Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad (33170 Views)

US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit / TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Let Me Be The Apple In Your Hand(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ibinaboonline: 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
Samsung may not have done the ad. An enthusiastic fan could have done it and maybe, pitch it to Samsung which they could accept and pay or reject
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by AHCB: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
trustyshoess:

Yes seriously
And ok, that was just my opinion.
Different folks, different strokes
kiss
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ishilove:
I don't even understand the ad undecided

Which phone you come dey use?

Lumia or Z10?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
Decale:

Which phone you come dey use?

Lumia or Z10?
Q10
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by oshaosha2014(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
Once heard in some quarters that you can't sue your competition if they were right about what they said about your product. That's what obtains in the western world. And we can all see that Samsung actually didn't lie on the ad.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by samsam2019: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

In response to your 1st point, go read this http://bgr.com/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-patent-lawsuit-internal-report-copy-iphone/

You might also want to read this https://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/12/04/samsung-agrees-to-pay-apple-548-million-for-copying-its-iphone-designs/

This might also interest you https://nicklazilla.tumblr.com/post/29202801252/samsung-is-apples-biggest-fan

The list is endless from Siri, to Apple Pay, iWatch, iPad, Touch ID, all glass design etc.

Other points you raised, Samsung didn't pioneer any of them, so what the fuss?
old man, you might wanna update yourself with the latest news eh. The patent suit is back in court and Samsung are no longer paying Apple a dime. The judgment they got from some European countries and USA is nothing.

And then who started using Amoled on smartphones?

Who started using QHD on smartphones?

Who was also the 1st to make phablets?

I get it, you're blinded by your loyalty to icopy.

Nothing innovative came from Apple. Deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
Most Samsung phone owners are wannabe iPhone owners.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ishilove:
Q10

Time to leave the 7 kingdoms, honey
Even an Infinix (I can't believe I'm saying this) is better
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Decale:

Time to leave the 7 kingdoms, honey

Even an Infinix (I can't believe I'm saying this) is better
Any phone without a keypad is a no-no for me. I just can't adapt to screen touch phones. I valiantly tried, but I just can't.

Blackberry for life, baby wink
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
samsam2019:

Technically, not Samsung

Not Samsung

Phablets were quite not definite in sizes back then and even moreso now. Still, it's definitely not Samsung
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ishilove:

Any phone without a keypad is a no-no for me. I just can't adapt to screen touch phones. I valiantly tried, but I just can't.

Blackberry for life, baby wink

I used to be you for a long time. My first android phone then was The Samsung Galaxy Pro but adaptation took over.
Look at this way; when 2020 comes knocking, what then happens to your phone? Don't type what I think you're going to type

Besides, there are apps that type faster than hardware keyboards now.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by kpofkpof: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
designVATExcel:

It's competition my dear. iPhone is their only major competitor. LG is considering ending their phone line, Nokias long gone, HTC is patronised majorly in the US. So the major international competitor is the iPhone.

I repeat Note 8 is the best and most powerful phone for the following reasons :

1) Stylus - it has a freaken stylus, if you've used a Note before you'll attest to the fact that the stylus is extremely responsive. You can send cool personalised messages with sketches and all. Awesome mehn

2) Camera : 12mp - the is the top end range for cameras, except for the likes of Sony that have the 25mp phone (which didn't sell well btw). This is the best you can get on a phone, the iPhone X has same.
The front camera is even 8mp compared to iPhone X 7mp.

3) Screen size: 162 x 64 noticeably bigger than iPhone X. Now this might not be an advantage to everyone but to me the bigger the screen the better.

4) Ram: 6Gb, imagine on a freaking phone when some laptops still use 2gb ram. It's a beast mehn. I use a Note 5 so in terms of speed when processing large applications, mehn there's no competition.

It's also octa core, i.e. double the number of processors of Quad-Core making it almost twice as powerful. So if you're a gamer like me 3d games will work smoothly, no lag.
Also when processing HD files, large image / photo manipulation that's when you notice the difference.
Again basic phone users will not need this.

5) Display: 1440x2960 even the iPhone X which uses a Samsung display is 2436 X 1125. This is noticeable in terms of sharpness and pixel density. Also the curved display on the Note makes it not only aesthetically pleasing, but also lovely when watching movies / videos in general.

6) OS- it uses android which is by far more friendly in terms of the user interface and overall application availability than the IOS. The play store offers not only more apps but more affordable options.

The list goes on my brother, but I'm already tired sef

The only downside is affordability. Most people particularly in developing chimes like ours cannot expend a whopping N420,000 on a phone. So the likes of Tecno, Gionee etc thrive here.

Lastly, iPhone don't need much marketing.
80% of Americans will buy it regardless of specs. Being the 3rd most populous country with over 300 million users what more do you need, that's one of the largest markets.
To top that rich folks in most developing countries will also always buy apple regardless of spec as a show of class.

I see you are knowledgeable about phones. kindly compare Samsung S8 and Nokia 8 for me please. I need to make an urgent decision.
Please note that the 2 things attracting me to Nokia 8 is the double camera and it's about 30k cheaper than Samsung S8. But I need a detailed review so I won't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Thank you
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Abudu2000(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
Samsung is for people without class and choice. If believe in Android then that's ur way but for me it's iPhone till good knows when.. even in economics there's something called added advantage to a goods. iPhones give you that same class Gucci and Ferrari gives it's customer...u can't expect any respect from someone by holding even s20
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by sinisters(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
Samsung?
With their stupid screens that cost more than the phone??
undecided
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
kpofkpof:

I see you are knowledgeable about phones. kindly compare Samsung S8 and Nokia 8 for me please. I need to make an urgent decision.
Please note that the 2 things attracting me to Nokia 8 is the double camera and it's about 30k cheaper than Samsung S8. But I need a detailed review so I won't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Thank you

S8 through and through. No contest
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Abudu2000:
Samsung is for people without class and choice. If believe in Android then that's ur way but for me it's iPhone till good knows when.. even in economics there's something called added advantage to a goods. iPhones give you that same class Gucci and Ferrari gives it's customer...u can't expect any respect from someone by holding even s20

Exactly what kids would say. Yet low-lifers use iPhones everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by samsard(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
sinisters:
Samsung?
With their stupid screens that cost more than the phone??
undecided
The new AMOLED screen on the iPhone X will raise the cost of changing iPhone displays (at least for the iPhone X).
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
Decale:

I used to be you for a long time. My first android phone then was The Samsung Galaxy Pro but adaptation took over.
Look at this way; when 2020 comes knocking, what then happens to your phone? Don't type what I think you're going to type

Besides, there are apps that type faster than hardware keyboards now.
What will happen in 2020?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by donhils: 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ra88:
Apple still beats them hands down.
In what aspect(s)?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by brightalo17: 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ra88:
Apple still beats them hands down.
Forgetting that Samsung supplies apple some items to build there so called powerful phone.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by igbalistic: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2017
samsung is more better than iPhone
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by BoncoBoy: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2017
Shot fired am waiting for apple's reply am sure its going to epic watching this giants fight angry grin
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Dreydoe(m): 12:49am On Nov 07, 2017
if you av tecno k9, l9plus, cx or infinix hot4 pro(13mp camera) for sell contact me (30k)- watsapp 0708969456six === No calls ==== only whatsapp

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Izuboss: 2:32am On Nov 07, 2017
donhils:

In what aspect(s)?
in sales
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Mozzyb1(m): 3:53am On Nov 07, 2017
Ijaya123:

You can say best android phone but definitely not the best phone. Maybe you should show us the statistics for arriving at that conclusion.

Bytheway, why are Samsung users always obsessed with the iPhone. I rarely see any iPhone fan talking about Samsung because they see it as a phone always trying to be like the iPhone.
What an irony. Who's trying to be who? Today, iPhone is copying samsung. Samsung brought in wireless charging 2 yrs ago, brought in water resistant 3yrs ago, started with buttonless phone with s8, iPhone copied it. Kudos to Samsung.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Mozzyb1(m): 4:00am On Nov 07, 2017
justFEARLESS:
Apple lost it after iphone6 but Samsung keep waxing stronger.

only a fool will pick newer iphones over Samsung.
U av said it all. Most of the latest features on iPhone are over 2yrs old features on Samsung. Wireless charging started on sg S6, over 2yrs old, water resistant started on sg s5, 3yrs old, iris and face scanner with sg s8. IPhone innovation ends on iPhone 6. Next to copy is edge screen.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Mozzyb1(m): 4:23am On Nov 07, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. You wrote complete nonsene
This was 7yrs ago. We are now in 2017. Who is copying who now? The nxt iPhone ll come with stylus and edge screen
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by NewLola(f): 5:41am On Nov 07, 2017
miteolu:
Samsung is competing with iphone.
Infinix is competing with Techno
Nigeria is competing with nothing.

Tecno, iTel and Infinix is owned by a single company
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by donhils: 6:30am On Nov 07, 2017
Izuboss:
in sales
Not true. Check well
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by donhils: 6:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Mozzyb1:

U av said it all. Most of the latest features on iPhone are over 2yrs old features on Samsung. Wireless charging started on sg S6, over 2yrs old, water resistant started on sg s5, 3yrs old, iris and face scanner with sg s8. IPhone innovation ends on iPhone 6. [/b]Next to copy is edge screen.[b]
And when they do, they'll start making noise as if they used rocket science to do it.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2017
Mozzyb1:

What an irony. Who's trying to be who? Today, iPhone is copying samsung. Samsung brought in wireless charging 2 yrs ago, brought in water resistant 3yrs ago, started with buttonless phone with s8, iPhone copied it. Kudos to Samsung.

Why are Samsung users so obsessed with iPhone users? Inferiority complex I guess.

Samsung always trying hard to be like iPhone.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2017
samsam2019:
old man, you might wanna update yourself with the latest news eh. The patent suit is back in court and Samsung are no longer paying Apple a dime. The judgment they got from some European countries and USA is nothing.

I get it, you're blinded by your loyalty to icopy.

Nothing innovative came from Apple. Deal with it

Young man, why are Samsung users so obsessed with iPhone users? Inferiority complex I guess.

Samsung always trying hard to be like iPhone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms / Get FREE Whatsapp MB On Your Airtel Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.