Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

"Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" (546 Views)

Couple Got Carried Away In Public Display Of Affection While Watching Football / Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) / Open Display Of Affection Is Normal In Brazil(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by anthonydunamis: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2017
Yesterday evening, as I walked towards my wife where we planned to meet in front of her workplace, I began to cover my face playfully like I was trying to avoid being seen by her. She started laughing and when I got close, she expressed her surprise that I could do such a thing in the full glare of the public eye. Didn't I know that some people may consider it somewhat childish that a man would play with his wife like that? Me? Do I send anybody? Where were they when I was composing poems to sweep her off her feet? Where were they when GTBank was sending debit alert after debit alert during the wedding period? cheesy

On a more serious note, though. Married couples should know that not all aspects of marriage are private or secret. There should be a public expression of affection as often as possible. Whenever we walk outside my wife and I hold hands or hold each other around the waist. We give hugs and romantic pecks (could have even been a little more if not for the cultural orientation of people around).

Yes! It seems as if most people feel unashamed to play publicly with a lady before marriage but bottle everything up after marriage! Let's give singles something exciting to look forward to by our public behaviour as married people.

When Isaac lied that Rebekah was his sister, how did Abimelech find out that it was a lie? "And when he had been there for some time, Abimelech, king of the Philistines, looking through a window, saw Isaac PLAYING with Rebekah his wife. And he said to Isaac, IT IS CLEAR that she is your wife: why then did you say, She is my sister?" (Genesis 26:8,9 BBE). Infact, the ISV says, " After Isaac had been there a long time, Abimelech king of the Philistines happened to look out a window and observed Isaac CARESSING his wife Rebekah."

What do you think?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158022148585076&id=567405075

2 Likes

Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by kunlesufyan(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2017
You are absolutely right, someone will just be forming James Bond out. An instance was when I saw a couple walking home from church and the so called husband was few steps in front of his wife. You would know because they wore the sane attire. some men don't have an idea about petting women. Everything na so so action action.
Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by teresafaith: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2017
The whites knows how to display affection in public, but do you know they have high rate of divorce..

So I beg to differ, public display of affection is not a pillar of marriage
Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by lalanice(f): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2017
you want public display of affection with your wife fine go ahead, the other couple doesn't want it? let them be. its cool but since when is it the pillar of marriage??
Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2017
Truth is, public show of affection doesn't guarantee a long lasting marriage 'cause for all I care; it could be a charade. But in a situation it isn't a charade, it brings spontaneity in the marriage, hence, a romantic thing to do which sparks the romance in the marriage.
Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by Kondomatic(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2017
Odiegwu. Some people don't like that, I also don't so don't say that PDA is the pillar of marriage cause it clearly ain't. Two important pillars of marriage is friendship and lust, not even love because love is the absence of common sense.

A real friend is loyal, faithful and honest and lusting after him/her will make your sex life a bomb.

PDA kor PTA meeting ni

1 Like

Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by naijaboiy: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2017
LOL!

If you are not good friends with your partner no matter the amount of PDA you display your marriage will still not be on a strong foundation.

Many people display affection upandan. We see them everywhere on social media howbthey flaunt their marriage but at the end what happened? Behind all the facade there were things unknown.

So let people do their marriage the way they want as long as there’s true love, friendship, trust and all other necessary qualities to make a marriage work.
Re: "Public Display Of Affection Is A Pillar Of Marriage" by babyfaceafrica: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2017
Story... Doesn't matter......some people can dispkay public attention and deep within them..they do not like the person and cheat... Case study Tonto and Churchill...all over the place making noise up and down...where are they today?..marriage is between two people..they should decide how they show attention..who publicity EPP?..

(1) (Reply)

20 Most Powerful Military In The World... (including Nigeria Military Info) / Seven Causes Of Infertility You Should Know About / Https://www.reddit.com/7eeh3v/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.