Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27274 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

hahahahaha, you said Ikorodu was Yoruba name, I ask you the meaning you turn deaf & dumb, abeg nonsense dey smell, Yorubas are landgrabbers, Eko is a no mans land
Mumu Ikorodu is an Ijebu Land everybody knows that, but i am not an indigene so i do not know how the name came about, if you ask me the meaning of Ondo or Oyo or Ekiti i do not know even if am Yoruba. Not every name has a direct meaning. Maybe you should tell me the meaning of Ebonyi and Anambra
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by mercyville: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

How much of their 'country' can they get back? Their country has moved on and they have been left behind. No one is saying Yorubas should not play politics in Lagos; politics all Yoruba know how to do, so by all mean go ahead. But realize there is limit to any politics Yoruba can play. Like those who voted Trump to take back their country are failing, same fate await anyone who plays politics with the intention of returning Lagos back to stone age - failure of abysmal proportion. Such individual(s) or group are best served chasing shadows, they have better chance catching shadows than returning Lagos to a predominant Yoruba enclave.

Now you folks keep asking Igbos to forget Biafra and move on. Please take a page from your book. Lagos was a Yoruba City; Lagos is now a Nigerian city. It belongs to all, and it belongs to no one. Lagos is now No-man's Land. Forget Lagos and move on. Resistance is not only futile, but retrogressive.

Does shouting on the internet change the fact Lagos is a Yorubaland?Yorubas are the majority group in Lagos, Yorubas have obas in almost all communities in Lagos,all festivals in Lagos are Yoruba oriented,almost all streets,roads etc are yoruba,the state house of assembly's reps speak Yoruba every Thursday,Yoruba language has been made compulsory in all schools,radio Lagos runs its programs mostly in Yoruba,govs and their vices had always been Yorubas,the lands that were soldto non Yorubas and Yorubas would revert back to their yoruba owners in 99 years if they have c of o,most industries in Lagos are Yoruba owned except the petty buying and selling, most developers in Lagos are Yorubas.And you still think that Lagos is not Yorubaland?You should see a shrink if you think Yorubas will give their land away,sir.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

You are deceiving yourself, the names show that the indigenous people are not Yoruba, since Yorubas can't interprete their names, useless landgrabbing oshogbo migrants
Ok even if you ask me the meaning of Oshogbo, i dont know the meaning, Ikorodu is Ijebu land no need arguing with you, its a fact not subject to argument or maybe Ijebu people are now Igbos maybe you should tell me.

What is the meaning of Anambra and Ebonyi
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by vaxx: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
I disagree with Femi Okunnu on this; He is telling us the history of this land that I sit from 1861.

I am a researcher and there is compelling historical evidence pre-1800 that shows that the Portuguese were here long before the British showed up and battled the Portuguese as world power that they were and bullied the Portuguese out of this land.

Mr. Lekki, Mr. Fulo, Mr. Badagry and so many other guys from Portugal I prefer not to mention used this place as a slavehub in the 1500s and 1600s long before the Britons showed up. So, let us tell the history of Lagos, a Portuguese word, in truth. No one is interested in displacing the Yorubas, neither are the Yorubas trying to displace any other people. It is impossible, because even looking at it, Yoruba is not major language spoken in today's Lagos. It is English and Yorubas are not the majority of the tribes in Lagos, it is a cosmo-politan town.

Mr. Lekki, I have been to the village he ruled and use as Slave harbour and he gave instruction to be buried standing after the British stopped his slave merchant business and he refused to go back to Portugal, but his son did come after some years to exhume and cut off his head and take to Portugal.

Like I said, I research these things as I try to be very close to Indegenous people in order to find out the mystery behind attempts by successful leaderships of the world to destroy indigenous people, be it Aborigenes, Tibetans, Biafrans, Oduduwas etc

We must accept the fact that after the Bini people who camp here defeated the Ile Ife fishermen who also come to fish at the oceans and took over and named this place Eko, the Portugese slave merchant when they arrived called it Lagos. It was a free open place. But since the Yorubas dorminated the periphery of the place, it was only the possibility that when Nigiritia or Southern Soudan became Nigeria after amalgation of the diverse protectorates to eliminate the final strong-hold of the portugese, politics was in the hands of the people and the Yorubas were educated enough to migrate from their neighbouring villages to the seat of power from their nearby locale and concentrate in Lagos. If that is how Femi Okunnu come to his conclusion that Yorubas own Lagos, then he is right, but the word should be, that Yorubas were the highest the highest in population at a certain stage in the early days of Lagos and so may have had dorminant interest.

Lagos belongs to anyone who can afford a piece of her, but it is owned by the person that created the land and that person happens to live in every LandLord in this growing town.

Lagos is not a Yoruba State, it belongs to all. No emotion will stop this truth.

I will continue to tell the true story about this town using the true facts available, which I personally investigate as my curiosity drifts from one thing to the other in my continuous probe to becoming the greatest version of myself, God.
I wanted to ignore this post as usual just like I use to ignore your post on religious section.... But for the sake of those who are here to learn, I shall shed few light on the matter that adequately disagree with you..but it is the Truth.....

Eko ile is Yoruba word from the grammer oko (farm) or camp(war camp) this name can be traced to 15 century when the awori, the fishermen and the hunter first settle in the place ........over 650 years reign is a enough to liberate the land.....

There is a different between lagos state and lagos Portuguese.... Lagos state was created in 1965 as part of a nation called Nigeria.......in this sense lagos state belongs to every Nigeria citizens regardless of your tribe just like abuja, Enugu or kano belong to Yoruba or igbo, hausa respectively.......

Lagos Portuguese, it is the center area of the lagoon on the bright of Benin and the gulf of Guinea which was pre occupied by the Portuguese before the arrival of British, this city original Portuguese name was onim that name was formerly abandon in favor of the word lagos city....this city was annexed in 1861 under British government.......

The modern lagos city....

Lagos city lingual franca is yoruba not English....

Lagos city dominant population is still yoruba ......for every households of any yoruba family, there is one or two representive of them in lagos city......

current lagos state belongs to Nigerians as a nation, but yoruba as a tribe ......

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Ok even if you ask me the meaning of Oshogbo, i dont know the meaning, Ikorodu is Ijebu land no need arguing with you, its a fact not subject to argument or maybe Ijebu people are now Igbos maybe you should tell me.

What is the meaning of Anambra and Ebonyi
How am I supposed to know? Do I speak Igbo?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

How much of their 'country' can they get back? Their country has moved on and they have been left behind. No one is saying Yorubas should not play politics in Lagos; politics all Yoruba know how to do, so by all mean go ahead. But realize there is limit to any politics Yoruba can play. Like those who voted Trump to take back their country are failing, same fate await anyone who plays politics with the intention of returning Lagos back to stone age - failure of abysmal proportion. Such individual(s) or group are best served chasing shadows, they have better chance catching shadows than returning Lagos to a predominant Yoruba enclave.

Now you folks keep asking Igbos to forget Biafra and move on. Please take a page from your book. Lagos was a Yoruba City; Lagos is now a Nigerian city. It belongs to all, and it belongs to no one. Lagos is now No-man's Land. Forget Lagos and move on. Resistance is not only futile, but retrogressive.
Lagos state is a state like any other state in Nigeria that does not have any special status attached to it and and will remain so until the constitution say otherwise. it will also continue to operate like every other indigenous state in Nigeria, reason the State assembly adopted the yoruba language officially to be taught in all schools. The state assembly will continue to make laws that will rubber stamp that status as far as the indigenes who are represented in the state assembly are okay with it. We can whine and shout online, it will not change anything. Tinubu and his cronies were politically naive initially but they have all realized that as Lagos economy expands, they also have a duty to uphold the cultural heritage. Watch out as the politicians starts to do their manoveurs cos they have now realized that their so called friends are not too many. Don't think the fate that befall the Hausas who allow the fulani minority to dominate them will happen in Lagos or any other south west state. lessons have been learnt from the past and the yorubas are way too smart for that.

Don't use your biafra ish loss to try and contend for Lagos, you will loose again cos you folks are not very good political strategists, not everything is buying land or trading, life is way beyond that bruv

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

How am I supposed to know?
You see how Foolish you are, so you yourself can't tell me the meaning of Ebonyi and Anambra and you want me to tell you the meaning of Ikorodu. No need arguing over Lagos, Lagos is Igboland. let us rest

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by KemjikaEme: 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
The man was even addressing the Oba of Lagos yet these silly tribalistic Yoruba bigots still find the need to drag Igbos without any justification.
I keep telling Igbos that the Hausa/Fulanis don't really hate Igbos and they are always vocal about any prejudice they may hold against Igbos.
But the greatest enemy of the Igbo man is the Yoruba race. They always think we are in a rat race with them. Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
mercyville:

Does shouting on the internet change the fact Lagos is a Yorubaland?Yorubas are the majority group in Lagos, Yorubas have obas in almost all communities in Lagos,all festivals in Lagos are Yoruba oriented,almost all streets,roads etc are yoruba,the state house of assembly's reps speak Yoruba every Thursday,Yoruba language has been made compulsory in all schools,radio Lagos runs its programs mostly in Yoruba,govs and their vices had always been Yorubas,the lands that were soldto non Yorubas and Yorubas would revert back to their yoruba owners in 99 years if they have c of o,most industries in Lagos are Yoruba owned except the petty buying and selling, most developers in Lagos are Yorubas.And you still think that Lagos is not Yorubaland?You should see a shrink if you think Yorubas will give their land away,sir.

You don't know who is majority is Lagos. Do you have census figure to substantiate your claim? Or we should just accept it because you said so?
Please we enjoy those Yoruba festival, they are great. It shows Yoruba as still very much represented in Lagos, and we are happy for that. I hope they are not doing those festival as full time job as that could be problematic. Yoruba can have Yoruba language learnt in school; I speak Yoruba more than several Yorubas myself. I'm yet to see how that benefit Yorubas.

99 years is a long time. Perhaps then, Ogun will be the new frontier, or you think tide, time and space will freeze for 99 years?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
mercyville:
I enjoyed your write up.Kudos.I have some questions.. why did you say that the Yorubas are not the majority group in Lagos,do you know that Yorubas have obas in almost all communities in Lagos,all festivals in Lagos are Yoruba oriented,almost all streets,roads etc are yoruba,the state house of assembly's reps speak Yoruba every Thursday,Yoruba language has been made compulsory in all schools,radio Lagos runs its programs mostly in Yoruba,govs and their vices had always been Yorubas,the lands that were sold to you would revert back to their yoruba owners in 99 years if you have c of o,most industries in Lagos are Yoruba owned except the petty buying and selling, most developers in Lagos are Yorubas...pls,do you still think that Lagos is not Yorubaland?Thanks.

Mercyville,

We must first of all drop all bias to make any head way in our discussions. I am not the enemy of the Yorubas, because I am not tribal in my opinions, but I notice that I constantly defend the indigenous people of any tribe from political and religion mind-control programs of the overlords. I will like to learn Yoruba, and mind you if speaking Yoruba is your yardstick of being Yoruba, then you can see how porous and easy it is to become Yoruba, cos I know the Yoruba story and the Lagos History and Lekki history more than an average Lagosian, so if I am to learn and speak Yoruba fluently, I could become a governor of Lagos in no distant future, because I will totally mix up with indigenous people that you will hardly know I am not Yoruba, I know your history more than you. Because I spend time there buying every piece of Land I can afford in this wonderful growing cosmolitan town, and I am buying 2 acres next week as a matter of fact.

Language is a programming mechanism of the universe, so it was natural for a people who speak similar cosmic programming language, of which Yoruba is just one of them, to gather together, live together, intermarry among themselves and farm together, fish together and worship their ancestors and their Gods together. That is how Tribe was birthed, just for unionism and defence against external aggression which was popular those days.

We are living in a brand new generation and tribe is no longer relevant. So, having known this truth, I was purged of tribalism, cos I stepped outside the Time-Space Continuum almost always, and speak the mind of Extra-Terrestrial Entities and Gods.

Do you know why the tribal elders sell the land so cheap and quick to primary buyers ?

I will tell you the answer, even though you did not think of this question; The answer is that they know they didnt create this land, they saw it and they cut nature's land and keep selling it. In fact, it is people who own Title to Land, that are the real original owner. If a tribal community, sales what it didnt buy but inherited, I believe a part of them is happy cos it is 'awoof' money, cos he didnt buy or didnt create the land.

I buy the Land, and I own Title and although the Government has no right to hoard the land and issue Titles except the indigenous communities, we still try to recognize the government as a legitimate force given the unpredictable and barbaric nature of some communities leaders and their Army of Omo onile gangs.

Having stated the above; the 99 years specified is a global affair and may be you thought it is just in Lagos, it is not and it is never enforced and will never be enforced because the Lords of the Land, the landlords own the first right of refusal and no governor survives up to 99yrs in power to enforce such laws, neither does any governor have or will ever have the political muscle to revoke such, because purchase of land is done by communities, the governments are just there to show the political leadership.

Do not be fooled by the minions who use that as the basis of arguments because every State has that 99 yrs clause if not less, but has never been enforced, will never be enforced and is satanic and criminal to think of.

If that was the basis of your reference to Lagos as a Yoruba land, I think that is a strawmann's argument and holds no water at all for ever and ever.

Try and work hard enough to buy into Lagos land, Nature is not creating new land, what ever you hold now is yours and yours alone to keep. And transfer to your next generations.

Na we hold the ground here.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

You see how Foolish you are, so you yourself can't tell me the meaning of Ebonyi and Anambra and you want me to tell you the meaning of Ikorodu. No need arguing over Lagos, Lagos is Igboland. let us rest
I know Nigeria has educated you that there are only three tribes but wake the f up this is 2017, I'm Ijaw like the former president so I don't know what anambra means

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

No please.

Both Yoruba and non-Yoruba buy land from in Lagos. But everyone has a price. If you are ready to pay over the top for a piece of real estate and are ready to pay quickly, it usually sway the seller.

Secondly, it make little or no sense to limit your potential market (as land seller) to a specific group of people. You may end up selling cheap or dying of hunger. So if land owners say they won't sell to non-yorubas, we'll see how that goes when the wad is padded!

life is way beyond trading bruv, if not by now Dangote would have bought over Arsenal club or you think he can't buy it for any price they want to offer it? Things don't work that way all the time, if not by now the Lagos state would have taken over the National stadium, National theater and other FG properties or you think Lagos state does not have the money or individuals? Why is the FG refusing to even allow the state govt do some roads? Everything in life does not revolve around commerce alone and by the way currently, it's now difficult to get c of o right now in Lagos, you think the govt does not want to make money again?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

I know Nigeria has educated you that there are only three tribes but wake the f up this is 2017, I'm Ijaw like the former president so I don't know what anambra means
good What does Yenegoa and Bayelsa mean
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

Lagos state is a state like any other state in Nigeria that does not have any special status attached to it and and will remain so until the constitution say otherwise. it will also continue to operate like every other indigenous state in Nigeria, reason the State assembly adopted the yoruba language officially to be taught in all schools. The state assembly will continue to make laws that will rubber stamp that status as far as the indigenes who are represented in the state assembly are okay with it. We can whine and shout online, it will not change anything. Tinubu and his cronies were politically naive initially but they have all realized that as Lagos economy expands, they also have a duty to uphold the cultural heritage. Watch out as the politicians starts to do their manoveurs cos they have now realized that their so called friends are not too many. Don't think the fate that befall the Hausas who allow the fulani minority to dominate them will happen in Lagos or any other south west state. lessons have been learnt from the past and the yorubas are way too smart for that.

Don't use your biafra ish loss to try and contend for Lagos, you will loose again cos you folks are not very good political strategists, not everything is buying land or trading, life is way beyond that bruv

So you agree that the Constitution can change the fate of Lagos? Do you also agree that SW cannot save Lagos from the Constitution if other Nigerians think Lagos need to change status for sake of Nigeria?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
@nengibo answer me i am waiting for the meaning of Bayelsa and Yenegoa.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

life is way beyond trading bruv, if not by now Dangote would have bought over Arsenal club or you think he can't buy it for any price they want to offer it? Things don't work that way all the time, if not by now the Lagos state would have taken over the National stadium, National theater and other FG properties or you think Lagos state does not have the money or individuals? Why is the FG refusing to even allow the state govt do some roads? Everything in life does not revolve around commerce alone and by the way currently, it's now difficult to get c of o right now in Lagos, you think the govt does not want to make money again?

Pride and prejudice will fade, in the end cash is King.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

So you agree that the Constitution can change the fate of Lagos? Do you also agree that SW cannot save Lagos from the Constitution if other Nigerians think Lagos need to change status for sake of Nigeria?

And you think anyone can change the constitution to the disadvantage of the yorubas? This is where the political games will be played, the senators from lagos asked for a special status for lagos, the senators from the se team up with their counterparts from the north to shout it down, no hard feelings, then next the se senators brought a bill for a special dev fund for the se and wanted everyone including the sw senators to support the bill and we all know how the bill was thrown away. Any change in the constitution that will not favour the sw will not see the light of the day trust me, shout from today till tomorrow, politics will always decide whatever change. You think the north is stupid for making sure they are always on top of any political games in Nigeria, they know that's what will decide commerce or trade. Do you see northerners struggling with the yorubas for land, commerce or other assets in lagos? They know where the actual battle is and they go there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
vaxx:
I wanted to ignore this post as usual just like I use to ignore your post on religious section.... But for the sake of those who are here to learn, I shall shed few light on the matter that adequately disagree with you..but it is the Truth.....

Eko ile is Yoruba word from the grammer oko (farm) or camp(war camp) this name can be traced to 15 century when the awori, the fishermen and the hunter first settle in the place ........over 650 years reign is a enough to liberate the land.....

There is a different between lagos state and lagos Portuguese.... Lagos state was created in 1965 as part of a nation called Nigeria.......in this sense lagos state belongs to every Nigeria citizens regardless of your tribe just like abuja, Enugu or kano belong to Yoruba or igbo, hausa respectively.......

Lagos Portuguese, it is the center area of the lagoon on the bright of Benin and the gulf of Guinea which was pre occupied by the Portuguese before the arrival of British, this city original Portuguese name was onim that name was formerly abandon in favor of the word lagos city....this city was annexed in 1861 under British government.......

The modern lagos city....

Lagos city lingual franca is yoruba not English....

Lagos city dominant population is still yoruba ......for every households of any yoruba family, there is one or two representive of them in lagos city......

current lagos state belongs to Nigerians as a nation, but yoruba as a tribe ......

You are wrong. 100% wrong.

The Yoruba and the Bini (Benin) languages are offshoots of each other, because you guys are ancestral cousins who love to fight each other.
Eko is a Bini language and if you want to add ile to it, then you should know that Ile means House or Home...right ? So, you can not allow such opinion to control your mind. You need to stop reading half-baked history of people like Femi Okunnu who tell stories he read as opposed to the story being told by the indigenous Yoruba people.

I go into the trenches and I dine with the real original indigenous people and someday, I will tell the story of Mr. Lekki and Mr. Badagry, these are Portuguese people, and if Mr. Badagry owned the expanse bordering Seme Border end of Lagos and Mr. Lekki owned the other extreme which borders Ondo State after the Fulo communities, which Lagos are you talking about ?

Please do not confuse nairalanders with your factless right up. I am a friend of the Yorubas and I dine with them more than you guys who abandon your indigenous people. I defend Indigenous people in all my discussions.

Please be guided.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Pride and prejudice will fade, in the end cash is King.
cash has its limits, if not atiku will be President by now and obj would have gotten third term easily. How much cash does PMB have?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

And you think anyone can change the constitution to the disadvantage of the yorubas? This is where the political games will be played, the senators from lagos asked for a special status for lagos, the senators from the se team up with their counterparts from the north to shout it down, no hard feelings, then next the se senators brought a bill for a special dev fund for the se and wanted everyone including the sw senators to support the bill and we all know how the bill was thrown away. Any change in the constitution that will not favour the sw will not see the light of the day trust me, shout from today till tomorrow, politics will always decide whatever change. You think the north is stupid for making sure they are always on top of any political games in Nigeria, they know that's what will decide commerce or trade. Do you see northerners struggling with the yorubas for land, commerce or other assets in lagos? They know where the actual battle is and they go there

Time and chance bro time and chance.

We (North and South) are monitoring your moves in Lagos. If and when you make such moves that threatens the interest of other Nigerians in Lagos, that is when you'll realize that national politics is different from the sufferstication you guys indulge in as politics!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

cash has its limits, if not atiku will be President by now and obj would have gotten third term easily. How much cash does PMB have?

Obj and Atiku failure is not same as failure of cash. After God money answereth all things!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Time and chance dear time and chance.

We (North and South) are monitoring your moves in Lagos. If and when you make such moves that threatens the interest of other Nigerians in Lagos, that is when you'll realize that national politics is different from the sufferstication you guys indulge in as politics!

forget that thing, have people not been deported from Lagos? did heaven fall? in the past two days, okada riders have been dealt with in Lagos, who de monitor who? monitor what people are doing for the best of their own land? who is monitoring them in akwa-ibom, who is monitoring them in rivers, this is a federation and every state will continue to function in the best interest of their indigenes.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Obj and Atiku failure is not same as failure of cash. After God money answereth all things!
cash fail those men big time, make we no lie here, let me add one more, if it was cash, bode george no go land jail. Cash de fail man bruv
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

good What does Yenegoa and Bayelsa mean
The name, Bayelsa, is an acronym of three former Local Government areas – Brass, Yenagoa and Sagbama. Stop shifting post from lagos
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

forget that thing, have people not been deported from Lagos? did heaven fall? in the past two days, okada riders have been dealt with in Lagos, who de monitor who? monitor what people are doing for the best of their own land? who is monitoring them in akwa-ibom, who is monitoring them in rivers, this is a federation and every state will continue to function in the best interest of their indigenes.

You revel in skirmishes and small victories, and you form sophistication. Good luck man!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

The name, Bayelsa, is an acronym of three former Local Government areas – Brass, Yenagoa and Sagbama. Stop shifting post from lagos
Nobody is shifting goal post just telling you some names don't have direct meaning. Ikorodu is an Ijebu territory go there and see people speaking Ijebu dialects on the street but I don't know the meaning of Ikorodu , I don't know the meaning of Oshogbo, Ekiti.

So you want to also contest Ikorodu with Ijebus now (Yorubas)

Tell me the meaning of Yenegoa
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Orpe7(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
FLAT HEADS WILL NOT LIKE THIS grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

You revel in skirmishes and small victories, and you form sophistication. Good luck man!

Good luck to you bruv, I must admit, I enjoy this conversation with you and we both know it's not intended to hurt any of us, this is how to engage each other when it comes to issues of national importance. It's not about who is right or wrong but to deepen our sense of nationalism and co-existence. Have a great weekend, I look forward to more of this kind of engagement
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by PointB: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

Good luck to you bruv, I must admit, I enjoy this conversation with you and we both know it's not intended to hurt any of us, this is how to engage each other when it comes to issues of national importance. It's not about who is right or wrong but to deepen our sense of nationalism and co-existence. Have a great weekend, I look forward to more of this kind of engagement

My pleasure.

At least we have a better understanding of the dynamics and possibilities. And fortunately no insults was traded. But I must insist we all own Lagos now - You and I. And we must grow it as home for all.

Nice day bro.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Nobody is shifting goal post just telling you some names don't have direct meaning. Ikorodu is an Ijebu territory go there and see people speaking Ijebu dialects on the street but I don't know the meaning of Ikorodu , I don't know the meaning of Oshogbo, Ekiti.

So you want to also contest Ikorodu with Ijebus now (Yorubas)

Tell me the meaning of Yenegoa

egbon e don do make we leave matter for matthias, I think the message is clear, inasmuch as we want to coe-exist, everybody should contnue to answer im papa name so that our children do not loose sight of their true identity like the average african american who is still annoyed with his ancestors who sold his grandparents all in the name of slave trade
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by walexsho(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom.

That's a fact the yorubas can never erase.

Thank you Oba Akinolu for saying the truth
Do you know how many Yoruba land you have to cross when you leave Benin before getting to Lagos.
http://adwalay..com.ng/2017/07/history-of-lagos-state-pre-benin_19.html?m=1
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by T9ksy(m): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Time and chance bro time and chance.

We (North and South) are monitoring your moves in Lagos . If and when you make such moves that threatens the interest of other Nigerians in Lagos, that is when you'll realize that national politics is different from the sufferstication you guys indulge in as politics!

See this mischievous olori pelebe man o! which north are you referring to? Abeg, speak for yourselves, jo. The northerners will not follow you guys to fight yorubas for lagos. In fact, have you seen or heard any northerners shouting "Lagos is no man's land"? Hell no. Even the binis who at one point in time had connection with Lagos (island) don't align with your skewed reasoning trail about who owns the city.

You guys are just too naive....always ready to wear your emotions on your sleeves thereby showing your hands to your opponents.It's not today or yesterday since we have been made aware of your covetous nature but trust me, we will always miles ahead of you lot.

Zik tried in 1951 to no avail then ojukwu tried his own in 1967 but we stopped in at Ore yet you obdurate souls just refuses to learn. keep pushing us and we will keep putting you in your place.

Better go home and turn your potopoto region to another Lagos/Jandon- that's my piece of advice to you and your fellow greedy folks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State / Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.