Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,216 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment (680 Views)

Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court / Nigeria Police Release Statement On Appointment Of Mba As New PRO By New IGP / I thought I was 74 But Was Told I’m 75 - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by kahal29: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
So we now know. President Muhammadu Buhari has favoured the south above the north in his 157 appointments since he was sworn in on May 29, 2015. He has appointed 82 southerners and 75 northerners.

Who would have believed that?

To make matters worse, or is it better, he has appointed more people from the SOUTH EAST the bastion of opposition to his government, than the north-central. Even more than the south-south, where the oil is. Now you cannot make that up.

According to the list of appointees (including those appointed by former president Goodluck Jonathan and retained by Buhari) released on Saturday night by Femi Adesina, the presidential spokesman, Buhari has appointed 22 south-easterners, a zone where he did not win a single state in 2015, and just 19 from the north-central, where he won five of the six states.

What else? The south-west actually took the lion’s share with 40 appointees. Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo comes from that geopolitical zone, just you know. And Ogun state has the highest number of appointees — 21. That’s more than 50% of south-west appointees. Again, Osinbajo is from Ogun state.

Osinbajo’s accusers must be sharpening their knives now, after the furore generated by what he did, or was accused of doing, as acting president in the absence of Buhari. But that would not be fair. After all, Buhari’s right-hand man, Ibikunle Amosun, is the governor of Ogun state and he gets virtually all his nominees appointed by Buhari. Now you know.

But is Maryam Uwais, the special adviser on social investment who works in the office of the vice-president, actually from the north-central as stated in the list? Except she has done change of state, TheCable can confirm that she is from Kano state, which is in the north-west (barring any last-minute changes).

Even her husband, Mohammed Uwais, former chief justice of Nigeria, is from Kaduna state — at least in his official documents. There is no re-enactment of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala here, who though is from Delta state, was nominated in 2003 as minister from Abia state where her husband comes from. No, both Maryam and Mohammed are from the north-west. Error number 1.

Another error: Mohammed Babandede, the immigration boss, is from the north-west (Jigawa) and not north-central, as listed.

Then there is error number 3 as a result — the north-west has 32 not 30. That leaves the north-central with 19, not 21. With 19, north-central has the lowest. We at TheCable are generously assuming that there is no other misalignment of names and zones.

We almost missed something though. The north-west is where the president comes from — so 32 appointees is not bad. That is next only to the south-west. Katsina’s 14 appointees are not that little too; it’s the president’s home state. Only Ogun’s 21, Kano’s 16 and Imo’s 15 are better. Adjusted, Kano’s figure rises to 16 to accommodate Uwais. We still don’t know the north-central states allocated to Uwais and Babandede so that we can adjust accordingly.

The list also has numbering errors. It gives the impression that there are 159 names. Those who love to do arithmetic might have been at a loss as the numbers did not tally. All additions ended up at 157, no matter your mathematical skill.

Some might have wished Chike Obi, eminent professor of mathematics, were alive to help them sort out the confusion. No, there was no need to invoke Obi’s genius. Two serial numbers were marginalised — No. 118 and No. 151. They are missing in action. So it is a list of 157, not 159, appointees.

However, arguments could now shift to headship of “grade A” or “juicy” ministries, agencies and departments with big budgets and patronage which some commentators allege favour the north. Now we have no way of figuring that out. And it’s a difficult argument to pursue.

Presidency released the list in reaction to the allegations of lopsidedness, with a report suggesting 89 out of 100 appointees are from the north. Not true, as statistics have shown.

But why did it take Buhari so long to release the list?

https://www.thecable.ng/analysis-south-82-north-75-buhari-finally-provides-answers-appointments

1 Like

Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by sarrki(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
Enemies of state will soon shift their goal post
Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by kitaatita: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
Buhari has opened himself and his administration for scrutiny and debate. I hope he extends the discussion to infrastructure aspect by releasing number of projects and budgetary performances

1 Like

Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by Saintsquare(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
let me spread my mat here
Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by Luckylife(m): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
APC is known to be a party of propaganda, lies and 97/5 % party . Only the wise Nigerians that are not programmed to be zombies will notice that top appointees of the North while southerners that are not recognized post are added to fill the gap or to make the list look balance . All those BMC that shamelessly knows the facts but are been influence by earthly money given to them to deceive the gullible will be restless till they publicly beg the citizens about the injustice and propaganda .
Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by bakynes(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
The issue now is about how key is the appointment the South got, the SW deserved it anyway but I think the SE should be contempt with what they got. They didn't vote the man so they shouldn't expect to hold key positions.

The President was wrong to have mentioned the 97%/5% but the truth is that even in developed countries,you prioritize the people that voted for you over the people who didn't vote for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by kahal29: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
Luckylife:
APC is known to be a party of propaganda, lies and 97/5 % party . Only the wise Nigerians that are not programmed to be zombies will notice that top appointees of the North while southerners that are not recognized post are added to fill the gap or to make the list look balance . All those BMC that shamelessly knows the facts but are been influence by earthly money given to them to deceive the gullible will be restless till they publicly beg the citizens about the injustice and propaganda .

Counter with facts and stop making blanket statements. They have come up with their own statistics pls don't be lazy. Go and bring your own.

2 Likes

Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by Luckylife(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:
Enemies of state will soon shift their goal post

Nigerians can only pray for your soul to stand on truth and Justice introspective of who is your god . If this Buhari /APC government are doing what all those that voted for them expected may you not suffer but if revise is the case ,you deserve the other . A wise and sane boy will stand on truth not on mare human that can die one day . In real fact you hate Buhari for telling him to ride on when he is making mistakes as human which may lead him to his doom.
Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by AskProf: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
bakynes:
The issue now is about how key is the appointment the South got, the SW deserved it anyway but I think the SE should be contempt with what they got. They didn't vote the man so they shouldn't expect to hold key positions.

The President was wrong to have mentioned the 97%/5% but the truth is that even in developed countries,you prioritize the people that voted for you over the people who didn't vote for you.

Tufiakwa! I hate misinformation with a passion
Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by LUGBE: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
Bunch of confused things, you can imagine this propaganda and lies analysis.

These illiterates are taken us for granted, i taught i should see names and portfolio.

I don't know reason behind the defence because this man called buhari has said his appointments and treatment should be 97% and 5%. He has also been abiding by it so for me no biggy.

1 Like

Re: ANALYSIS: South 82 North 75 — Buhari Finally Provides The Answers On Appointment by EazyMoh(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
I blame all the media aides of the president for not challenging the earlier alleged lopsided appointments timely loudly and decisively.
If it were I I'd even sue that newspaper that claimed 89/100 mischief, at least court must force to publish a rebuttal.

(1) (Reply)

PMB Appointments Presidency List Inaccurate, Names Omitted, Wrongly Described / Lagos Threatens To Clamp Down On Tax Defaulters / PDP Convention: Youths Declare For Emmanuel Greenstone For DNYL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.