Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos (4368 Views)

Prince Harry Says William ‘Attacked’ Him & Left Him Knocked To The Floor / 'Ghost' Slams Security Guard To The Floor In Columbia (Pix, Video) / Teargas, Warning Shots As Ugandans Protest Lawmaker Arrest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Explorers(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Saudi Arabia announced the arrest on Saturday night of the prominent billionaire investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, plus at least 10 other princes, four ministers and tens of former ministers.

The announcement of the arrests was made over Al Arabiya, the Saudi-owned satellite network whose broadcasts are officially approved.

Prince Alwaleed’s arrest is sure to send shock waves both through the kingdom and the world’s major financial centers.

Asleep on the floor of their 'luxury' five star prison 11 Saudi princes, government ministers and businessmen await their fate following their arrest in the biggest anti-corruption purge of the kingdom's modern history.

In a photo obtained exclusively by DailyMail. com the men are seen gathered together at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, inside one of its glittering function rooms wrapped in blankets and sleeping on thin mattresses.

Saudi sources say that among those photographed in the room are billionaire investor Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who is a nephew of the king, worth an estimated $18 billion and owns stakes in Twitter, Lyft and Citigroup.

The photograph was revealed as President Trump went all-in supporting the man who ordered the mass arrests, Crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, the ferociously ambitious 32-year-old heir to the throne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5055923/Arrested-Saudi-princes-photographed-five-star-prison.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Explorers(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
The men appear to be sleeping in this room, which last month hosted the Future Investment Conference.

Among those who used the event to highlight the kingdom's future was Prince Al-Waleed who now finds himself sleeping on its floor.

The Ritz Carlton in Riyadh was emptied of guests on Saturday night as the round-up of allegedly corrupt ministers and princes got under way.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
The rich also cry, In my country billionaire looters rarely go to jail.

Arab and luxury, which one be five star prison again sef.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Explorers(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, one of the world's highest-profile investors, and Prince Adel Fakeih, who was minister of economy since April, are being held

Prince Al-Waleed is accused of money laundering, bribery and extorting officials, an official told Reuters on Sunday.

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Explorers(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, who for the past four years had led the National Guard, is among those arrested.

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Explorers(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
President Trump visited Saudi Arabia in May, and it was where he met Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who was then deputy crown prince and is now crown prince and the man behind the 'anti-corruption' crackdown.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin

Explorers and facts are like Smellymouth and memes lipsrsealed

Meanwhile,this is exactly the type of Buhari we thought we voted,but instead, we got lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by proudlyYoruba(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
I think it is time MAKKAH and MADINAH is seperated from SAUDI. This looks more like GAME OF THRONES than corruption crackdown. Make our holy cities a sovereign states with Khalifas

1 Like

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Homeboiy: 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
It doesn't stop the money he stole from dissapearing
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Daeylar(f): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah
This is what I was saying.
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB, Diezani and Co be like.....

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by awillabo: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Daeylar:
AlmiqhteeAllah
This is what I was saying.
Yeah, I can see it. It's definitely not about corruption. It's conspiracy against others to have power all for one's self and further one's interest unhindered. You think the one who ordered their arrest is innocent? Like hell he is!

Anyways, wetin concern me with Saudi. Even if it burns, I don't care. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by alBHAGDADI: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
izzou:
grin

Explorers and facts are like Smellymouth and memes lipsrsealed

Meanwhile,this is exactly the type of Buhari we thought we voted,but instead, we got lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Stop hailing him.

Those things are copied from dailymail. Y'all make it seem as if he wrote them himself.

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by armadeo(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lol.

That place is more comfortable than where millions of Nigerians sleep daily ( and by sleep I mean in paid accomodation) not under the bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by ugoboss26(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

Those things are copied from dailymail. Y'all make it seem as if he wrote them himself.

Why didn't you use your precious Data to bring the information here and then cite the sources of the news, Bad Belle

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by johncallidon(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

Dude stop being a hater. It's not good for your health.

21 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by izzou(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

He takes his time to create threads that are informative. To me, that's commendable

If you can't do same,don't hate on people who do so.

Or did my hailing him reduce your account balance?

Take a chill pill Sir. Life ain't that hard wink

Once again, thumbs up Mazi Explorers

28 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by blaquemyc: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

last time i checked, he always credits his source(s), u sound pained btw

16 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by PrinceJoeWan(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
.........................FROM GRACE TO GRASS
.........................WHAT A FALL!!! undecided
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

You're just one jealous nigga aren't you... live and let live

14 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Spylord48: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Can such a thing happen in this country?
The opposition will term it witch hunting, the supporters will call it wizard hunting and the ruling party will call it corruption crackdown.

But one thing is sure such a thing can't happen until we the masses change our mindset and support the ruling party.
If Apc can witch hunt Ex Pdp governors and official now that they are the ruling party and tomorrow if Pdp becomes the ruling party and do the same thing.Corruption will be eradicated little by little with the incumbent been cautious and careful that tomorrow if his tenure ends,that his successor will turn him up and witch hunt him too

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by WarriDemon: 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

Go and copy yours na Oga.. na this kind bad belle make the country stagnant

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by royalamour(m): 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
This will never happen in Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Totino: 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

Match his record if you can't beat it!

13 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
I was watching Aljazeera's analysis on this crack-down some days ago and many of the contributors were of the opinion that it was a move by the crown prince himself to consolidate his grip on power by doing away with many of the guys that could stand in his. Even certain international news magazines had similar opinions. This is an anti-corruption war with a tinge of a massive royal rumble(the kind you see in WWE),if you ask me,and the crown prince is giving all the others a bloody nose for the fun of it. That is why he is making them sleep on the floor.
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by alBHAGDADI: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Totino:

Match his record if you can't beat it!

You guys should read my post clearly to see that it has nothing to do with hate or jealousy. It was just showing you guys that his post are gotten from sources which he quotes. Praising him without acknowledging the original authors is tantamount to saying he wrote the post himself.

But I guess some people won't get the gist.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by talk2saintify(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

You guys should read my post clearly to see that it has nothing to do with hate or jealousy. It was just showing you guys that his post are gotten from sources which he quotes. Praising him without acknowledging the original authors is tantamount to saying he wrote the post himself.

But I guess some people won't get the gist.

90 percent of topics in niaraland are gotten from other source..so watcha talking abuh

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
The Royal family of Saudi Arabia are Identity thieves and Fraudsters. They are not the real Arabs. they are from Khazaraian empire in Russia. look down below the pictures-- The Original Arabs are Dark Skinned people. they are still in Saudi Arabia. and they are the Real descendants of Ismael. don't be deceived by mainstream media.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Ishilove: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Stop hailing him.

He credits his sources when he takes the time out to create them, so what's your stress? You that bad belle want to finish, how many informative threads have you created since joining Nairaland? He brings these informative articles to us, and it is for this reason that we appreciate and praise him.

You are an enemy of progress. Bad belle, negativity and jealousy wan kee you. Mscheeeeew.

Explorers, I dey your back like white on rye. Carry go!!! cheesy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Osasnidas(m): 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
This kain news dey sweet.. Who in Nigeria is nezt wink
Re: Saudi Billionaire Princes Sleeping On The Floor After Corruption Arrest(Photos by Omoluabi16(m): 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ishilove:

He credits his sources when he takes the time out to create them, so what's your stress? You that bad belle want to finish, how many informative threads have you created since joining Nairaland? He brings these informative articles to us, and it is for this reason that we appreciate and praise him.

You are an enemy of progress. Bad belle, negativity and jealousy wan kee you. Mscheeeeew.

lol. tbh, I see some of these news hours or days before explorers. But not everyone has the skill to carefully post them neatly in a summarized form. He has the reputation too. kudos to him jare.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies Aboard Delta Ailines / Magomed Tushayev, Chechen Commander Killed In Hostomel Ukraine / Dnc And The War Within

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.