Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1320149 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HeWrites(m): 11:12pm On May 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Many people make that mistake, hence my posting samples.

That small one would pump your tyre from 13 psi to 32 psi, in about 50 mins........

Hi bro,

Please why is the time in UK the same with Nigerian time presently

Because, in January when I checked the time, Nigeria is an hour ahead of UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:22pm On May 09, 2018
HeWrites:

Hi bro,

Please why is the time in UK the same with Nigerian time presently

Because, in January when I checked the time, Nigeria is an hour ahead of UK.

Summer vs winter time..... In summer, the clock goes forward one hour, while in the winter, it goes back one hour....

BST vs GMT.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HeWrites(m): 11:25pm On May 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Summer vs winter time..... In summer, the clock goes forward one hour, while in the winter, it goes back one hour....

BST vs GMT.......

Oh, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2018
Hello fam,

I'm looking to apply for a new driver's license. From my research so far, I'm to apply for a Provisional DL before heading to a driving school.

My question is, after getting the Provisional DL, is there like a set time frame I'm to take the test or can I do that when I feel adequately prepared?

I hear training and test fee nor be here. I can afford them but I don't intend doing it twice.

Also, what app are you people talking about? Abeg make Una let me know make I go download am begin prepare.

Cc: Fatima04, Lexusgs430, Mamatukwas, Imnotconfused
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:09pm On May 11, 2018
Inkredible:
Hello fam,

I'm looking to apply for a new driver's license. From my research so far, I'm to apply for a Provisional DL before heading to a driving school.

My question is, after getting the Provisional DL, is there like a set time frame I'm to take the test or can I do that when I feel adequately prepared?

I hear training and test fee nor be here. I can afford them but I don't intend doing it twice.

Also, what app are you people talking about? Abeg make Una let me know make I go download am begin prepare.

Cc: Fatima04, Lexusgs430, Mamatukwas, Imnotconfused

Boss de boss, u want to fire am. grin grin. The provisional license is for 10yrs so u can wait as long as you can. The theory test is 23 pounds and research shows a lot of pple ace this the first time dough it's quite tricky cos of d hazard perception part.

The training fee is the major one, you may need to practise as much as you can and most do charge between 15 to 20 quid per hr.

The practical is 62 pounds so u can budget doing this 3ce to be on the safe side sha.

The app is theory 4 in 1 cost 5pounds. And it's very good for acing the theory part. See d pix

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 8:32pm On May 11, 2018
The information on this thread is super awesome! Good job guys cool

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2018
fatima04:

Boss de boss, u want to fire am. grin grin. The provisional license is for 10yrs so u can wait as long as you can. The theory test is 23 pounds and research shows a lot of pple ace this the first time dough it's quite tricky cos of d hazard perception part.

The training fee is the major one, you may need to practise as much as you can and most do charge between 15 to 20 quid per hr.

The practical is 62 pounds so u can budget doing this 3ce to be on the safe side sha.

The app is theory 4 in 1 cost 5pounds. And it's very good for acing the theory part. See d pix

Lols, na small small o.

That's the information I needed. Thanks alot.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:41pm On May 11, 2018
EngrSaks:
The information on this thread is super awesome! Good job guys cool

Come quickly to add ur own experience

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:07am On May 12, 2018
Inkredible:

Lols, na small small o.

That's the information I needed. Thanks alot.

Good luck with test prep!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2018
fatima04:

Come quickly to add ur own experience

Yes oh, see you guys before the year ends, God willing
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MrBigiman: 11:11am On May 12, 2018
fatima04:

After d PLAB exam, u can start ur GMC registration while in d UK but still need to wait for d result and some documentation from Nigeria and you won't just be able to practise in d UK straight away even when u pass d PLAB 2.

You can't also switch to a tier 2 visa from visitors while in d UK, so you still have to go back.

You can start a residency programme in d UK once u r settled in, I advise one step a time.

Come for PLAB, Start ur GMC registration look for an approved sponsor and follow all d steps in procuring a visa.

Congrats. I will be visiting London for a month. How much would I need to survive a full month there. Any tips to make feeding cheaper?, can I chyke any babe I see without being arrested?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2018
See how I missed drama.. Please can you restore the chat lemme read it and you can delete it again, Egbon. grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by salford1: 4:21pm On May 12, 2018
Inkredible:
See how I missed drama.. Please can you restore the chat lemme read it and you can delete it again, Egbon. grin
There was no drama. Just some posters with very perverted opinions/views of ladies in the UK lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2018
salford1:

There was no drama. Just some posters with very perverted opinions/views of ladies in the UK lol

Wow!! Must have been really bad to afford it been striped off.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kuru: 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
Hello People,

I need to find out if it is possible to enroll my 6 year old son in primary school after the session has started in the UK, Scotland precisely. Im planning to do my MBA so ill be on a Tier4 visa initially, however i intend to come with my family and hustle for a job after completing my MBA and I do not want my son to be idle while all of this is happening. I no its though but I have 8years experience with a multinational company as well as a UK masters.
I would also appreciate honest and candid feed back on my prospects. THANKS
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 12, 2018
Please what was the reply...all these moderators ....No.1 thing you should know about UK is sarcasm...Please what was deleted
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:28pm On May 13, 2018
kuru:
Hello People,

I need to find out if it is possible to enroll my 6 year old son in primary school after the session has started in the UK, Scotland precisely. Im planning to do my MBA so ill be on a Tier4 visa initially, however i intend to come with my family and hustle for a job after completing my MBA and I do not want my son to be idle while all of this is happening. I no its though but I have 8years experience with a multinational company as well as a UK masters.

Hi. From my recent understanding of the educational system in Scotland it will be difficult to enroll him in a school after the session has started. Nursery classes area bit easier but registration and placements for primary in most counties are concluded by the January preceding the session. To be double sure, if you know the county authority for the area where you will be in school, call them and say you will be coming with a school aged boy mid-session and see if they can accommodate him. Asking is free smiley And you'll also have gotten 1st hand info. All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ukprospect: 4:06pm On May 16, 2018
Whao! Quite an informative thread. Can't believe I read the whole 23 pages and also jotted down notes like someone reading a bulky handout for incourse exam. Well I must confess I have really learnt a lot from this thread. Thanks to fatima04 for creating this topic and for all who have contributed ( justwise, incredible,mamatukwas,Geerix,suntelk) etc kudos to you. Permit me all to learn more from your wealth of experience by asking my queries concerning this obodo UK journey as am already enroute and will need your direction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 10:25pm On May 16, 2018
kuru:
Hello People,

I really don't know much but talking from my experience, it may be possible. My son is 7 years old. He just started school 4 weeks ago (year 2). We recently relocated from Nigeria. We are in London though, it may be different in Scotland

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:00am On May 17, 2018
MrBigiman:

Congrats. I will be visiting London for a month. How much would I need to survive a full month there. Any tips to make feeding cheaper?, can I chyke any babe I see without being arrested?

Thanks
Lemme answer you. It is considered rude here to walk up to a girl on the street and start "chyking" grin You might get lucky though, but don't get your hopes up wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 17, 2018
UKmigrant:
Lemme answer you. It is considered rude here to walk up to a girl on the street and start "chyking" grin You might get lucky though, but don't get your hopes up wink

Actually, it is not rude. But people here are very reserved and culturally built that way. Other nationals are not really like that. That said, people come out of their shell, if you are very beautiful/ handsome/ smell remarkably nice. A few times i dressed to kill while in London occasionally people said hi to me and complimented me! An australian once chatted with me on the train eventhough she was with her mates.

Sometimes, i have wrongfully thought if i met Nigerians they would warm up, but in my experience, when i hear Nigerian accent and i approach, they've been very cold, so i decided to stop greeting Nigerians when i hear them talking.

You might be lucky if you go clubbing, but go with a wingman, else one guy will come and block any girl you're chyking and make you llok like a nice Mug/ or the girls will just pie you...except of course if you are as hot as Prince or other minority blokes.

People here are very superficial!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:27pm On May 17, 2018
I don't even want to talk about girls matter.

Story for another day.

If half these oyibo girls were Black, they'll be uglier than Shrek. Na this their colour and hair dey help their matter (pure English girls o).

You can't see big yansh and big breast anyhow like in Lagos. Somebody cannor feed eyes anymore because we come UK. Shior sad angry

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Safiaa(f): 8:41pm On May 17, 2018
Inkredible:

Story for another day.

If half these oyibo girls were Black, they'll be uglier than Shrek. Na this their colour and hair dey help their matter (pure English girls o).

You can't see big yansh and big breast anyhow like in Lagos. Somebody cannor feed eyes anymore because we come UK. Shior sad angry
You’re in the wrong area grin I can guarantee you’re not in London.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 17, 2018
Inkredible:

Story for another day.

Men, African women are so beautiful! I miss my African women, even a lepa African woman beats Oyinbo hands down. i dunno why so guys come here and be doing Suuegbe. However, there are like 1-2% fine Oyinbo women sha. But, me, i'll go for my Nigerian women 99%...no racism...its just the shape of African woman na die!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 12:37am On May 18, 2018
Safiaa:

Lols.. me I'm not in London o. Was there for sometime but left.

But wait o. London is filled with different nationalities na. Even interracial kids. So, you'll see people that gather well well.

But in this my location, it's 98% white locals. Dem no plenty wey gather small.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2018
Safiaa:

Lols.. me I'm not in London o. Was there for sometime but left.

But wait o. London is filled with different nationalities na. Even interracial kids. So, you'll see people that gather well well.

But in this my location, it's 98% white locals. Dem no plenty wey gather small.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 12:44am On May 18, 2018
Geetrix:

Men, African women are so beautiful! I miss my African women, even a lepa African woman beats Oyinbo hands down. i dunno why so guys come here and be doing Suuegbe. However, there are like 1-2% fine Oyinbo women sha. But, me, i'll go for my Nigerian women 99%...no racism...its just the shape of African woman na die!

The difference is in the taste. The taste is the difference.

They are not all that bad na.. Oyibo girls have their own special effects.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:16am On May 18, 2018
Even my cousin dey find mixed boy marry...Vain, very vain. I suppose if you're attracted to another race, because of their race, do you really love yourself?!! Love your identity? So, if you don't love yourself, how do you expect some other race to? They'll only be sorry for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.