Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. (651 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Namesake2409: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2017
As shared on Facebook by Olaniran Hezekiah

Considering the raging argument on payment of tithe in the church. These are my submissions;

First I want to classify the critics of the tithing practice in the church into seven groups;

1) Those who do not pay their tithes and are looking for plausible excuses to justify their not paying.

2) Those who are not faithful in their tithing, whose conscience had been seared with hot iron and are doing everything possible to explain the paying of tithe away with reckless abandon.

3) The over religious people who think they are more knowledgeable than the Holy Spirit and interpret the Bible in their own ways because they enjoy fantasizing about the scripture.

4) The blind religious followers who only hear illogical argument from their pastors and leaders and never search the scripture to know whether it is right to pay tithe or not.

5) The Satanic agents who Satan had possessed to run the church of God down by labelling the church as a corrupt organization (Here is wisdom, the Christians need to discern the spirit at work less we join the devil in his mission).

6)The spiritually ignorant ones who do not understand the mystery of God's word and command and

7) Those who are amazed and are sick because of the advance of the gospel.

Second, I want to state emphatically and unapologetically that; there is no place in the scripture where Jesus condemned the practice of tithing. In Luke 11: 42, Jesus said "But woe unto you, Pharisee! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgement and the love of God; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone". Here Jesus did not condemn the paying of tithe, but condemned the way and manner Pharisee emphasise and collect tithes. Note the clause, "these ought ye to have done".

Third, if anybody feels that the Pastors are fleecing the church, let such start one and see how easy it is to start, run and make money from the church at least I am speaking from experience

Fourth, if you think you are paying your tithe to your pastor, I advise you to hold your money. The right mind set about tithe should be I'm paying to God. Whatever any pastor does with it is between him, his conscience and God. But note this, all pastors who mismanage their congregation tithes and offering will have themselves to blame before God.

Lastly, let every mouths criticising the church in Nigeria be silenced for ever. There is no amount of shenanigans that can stop Christ Church in fulfilling its mission. Let's no Satan advocate distract us with tithe issue. We know their father's antics. The issue of tithe is settled in the Bible. Muslims pay zakat and nobody make noise about it!

Please let the church of God be!!!!
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 12, 2017
No 8, The ones who don't want to keep the pastorpreneurs in business.

`I'm paying to God'?? Then let God come down from wherever he is and collect the money directly.

I am not a puppet,can't risk enriching a pastor at my expense.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by GodsMopol: 1:00am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:

`I'm paying to God'?? Then let God come down from wherever he is and collect the money directly.

hmmmm, let God come down, did God tell you He's broke and need the money you can't give your pastor, and who do you think pastors represent in the first place
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by GodsMopol: 1:09am On Nov 12, 2017
8. Those who hate mission works and don't want to sponsor the proclamation of the gospel

Zechariah 1:17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;, and then shall the end come.

The city is the Kingdom of God in case you care to know

Bonnke is currently in Nigeria, all those directly or indirectly working on site will receive something, fuelling, logistics and many works would be done on site. Truth be told, #50 and #20 for offering won't pay that mans plane ticket to and fro. Well, pay or watch missionaries and churches with evangelist in different countries like Iran and Afghanistan withdraw their evangelist, because the grace movement said, we are under grace and need not tithe

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Namesake2409: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2017
Oga Lalasticlala abeg help us move to the permanent site.
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by OtemSapien: 4:44am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:

grin
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by OtemSapien: 4:47am On Nov 12, 2017
GodsMopol:

hmmmm, let God come down, did God tell you He's broke and need the money you can't give your pastor, and who do you think pastors represent in the first place
The questions shouldn't be who pastors represent but rather, whom every individual represent. We are all representing God Almighty, so it's better to look at yourseld and see God Almighty in representation. Then you can save the tithe for yourself. As a matter of fact, God Almighty who created Yahweh cannot be seen, so he wouldn't need seen money. Only pastors want to eat your tithes.
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by OtemSapien: 4:51am On Nov 12, 2017
Your topic sounds like saying 'why you must continue to be scammed' grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by zionmde: 5:26am On Nov 12, 2017
Namesake2409:

Considering the raging argument on payment of tithe in the church. These are my submissions;

First I want to classify the critics of the tithing practice in the church into seven groups;

1) Those who do not pay their tithes and are looking for plausible excuses to justify their not paying.

2) Those who are not faithful in their tithing, whose conscience had been seared with hot iron and are doing everything possible to explain the paying of tithe away with reckless abandon.

3) The over religious people who think they are more knowledgeable than the Holy Spirit and interpret the Bible in their own ways because they enjoy fantasizing about the scripture.

4) The blind religious followers who only hear illogical argument from their pastors and leaders and never search the scripture to know whether it is right to pay tithe or not.

5) The Satanic agents who Satan had possessed to run the church of God down by labelling the church as a corrupt organization (Here is wisdom, the Christians need to discern the spirit at work less we join the devil in his mission).

6)The spiritually ignorant ones who do not understand the mystery of God's word and command and

Second, I want to state emphatically and unapologetically that; there is no place in the scripture where Jesus condemned the practice of tithing. In Luke 11: 42, Jesus said "But woe unto you, Pharisee! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgement and the love of God; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone". Here Jesus did not condemn the paying of tithe, but condemned the way and manner Pharisee emphasise and collect tithes. Note the clause, "these ought ye to have done".

Third, if anybody feels that the Pastors are fleecing the church, let such start one and see how easy it is to start, run and make money from the church at least I am speaking from experience

Fourth, if you think you are paying your tithe to your pastor, I advise you to hold your money. The right mind set about tithe should be I'm paying to God. Whatever any pastor does with it is between him, his conscience and God. But note this, all pastors who mismanage their congregation tithes and offering will have themselves to blame before God.

Lastly, let every mouths criticising the church in Nigeria be silenced for ever. There is no amount of shenanigans that can stop Christ Church in fulfilling its mission. Let's no Satan advocate distract us with tithe issue. We know their father's antics. The issue of tithe is settled in the Bible. Muslims pay zakat and nobody make noise about it!

If u havent noticed that the devil himself is using this tithe issues to shift the attention of christians from their dutiess of soul winning and other things then i think u should know

My advice for u as a christian
Tithe if u want to tithe, leave those that dont want to tithe, Dont entangle urself with unbelievers always using the issue of tithe to defame christianity.
The devil is using this tithe matter as a device to distract, dont be part of his devise. Advice any christian u see joining words on the issue of tithe with unbelievers, the moment we christians stop giving the devil the attention he seeks, he will shut up

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Namesake2409: 5:30am On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
Your topic sounds like saying 'why you must continue to be scammed' grin

smiley
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Samsimple(m): 6:34am On Nov 12, 2017
Op is a thief

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Andy2274: 6:45am On Nov 12, 2017
Namesake2409:

. Is tithe the only obligation to the church or pastor in the bible? Is tithe 10% of your monthly salary or first fruit of the year?
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Kimcutie: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:

You're sounding like an agonist undecided
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 12, 2017
GodsMopol:

Since God is not broke and does not need the money.Why do pastors emphasize tithing then?Perhaps,for their own selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 12, 2017
Kimcutie:
You're sounding like an agonist undecided
Whatever.Good morning.
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Kimcutie: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Whatever.Good morning.
angry
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by GodsMopol: 7:58am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Since God is not broke and does not need the money.Why do pastors emphasize tithing then?Perhaps,for their own selfish interests.

Why do we pay tax, is it to enrich the government or cater for government needs?

anyway, case closed
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by timilehing(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2017
Tithes is for Levites working in the house of God & they don't have any inheritance anywhere. If you belong to the Levites clan & without any properties, tithe is yours
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2017
Kimcutie:
angry
Brother,who vexed you this morning?
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Kimcutie: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Brother,who vexed you this morning?
Google
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Saverin: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2017
Namesake2409

"Why I must continue to enrich men on black suit"
Re: Why You Must Continue To Pay Your Tithe. by Namesake2409: 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
Saverin:
Namesake2409

"Why I must continue to enrich men on black suit"

Lolz.. Funny guy

(1) (Reply)

I Dream Seeing My Self In The River dancing,please Help Me.. / Astral Projection: Learn The Act Of Leaving Your Physical Body At Will / Christianity Is The Only Way.see The Epic Reason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.