Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

"I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri (24731 Views)

Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me / Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked / Ajuji Waziri Is Dead (Farida Waziri's Husband) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by dre11(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oladimeji Ramon

A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mrs . Farida Waziri, says she was glad in retrospect that ex - President Goodluck Jonathan kicked her out of office .

She said had she not been sacked , she would have been traumatised by now , given the ongoing revelation of alleged grand corruption that took place under Jonathan’ s administration .

Waziri said the EFCC under Jonathan was not given free hand to operate, saying she got the first indication of it during the probe of the fuel subsidy scam .

She said it was her refusal to back down from the probe of one of the masterminds of the fuel subsidy scam that earned her a dismissal by Jonathan .

A statement on Sunday quoted the ex - EFCC helmsman as saying this during an interaction with journalists at an unnamed event , which she attended in Lagos at the weekend .

She was said to have been asked to react to the revelation about the alleged grand sleaze that took place under Jonathan’ s watch .

“ I’ m only glad that those things didn’ t happen under my watch as the EFCC Chairman because it would have been too traumatic for me . And that is why if I see President Jonathan today , I will kneel down to thank him for the honour done me by removing me as the EFCC Chairman at the time he did .

“ My first strong premonition of what was ahead was when I began the probe of the monumental oil subsidy fraud going on then.

“ I came to Lagos on a vital intelligence on the subsidy scam and as soon as I arrested a key culprit I got a call from the Presidential Villa asking me to release the suspect , because , in their words , ‘ he is our person ’ , but I refused to let him off and days after I was removed from office , ” Waziri was quoted to have said.

http://punchng.com/im-thankful-jonathan-sacked-me-farida-waziri/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by BUHARItesticles: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
Why until now?
Waziri, in different occasions proved that she didn't deserve that office.
I remembered when two people were arrested she demanded permission from a former Governor whether to detain them or let them go before the media would get a clue.
Waziri, you are trying to act like a saint because of your recent lobby to be made an ordinary committee chairman.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Flexherbal(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
"Waziri said the EFCC under Jonathan was not given free hand to operate, saying she got the first indication of it during the probe of the fuel subsidy scam ."

Men, Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/2913203/herbal-tea-secrete-fathers-used-in-bed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Tolexander: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Waziri said the EFCC under Jonathan was not given free hand to operate, saying she got the first indication of it during the probe of the fuel subsidy scam .
She said it was her refusal to back down from the probe of one of the masterminds of the fuel subsidy scam that earned her a dismissal by Jonathan .
My question is;

Since Farida was not happy with the situation of things then, why waiting to be fired by the presidency before stepping down as the EFCC boss?

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by ashjay001(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
Why now?

Se d buffoon has been speaking from his ass!? Some pple need to put him in his place!

A thief, claiming persecution is an aberration!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by ashjay001(m): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tolexander:
My question is;

Since Farida was not happy with the situation of things then, why waiting to be fired by the presidency before stepping down as the EFCC boss?

Did u read d article?

Did u comprehend?

She caught a high profile thief, n was laid off, within days of refusing to release d said thief!?

Within days! Not months n not d 2nd or 3rd thief! It was d very first!

Pls, ur brain was put there for a reason! Use it!

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by uboma(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tolexander:
My question is;

You have asked a very intelligent question.

the truth is, this present administration is simply laced with lies, deceit and propaganda.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Tolexander: 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
ashjay001:

Did u read d article?

Did u comprehend?

She caught a high profile thief, n was laid off, within days of refusing to release d said thief!?

Within days! Not months n not d 2nd or 3rd thief! It was d very first!

Pls, ur brain was put there for a reason! Use it!
The fact that you have your armpits as bushy as your head does not call for you replacing your reasoning faculty with your armpits.

“ I came to Lagos on a vital intelligence on the subsidy scam and as soon as I arrested a key culprit I got a call from the Presidential Villa asking me to release the suspect , because , in their words , ‘ he is our person ’ , but I refused to let him off and [color=crimson]days after I was removed from office , ” Waziri was quoted to have said.[/b]
So understandable the word days in the phrase, "days after" is confusing you.
You could have requested for millenniums after!

When she received a Presidential call, why didn't she step down immediately if she was sincere?
Or what other call does she need to tell her the presidency is not in support of the probe!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by FarahAideed: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Farida Waziri stop lying , Jonathan fired you because you were corrupt and interfering with the anti corruption effort of the Jonathan Govt by hobnobbing and collecting Bribes from very corrupt people

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by uwa1(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ahhhh... Everybody is just washing their hands on GEJ head.... See Waziri oh.... Has she forgotten so soon... If it was buhari on seat, she would have been talking from kuje prison....

8 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by HoluwarTohbar(f): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
Madam Dark goggles should shut up! Her corrupt tendency was very manifest to even a two year old then and she was sacked consequently!

If she's sincere, I dare her mention the name of the " big fish" she caught! Mtcheeew.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by femidejulius(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Waziri destroyed EFCC. Before her coming on board, politicians used to fear EFCC. Now, they proudly answer EFCC knowing fully well they will defeat EFCC in a court of law. EFCC is just a joke these days.

Why is Waziri talking now? She definitely want a job from this present government.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by ashjay001(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tolexander:
The fact that you have your armpits as bushy as your head does not call for you replacing your reasoning faculty with your armpits.

When she received a Presidential call, why didn't she step down immediately if she was sincere?
Or what other call does she need to tell her the presidency is not in support of the probe!

U're too lazy to use ur brain. I wont argue semantics with u, ds nite.

Where in her statement did she mention a presidential call? Read n comprehend, u no gree. Na armpit n head u dey compare!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jonathan is thief now, How do you want him to give you the free hand, knowing that even himself would be implicated?

Ever wondered, why only the equally useless and proscribed ipob members still worship him?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:

[/s]

Was she asked to resign? According to the woman, she was in the middle of investigation against his wish, and she was suddenly sacked. stop sounding clever by half..

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Tolexander: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
ashjay001:

U're too lazy to use ur brain. I wont argue semantics with u, ds nite.

Where in her statement did she mention a presidential call? Read n comprehend, u no gree. Na armpit n head u dey compare!
You no get any iota of sense at all.
So bad!
Well, that is typical of Zombies. No brain of theirs.

Presidential villa call and Presidential call, what is the difference?

Don't you think you are ineligible for this BMC role?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by ashjay001(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tolexander:
You no get any iota of sense at all.
So bad!
Well, that is typical of Zombies. No brain of theirs.

Presidential villa call and Presidential call, what is the difference?

Don't you think you are ineligible for this BMC role?

Seriously, I dey see ur posts up n down, but never knew u were truly brainlessgringrin

Shame no even catch u, to equate presidential villa call to presidential call!

Do u know how many pple work frm d villa? That an aide made a call on behalf of d president, does not equate to a president making d call!? In any fall-out(like now), d aide takes d fall! Capisce?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by tayorh(m): 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Na God save you..
Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by tobechi74: 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
all these forgotten people that are reappearing. I won't be surprised if she HSS plans to contest governorship election 2019

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by BafanaBafana: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
I'm tired of hearing about Jonathan's misdeed. We know that stealing wasn't corruption and anyone who exposed a thief was punished.
Jona was a mistake!
The worst president ever!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Alariiwo: 9:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jonathan na fool na..

Foolish man still wants to contest in 2019. Na God go punish all his supporters.
May your lives run down just like GEj ran this country down.
Nonsense!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan is thief now, How do you want him to give you the free hand, knowing that even himself would be implicated?

Ever wondered, why only the equally useless and proscribed ipob members still worship him?
bmc salary came early

10 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by NigelCundy: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Mynd44 Rule 2
lalasticlala
Chai... Na Una type dey report people for class. Snitching attitude. I hate it!

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Zico5(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
The reason some fools are still calling on Gej to come back is not for anything rather than to have the share of the resources. They know with Gej, looting will prevail and that's why people like FFK will always rant cos no free money again. We should not deceive ourselves Gej destroyed this country to an extent. Buhari may not be good or at the peak but he is still much more better. I wonder the situation of the economy had it been Gej is still in power.

11 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by qleap2all(m): 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Some peoples Hero, Jonathan was a scam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Mariangeles(f): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
Give us the name of the " key culprit "/and we'll be glad...

1 Like

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by obailala(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nonsense!... WHy didnt she resign to prove her point?.. Useless Nigerian public officials!

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by talk2percy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Madam shut up joor...

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by ogatboy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
O ye foolish Nigerians. We agree Jonathan was a scam, he was a thief and very corrupt. Now we voted a new party for a change. Can they stf up about Jonathan administration and point us the way forward. We are supposed to be looking forward not backwards. Deeds has been done so can you fix it and will you fix it or u came to give excuses and follow their path. I think we need individual contesting positions and not on the platform of a party.

What do I know, the Nigerian I know will still fall for 1000 naira to sell their vote. Crazy country, crazy government, crazy people

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri by Lordspicy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
liars everywhere... she's just trying to exonerate herself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Says APC Supporters Attacked, Prevented Igbo, Non-party Members From Voting / An Asteroid Or Meteor Will Hit The Earth On September 24, 2015 / Buhari Orders Central Bank To Halt Payment For Food And Fertilizer Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.