Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad (33104 Views)

US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit / TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Let Me Be The Apple In Your Hand(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ahmEenu(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2017
folakemigeh:
Nice ad, too direct at Apple... I'll call that "Aggressive Marketing" somehow they are correct about the unnecessarily queue for an iPhone which will become a predecessor pretty soon.

Nice one Sammy.... Still rocking my Galaxy Note 5
but who asked you the kind of phone you use....... Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by kizz007: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
healthy beef but un healthy for our pocket.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Shaw007(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
miteolu:

All the countries you have mentioned, they don't have money like Nigeria. I will agree if you say they are competing with us.
as long as competition is involved
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Okey80: 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
Do they have right to show Apple logo in their ad.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by talk2percy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Iphone still remains iPhone and Samsung still remains Samsung. #teamiphone

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by nwolisar: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
This one is a punch below the belt. cheesy grin
Waiting for apple to reply

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Chukazu: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
SAMSUNG that is just recovering from grenade explosion of their previous phones undecided

it was even discovered that grenade that killed OSAMA BIN LADEN was actually a SAMSUNG "S7" shocked according the recently released CIA classified document

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Inception(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=HsLBroker post=62126414][/quote]

Where are u located?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by nwadiuko1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
is this legal?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
justFEARLESS:
Apple lost it after iphone6 but Samsung keep waxing stronger.

only a fool will pick newer iphones over Samsung.

Relax, brother. You can go with what you want but calling people fools is excessive

IPhones sell more than all Samsung flagships combined. The 100 million people getting IPhones aren't fools

Developers make more money on ios than Android. They aren't fools

Apple put more money in customer satisfaction and guaranty for at least 4 years. People buy that and aren't fools

Reselling an iPhone is faster and more expensive to those "fools" than a Samsung of same year

Finally, Samsung tends to make more money from Apple phones than selling their own flagship. Even Samsung is not a fool...

Apple knows how to do business. That's why they're the most valuable company in the world. Let them be...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by pueflexy(f): 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
chosengocap:

Are you a Jumia agent?
yes
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
quiverfull:
Lawsuit loading...in commercials like this, you do not have the right to show the name/logo of he competition, and throw such jabs. You're however, allowed to imply or lead the audience on in whom you're jabbing.
for Naija law or US law?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ClassicMan202(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
I rest my case!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by eddyline(m): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
what's d price?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by neonly: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
HTC 11 all d way kiss kiss kissway
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by miteolu(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
Shaw007:

No man. We have upward, parallel and downward competitive levels.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by tico1212(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
Im not surprised.. Its Samsung that design iPhone x screen
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by miteolu(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
Shaw007:

No man. We have upward and parallel competitive levels. You don't compete downward that is degrading.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by timilehin007(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
ClassicMan202:
I rest my case!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha....iPhone users won't like seeing this...iPhone bringing back old school to new school whilst Samsung peeping for the future already

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Handsomebeing(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
iPhone 7+ is crap compared to Galaxy s8. Should have just continued using my iPhone 6s. Hopefully the X will make us happy.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Greystone: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
GraveMan:
This Ad Is So Mean I Wonder How Iphone Users Will Relate To It

I swear u won't understand sad
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by designVATExcel: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

You can say best android phone but definitely not the best phone. Maybe you should show us the statistics for arriving at that conclusion.

Bytheway, why are Samsung users always obsessed with the iPhone. I rarely see any iPhone fan talking about Samsung because they see it as a phone always trying to be like the iPhone.

It's competition my dear. iPhone is their only major competitor. LG is considering ending their phone line, Nokias long gone, HTC is patronised majorly in the US. So the major international competitor is the iPhone.

I repeat Note 8 is the best and most powerful phone for the following reasons :

1) Stylus - it has a freaken stylus, if you've used a Note before you'll attest to the fact that the stylus is extremely responsive. You can send cool personalised messages with sketches and all. Awesome mehn

2) Camera : 12mp - the is the top end range for cameras, except for the likes of Sony that have the 25mp phone (which didn't sell well btw). This is the best you can get on a phone, the iPhone X has same.
The front camera is even 8mp compared to iPhone X 7mp.

3) Screen size: 162 x 64 noticeably bigger than iPhone X. Now this might not be an advantage to everyone but to me the bigger the screen the better.

4) Ram: 6Gb, imagine on a freaking phone when some laptops still use 2gb ram. It's a beast mehn. I use a Note 5 so in terms of speed when processing large applications, mehn there's no competition.

It's also octa core, i.e. double the number of processors of Quad-Core making it almost twice as powerful. So if you're a gamer like me 3d games will work smoothly, no lag.
Also when processing HD files, large image / photo manipulation that's when you notice the difference.
Again basic phone users will not need this.

5) Display: 1440x2960 even the iPhone X which uses a Samsung display is 2436 X 1125. This is noticeable in terms of sharpness and pixel density. Also the curved display on the Note makes it not only aesthetically pleasing, but also lovely when watching movies / videos in general.

6) OS- it uses android which is by far more friendly in terms of the user interface and overall application availability than the IOS. The play store offers not only more apps but more affordable options.

The list goes on my brother, but I'm already tired sef

The only downside is affordability. Most people particularly in developing chimes like ours cannot expend a whopping N420,000 on a phone. So the likes of Tecno, Gionee etc thrive here.

Lastly, iPhone don't need much marketing.
80% of Americans will buy it regardless of specs. Being the 3rd most populous country with over 300 million users what more do you need, that's one of the largest markets.
To top that rich folks in most developing countries will also always buy apple regardless of spec as a show of class.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
It's amazing that nobody is talking about the ugly notch on the iPhone x which Samsung shaded them with in the commercial.

Below is the ugly notch in a funny haircut style

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by nanizle(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
quiverfull:
Lawsuit loading...in commercials like this, you do not have the right to show the name/logo of he competition, and throw such jabs. You're however, allowed to imply or lead the audience on in whom you're jabbing.

I don't think the ad said anything 'derogatory' about apple's iphone....

Plus its not today Samsung started paying fines to Apple. grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by libertyfather(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

You can say best android phone but definitely not the best phone. Maybe you should show us the statistics for arriving at that conclusion.

Bytheway, why are Samsung users always obsessed with the iPhone. I rarely see any iPhone fan talking about Samsung because they see it as a phone always trying to be like the iPhone.

Tell them oooi

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ewizard1: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
XXLDICK:
For years, Samsung has always been better than apple
They still haven't realized!!!
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ewizard1: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
freeman95:
Is this even legal to do?
I use to wonder!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ewizard1: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
quiverfull:
If illegal, I know they (Samsung) already knows the rule and ready for the lawsuit.

*Example*
If I have to pay 1million (damages) and earn like 15million. Then let's do this. grin

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by samsam2019: 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ra88:
Apple still beats them hands down.
How?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ewizard1: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
trustyshoess:
grin this is a direct full on attack. No subtlety
#TeamAndroid
#TeamSamsung
No time for overpriced overrated junk
#SameTeam Baby grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Illegal ad
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by efilefun(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
miteolu:
Samsung is competing with iphone. Infinix is competing with Techno Nigeria is competing with nothing.
Ghana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Etisalat BIS Monthly Plan For Androids?? / What's The Favorite App In Your Phone You Can't Do Without / Android Tab: That Funny Prank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.