Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (78824 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
so how many spirits do you possess in the factual sense?
joshnes:
Of course He is ALWAYS in me. The Holy Spirit dwells in me because my body is His temple (1Cor 3:16). My spirit is ALWAYS in agreement with the Holy Spirit, because my spirit is born again, a brand new creature (2Cor 5:17). The Holy Spirit now bears witness with my spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
do you discern the spirit or the message of spirit?
you discern the spirit, a message can sound right but an evil spirit is behind it (Acts 16:16-18). In JWs case, the message and the spirit are not of God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
That is an irrelevant attack for now. How do you discern the spirit?
joshnes:
you discern the spirit, a message can sound right but an evil spirit is behind it (Acts 16:16-18). In JWs case, the message and the spirit are not of God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
so how many spirits do you possess in the factual sense?
I am not spilling facts for you, I am telling you the truth and you better accept and be free. I am a spirit, I have a soul and I live in a body. The Holy Spirit also dwells in me. If there is anything I possess or own it will be a soul and a body. I don't possess the Holy Spirit, in fact I'd rather say He possesses me.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
joshnes:
You cannot convince people who think their Jehovah will slaughter 650 million babies and 8 billion non jws so 8 million jws including rapists, pedophilles, narcissists, psychopath, murderers, thieves etc so they can inherit earth forever.

Loving Jehovah that thinks his/her real life is not here on earth will not listen to you. She cannot be stopped from entering her imaginary paradise earth.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
If you learn by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, what gives you the prerogative to judge or slander others based on their own beliefs? How about accepting that the Holy Spirit as well inspires them to accept what they believe. Or, are you the only one entitled to be inspired by the Holy Spirit?

You people that slander Catholics nobody has ever questioned you guys for it. Saying that there will be gruesome murder of non jws by your God is considered judging too.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
What is fact and who are you saving it for? Be bold to express yourself instead of dodging questions that appear as storms to you. The Holy Spirit possesses you! Can you show me in the Bible where someone gets possessed by the Holy Spirit?
joshnes:
I am not spilling facts for you, I am telling you the truth and you better accept and be free. I am a spirit, I have a soul and I live in a body. The Holy Spirit also dwells in me. If there is anything I possess or own it will be a soul and a body. I don't possess the Holy Spirit, in fact I'd rather say He possesses me.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
What is fact and who are you saving it for? Be bold to express yourself instead of dodging questions that appear as storms to you. The Holy Spirit possesses you! Can you show me in the Bible where someone gets possessed by the Holy Spirit?
what I say are the truth, facts are bound by human knowledge, truth is not bound by anything. Mr lovingJehovah, I used your word possess to help your own understanding. The Holy Spirit dwells, abides, lives, is at home in me. He therefore owns my body or possesses it as His own. Therefore He can deal with anyone or anything that tries to defile it (2Cor 3:16, 17).
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
That is an irrelevant attack for now. How do you discern the spirit?
I know by the witness of the Holy Spirit. He guides me into ALL truth, He bears witness, testimony with my spirit and I can thereby discern an evil spirit. If you don't know, your spirit is the most basic way of hearing from God after His Word.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You cannot convince people who think their Jehovah will slaughter 650 million babies and 8 billion non jws so 8 million jws including rapists, pedophilles, narcissists, psychopath, murderers, thieves etc so they can inherit earth forever.

Loving Jehovah that thinks his/her real life is not here on earth will not listen to you. She cannot be stopped from entering her imaginary paradise earth.
I have said I am not out to convince anybody, but to speak the truth. They must hear truly who they are, and how demonic their teachings are
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
You do not have to recoil. I am human like you. You can easily say, 'I withdraw that statement", "my bad" or "I was wrong on that". It is more manly. I understand every word that you say so you do not need to use puerile slangs to make me understand anything. I will ask for clarification if I need one.
Therefore, do you want to admit that the Holy Spirit has not possessed anyone? Or, do you want to hold on to that? I am pretty sure that you took a lil while to do some quick lookup.
How do the quoted verses below reflect here? They dont.
joshnes:
what I say are the truth, facts are bound by human knowledge, truth is not bound by anything. Mr lovingJehovah, I used your word possess to help your own understanding. The Holy Spirit dwells, abides, lives, is at home in me. He therefore owns my body or possesses it as His own. Therefore He can deal with anyone or anything that tries to defile it (2Cor 3:16, 17).
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
So, the entire role of the Holy Spirit is to help you recognize evil spirits?
Where did you get the concept that our spirit is the most basic way of hearing from God after his word? Can you back that up with the Bible?
joshnes:
I know by the witness of the Holy Spirit. He guides me into ALL truth, He bears witness, testimony with my spirit and I can thereby discern an evil spirit. If you don't know, your spirit is the most basic way of hearing from God after His Word.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You do not have to recoil. I am human like you. You can easily say, 'I withdraw that statement", "my bad" or "I was wrong on that". It is more manly. I understand every word that you say so you do not need to use puerile slangs to make me understand anything. I will ask for clarification if I need one.
Therefore, do you want to admit that the Holy Spirit has not possessed anyone? Or, do you want to hold on to that? I am pretty sure that you took a lil while to do some quick lookup.
How do the quoted verses below reflect here? They dont.
what does it mean to possess? what is a possession?
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
So, the entire role of the Holy Spirit is to help you recognize evil spirits?
Where did you get the concept that our spirit is the most basic way of hearing from God after his word? Can you back that up with the Bible?
your questions sometimes portray you in a terrible light intellectually. Did I ever say that's his only role? That's not His only role. Read John 16:13-14, you will see the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. The Holy Spirit plays this role through our own spirit (Rom 8:16). It is the spirit of a man that communicates with the Holy Spirit. One of the signs of a son of God is the leading by the Spirit of God through your own human spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
You didn't attempt to answer my question. According to the Bible, evil angels are known to possess (hence they manipulate and control) while the Holy Spirit, which is the active force of Jehovah is mentioned to fill or be with.
joshnes:
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
Sorry, I forgot this one. A possession is something owned. For example, the Bible says that God's people are his own possession
joshnes:
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Sorry, I forgot this one. A possession is something owned. For example, the Bible says that God's people are his own possession
okay my spirit man is possessed by the Holy Spirit, my spirit is His house, his dwelling place.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
A knowledgeable and reasonable mind always knows how to tackle the most difficult questions. My questions are simply drawn from what you say. Read your previous comments and judge for yourself. You talk and I question for clarification

joshnes:
your questions sometimes portray you in a terrible light intellectually. Did I ever say that's his only role? That's not His only role. Read John 16:13-14, you will see the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. The Holy Spirit plays this role through our own spirit (Rom 8:16). It is the spirit of a man that communicates with the Holy Spirit. One of the signs of a son of God is the leading by the Spirit of God through your own human spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You didn't attempt to answer my question. According to the Bible, evil angels are known to possess (hence they manipulate and control) while the Holy Spirit, which is the active force of Jehovah is mentioned to fill or be with.
He is also mentioned to dwell in the believer, isn't He?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
How can it be? Spirits can only be possessed by demons. The Holy Spirit is not mentioned to perform in such manner
joshnes:
okay my spirit man is possessed by the Holy Spirit, my spirit is His house, his dwelling place.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
We are not looking for synonyms. Are you insisting that you are possessed (by a spirit)?
joshnes:
He is also mentioned to dwell in the believer, isn't He?
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
A knowledgeable and reasonable mind always knows how to tackle the most difficult questions. My questions are simply drawn from what you say. Read your previous comments and judge for yourself. You talk and I question for clarification

Thats another issue with you guys, you think spiritual things are of knowledge and reason. Nope, that question was out of the blue, because I never said or even suggested that all the Holy Spirit does is to discern spirits.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
How can it be? Spirits can only be possessed by demons. The Holy Spirit is not mentioned to perform in such manner
How can it be? I have told you numerous times, the Holy Spirit dwells in me (1Cor 3:16). That is how it be.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
We are not looking for synonyms. Are you insisting that you are possessed (by a spirit)?
your evasive tactics will not work tonight. Answer this; does the bible mention that the Holy Spirit dwells in man or not? Someone asked you how many Mighty Gods there are today, you didn't answer, you instead asked your own question. Answer my question and the question you're asking, I have answered already. Answer the questions you are asked and stop using subtilty and be straight forward.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Me either! I have to refresh to check for responses. I do not know why. It is a crazy development. Yeah, right! One of the most interesting bullet dodgers weapon wink. I like it when I smile and chuckle at the same time. Ride on! We know the 'T' but we going to pretend as if we went on a hike LOL (excuse me but I don't know why I am giggling). Okay, in all which is your favourite Translation and why? Oh, my God! Do you know what it feels like to murder a man for the same thing that you are guilty of? Tyndale was brutally murdered and publicly declared a heretic. What a way to die! And then, the same group of guys plagiarised and published his work. He did not get the credit for it. Check your Bible if you will see Tyndale as one of the contributors. It was only discovered by scholars years later then the trumpet was sounded. Has there been a public apology since then? Glory be to Jehovah the giver of wisdom and knowledge. And can you believe that those who labelled him a heretic and killed him knew this? Drum roll for the world-class writers of the King James Bible for killing a man and stealing his work. They stole his translation and took out the name, JEHOVAH that William Tyndale (with such massive knowledge and flexible language skill) used in his work. Sadly, they were blinded not to see Psalm 83:18 that says DECLARE THE NAME OF JEHOVAH, FOR HE 'ALONE" IS THE MOST HIGH! A few years later, they EDITED their Bible and removed the name JEHOVAH completely. Have you been able to provide the names of the men behind plagiarising Tyndale's translation? Can you provide the names of the men who EDITED the revised King James Bible and completely removed the name JEHOVAH where it appeared in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and three times in compound place names at Genesis 22:14, Exodus 17:15 and Judges 6:24? Find out how many men were involved in this conspiracy.
Are you keeping up with King James? Did you know that in 2011 King James Bible shamefully restored the name JEHOVAH from there they had replaced it? This was exactly 400 years after devilishly publishing and selling a twisted translation of the word of God. Imagine how many generations of humans that died without knowing the real name of their creator. Let us focus on the millions who died in the first and second world war alone. Are you aware of what 400 years of hidden truth(slavery) can do to the human race? Have you compared it to the same 400 years of the Israelites slavery in Egypt?
Sadly, the same men who replaced the name JEHOVAH in the King James Bible etched the name JEHOVAH in their churches and their private places. But people did not realize. What a sinister act! I will insert some pictures so that you can see some terrible deception that the King James Bible could have exposed if they had copied the truth rather than being complicit in evil. We have been very very open. look no further! What you seek is what you see. That is why I told you that you are on a smear campaign because you are focusing on men and not the written words or beliefs. There is a popular slogan "kill the game not the player". We have nothing to fear or hide. We are very transparent. I do not know about the 4 or 5 men that you are talking about. We have elders an a body overseeing our organisation. We are one body and not made up of 4 or 5 men. If you want details you can get them. Visit our headquarter, it is open. Visit our kingdom halls we are all there. We are all on the streets preaching everywhere in the world. Probably the 4 or 5 men you are referring have knocked at your door or one of them may be doing that this very minute. If you have any verse in the Bible that clearly quotes Jesus saying that he did his own will, I will accept it. We live and learn. But show me the Bible verse and I will read it. The many that I have read Jesus clearly said that he cannot do a single thing of his own will but that of his father. Your King James is a copy of a translation that the Catholic and Anglican Church termed a heretical translation and someone was killed for it. It would be double-crossing to tag Tyndale a heretic while giving King James a meritorious pass. Using that line of argument you will notice that the name rubs off on King James too.
Take note: William Tyndale's Bible was a translation of the Bible from Latin, German and great help from John Wycliffe's translation. The King James Bible is a plagiarized version of William Tyndale's Bible (not Greek scripture), yet you classify it as one of your best Bible translation. You criticize ours with a point that it was not copied from the original Greek. Isn't that fraudulent?
Where did King James get the ORIGINAL Greek scripture in 1611? No one had the original Greek scripture. What we had were copies of the original. You are trying to smear the JW but you are exposing your hypocrisy. Whoever pumped you did not cap the valve. We can go into details and you will clearly see the dirty sides of that Bible that you uphold above others.
King James made some heretic insertion of texts that are missing in the Greek scripture. Do you know how sinful that is? The men who wrote it had no heart or love for God. How could one manipulate a material that has been preserved for thousands of years and meant for public consumption, then 400 years later restore it? It is perjury! Perjury can keep one behind bars up to five years. King James Bible has not enough credibility to stand before the Greek scripture.
What you just said is shocking. Does the death of a child from the US undervalue the death of another in Sudan? Persecution is persecution regardless of where it is. As a Christian what you must do is condemn evil and not compare evil. By your comment, you can abet an attack on someone else and not feel sober. Where is your conscience as a human being and as a Christian?
The Bible never said that it takes more than persecution to be a true Christian. Be careful so that you do not deviate from the word of God. Pay attention to yourself and to your teaching 1 Timothy 4:16.
What Church do you represent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syBakwGF_6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB4ALpOn6Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFqe1T7pJEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrN96LXgA2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl13phvq9JY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFWqJxbcqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD2NB_YxSA

Am serious wen i say i use several versions. The first i revert to is Easy to read version and the message is always intact in fact it amplifies wat is in other reliable versions.

Why do u make it seem like Tyndale was killed for his work to be stolen? The church in England at dat time didn't want tge Bible translated from the Greek and Hebrew versions and so dey used their influence with the government to get him executed.. Dis didn't happen under king james so take note (i av seen the full documentary on TBN before). Wen King James ascended the throne he canceled those evil laws and ordered a 55 man committee to translate the Bible to English language so that everyone could be able to understand it for themselves even those dey alot of Tyndale works were incorporated into it, it was by thorough scrutiny by the 55 man team to preserve the original meaning. It goes to show dat Tyndale did an excellent job even though he didn't finish everything before he was killed . the book was publish and King James who authorized the translation was given the honor. U talked about plagiarism law, at dat time, nothing of such existed. By d way, copyright law only gives the copyrighter the right to his intellectual property for 100yrs and d bible is hundreds of years old already.
Were u trying to sound spiritual wen u said dat God is the giver of knowledge and so he gave ir translators knowledge to translate ur book? Yes God is the giver of knowledge, but den the Bible said we should seek knowledge. I dont know ur secular job but am sure if u are an engineer, u wont enter a theater to carry out an operation. Am sure if u want to av a hair cut, u won't be seeking a tailor. Tyndale was properly schooled in both greek and Hebrew before he could attempt to translate the Bible. If u aren't schooled in mandarins, can u convert from ur local dialet to mandarin?

U said i ought to feel sober, but u said u knew it was persecution and u aren't bothered.. The Muslims are persecuted in America too. Once u a lady put on hijab she is labeled as a terrorist. Black Africans are suffering in Libya does dat make dem the true followers of christ? Its not my joy dat one is not allowed to practice his/her religion freely as it in part of fundamental human right, am just telling you dat it is not enough to make one a true follower of Christ.

U don't believe in the trinity
U don't believe in the resurrection of christ
U don't believe there is hell fire
U don't believe in the rapture

How den do u claim to be a Christian?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2017
You are funny. We began with being possessed by the spirits and now that you see your folly you are trying to digress. Can we focus on one at a time? Keep that one pending let us focus on being possessed by the spirit. You said that you were possessed by the spirit. So I am asking how, when it is mentioned that demons are the spirits possessing. What spirit are you really possessed by? As for the other guy's question, I have taken care of it and you are not the guy to use him as a reference. Use our very own conversation as a reference and stay on it.
joshnes:
your evasive tactics will not work tonight. Answer this; does the bible mention that the Holy Spirit dwells in man or not? Someone asked you how many Mighty Gods there are today, you didn't answer, you instead asked your own question. Answer my question and the question you're asking, I have answered already. Answer the questions you are asked and stop using subtilty and be straight forward.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:36am On Dec 13, 2017
Do we need to purchase a dictionary for you? Dwell and Possess are two different words that are not even synonyms. If you dwell in my house, do you possess my house? Since Abraham dwelled in tents, was that the possession that God gave him?
joshnes:
How can it be? I have told you numerous times, the Holy Spirit dwells in me (1Cor 3:16). That is how it be.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2017
salvation101:
Am serious wen i say i use several versions. The first i revert to is Easy to read version and the message is always intact in fact it amplifies wat is in other reliable versions.
Who certified them reliable?
salvation101:

Why do u make it seem like Tyndale was killed for his work to be stolen?
The Bible says that an evil person will not sleep until he commits evil Proverbs 4:16. What else would you call it if not an egregious crime? Blaspheming against someone, calling him a heretic, and disgracefully Killing him while years later you publish the same thing that you killed that man for. What breed of evil is that? Aren't you complicit trying to defend them? Are you seeing the stain of innocent blood in your (best) Bible?
salvation101:
The church of England at dat time didn't want the Bible translated from the Greek and Hebrew versions and so dey used their influence with the government to get him executed..
You see! These are facts that you need to seek. Do some findings! Who was the Church of England and who was the government? Tell me! The Bible says do unto others as you, in turn, desire to receive. Saying that the Church of England did not want the Bible translated from Greek or Hebrew is an emphatic lie. Do not lie to conceal bloodguilt. In the 1500's The Bible was already in Latin, Egyptian Language, German, English(John Wycliffe) even before William Tyndale. None of these people were reading the Bible in Greek or Hebrew at that time. People were reading and translating from Latin. And why would they not want God's word to be translated into English when the masses spoke English and not Latin, Hebrew or Greek? Don't you smell the devil's rat? They all wanted control. They knew people would find out the truth and break free. They wanted to spoon-feed people with heresy by using tormentuous hellfire as a leverage to instil fear in the hearts of the masses.
salvation101:
Dis didn't happen under king james so take note (i av seen the full documentary on TBN before).
Ludicrous! Do not try to be complicit. The Church never changed. And it is never right to steal someone else's work. He could have simply reprinted more copies of Tyndale's work rather than stealing and rebranding?
salvation101:
When we say Wen King James ascended the throne he canceled those evil laws and ordered a 55 man committee to translate the Bible to English language so that everyone could be able to understand it for themselves
No, that is a hoax. Was he translating what has already been translated? It cannot be translation. If you look intently they call it King James VERSION, not "Translation". If he did any translation works it would have been King James Translation. Give credit to whom it is due, Tyndale. You yourself wrote about his multiple language skills. How credible were the 55 man committee that they could not see the name JEHOVAH in some verses after replacing the name about 7000 times in other verses? What were their qualifications? Plagiarism is a crime and no one involved in such act should get any credit at all. If Tyndale were not killed, and in our soceity today, he would sue King James and the court would squash all the King James Bibles with a heavy fine imposed on King James or even jail time. He got away because he was the king. A thief of a heretical work (that is what the Catholics and Orthodox would have called him back in the days) by the standard of the Church.
salvation101:
even those dey alot of Tyndale works were incorporated into it, it was by thorough scrutiny by the 55 man team to preserve the original meaning.
Hahaha. You are comical. Scrutiny, my foot! King James gave them simple instructions and they coud not follow. The were just copying everything and looking for the name JEHOVAH to replace. Please, join scholars who have been scrutinizing the heretic 1 John 5:7 that they inserted in the KJV. Those men were unskilled enough to scrutinize from the Greek and Hebrew scriptures to know that the name of God is not LORD but Jehovah. At least, they should have used the Tetragrammaton, YHWH. The funny thing is that they themselves scrutinized their own Bible afterwards and completely removed the name JEHOVAH that they left out initially. After 400 years, they scrutinized themselves again to restore the name JEHOVAH almost 7000 times. Much ado about scrutiny. Am exhausted LOL.
salvation101:
It goes to show dat Tyndale did an excellent job even though he didn't finish everything before he was killed.
They just love to reinforce that statment to gain paramount credit for themselves. "He didn't complete the Bible". I will scale over that issue for now.
salvation101:
the book was publish and King James who authorized the translation was given the honor.
The mission was accomplished not that the book was publish. If you squint you will know what I am talkign about.
salvation101:
U talked about plagiarism law, at dat time, nothing of such existed.
As humans, we all have our consciences trolling us. We know when we are stealing, with or without a law. We are talking about a King that had sovereign power over a people. Even if there were laws, he would have killed to have his way. A thief is a thief no matter how the law is construed.
salvation101:
By d way, copyright law only gives the copyrighter the right to his intellectual property for 100yrs and d bible is hundreds of years old already.
Amazing! I love the law. Tyndale's work was published 1536 and King James plagiarised in 1611. That is 75 years, so will you accept that someone broke the copyright law? LOL
salvation101:
Were u trying to sound spiritual wen u said that God is the giver of knowledge and so he gave ir translators knowledge to translate ur book?
What is your obsession with these men? LOL. We have the Hebrew and Greek copies online. We will dig up and you will show me where King James Bible got 1 John 5:7. Are you even bothered about that? You should be more worried that there is dead rat smelling in your own house than another man's. The Bible that you have in your hand right now has some heretic texts inserted into it and that doesn't feel heavy to you?
salvation101:
Yes God is the giver of knowledge, but den the Bible said we should seek knowledge. I dont know ur secular job but am sure if u are an engineer, u wont enter a theater to carry out an operation.
I do not think that an engineer discovered Microsoft. David was a herdsman but he defeated Goliath. 2 Corinthians 4:7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us.
Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children.
Those people you revere and uphold have published a Bible that they have EDITED so many times yet you view them as intellectual and wise ones. They have failed and left in your hand an insertion of a disgusting and heretical text in 1 John 5:7. You defiantly defend them. These men plagiarised from a brutally murdered innocent man that they name a heretic, yet you defend them. Who will avenge the blood of William Tyndale? JEHOVAH! You uphold people who denied the people of God the privilege to hear and read his word in the very language that they understand. Yet, you want to condemn men who make their effort just like Tyndale to preserve the word of God.
Jehovah witnesses were slandered and ridiculed for restoring the name JEHOVAH in the Bible. We were called all sort of names. But people failed to see that the very celestial King James Bible also contains the name JEHOVAH. They failed to announce that JEHOVAH is a name crested in their churches? They failed to announce that King James who deleted the name JEHOVAH from the Bible in the 1600's engraved the name in his coin. They failed to announce to the world that the celestial King James version has also restored the name JEHOVAH in the King James Bible in 2011. They rather look for other reasons to malign us. Open your eyes and see!
salvation101:
Am sure if u want to av a hair cut, u won't be seeking a tailor.
What were the qualifications of the men who plagiarised Tyndale's property?
salvation101:
Tyndale was properly schooled in both greek and Hebrew before he could attempt to translate the Bible. If u aren't schooled in mandarins, can u convert from ur local dialet to mandarin?
The Yoruba Bible was published by a white man and you accepted it. The Igbo Bible was published by a white man and that is acceptable. Even the pidgin language dictionary was published by Oyibo man and you never cringed. But you are so obsessed with the JW and seeking ways to defame us. It is well documented that the Pharisees were seeking ways to kill Jesus. I have presented you a solid fact. When you admit, I will know that you are not biased. Doesn't 1 John 5:7 itch you in the palm anytime you lift the KJV?
salvation101:
U said i ought to feel sober, but u said u knew it was persecution and u aren't bothered..
We are not because we anticipate it anytime. Jesus has told us already. We do not expect pity from you or anyone. Jehovah has been protecting and guiding us through all the attacks and persecution. Did you know that you are only one, and there are millions of you out there attacking the JW?
salvation101:
The Muslims are persecuted in America too. Once u a lady put on hijab she is labeled as a terrorist. Black Africans are suffering in Libya does dat make dem the true followers of christ?
You have a right to choose your belief but Matthew 10:22 says that we will be persecuted ON ACCOUNT OF HIS NAME. We abide by the law, but why the opposition? For example, we have our own Bible. We do not sell it to you or are you obliged to own one. Yet, you cannot sleep. The one that you have, you did not check to see the rottenness inside of it. Jesus advised you to remove the rafter from your own eyes first.
salvation101:
Its not my joy dat one is not allowed to practice his/her religion freely as it in part of fundamental human right, am just telling you dat it is not enough to make one a true follower of Christ.
I hear you.
salvation101:

U don't believe in the trinity
Positive! It is Hellenistic doctrine and it was incorporated into Christianity by a Pagan, Constantine in 325 CE. About 200 years after the death of the last apostle of Christ.
salvation101:

U don't believe in the resurrection of christ
False. We believe that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:4.
salvation101:

U don't believe there is hell fire
There is no word like HELLFIRE in the Holy Scriptures. Can you show me?
salvation101:
U don't believe in the rapture
There is no word like "RAPTURE" mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. Please, show me
salvation101:

How den do u claim to be a Christian?
Jesus set it straight in John 13:35 that true Christians will have love among themselves. We do not go to war and we are one united brotherhood.
During the war Catholics in Russia killed Catholics in France. During the tribal clashes in Delta state, Redeem members from Ijaw killed Redeem members from Itsekiri. During the Nigerian civil war, Christians from Nigeria killed Christians from Biafra. If there happens to be another war in Nigeria, the man who sat beside you during the last Sunday's service might kill you and count it as a blessing from God. Muslims kill Muslims in their attacks and wars and they feel justified.
In the event of any war, your daddies, pastors or religious leaders will pray for the efficacy of your weapons to kill your fellow church members on the opposing side.
This is what we as Jehovah's Witnesses do not do. We, rather have love among ourselves. John 13:35

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Do we need to purchase a dictionary for you? Dwell and Possess are two different words that are not even synonyms. If you dwell in my house, do you possess my house? Since Abraham dwelled in tents, was that the possession that God gave him?
I don't expect you to understand, I said my spirit is a possession of the Holy Spirit. One of the definitions of possess in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is "to control or dominate something". No need to purchase a dictionary, I have got one already. The Holy Spirit controls and dominates my human spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You are funny. We began with being possessed by the spirits and now that you see your folly you are trying to digress. Can we focus on one at a time? Keep that one pending let us focus on being possessed by the spirit. You said that you were possessed by the spirit. So I am asking how, when it is mentioned that demons are the spirits possessing. What spirit are you really possessed by? As for the other guy's question, I have taken care of it and you are not the guy to use him as a reference. Use our very own conversation as a reference and stay on it.
ok
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2017
Brave men own up while cowards duck. That is the saying of an old soldier.
I can send you a receipt of you saying that you are possessed by the Holy Spirit. Let us iron it out once and for all time. Are you possessed by the Holy Spirit?
joshnes:
I don't expect you to understand, I said my spirit is a possession of the Holy Spirit. One of the definitions of possess in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is "to control or dominate something". No need to purchase a dictionary, I have got one already. The Holy Spirit controls and dominates my human spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:27am On Dec 13, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Brave men own up while cowards duck. That is the saying of an old soldier.
I can send you a receipt of you saying that you are possessed by the Holy Spirit. Let us iron it out once and for all time. Are you possessed by the Holy Spirit?
Oh, I Am. He controls and dominates my human spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (70) (Reply)

Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.