Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) (29318 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Oyo Dry Port: Seyi Makinde Inspects Ongoing Construction At The Site - Photos / Umar Ganduje Distributes 10,000 Delivery Kits Worth N150m To Pregnant Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Daniel058(m): 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
achi4u:
OK. Okenwunne oto-nwedu iwhe le me. Together we can push Ebonyi to the great height.
egwono bé òdu oo!! grin anyị bụ nànu!!
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by tuscani: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Keneking:
Is he responsible for her big tommy?

"He also made an instant donation of N200 ,000 for the woman to start any business of her choice to enable her take care of her unborn child"

- What kind of business can N200K start and also to take care of napkins, pampers and Baby foods for the first six months under this APC government?

Instead of the following ideas:

+ Free maternity bills (All expense paid by his government)
+ Child birth support grant
+ Scholarship for the child/children till university
+ All expenses paid for the accommodation for the family.
+ Monthly stipend for the family

Subject to the following conditions:

+ That she opt out of the current job
+ That the husband agrees to support the woman till child birth
+ That the husband is supportive of the family
+ That the husband enroll numerous cooperative societies in the State

Obviously you live or have lived in a good country over seas. Nobody who has never travelled out will understand those beautiful points you wrote up there. Well-done !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by bibe(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
bleskid:
omo nawaoo 4 u ... No be 200 thousand dollar na naira ,,, how do u mean that God hve pick her call ... Abeg 200k no be blow

Judging by her stomach, I'd say she's probably maybe 3 months due (to delivery).

The money in question may not be much but believe me, it more than covers her trouble for that time period considering how much they get paid for that work.

They get paid maximum of #1500 per day and most days they don't get hired. I'm not speculating, I'm talking from 1st party experience.

Nonetheless, it's a welcome gesture from the governor.

PS: I can tell you with certainty that most of these women have never had a lump sum of that amount in their life before. A lot of them either don't own accounts or have never had a balance of that amount just sitting in their account.
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by ElSherriff: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Fantastic idea...the Governor should add, abakaliki to the freebies you listed, and also the whole of eastern nigeria including the south south states. Nonsense.
Keneking:
Is he responsible for her big tommy?

"He also made an instant donation of N200 ,000 for the woman to start any business of her choice to enable her take care of her unborn child"

- What kind of business can N200K start and also to take care of napkins, pampers and Baby foods for the first six months under this APC government?

Instead of the following ideas:

+ Free maternity bills (All expense paid by his government)
+ Child birth support grant
+ Scholarship for the child/children till university
+ All expenses paid for the accommodation for the family.
+ Monthly stipend for the family

Subject to the following conditions:

+ That she opt out of the current job
+ That the husband agrees to support the woman till child birth
+ That the husband is supportive of the family
+ That the husband enroll numerous cooperative societies in the State

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Charly68: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
God bless Mr Governor for his kind gesture ..industrious people should be encouraged in life ..Women are wonderful
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by condralbedez: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
GodwinsO:

Ebonyi women are suffering. pardon me for generalization, but the above picture is a common sight in Ebonyi
its the fact, no doubt about that. The Government of Ebonyi should something about it. At least to curtail it.
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by 1234onyekwe: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
guy2two:
Nice gesture

But biko, which business can she start with 200k?

Why not order her to go on pregnancy/maternity leave and ensure she retains her job thereafter or, better still, offer her a better job?
Oya u fit add 800k to it to make it 1m since u don't know the business she fit start with 200k.let me enumerate 4 u the kind of business she can start with 200k since u don't know
1)A bail of okirika is 40k depending on the gender of clothes she decides to go for either male or female.
2)she can start a restaurant business on a small scale.
3)She can rent a shop & start making women's hair of all kinds
4)She can start frying bons,small chops,spring rolls,samosa etc.
5)she can open a provision store on a small scale.
Let me just stop here,just to let u know there 1001 things she can do with that money.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Azam101: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
Her on born baby would definitely be great
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by yomskid: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
workaholic...

Eeyah am sorry!!!
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by ogbonnajose(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
He just want to score cheap popularity. ...... it is not that he is not aware of such situations in every building site in Ebonyi state. .。in fact, these women gather in front of the Abakaliki stadium where those who need laborers come to pick them on daily basis.
It is this stadium that the governor comes to often as most state public functions hold there.
Again, a lot of social media practitioners in the state like myself have spoken and written on this subject to raise and direct government attention to it but they give deaf ears and blind eyes.
Now, he acts as if he is just seeing it for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by lincoln01(m): 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
Oblongata:
Eye service buruku,
Shey na the only pregnant woman wey dey hustle for ebonyi be that?
Ode he go dey find all pregnant woman for ebonyi na
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by LeanonGOD(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
May the Good Lord, the God of multiplication Bless your mother ABUNDANTLY - in good health and long life she will (by GOD's Grace) enjoy the fruits of her labour in Jesus Almighty Name.
twinskenny:
My mum did it when we lost our father.. cry cry
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by jimony30: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
jaheymezz:
Ehn Ehn na today? why Is it a big deal to help a normal human being like you
At least appreciate. See Mugu Dey talk
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
and some people are somewhere building churches worth billions..
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
1234onyekwe:
Oya u fit add 800k to it to make it 1m since u don't know the business she fit start with 200k.let me enumerate 4 u the kind of business she can start with 200k since u don't know
1)A bail of okirika is 40k depending on the gender of clothes she decides to go for either male or female.
2)she can start a restaurant business on a small scale.
3)She can rent a shop & start making women's hair of all kinds
4)She can start frying bons,small chops,spring rolls,samosa etc.
5)she can open a provision store on a small scale.
Let me just stop here,just to let u know there 1001 things she can do with that money.

Noted.
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by GoldenChiddy: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by twinskenny(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
LeanonGOD:
May the Good Lord, the God of multiplication Bless your mother ABUNDANTLY - in good health and long life she will (by GOD's Grace) enjoy the fruits of her labour in Jesus Almighty Name.

Amen thank you very much
that means alot
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by EKOSuperior(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
Wow! When I was reading this news I was praying it should be this woman because I once supervised a site she was working. I thank God she is the one very hard working woman.
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by jaheymezz(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
jimony30:
At least appreciate. See Mugu Dey talk
are you normal...... was I talking to your father?
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Decryptor(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Just 200k? him no fit employ her after she don burn?

Na you go pour her petrol burn her?

Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Kendroid: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2017
kokoA:
hah! You never jam .. Those Ezzaa women from Ebonyi are the strongest set of women I've seen in my life.
You are right bro, they might be the strongest in the world sef!!
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by cossyjay: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2017
achi4u:
OK. Okenwunne oto-nwedu iwhe le me. Together we can push Ebonyi to the great height.
nice one bro, Ebonyi my lovely state
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by GoldenChiddy: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) by Sammye(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Pregnant woman mixing concrete? Hmm. And full fledged youths opt for illegal means of survival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Result Sheets Mistakenly Taken To FCT, While Lagos Own Taken To Kwara / Saraki Factor, PDP May Decide New Senate President In June / Festus Keyamo Resumes Office As Minister Of State, Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.