Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

9 Reasons To Believe In Boss Mustapha The New Sgf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Reasons To Believe In Boss Mustapha The New Sgf (1286 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Boss Mustapha, New SGF (Photos) / Photo Of President Buhari With Boss Mustapha, The New SGF / President Buhari Sacks Babachir Lawal And Oke, Appoints Boss Mustapha As New SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Reasons To Believe In Boss Mustapha The New Sgf by sbabs1(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2017
Nigeria did not come this way over night and as a non-political ordinary Nigerian youth, I commend change when I see one. In my recent research I have seen some good stuffs about the new SGF. His full name is Boss Gida Mustapha. The word GIDA in hausa as translated in English means Home. And I hope in him the secretariat of Nigeria which he will be handling will be real home for all. I also hope he will tighten up the administrative lapses the secretariat has been known for in recent times. Below is few stuff you should know about Boss

1. A SELFLESS RE BUILDER:
Boss is from Garaha an agrarian community seriously affected by Boko Haram onslaught in the north-eastern state of Adamawa. The man is said to have been rebuilding some major infrastructures single handedly with his money. According to Sunday Sun Nov 2017, Gahara currently has a road network, electricity project, and a church building all of which were destroyed by the insurgents but which are currently being reconstructed by Mustapha with a view to restoring hope to his people, who lost almost everything except the will to go on, to insurgency. This kind of selflessness should be applauded in our society. Nigeria has lived with politicians who has never given back to the community.

2. HE IS A TECHNOCRAT
I have background in Public administration myself and I can tell you from history professionals are the best to implement policies of government. Boss seems to fit perfectly into this realm. Aside being a lawyer, he is a management consultant, politician, businessman and boardroom guru. He is a committed member of Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship, where he currently holds the position of National Vice President, Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship International Nigeria is Christian association of private sector business men who combines business ethics with Christian virtue. This shows he can do better by bringing his private sector experience to the public sector.

3. HE HAS EXPERIENCE IN PUBLIC SECTOR ADMINISTRATION.
According to Nigerianbulletin, Boss Gida Mustapha was once the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National inland waterways Authority (NIWA). This agency is a revenue generation agency. His experience here can be a better advantage since he would have been familiar with how government works.

4. HE HAS GOOD HOME TRAINING.
I believe, many of the societal problems is generated from home. However, from my perceptions, teachers are the best people to train a child in terms of mannerism. For boss, He was trained by a teacher. Mr. Wesley Mustapha (his father) was a teacher and later headmaster at Central Primary School, Yola, Adamawa. His father later rose through the ranks to becoming a commissioner in the ministry of education in the then Gongola state. This shows he must be well schooled and learned unlike our perception about the educational standards in the north.

5. HE CAN MEND FENCES.
Yesterday being 6th November 29017, I learnt Boss swung into action by organizing a meeting with the National Assemblies. This is very un-real in Buhari administration who has over 2 years been at lodger heads with the senate and the house of rep. With less than 21 days in office, the new SGF have been able to organize a successful dialogue with the NASS for a cordial legislative- executive relationship. This shows he is a man of peace and a good negotiator. I hope he can fast track nest year budget passage.

6. CHRISTIAN BACKGROUND
There are certain Christian value that is good for our polity. “His father, who died in 2013 and his wife Benedicta Wesley (still alive) were very dedicated Christians, who trained Boss and his four other siblings: Mrs. Daloney Attah, Flora, Blessing and Charity Mustapha, to be dedicated Christians and they take to that training. Mustapha was never a troublesome child; he was never a child that his parents had to worry about. He was dedicated to his Sunday school and has always been a man of the people. A nairalader once confirmed him as a person with humility in their church. This means he has some good Christian virtue.

7. A GLOBAL LAWYER
He earned his Bachelor of Law, LL.B from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1979 and was called to bar in 1980. In addition to being a professional member of NBA, he is also a member of various global professional bodies including African Bar Association (ABA), Commonwealth Lawyers Association, International Bar Association (IBA) and Human Rights Institute (HRI). Tis shows that Mr. Mustapha’s accomplishments go beyond politics and the Bar.

8. HE HAS BEEN AROUND IN POLITICS AT STRATEGIC LEVEL.
According to Dailypost article published in Oct 30, Mustapha was member Federal Republic of Nigeria Constituent Assembly (1988-1989), Chairman People’s Solidarity Party-Gongola State (1989-1990), state chairman, Social Democratic Party-Gongola State (1990-1991); he was even a gubernatorial candidate for SDP in Adamawa state in 1991. To me buhari has a lot of people who have no expeience in politics and that is hampering his chances of effective administration. I belive Boss is witty and he is familiar with the political terrain .

Mustapha was the Deputy National Chairman of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria from 2010 to 2013. In 2007, he again played a prominent role, serving as the Deputy Director General of the party’s Presidential campaign Organization.

9. HE UNDERSTAND THE APC PROMISES
Many of us including myself knows that the APC has not lived up to expectation. Their promises though hindered by recession caused by our lack of savings is yet to gain the needed applause by the ordinary man. Hence, an SGF who is part of the campaign team of the APC should be the right person to professionally actualize the needed policy implementation. From record, Boss was a member of NCC and Secretary APC Presidential Campaign Organization Mobilization (2015) and member, APC Transition Committee (2015). He is also a member, APC Board of Trustees. This shows he is core part of the party and he knows their promises. I am sure the president wife can attest to this. LOL

(1) (Reply)

Attention PDP Presidential Aspirants By Taiye Garrick / Pastor Shepherd Bashiri's Church Shutdown Over Collection Of Money For Miracles / Hon. Ben Rolland Igbakpa: The Man For The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.