Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,239 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked (46256 Views)

Police Bar Waziri Bulama From Party Secretariat / Waziri Bulama Emerges APC National Secretary / Obasanjo In Yola For Turbaning Of Atiku As The 7th Waziri Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by gistshub(m): 2:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Why I sacked ex-EFCC boss, Farida Waziri – Goodluck Jonathan

Nigeria’s Ex-President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has branded former Chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Waziri, as a liar for saying that she was fired from office because of her probe of some oil racketeers.

But the former President said Waziri was sacked based on Nigeria’s interest and global standing.

A statement issued by Ikechukwu Eze, Media Adviser to Jonathan on Monday said the former president read media reports credited to Waziri, in which she claimed in her new book that she was removed from because of her probe of some oil racketeers.

“We thought we had dealt with this matter, after promptly debunking similar statements she made in the past. In 2017 when she claimed that she lost her job because she “refused to back down from the probe of one of the masterminds of the fuel subsidy scam”, we quickly refuted and clarified the claim for the records, and even challenged her to name the individual or company in question.

“We had expected that a book from Mrs. Farida, coming years after the claim was first made, should have towed the path of honour by telling the truth for the benefit of history. Unfortunately, that still didn’t happen. It will be recalled that after assuming office as President on May 6, 2010, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan decided to retain Mrs. Waziri, who was appointed by his predecessor, late President Umaru Yar’Adua, as the head of the elite anti-crime agency.

“Despite obvious disenchantment from many Nigerians and mounting international pressure against Mrs. Waziri’s continued stay in office, the former President stood by her, in line with his conviction that every public officer should first be given the opportunity to deliver on his or her mandate.

“It must be pointed out that former President Jonathan had no personal issues with Mrs. Waziri. The former President had to eventually let her go in the national interest. Her removal therefore has a lot to do with reasons relating to Nigeria’s interest and global standing which details Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is obliged to keep as state secret in our common national interest. It is very important to note that when dealing with the interest of the nation and the performance of the functions of a public office, a determined leader cannot prioritise the interest of an individual,” the statement said.

According to the statement, it therefore bore repeating here that Waziri’s removal as chairperson of EFCC had absolutely nothing to do with her purported refusal to desist from probing any oil individual, saying this claim sounded rather superficial and contradicted available evidence of the then government’s genuine efforts to combat oil subsidy racketeering.

The statement said it was noteworthy that throughout Jonathan’s tenure, he made practical efforts to combat the alleged oil cabals, including directing the stoppage of further payment of fuel subsidy claims to oil importers, and the setting up of the Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede-led committee which had high level representation from all the intelligence agencies, including the EFCC, with a mandate to thoroughly investigate the scandals in the industry.

“The choice of Aig-Aigboje, a man widely acclaimed for his dependability, as leader of the committee, was a clear demonstration that the President had no personal interest in the matter. Those who choose to continue to rue, like Mrs. Waziri, over the loss of public positions should realise that such a position, which is a public trust, is not an entitlement.

“They are usually given to individuals to provide service to the people. Public officers should therefore see such transitions as their own personal sacrifice to the nation. It is in this light that Mrs. Farida Waziri should view her removal from office. It was nothing personal. It was everything patriotic,” the statement stated.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/10/jonathan-fires-back-why-i-sacked-ex-efcc-boss-farida-waziri/amp/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by bigtt76(f): 2:25am On Feb 11, 2020
No need for this though, we all knew she was lying undecided

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by firo08(m): 2:27am On Feb 11, 2020
Mrs waziri you where relieved of your duties based on Nigeria's interest and global standing. Stop shifting blames in order to earn pity from the public.
Madam put your past behind you and take responsibility of your actions.
Stop dragging this innocent man.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Validated: 2:36am On Feb 11, 2020
In any case, her appointment was a call to service and NOT an entitlement. She was appointed and if found to no longer serve national interest, can be removed, which was what happened.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by sholatech(m): 2:46am On Feb 11, 2020
The way she keeps referring to this ehn..Its like the sack pained her!

Looking back, i dont think we have had any EFCC chair brazenly living a luxurious lifestyle while heading an anti-corruption agency.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Simplyleo: 2:55am On Feb 11, 2020
in which she claimed in her new book that she was removed from because of her probe of some oil racketeers.
Lol.

Little did Waziri knew stealing wasn't corruption. cheesy

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Simplyleo: 2:58am On Feb 11, 2020
sholatech:
The way she keeps referring to this ehn..Its like the sack pained her!

Looking back, i dont think we have had any EFCC chair brazenly living a luxurious lifestyle while heading an anti-corruption agency.
Yes, it should pain any human with a strand of neuron in his/her skull to be sacked when doing what the society deem neccessary and appropriate.

She was sacked for:

in which she claimed in her new book that she was removed from because of her probe of some oil racketeers.

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by muykem: 3:07am On Feb 11, 2020
firo08:
Mrs waziri you where relieved of your duties based on Nigeria's interest and global standing. Stop shifting blames in order to earn pity from the public.
Madam put your past behind you and take responsibility of your actions.
Stop dragging this innocent man.
I am very disappointed in your comment and tomorrow some of you will be shouting for justice. Which Nigeria interests that can not be mentioned please?

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by muykem: 3:14am On Feb 11, 2020
This response also collaborate Mrs Waziri position. Nigeria interests and global standing that target only individual at EFCC helm of affair and can't be mentioned. I am not surprised though GEJ government is the most corrupt in history of this nation.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Hoephase: 3:19am On Feb 11, 2020
After seeing how much Buhari and Osibanjo have been paying out on oil subsidy, I don't think Mrs Waziri had anything on whomever she claimed to have been investigating.

Meanwhile, when will Magun look into the current subsidy regime?

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Hoephase: 3:20am On Feb 11, 2020
muykem:
This response also collaborate Mrs Waziri position. Nigeria interests and global standing that target only individual at EFCC helm of affair and can't be mentioned. I am not surprised though GEJ government is the most corrupt in history of this nation.

From I don't know what is subsidy to paying out trillion of naira as subsidy, I am sure your guess is as good as mine as to who the most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria is. grin

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by wwwihy: 3:42am On Feb 11, 2020
Mr Jonathan= Mrs Jonathan= Diezani Alison-Madueke= Corruption

Mr Jonathan
Mr Jona
Mr
Mrs
Mrs P
Mrs Patience
Mrs Patience Jonathan

Who was the President of Nigeria during Jonathan administration?

A. Mr Jonathan
B. Mrs Jonathan
C. Mama Peace
D. Diezani Alison-Madueke
E. Corruption
F. C,D & E above

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by seunmsg(m): 5:23am On Feb 11, 2020
As expected, Jonathan ended up saying nothing reasonable. He should have kept quiet instead of coming up with this watery defense. National interest and global standing kee you there.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Goldencheese(m): 5:26am On Feb 11, 2020
I thought we have moved past this issue!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 11, 2020
Validated:
In any case, her appointment was a call to service and NOT an entitlement. She was appointed and if found to no longer serve national interest, can be removed, which was what happened.
You're likely the only sensible person so far in this thread.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by smile11s(m): 6:00am On Feb 11, 2020
The gods must hear this

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Roadtoyesterday: 6:00am On Feb 11, 2020
Same. Way I was sacked last week for doing what the society deem it fit to do....... It really pain, especially when every other persons kept quiet to some injustice while pursuing justice for another. As for me, they all prayed and moved on like nothing happened...... Here I am struggling to meet up.

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by anonimi: 6:00am On Feb 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
Lol.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3040085_abachaaa_jpegb9b6ace1c002846314b86b3375f466a0

sixtuschimere:
Former First Lady Maryam Abacha on Thursday Dec 22 attended the foundation laying ceremony of new structures at Maryam Abacha American University,Niger by the First Lady of Niger Dr Lalla Malika Issofou.

Check out her new look

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4648579_fbimg1482517238155_jpeg3fe1b514520f2354d28ab2b6f5dd112e

abdelrahman:
Gamsu Abacha is making good of her family's legacy and popular motto of "no matter how poor they are, they will never be as poor as Dangote", Sagesse Gumsu, we get the drift, with a plate of meal like that? we dont see how you can be as poor as Dangote

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6198528_notitle2_jpegc0e3dbe3457af4904d41ec79cb6f53f7

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www..com/talktopic,279364.0.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiDtqPi0aDXAhUDzWMKHR_8DL8QFggIMAE&usg=AOvVaw2z7TozEiA-5r_AzpwGQl1r

20 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 11, 2020
For Nigeria everybody dey lie to cover face...make them dey shift blame,las las we go dey alright.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by anonimi: 6:03am On Feb 11, 2020
seunmsg:
As expected, Jonathan ended up saying nothing reasonable. He should have kept quiet instead of coming up with this watery defense. National interest and global standing kee you there.

What else should we expect from the zonebee hailers of the incompetent dullard of no certificate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9903820_fbimg15631860052698958_jpegb05f41d787e0cd65b489071399f6956e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026486_buharinoschool_jpeg7b091b4b2030902d513c2f395f96a19d

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by SifonAbasi(f): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2020
Why lie?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by IamPatriotic(m): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2020
Farida lied and Jonathan is lying too, bunch of liars!

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by Passionate888: 6:04am On Feb 11, 2020
Na wa
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by anonimi: 6:05am On Feb 11, 2020
Hoephase:
From I don't know what is subsidy to paying out trillion of naira as subsidy, I am sure your guess is as good as mine as to who the most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria is. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

15 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by YoungLionken(m): 6:05am On Feb 11, 2020
That weakling of a former president should respect himself enough by keeping shut. He's already done more harm than good.

Nigeria would have been worse,if he had won the reelection.

Buhari is an idiot when it comes to governance but,he's far better than Goodluck anytime anyday...

10 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by englishmart(m): 6:06am On Feb 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

Lol.

Little did she knew indeed. Trolling with a bad grammar.

21 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by IamPatriotic(m): 6:09am On Feb 11, 2020
anonimi:

What else should we expect from the zonebee hailers of the incompetent dullard of no certificate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9903820_fbimg15631860052698958_jpegb05f41d787e0cd65b489071399f6956e

Honestly, you don't have common sense! Why must people like you resort to this tactics of total deviation from main point of discuss and embak on pettiness each time a corrupt

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026486_buharinoschool_jpeg7b091b4b2030902d513c2f395f96a19d

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by executive12: 6:09am On Feb 11, 2020
Farida Waziri was one of the worst to lead the EFCC. That was not surprising given the fact she was nominated by the criminal James Ibori.
I hope she included in her book that she was nominated by James Ibori.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked by johnmartus(m): 6:12am On Feb 11, 2020
I don't believe both of you. Two of you should come and swear with ogun.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / Ben-Bruce Shares A Cartoon By The Sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.