Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? (2212 Views)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
I feel so depressed.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Eyaah, sorry.
RIP to your Mom.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
How can this happen to me ?
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Oledia(m): 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
faridaije:
I feel so depressed.
Take heart and be strong. That is how life is. When you are worried, turn your mind to those whose parents die when they were younger than you. Be the strong woman nature has made you to be. Pls avoid sympathizing word, they make you weaker.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
faridaije:
why did you deactivate the former account? Is it because of this issue?.. I think so, I know it's hard to cope with but God is in control. Don't lose your trust in him. Do not allow situations to define your relationship with him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Lovetinz(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
My heart flies to you.
Cheer up, and don't dwell too much on her absence. Be consoled with the fact that she has gone to a better place.
Cheer up because she left a lasting legacy - You.
Cheer up because your depression won't bring her back.
Cheer up because she wouldn't like it if she could know she is causing you so much pain.
Remember her with a smile and not with a pained heart.
Cheer up because someone, somewhere empathizes with you.

It is wrong to mourn the people who died. Rather we should thank God that such people lived.

- George S. Patton

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Khemhyte(f): 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
faridaije:
Sorry dear, may her soul rest in peace. You just have to be strong. It is well with you in Jesus name - Amen!
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by memories1(f): 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
faridaije:
I feel so depressed.

The truth is that the void will always be there. I felt the same way when I lost mine, it's not an easy journey but you'll make it through. Time will heal you, time will make you stronger.

For now, don't be too hard on yourself, accept the sympathies of well wishers, accept the acts of kindness and help that come your way, cry when you're sad.

With time, the sadness will wear off. Look up to God, find an older female confidante eg. your pastor's wife or a trusted aunt, it helps.

Dust yourself, raise your head up, you'll be fine.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
How old was you when you lost yours?

memories1:

The truth is that the void will always be there. I felt the same way when I lost mine, it's not an easy journey but you'll make it through. Time will heal you, time will make you stronger.

For now, don't be too hard on yourself, accept the sympathies of well wishers, accept the acts of kindness and help that come your way, cry when you're sad.

With time, the sadness will wear off. Look up to God, find an older female confidante eg. your pastor's wife or a trusted aunt, it helps.

Dust yourself, raise your head up, you'll be fine.

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by KardinalZik(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Be strong and very courageous.

That which is sown is not brought to life except it dies first (1 Corinthians 15:36; John 12:24). YOUR MOTHER DIED TO LIVE ETERNALLY.

Cheer Up, Sister. God is with you.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
think of all the great thing about your mother and have a great life remembering her memory, but most importantly, for all the sacrifices that she went through in order for you to become the great person you are today

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by memories1(f): 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
faridaije:
How old was you when you lost yours?

I was 22 years old, nursing a 6 month old baby, struggling with health issues too. It was the worst phase of my life so far, I can't go into details, it was at a time I needed motherly care, death happened.
You will be fine, believe it, time will heal you. Take it a day at a time.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Take heart dear.

Lost my mum too a while back, she was only 47, I felt like I would die as well, but I'm still here, somehow, I haven't been able to go back to my original body weight ever since, what am I trying to say? My dear, it won't be easy but life has got to continue, I still think and dream of her most days, sometimes, I cry when I do, and other times, I laugh or smile, reminiscing on all the fun times we had together.

Just hold on tightly to the memory of her, cry if you feel like it, it eases the pain a little.
In time, you'll be able to adjust to life without her, its really hard cos there are days I feel like she's the only one who would understand what I'm going through or
what i have to say, still, what can one do?

Just console yourself with the belief that she's in a better place, a place where she can feel no pain or sorrow.

I'm so sorry for your loss, trust me when I say, I know how you feel. Its really a pity, once again, so sorry dear.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Artistree: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
sexybbstar:
why did you deactivated the former account? Is it because of this issue?.. I think so, I know it's hard to cope with but God is in control. Don't lose your trust in him. Do not allow situations to define your relationship with him.
Why did you DEACTIVATED shocked shocked shocked Is that how you were taught?
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
Artistree:

Why did you DEACTIVATED shocked shocked shocked Is that how you were taught?
autocorrect fit kill person... Let me modify. Thanks! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
memories1:

I was 22 years old, nursing a 6 month old baby, struggling with health issues too. It was the worst phase of my life so far, I can't go into details, it was at a time I needed motherly care, death happened.
You will be fine, believe it, time will heal you. Take it a day at a time.

So sorry. I am the same age.

It is so hard, I pity myself - struggling to do motherly duties in the house whilst face my books and work and still try and have a life..

I have such a tough life, I am just living life for the sake of it - I don't see the point in life anymore.

Why did this happen to me
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
freecocoa:
Take heart dear.

Lost my mum too a while back, she was only 47, I felt like I would die as well, but I'm still here, somehow, I haven't been able to go back to my original body weight ever since, what am I trying to say? My dear, it won't be easy but life has got to continue, I still think and dream of her most days, sometimes, I cry when I do, and other times, I laugh or smile, reminiscing on all the fun times we had together.

Just hold on tightly to the memory of her, cry if you feel like it, it eases the pain a little.
In time, you'll be able to adjust to life without her, its really hard cos there are days I feel like she's the only one who would understand what I'm going through or
what i have to say, still, what can one do?

Just console yourself with the belief that she's in a better place, a place where she can feel no pain or sorrow.

I'm so sorry for your loss, trust me when I say, I know how you feel. Its really a pity, once again, so sorry dear.

How did you maintain your faith in God, because I have totally lost mine
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by eyinjuege: 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
Take each day as it comes.
A step at a time.
Time eventually heals all wounds
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 12:25am On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:

How did you maintain your faith in God, because I have totally lost mine
Well, my mum died when I was 19 and from what I remember about myself even as a child, I always had questions about God and stuff, I still kinda believed after she died but along the line, I discovered, religion isn't really for me, as I've been what you may call "atheist" if you want to put a label on it, for some years now.

Maybe her death further fueled my quest for knowledge and sped up the process of losing my religion, maybe not, I'm not really sure but one thing I know is that, I'd rather not believe in a God who sits idly by, watching his supposed children suffer.

Please bear in mind that, I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just telling you my story.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by memories1(f): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:

So sorry. I am the same age.

It is so hard, I pity myself - struggling to do motherly duties in the house whilst face my books and work and still try and have a life..

I have such a tough life, I am just living life for the sake of it - I don't see the point in life anymore.

Why did this happen to me

Each day, pray for strength and emotional healing, it won't be easy but you'll make it through. You will surely make it through, your future is bright, don't give up.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2017
freecocoa:
Well, my mum died when I was 19 and from what I remember about myself even as a child, I always had questions about God and stuff, I still kinda believed after she died but along the line, I discovered, religion isn't really for me, as I've been what you may call "atheist" if you want to put a label on it, for some years now.

Maybe her death further fueled my quest for knowledge and sped up the process of losing my religion, maybe not, I'm not really sure but one thing I know is that, I'd rather not believe in a God who sits idly by, watching his supposed children suffer.

Please bear in mind that, I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just telling you my story.

Thanks.

Is your dad still around
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:

Thanks.

Is your dad still around
You are welcome.

Yes, he is very much around.

[s]And incase you wanna know, he's remarried.[/s]
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2017
freecocoa:
You are welcome.

Yes, he is very much around.

[s]And incase you wanna know, he's remarried.[/s]

My dad is also around,

Can u imagine he already has an unofficial girlfriend (woman he talks to flirts with ) my mum hasn’t not even been dead 6 months

Also..... did your enemies laugh at your mums death
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 10:42am On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:

My dad is also around,

Can u imagine he already has an unofficial girlfriend (woman he talks to flirts with ) my mum hasn’t not even been dead 6 months

Also..... did your enemies laugh at your mums death
My dear sister, I swear I don't understand men, guess they are just not wired to feel as much as we do, so they just find ways to move on as quickly as they can. (not all men though) but if you asked me, I think your dad is being kinda insensitive, not minding how you feel, I'm sorry about that dear.

My dad didn't start talking about another woman till about after two year or so, though I'm not sure he wasn't seeing her before then, he just knew not to rub it in our faces, I guess partly cos he knew we wouldn't take it lightly, at all, even when he introduced her, he had to gather his siblings for support, still, we were not welcoming, of course we know it isn't her fault, but, our mum's our mum, so you don't expect us to be all smiley when we meet a woman that would be marrying her husband, we have nothing against the woman, we just don't have a relationship with her, and, my siblings/I, are cool that way, what am I saying?

6 months might seem too early but in the end, he does have to move on, I would just expect that he puts your feelings into consideration. I do know my father's wife is helping him since we can't be there like a wife should, so I guess you just have to see it from that angle and console yourself, its hard I know, I even still get some type of feeling when I see her with my dad, and it's been almost 8 years, how much more you, just be strong love.

I don't think anyone laughed, atleast not that I know of, I really try not to concern myself with so called enemies, as long as no one's trying to harm me physically, I'm good.

Why did you ask? Are people laughing at her death?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Thiannah(f): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:
I feel so depressed.
so sorry for your loss,with time you'll get over it, trust me
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
I am unsure if anyone is laughing

but I for sure have enemies who were jealous of our progress

and I am sure deep down some will be secretly happy at our calamity

also some will think we have done bad and we are being re-payed for bad deeds? I always think 2 myself what did my mum do 2 deserve this

freecocoa:
My dear sister, I swear I don't understand men, guess they are just not wired to feel as much as we do, so they just find ways to move on as quickly as they can. (not all men though) but if you asked me, I think your dad is being kinda insensitive, not minding how you feel, I'm sorry about that dear.

My dad didn't start talking about another woman till about after two year or so, though I'm not sure he wasn't seeing her before then, he just knew not to rub it in our faces, I guess partly cos he knew we wouldn't take it lightly, at all, even when he introduced her, he had to gather his siblings for support, still, we were not welcoming, of course we know it isn't her fault, but, our mum's our mum, so you don't expect us to be all smiley when we meet a woman that would be marrying her husband, we have nothing against the woman, we just don't have a relationship with her, and, my siblings/I, are cool that way, what am I saying?

6 months might seem too early but in the end, he does have to move on, I would just expect that he puts your feelings into consideration. I do know my father's wife is helping him since we can't be there like a wife should, so I guess you just have to see it from that angle and console yourself, its hard I know, I even still get some type of feeling when I see her with my dad, and it's been almost 8 years, how much more you, just be strong love.

I don't think anyone laughed, atleast not that I know of, I really try not to concern myself with so called enemies, as long as no one's trying to harm me physically, I'm good.

Why did you ask? Are people laughing at her death?
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:
I am unsure if anyone is laughing

but I for sure have enemies who were jealous of our progress

and I am sure deep down some will be secretly happy at our calamity

also some will think we have done bad and we are being re-payed for bad deeds? I always think 2 myself what did my mum do 2 deserve this

Don't concern yourself with all of that, there will always be people who aren't happy at the progress of others and that's their own f00lishness. Its not like anyone's sure who would die or what would happen next, so where's the sense in rejoicing over someone's misfortune? None whatsoever.

Bad things don't always happen to people because they did something to deserve it, that I have learnt from my time on earth, some things are just mysteries and trying to unravel them, only leaves one further confused, even babies die my dear, stop thinking it has something to so with what your mum may or may have not done, death's just a part of life, a very painful/sad one, but it is what it is.

I know you are really hurting but try to be strong for yourself and family, love, think about what your mum would have wanted for you, I'm sure she wouldn't want you worrying so much, you gotta take it easy sweet, it gets easier with time.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
yeah...

I try and remind myself that I am blessed.

The only 'problem' I have in my life is that my mum is dead.

apart from that

i have a good job, studying a good course, have a good family, have money, look good with good personality and so much more... i lack nothing apart from my mother.

just have 2 keep reminding myself that.

freecocoa:
Don't concern yourself with all of that, there will always be people who aren't happy at the progress of others and that's their own f00lishness. Its not like anyone's sure who would die or what would happen next, so where's the sense in rejoicing over someone's misfortune? None whatsoever.

Bad things don't always happen to people because they did something to deserve it, that I have learnt from my time on earth, some things are just mysteries and trying to unravel them, only leaves one further confused, even babies die my dear, stop thinking it has something to so with what your mum may or may have not done, death's just a part of life, a very painful/sad one, but it is what it is.

I know you are really hurting but try to be strong for yourself and family, love, think about what your mum would have wanted for you, I'm sure she wouldn't want you worrying so much, you gotta take it easy sweet, it gets easier with time.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Intelcorei7: 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sorry dear cry
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by freecocoa(f): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
faridaije:
yeah...

I try and remind myself that I am blessed.

The only 'problem' I have in my life is that my mum is dead.

apart from that

i have a good job, studying a good course, have a good family, have money, look good with good personality and so much more... i lack nothing apart from my mother.

just have 2 keep reminding myself that.

That's the spirit, you just gotta keep living.
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
freecocoa:
That's the spirit, you just gotta keep living.

since your mother died.. have you felt her spirit or had any transcendental effect e.g. her communicating to you in anyway
Re: How Do I Cope With Death Of My Mother? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
I feel sorry for myself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Despite New Job Offer, 30yrs Old Man Still Can't Move Out Of His Parents Home. / Prices Of Deep Freezers In Nigeria [2019] / Help!!! I'm Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.