Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

The Effects Of Video Games - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Effects Of Video Games (522 Views)

The Effects Of Urine On Poison And Charm / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Effects Of Video Games by whoishabyb: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2017
Video games are electronic games that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback in a TV screen or Computer Monitor. To play a video game one would generally need a gaming console and some of the popular gaming consoles around are Playstation and Xbox. Parents are known to frown on gaming whenever they see their children playing them, as they see it as time wasting and some people also feel violence in some games are bad for children.

Not all parents can see the advantages of gaming and this is the point of this article, to point out the positive effects of gaming on children. Here are some of the mental skills that are acquired in gaming.

Problem Solving and Logic: When children play games, it helps them train their brain to come up with creative ways to solve puzzles and other problems in a short time.
Multitasking: In some games like strategy games, enemies might attack any time and it may be a time when the gamer is developing a city. This will force the child playing the game to be flexible and change strategies.
Develops reading and Mathematical skills: When children are playing games, they read to get instructions, follow storylines of games, and get information from the game texts. In addition, using mathematical skills is important to win in many games that involves quantitative analysis like managing resources.
Management: Management simulation games helps the young gamer to make management decisions and manage the effective use of finite resources.
Teamwork and cooperation: There are many multiplayer games in the video game universe which involves cooperation. These games encourage kids to make the most of their individual skills to contribute to the team.

Wizitup K12 Learning App was developed knowing the mental skills that children gets from gaming and seeing that these are skills they will be using in their day to day adult life. Wizitup K12 Learning App is an educational app with over 100 exciting cartoons, kindergarten songs and rhymes, cool math games and over 2,000 practice tests. Get your kids this app and watch them build and enjoy the habit of learning.

Blending such a major trend into children’s education is beneficial to them by improving their learning experience. Skills they amass now can be utilized later on when they start sitting down to think about careers and professions.

Re: The Effects Of Video Games by PMPhoenix(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2017
I remember growing up as a kid in Lagos, and coming across Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on my dads PC, at that moment, life instantly became more beautiful. Now I'm on sniper elite 4 on ps4 and into the dead 2 on my iPhone. How can one not play video games
Re: The Effects Of Video Games by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2017
PMPhoenix:
I remember growing up as a kid in Lagos, and coming across Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on my dads PC, at that moment, life instantly became more beautiful. Now I'm on sniper elite 4 on ps4 and into the dead 2 on my iPhone. How can one not play video games

I thought you would mention Commando, or Star Wars Jedi Outcast then or even Deus Ex, Half-life, STALKER mehn i played alot of games then and still now, Fallout 4 on my PS4 and PS1,PS2,PSP,N64,DS,GBA on my PC and some of those on my tablet, was thinking of getting a Vita but it seems not much games on Vita
Re: The Effects Of Video Games by PMPhoenix(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
pcguru1:

I thought you would mention Commando, or Star Wars Jedi Outcast then or even Deus Ex, Half-life, STALKER mehn i played alot of games then and still now, Fallout 4 on my PS4 and PS1,PS2,PSP,N64,DS,GBA on my PC and some of those on my tablet, was thinking of getting a Vita but it seems not much games on Vita
Dude I was on commandos like back to back, but i started out with Warcraft, doom and heretic, and I have fallout 4 but haven't played it yet
Re: The Effects Of Video Games by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2017
PMPhoenix:

Dude I was on commandos like back to back, but i started out with Warcraft, doom and heretic, and I have fallout 4 but haven't played it yet

Mehn you should it's crazy and the game is big.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Widows Castigated For Starting New Relationship? / Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights / [hot] Your Relationships Will Crash If You've Not Considered This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.