Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,476 members, 7,812,468 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? (16322 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 10:57am On May 12, 2023
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I've been told to try and move on and be strong. But how embarassed

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by kestolove95(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2023
Hmmmmn I just can't imagine what you going through

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by fyzaila: 11:15am On May 12, 2023
It wouldn't be easy but you must pull through, think of the good memories you shared with her. Pray for her. And have it at the back of your mind that we are all going to leave this earth someday.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Mindlog: 11:24am On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

You are bereaved, so what you have been feeling is part of your grieving.

I will suggest though it sounds weird from where we come from, that you write a letter to your late younger sister.

You would certainly cry through the process but it would help in releasing some of the pains you are presently experiencing and you don't have to finish writing it in one sitting, take as much time as you want...it is very therapeutic.

When you are through with the writing, make out a private time and space to burn that letter, sit down and watch it burn as you try to remember the happy times with your sister.....it really helps as it is evidence-based.

May her soul rest in peace and God grant you and your family the strength to go through the loss.

187 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by HarunaWest(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

The Irony of Life is Death. Sorry for your loss.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 11:51am On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

May her soul rest in peace and God grant you and your family the strength to go through the loss.

Amen. Thank you so much!!!

I'd do as you've suggested.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 12:05pm On May 12, 2023
fyzaila:
It wouldn't be easy but you must pull through, think of the good memories you shared with her. Pray for her. And have it at the back of your mind that we are all going to leave this earth someday.

I know we're all going to die someday. embarassed

But dying so suddenly and young with so many unfinished dreams is so painful for words.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 12:06pm On May 12, 2023
HarunaWest:
The Irony of Life is Death. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Day169: 12:18pm On May 12, 2023
My condolences to you @ RoyalBlue.
It may not be easy but I believe you'd pull through.
As said, a problem shared is half solved, so surround yourself with positive friends you can lean on and also pray for God's continued grace and mercy.
It shall be well with you! 🙏🏾

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Jestin: 12:19pm On May 12, 2023
Take heart
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by donproject2(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2023
Y
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2023
Accept my deepest condolences.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by FalseProphet1(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
She's in a much better place. You have to be strong for her. The Lord is your strength. I will be praying for you.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Lullified: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
There's nothing you can do about the inevitable just pick up your pieces and move on , though it's so difficult to do but you have to fight the feelings. The Lord is your strength

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by richmond500: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Just go out and have fun with people, get yourself engaged with things that needs you attention.
Divert ur attention into something else.

It's not easy getting over someone, that's a hard thing to do, but with time your mind will be filled with important things. It will pass, three weeks is too short to get over her, give urself 6months

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by money121(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
Rip to our NairaLand members that are dead☠️ and we think they are offline🕊

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by mariahAngel(f): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
So sorry.🕯️

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Tonalphs(f): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
Time heals all wounds. It's a step by step process. Everyday becomes less struggle to let go. You'll be fine. I pray you find peace and that deep inner conviction that all is well in your world.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by eepeepook: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
Time erodes everybody. You can't hold this grief for the next twelve years. If you do, it can't last more than twenty. Me typing rubbish on Nairaland will be completely forgotten by my great grandchildren as well as anyone else here.

Cry all the tears you want now. Grieve as much as you want. You will pick yourself up with time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by qtguru(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Sorry dear cry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by treesun: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Sorry about your loss. It will take time, but heal your mind, by meditating on the positive impart she made. If she has kids, visit them regularly. Always console yourself with the word of God. Not easy, but time heals every wound. I lost a sibling, initially it will be as if it is a lie, that he only travelled, but when you dial her number reality will set in and you will be thinking what did you not do right to save the fellow, but with time, memories will give hope that one day you will die too. Be strong for your parents!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by sulakishop(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry for your loss.
Just try and cry it off. You will get tired and grow up one day. I lost 5 people in 12 months,then I became an adult

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by tesppidd: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

So sorry about your loss.

Trust me the heart always heals, it is a matter of time.

Someday you will get over it, and only have fond memories.

Stay strong, may God comfort you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Draslo(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2023
How did she die?
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by gaby(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Awww...

So so sorry to hear this.

May her soul find rest.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by michlins(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
There's no true way but with time, you will feel better
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Teejay13(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Take heart the lord is your strength. It is not easy loosing a close family member. But God knows why.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by clays: 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
Loss of a loved one. is a difficult process. Who hasn't been there would never know. Just know that where she is, she would want you to be strong for her and move on.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Flick490(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
Hard luck . Just be strong, you will be fine with Time. I lost my dad at age 8. I don't have an elder sibling. Be strong
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by spencekat(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2023
Take heart.Time heals every wound.May God strength you and your family. cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To 8 Babies At Once (octupulets) / Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.