Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (100878 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / David Ibiyeomie Welcomes Bishop Oyedepo As He Dedicates CIA / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
davodyguy:
Interesting.

To be honest, 1 billion naira cost looks exaggerated. This building is not worth more 350-400million.

No way near a billion

If you add the price of the land it would reach one billion. Remember the location is VGC. A land of that size would go for 500-800 million, then when you add the cost of building you've gotten your 1billion.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Desyner: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
NotU:
long term investment
What about Bill Gates?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by sinceraconcept(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
zionmde:
wow
This is so amazing
That member will never ever run dry in his life again.
He has secured his life, the life of his kids, the lives of his grandchildren because he built a house for a God that remembers the good works of a servant and blesses even up to his 10th generations.
Many will say he is foolish, but can a man who made so much money be that foolish as not to know the right place to invest his money?

Let me see wat those our tithe our offering bla bla bla haters will have to say
keep fooling yourself. the person is a pastor. and how can a pastor build such of not for tithes? that's how pastors are making so much money and upon all,they can't help hungry Nigerians upon all the churches we have in Nigeria . when have you ever gone to church without getting a seat? churches are too much in Nigeria,empowerment and saving lives is what we need,not churches that would keep brainwashing more people. the more the churches,the more backward the country gets. how many churches are in Dubai,America,Saudi,Tokyo,etc? yeye

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by davodyguy: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
asdfjklhaha:

If you add the price of the land it would reach one billion. Remember the location is VGC. A land of that size would go for 500-800 million, then when you add the cost of building you've gotten your 1billion.
If the land is up to 5000 square metres, then it may be worth 1 billion i.e Land +building. Only building can't be more than 400million.

The news made it look as if the cost of built is 1 billion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
KaLuCh:

Una go just dey talk rubbish.
th beggar mentality of Nigerians is one reason Nigeria is where it is today. Must a rich man give you money for school fees! Why didn't your father strive to become the rich man? Mysteries are always foolish to the carnal man!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Desyner: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
HeyCorleone:
1 billion.

Imagine if that money had been used for some reasonable project that would directly affect the lives of Nigerians. As it is now, its only function is as a reference point when jobless youths are debating which church is the richest.

I believe God blesses anybody anywhere. It doesn't have to be in a multimillion naira building. So all this is simply needless.
Needless just Bill gate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by sinceraconcept(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
zionmde:
wow
This is so amazing
That member will never ever run dry in his life again.
He has secured his life, the life of his kids, the lives of his grandchildren because he built a house for a God that remembers the good works of a servant and blesses even up to his 10th generations.
Many will say he is foolish, but can a man who made so much money be that foolish as not to know the right place to invest his money?

Let me see wat those our tithe our offering bla bla bla haters will have to say
so,this is all Christianity preaches? I now see the reason why many Christians are ritualist and looters. so,if you steal money or do money rituals,you can build a big church and you will never run dry? I see why there are more ritualist pastors these days because Christianity supports getting money anyhow and cleaning it by building big church

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
Desyner:
God bless you. What do we say about Bill Gates and other philanthropist who do out equivalent of billion in dollar per year?
We are talking about hundreds of billion naira equivalent here.
people that haven't experienced God's blessing will keep talking poo. They should go to South Korea where individuals attend services in their private jets.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by zionmde: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
sinceraconcept:
keep fooling yourself. the person is a pastor. and how can a pastor build such of not for tithes? that's how pastors are making so much money and upon all,they can't help hungry Nigerians upon all the churches we have in Nigeria . when have you ever gone to church without getting a seat? churches are too much in Nigeria,empowerment and saving lives is what we need,not churches that would keep brainwashing more people. the more the churches,the more backward the country gets. how many churches are in Dubai,America,Saudi,Tokyo,etc? yeye
Said by a muslim
It pisses me off wen a muslim quotes me on a Christian topic wen i cant comment on Islamic threads.
Now back off before i start dissecting the story of Mohammad and aisha. If u dont need that story dont quote my comment again on a Christianity-related thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
davodyguy:

If the land is up to 5000 square metres, then it may be worth 1 billion i.e Land +building. Only building can't be more than 400million.

The news made it look as if the cost of built is 1 billion
I believe when they said building the price of the land was added. You can't build unless you've acquired a land. So after building, one can conclude that the total cost (land inclusive) was added then they arrived at 1billion.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Josh44s:

Nobody, I repeat nobody in his/her senses will do that with Hard earned money. Another lost soul

Mind you I am a Christian before you shout Muslim.
that you haven't experienced this type of blessings doesn't mean some have not. Stop judging people based on your sordid standards

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
pocohantas:
That person done turn shareholder for Winner Chapel Plc... grin
the man no even reach
NwaIgboBoy:
Buh one billion naira can settle some less privilagers........ I H N!!!!
some less privilege can also seek God and understand the deep things of God to secure this wealth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by sinceraconcept(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Lalas247:
Wow! That’s a big building
Only one man did this ... impressive
a man trying to buy heaven with a billion. anything goes in christianity. loot money,bring it to church and you will speak on the podium. Do money ritual,use 0.1% of the money to build a big church etc

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by zionmde: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
Venerable612:

Are you a Christian sir?

How does building a temple/church secure his life and generation?

Perhaps you should mention earthly prosperity and heavenly if he is lucky to make heaven. People just think God is interested in all these show of wealth. Eniyan wo oju, Olorun nwo Okan.
Go and read how God responded to David in 2 sam 7:1-29 for just thinking of building him a temple. I wonder wen building God a church suddenly became an earthly show of wealth.
And let me return ur question
Are u a Christian?
Do u worship under the sun on sundays?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
gbosaa:

A man who isn’t a Nigerian politician built a 1000 seat capacity church. That is commendable. Praise God.

It will also be highly commendable if this same man can build a factory that will at least employ one quarter of that church’s capacity.That’s 250 people. I believe the Good Lord will bless him the more if he does that.
how do you know he doesn't have a factory or multinational cooperation? Na wa oo but you guys are quick to follow freeze that is an "employee" of cool FM and in debts lmao. I see why Nigeria is still "Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Jolonjolo:
I receive grace to build a church worth billions for God in my life time. Grace to push this gospel to the next generation. Thank you Jesus
so shall it be!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by zionmde: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
sinceraconcept:
so,this is all Christianity preaches? I now see the reason why many Christians are ritualist and looters. so,if you steal money or do money rituals,you can build a big church and you will never run dry? I see why there are more ritualist pastors these days because Christianity supports getting money anyhow and cleaning it by building big church
Am warning for the last time back off my mention before i start dissecting the life of ur prophet. I still remember how soft and armature the vaginna of a 9yr old looks like then i wonder how a prophet will close his eyes and destroy it. back off.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by sisisioge: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
It is well...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Bodmas94(m): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
spongeisback:
Most DEFINITELY built by a POLITICIAN as a favor. Should this sort of project be applauded in a time like this when Nigeria is going below the poverty line? What happened to building industries?! Come on this is a huge WASTE. We don't lack churches in Nigeria heck in a small close with 5-6 houses you will see upto 3 different churches. We lack businesses,factories,health centers not churches. This churches OWE Nigerians this! It's their social responsibility. They act like parasites only taking not even contributing to their hosts.
Well said....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
Stupid church goers.

They should keep building churches instead of hospitals. Go to any Government Hospital around you and see members of Living Faith Church unable to pay their hospital bills.

The day I got the opportunity of seeing the Incorporated Trustees form of Living Faith Church made me understand the scam involved. The trustees are Bishop Oyedepo, his wife, his son and one other Bishop.

Let them keep fooling those willing to be fooled. For me, I'll read my Bible and let the Holy Spirit speak to me directly. If I'm wrong, it's between me and my God on judgment day.
who were you expecting to be the trustee.... . Every Citizen of Nigeria?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
majekdom2:
how do you know he doesn't have a factory or multinational cooperation? Na wa oo but you guys are quick to follow freeze that is an "employee" of cool FM and in debts lmao. I see why Nigeria is still "Nigeria"

We have enough churches and mosques to go round but not enough factories and industries.

I can close my eyes and stumble into any church in Nigeria but I’ll need more than google and job finder to find an industry or factory advertising for job.

People need job and that should be the priority not news about somebody building and donating a 1000 seater church.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
whitestar01:
Oyedepo is an evil prophet from kingdom of darkness. I have known him with all kinds of evil such as: covetousness,lust, lies , blasphemy, heresy , spritual mass murder, idolatry, worldliness, wickedness etc.
grin but yet the church is marching on. Over the next 5 years, you will see more mega millionaires arise in this church. We know the secret, we know wetin we dey do. Come make we teach you. You either learn or keep complaining forever!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by zionmde: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
Organs:

Misplaced priorities. Mr chairman, there are Nigerians, kids, 3,4,5 year olds that are hungry and homeless in Nigeria, and some are even ostracized and termed witches. There are 12,13,14 year old nigerian girls sold into prostitution and some are houseboys and housegirls working for oga madam house till 1 a.m and gets up to continue at 4.30 a.m. Also, there are people needing 1M for surgery to just stay alive and live life and most probably will die for not having it. Also, there might be workers working for the man that built this church collecting N 30 K per month and begging for it to be increased to N40K, and he will refuse that he has projects needing money. Let's keep deceiving ourselves with religiosity and hope and praise while the society continues in its downward decay.
Wen Solomon sacrificed a thousand rams and sheeps to God, many Israelites were suffering in hunger, Wen Mary poured a very costly oil on the feet of Jesus, many beggars were on the streets, wen Solomon built a temple of gold to God, there were many beggars in Israel. That is the bible Christians believe so watever u re saying is in ur pocket as long as it doesn't have biblical back up.

Ur reps bought over 300 cars, A governor built a stadium worth billions, u watch and celebrate football matches played on pitches worth several billions and u enjoy urself but once it comes to the things of God, u remember u have the poor
Are u one of those the devil is using?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Josh44s(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
majekdom2:
that you haven't experienced this type of blessings doesn't mean some have not. Stop judging people based on your sordid standards

U azzholes just don’t get it do u? N1bn nor be beans. Before the likes of Dangote will donate such to build a mosque, some form of investment will be given to him as compensation. Guy park well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by sinceraconcept(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
zionmde:

Am warning for the last time back off my mention before i start dissecting the life of ur prophet. I still remember how soft and armature the vaginna of a 9yr old looks like then i wonder how a prophet will close his eyes and destroy it. back off.
did I mention Jesus? I have lot of respect for Isaah(Jesus) but since you have no regard for Jesus,you place Oyedepo and Adeboye ahead of him,then you can lie against other prophets and the messenger of God. Check yourself,you've gone far,you regard daddy GOs as God just like many Christians of your type we have today. is it hope you've not started the foot path of your daddy GO

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
segunokiki:
It only poverty that will make u think one pastor is eating ur tithe somewhere..
lols. Poverty is spirit from the kingdom of hell. Until someone on the right quadrant i.e business owner or investor comes to dispute religious givings. It remains valid.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by yhemster(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
Stupid church goers.

They should keep building churches instead of hospitals. Go to any Government Hospital around you and see members of Living Faith Church unable to pay their hospital bills.

The day I got the opportunity of seeing the Incorporated Trustees form of Living Faith Church made me understand the scam involved. The trustees are Bishop Oyedepo, his wife, his son and one other Bishop.

Let them keep fooling those willing to be fooled. For me, I'll read my Bible and let the Holy Spirit speak to me directly. If I'm wrong, it's between me and my God on judgment day.

Jah bless you bro. I have been looking for this information for almost a decade. I tell people same thing but they think I'm a fool/hater. Please, if you can access similar info abt universities under the church let me know bro.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
ogtavia:
we need re-orientation in this country because we have lost direction and have ended up with misplaced priorities...a 1 billion Naira church where only the rich will feel comfortable attending or at least a 500million Naira enterprise that will employ the common man on the streets and make him a useful part of the society....you choose...let it be known that God is not moved by material things...he judges the intention of a man's heart... this is not a guarantee that he will make heaven...it is also not a reason why God will bless more than he already has....A #1billion Naira church and some myopic people are refusing to see big picture....My country My country...
he judges from the heart and giving to the poor or needy does not mean it came from the heart either or he will make heaven. The man only knows why he did it, leave it to God and him!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by zionmde: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
sinceraconcept:
did I mention Jesus? I have lot of respect for Isaah(Jesus) but since you have no regard for Jesus,you place Oyedepo and Adeboye ahead of him,then you can lie against other prophets and the messenger of God. Check yourself,you've gone far,you regard daddy GOs as God just like many Christians of your type we have today. is it hope you've not started the foot path of your daddy GO
U shouldn't have any business on Christianity-related threads.
If u cant defend how ur prophet enjoyed penetrating a little 9yr old kid whom he should be buying biscuits and sweets for and not forcing his dirty stick into her, then back off
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Jolonjolo: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
majekdom2:
so shall it be!

AMEN!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=majekdom2 post=62229334] rather than lamenting and begging to be helped, why don't you get closer to understand this mysteries. There are individuals God ha blessed that are controlling billions and have several industries... they are all over. Stop begging for fish, seek to catch fishes.[/quotme] mystery ko let's be sincere monies like dis can build factories to employ pple....bin wealthy most times Na principles not Hw u pray aftal sm atheist rich pass wetin we sabi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? / TB Joshua's Simple Sitting Room (Photos) / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.