Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27279 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

oba said you are from Lagos?
Stop forming suffersticated.
Read the article and accept reality.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

We will nip such seed in the bud, and we will raise Nigerians consciousness of Yoruba intention to cheat the rest of us of our investments in Ports and other federal facilities in Lagos. Imagine the revenue generated in the Ports only (the only viable ports), Yorubas want to claim all for themselves? It's not gonna happen.

If and when it's time to restructure, we'll make sure Lagos is reclassify as Home for All, and outside the control of South West.

Lagos is like Oil! God gave Nigeria both; no one persons is going to have absolute control of it.

Lagos belong to Nobody; Lagos belongs to Everybody. That is why it is now - No Mans-Land!

Lol! My Ondo state has more oil than the teaspoons you produce in the SE. As a matter of fact, it's your parasitic SE region that's short-changing us. You've got no sea, arable land nor oil!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by ibedun: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

Mercyville,

We must first of all drop all bias to make any head way in our discussions. I am not the enemy of the Yorubas, because I am not tribal in my opinions, but I notice that I constantly defend the indigenous people of any tribe from political and religion mind-control programs of the overlords. I will like to learn Yoruba, and mind you if speaking Yoruba is your yardstick of being Yoruba, then you can see how porous and easy it is to become Yoruba, cos I know the Yoruba story and the Lagos History and Lekki history more than an average Lagosian, so if I am to learn and speak Yoruba fluently, I could become a governor of Lagos in no distant future, because I will totally mix up with indigenous people that you will hardly know I am not Yoruba, I know your history more than you. Because I spend time there buying every piece of Land I can afford in this wonderful growing cosmolitan town, and I am buying 2 acres next week as a matter of fact.

Language is a programming mechanism of the universe, so it was natural for a people who speak similar cosmic programming language, of which Yoruba is just one of them, to gather together, live together, intermarry among themselves and farm together, fish together and worship their ancestors and their Gods together. That is how Tribe was birthed, just for unionism and defence against external aggression which was popular those days.

We are living in a brand new generation and tribe is no longer relevant. So, having known this truth, I was purged of tribalism, cos I stepped outside the Time-Space Continuum almost always, and speak the mind of Extra-Terrestrial Entities and Gods.

Do you know why the tribal elders sell the land so cheap and quick to primary buyers ?

I will tell you the answer, even though you did not think of this question; The answer is that they know they didnt create this land, they saw it and they cut nature's land and keep selling it. In fact, it is people who own Title to Land, that are the real original owner. If a tribal community, sales what it didnt buy but inherited, I believe a part of them is happy cos it is 'awoof' money, cos he didnt buy or didnt create the land.

I buy the Land, and I own Title and although the Government has no right to hoard the land and issue Titles except the indigenous communities, we still try to recognize the government as a legitimate force given the unpredictable and barbaric nature of some communities leaders and their Army of Omo onile gangs.

Having stated the above; the 99 years specified is a global affair and may be you thought it is just in Lagos, it is not and it is never enforced and will never be enforced because the Lords of the Land, the landlords own the first right of refusal and no governor survives up to 99yrs in power to enforce such laws, neither does any governor have or will ever have the political muscle to revoke such, because purchase of land is done by communities, the governments are just there to show the political leadership.

Do not be fooled by the minions who use that as the basis of arguments because every State has that 99 yrs clause if not less, but has never been enforced, will never be enforced and is satanic and criminal to think of.

If that was the basis of your reference to Lagos as a Yoruba land, I think that is a strawmann's argument and holds no water at all for ever and ever.

Try and work hard enough to buy into Lagos land, Nature is not creating new land, what ever you hold now is yours and yours alone to keep. And transfer to your next generations.

Na we hold the ground here.

FLAT/HEAD let one of your leaders, any igbo leader that is born well, come out and say this rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

You think it's only Igbos who see your greedy moves to annex proceed from the Ports and other FG strategic investment for yourselves? You think Igbos are the only one who have problem with your schemes to exclude other citizens of the benefit of the large market that Lagos is?

Goodluck with your delusions bro, when the chips are down, we'll see how far you can go with your greedy schemes and machinations!

It's quite funny when people like you who have nothing are the first to cry. Lol

The Onne seaport and River seaports are what? Are they not working quite well? Unfortunately, Ibos has got no sea, hence no sea ports! You've got no oil as well. Or should I say the teaspoon oil you have? Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Stop forming suffersticated.
Read the article and accept reality.
Actually I don't blame you, you know. The oba is the one to be blamed cos you folks don't clearly understand the territorial boundary he truly controls. So no be your fault at all. I live in the Isheri magodo axis and that is not part of the oba"s domain. The small island, isale eko is the territory the oba controls and if he says that is part of Yoruba land, then its not my problem but the oba and those who hail from there. Where I live in Lagos is part and parcel of Yoruba land. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

Actually I don't blame you, you know. The oba is the one to be blamed cos you folks don't clearly understand the territorial boundary he truly controls. So no be your fault at all. I live in the Isheri magodo axis and that is not part of the oba"s domain. The small island, isale eko is the territory the oba controls and if he says that is part of Yoruba land, then its not my problem but the oba and those who hail from there. Where I live in Lagos is part and parcel of Yoruba land. Get it?
Read what the article says.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

Mercyville,

We must first of all drop all bias to make any head way in our discussions. I am not the enemy of the Yorubas, because I am not tribal in my opinions, but I notice that I constantly defend the indigenous people of any tribe from political and religion mind-control programs of the overlords. I will like to learn Yoruba, and mind you if speaking Yoruba is your yardstick of being Yoruba, then you can see how porous and easy it is to become Yoruba, cos I know the Yoruba story and the Lagos History and Lekki history more than an average Lagosian, so if I am to learn and speak Yoruba fluently, I could become a governor of Lagos in no distant future, because I will totally mix up with indigenous people that you will hardly know I am not Yoruba, I know your history more than you. Because I spend time there buying every piece of Land I can afford in this wonderful growing cosmolitan town, and I am buying 2 acres next week as a matter of fact.

Language is a programming mechanism of the universe, so it was natural for a people who speak similar cosmic programming language, of which Yoruba is just one of them, to gather together, live together, intermarry among themselves and farm together, fish together and worship their ancestors and their Gods together. That is how Tribe was birthed, just for unionism and defence against external aggression which was popular those days.

We are living in a brand new generation and tribe is no longer relevant. So, having known this truth, I was purged of tribalism, cos I stepped outside the Time-Space Continuum almost always, and speak the mind of Extra-Terrestrial Entities and Gods.

Do you know why the tribal elders sell the land so cheap and quick to primary buyers ?

I will tell you the answer, even though you did not think of this question; The answer is that they know they didnt create this land, they saw it and they cut nature's land and keep selling it. In fact, it is people who own Title to Land, that are the real original owner. If a tribal community, sales what it didnt buy but inherited, I believe a part of them is happy cos it is 'awoof' money, cos he didnt buy or didnt create the land.

I buy the Land, and I own Title and although the Government has no right to hoard the land and issue Titles except the indigenous communities, we still try to recognize the government as a legitimate force given the unpredictable and barbaric nature of some communities leaders and their Army of Omo onile gangs.

Having stated the above; the 99 years specified is a global affair and may be you thought it is just in Lagos, it is not and it is never enforced and will never be enforced because the Lords of the Land, the landlords own the first right of refusal and no governor survives up to 99yrs in power to enforce such laws, neither does any governor have or will ever have the political muscle to revoke such, because purchase of land is done by communities, the governments are just there to show the political leadership.

Do not be fooled by the minions who use that as the basis of arguments because every State has that 99 yrs clause if not less, but has never been enforced, will never be enforced and is satanic and criminal to think of.

If that was the basis of your reference to Lagos as a Yoruba land, I think that is a strawmann's argument and holds no water at all for ever and ever.

Try and work hard enough to buy into Lagos land, Nature is not creating new land, what ever you hold now is yours and yours alone to keep. And transfer to your next generations.

Na we hold the ground here.

This poverty stricken scrawny looking man has started its tale once again. People who busted you out the other time are at the corner. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Read what the article says.
Its old that has been read over and over again OK? Stop claiming what's not yours so your children won't loose their identity
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

Its old that has been read over and over again OK? Stop claiming what's not yours so your children won't loose their identity
Leave Lagos for Lagosians grin grin
Lagos is not even a Yoruba name cheesy
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Leave Lagos for Lagosians grin grin
Lagos is not even a Yoruba name cheesy

For impostors like you abi?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

For impostors like you abi?
I am a Lagosian, not an impostor.
Support Nigeria and dont be tribalistic grin grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

I am a Lagosian, not an impostor.
Support Nigeria and dont be tribalistic grin grin
Stop claiming what's not yours not good at all
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

Stop claiming what's not yours not good at all
Its not yours to begin with.
Stay back in your village and cultivate cocoyam
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Which Lagos? Lagos Island or Lagos state? Because Epe,Ikorodu are Ijebu land. Surulere down to Ikeja,Ipaja to Mushin are Awori land.

At least Benin had nothing to do in those places are they also Benin land.

You don't even know Ondo and Ekiti were under the Benin Empire pre-colonial era does that make them Benin land.

When they mention Oba Akinolu, do they call him oba of Lagos Island or Oba of Lagos?

I need an answer to this question.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

@the bolded, this is error, the oba of Lagos domain does not extend beyond the small lagos island, you guys should be properly educated. The oba of lagos is not the oba of lagos state. Other parts of the lagos metropolis have always had their obas till this very day. Even the oba of lagos knows his limitations. The contention of Lagos owned by the binis is the island or you want to include places like mowe, ibafo, ikorodu, badagry as belonging to the binis too?

One question, why is he revered to as Oba of Lagos and not Oba of Lagos Island then?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
baysol:

....he be like say the mod na ipob person on Yoruba owned blog my reply to a bygot has been erased. What a shame.

The yoruba mod have been trying to hide the truth for years..

Here is a thread where the Oba of Lagos goes to visit the former Oba of Benin. Guess what? The mod removed the pictures. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1346608/oba-lagos-visits-oba-benin

^^This thread was opened in 2013 o
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
vaxx:
i posted two argument there, instead of you to refute my claim. you are bringing in your strawmen argument as usual ...

This is the argument again.....

Lagos was pre occupied by the awories in 15 century , they were predominantly fishermen and hunter..

There is different between lagos state and lagos Portuguese.....

If you must know, the word lagos (eko)was crested by the awories not the binin..... This is the pronunciation in yoruba vocab....(Yoruba: Èkó) Bini are not just offshoot of yoruba, they are yoruba by themselves that is another story for another day.....

Before the prince ado( war lord ) was invited to wage war against the Dahomey empire who are about to take the place(eko ile)from them....the word eko ile has been used.......

The same thing happen when eko wanted to be taken by the fullani, the Oyo warriors were invited to stop them in Oshogbo.....

If you are ignorance of a knowledge..... Ask you shall be given..... You are getting more nairaland confused with this your mr lekki and Mr badagry coinage.....

You are the one coming up with a strawman argument.

You say something with no substantial evidence to your claim..

Be educated because the word Eko is a Bini word and never a yoruba word.

Even the Lagos state government agreed that its a bini word. So your argument is pointless.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/about-lagos/

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
designVATExcel:
Ofcourse na, was anybody arguing otherwise?

The bone of contention is Kwara which should also be part of the south west, atleast the Kabba region.

Also the South East has only 5 States, my remedy to this would be reducing other zones to 5 rather than creating nonviable states.
Kabba is not part of Kwara state. Didn't you study geography in school?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

When they mention Oba Akinolu, do they call him oba of Lagos Island or Oba of Lagos?

I need an answer to this question.
It is not Akinolu, it is Akiolu, He is the King of Isale eko area other parts of Lagos have their own Oba, he is referred to as Oba of Lagos because that area is the original Lagos before other parts were joined together to make it Lagos state. He is not the Oba of the entire State. He is the Oba of Lagos(Isale eko), We have Oba Ashade in Ogba, Elepe of Epe, Ayangburen of Ikorodu,Elegushi of Ikate land,etc. Don't confuse it to mean he is the Oba of the entire State.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

Eko is a bini word? Lol. Wonders shall never end.

Only the Oba of Lagos island has a Bini ancestry. The people his ancestor ruled were Yorubas, the same way Nigerian didn't suddenly become British because British happened to govern Nigeria during the colonial rule. Moreover, his kinship stop at Lagos Island, not the whole of Lagos and the people he's ruling are Yoruba. The Oba himself is a Yoruba from a Yoruba father ancestry but a bini mother ancestry who was the then princess of Oba Ado who had no son but got his daughter married to a Yoruba man who ascended the throne.

You should be more concerned about the Igalas in Enugu and Abia who were carved into Enugu and Abia even when it's not Enugu nor Abia land.
So you dont know Eko is a bini word? Here is Lagos state governement portal accepting that the word "Eko" is a Bini word.

Oga if you dont know anything abeg dont mention me again abeg.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/about-lagos/

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
juman:
A former Federal Commissioner for Works talking.

He must be very old man.

He is from the cursed generation of people that failed nigeria.
We are not surprised by your words. You come from that part of Nigeria, where they have no respect for elders. That is why you can insult someone old enough to be your grandfather, with such careless abandon. It shows the kind of stuvpidity that resides in your brain.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
naptu2:
Femi Okunnu = Carter Bridge (rebuilt), Eko Bridge, Outer Marina/Ring Road and Third Mainland Bridge (planned).
Thank you for schooling the clueless, my brother....
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

It is not Akinolu, it is Akiolu, He is the King of Isale eko area other parts of Lagos have their own Oba, he is referred to as Oba of Lagos because that area is the original Lagos before other parts were joined together to make it Lagos state. He is not the Oba of the entire State. He is the Oba of Lagos(Isale eko), We have Oba Ashade in Ogba, Elepe of Epe, Ayangburen of Ikorodu,Elegushi of Ikate land,etc. Don't confuse it to mean he is the Oba of the entire State.

When they refer to him, do they call him Oba of Lagoss Island or Oba of Lagos? Simple question.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Young man will you please keep quiet .

Where did you get that history from ?

Oba of Lagos is oba of the whole Lagos state

Aside him

The only recognized oba are ayangburen of ikorodu, Akran of Badagry and Epe

Aside this any other non indigene can be oba in Lagos

I mean Yoruba's

This are the only four places you find a family compound
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
IamLaura:
For those who did not read but decided to rush to comment,He was talking to the OBA OF LAGOS who said Lagos is not part of YorubaLand.
His comments can also be applied to those people who run to Lagos from across the Niger in droves, only to open their big mouths wide in stuvpidity and call Lagos a no man's land.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
odigbosky:
Bros i am Edo, we do not own Lagos.....the land that we even own that is close to us but has been taken from us we neva collet am na far away lagos. No edo man sef go even answer you....we gat lot of other tinz on our mind and lagos is not one of dem...almost the whole of ethiope west local govt in delta state belongs to the Oba of Benin...wat we have with lagos is historical ties....
Ogbue! God bless you for your comments, my brother. May Osanobua increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life.... cool
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

And you conveniently left out the Tapa? Can you comprehend a simple statement at all?

A statement read thus that a large percentage of the people in Lagos has Bini or Tapa ancestry yet you could only see Bini?

Very shameless!
SO your problem is tapa right?

Okay, Lagos belongs to Bini and Tapa people. Are you happy now? grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by femolii: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Ambode is doing a good Job in bringing back that consciousness but Yoruba PDP politicians are the major problem, they realize that Igbos have sizeable population in Lagos and they are mostly PDP or APGA so they want to use it as an advantage to dislodge APC in Lagos by offering them deputy position which is very dangerous.
They wil die for sure.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Ambode is doing a good Job in bringing back that consciousness but Yoruba PDP politicians are the major problem, they realize that Igbos have sizeable population in Lagos and they are mostly PDP or APGA so they want to use it as an advantage to dislodge APC in Lagos by offering them deputy position which is very dangerous.
Why is it dangerous?
Support democracy and reject TRIBAL narrow-mindedness.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

Young man will you please keep quiet .

Where did you get that history from ?

Oba of Lagos is oba of the whole Lagos state

Aside him

The only recognized oba are ayangburen of ikorodu, Akran of Badagry and Epe

Aside this any other non indigene can be oba in Lagos

I mean Yoruba's

This are the only four places you find a family compound
What are you saying this man, some Obas in Ipaja is under Olota of Ota also an Awori king, is Elegushi under Oba of Lagos. Better shut up if you know nothing about the Land. Who told you he is the Oba of the entire State.

Eko which is that Isale eko area is the Original Lagos the Portuguese named "Lagos" other parts of the western region like Ikorodu,Epe etc was annexed with Lagos (Eko) to make it Lagos State.

Go and learn your history.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
femolii:
They wil die for sure.
smiley smiley

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

What are you saying this man, some Obas in Ipaja is under Olota of Ota also an Awori king, is Elegushi under Oba of Lagos. Better shut up if you know nothing about the Land. Who told you he is the Oba of the entire State.

Eko which is that Isale eko area is the Original Lagos the Portuguese named "Lagos" other parts of the western region like Ikorodu,Epe etc was annexed with Lagos (Eko) to make it Lagos State.

Go and learn your history.

There is no such thing as unbiased, Everyone is biased by what they know, what they don’t know, and all of their life experiences.

You talked so confidently on what you don't know

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Vacation In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.