Rpm High On Park / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by Kizyte(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2017
Kendroid:

Then when u give them a car, u then watch them speed you to death abi??

Issoryte, juz kontinu
OK
Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by RZArecta(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
exlinkleads:

Why are you like this? And what do you understand by plagiarism? If you read the article well, you will see that I mentioned the first writer and also gave credit to Nairaland before organizing and showering my thought.

That cannot be construed as plagiarism anymore.

Can't you see that nobody like your post or even replied you cuz you don't know what you are talking about.

Na wa oooo
you're trying to be clever by half, it's allowed sha. This is plagiarism whether you like/accept it or not. Modifications doesn't change shít, you know it and I know it. Besides do you think I'm like your type that feeds off nairaland "likes" ? Stay your lane and enjoy your five minutes of fame cool
Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by Wayne4uall(m): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
nony43:
Instructor, can we use the hand when the car fails brake? If no what can we do in a manual or automatic transition. Thank you

In this case, change your gear to 1 for manual or put your gear to d1 for automatic it will reduced the cAr speed and it will stop after some distance grin
Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by Wayne4uall(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
Kizyte:
Drag your lever to 'P' It saved my life when I gave my car to my learner friend, thank God I was sitting right beside him in front. He forgot the brake as we approach a barricade on high speed. I would've been a dead man by now if I didn't think fast. I immediately pulled the gear to 'P' I could hear the screeching sound from the tires.
Changing the gear to park while on motion hope it won't affect the gear box
Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by saydfact(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
@op

thanks for the info - just yesterday i was wondering while its so difficult to change transmission when parked on a hilly ground and the person with me said i'll spoil my gear for not using my handbrake.

Now i know better..
Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by Kizyte(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
Wayne4uall:

Changing the gear to park while on motion hope it won't affect the gear box
I don't think so, more so, your life is far more expensive than a gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons by pikapizy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
My car doesn’t have handbrake even the foot alternative was uncabled even before the car was shipped into Nigeria .. I’ve never used handbrakes in my life I feel it’s a waste of space .. they should fix it somewhere else

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diy: Immobiliser Delete On Bosch Motronic Me 7.5 Ecu (audi A4 B5 Facelift) / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / General Motors Takes A Swipe At Tesla In New Cadillac's Super Cruise Commercial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.