Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers (24723 Views)

2023: Obasanjo Endorses El-rufai For President / Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage / El-Rufai’s Plan To Establish Emirates In Southern Kaduna Will Cause Crisis- CNNC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Walexybobo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
Leave them jare rufai. afterall we all knw that education is nt that sound in the north. manage them as it always be decades ago.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by FarahAideed: 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ironically Buhari is product of our decayed education system and he is no different feom the teachers that failed that test because he would also have failed it woefully yet he is president SMH
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Lilimax(f): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
The irony of life: More like Iti bolibo endorsing the sack of iti bolibo shocked
Reminds me of a song in a village primary school those days: A bu m iti bolibo, iti mboli iti bolibo smiley
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
whateverkay:
sad The igbo governors should also follow this path. Too many incompetent teachers in igbo land and it's affecting their academic output. The reason why their students fail waec and neco every year. Most teachers in the east cannot speak good English let alone impact knowledge. The east has the highest number of illiterates in the country after the core north. Yorubas remain the pride of Nigeria when it comes to education. No wonder ekiti state has the highest number of professors in the country sad

LOL. And yet Ekiti elected Mr Fayose as Governor.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by dfrost: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Prop-a-goose

I saw what you did there. cheesy grin -- ganda tongue
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by hollandis(f): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
Was Buhari disqualified for lieing about his certificate
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by kunyeo(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Well I really don't know what to say ..but sacking that number of employed individuals throwing them back onto the Labour market will definitely not meanwell for the Economy.

What of those to be employed to replace them,wont they positively contribute to the economy?
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by TellMeNothing: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
life2017:

he is replacing them with the same number. So the negative impact on Kaduna economy is zero.

It will affect the families of the sack teachers negatively while it affect the family of the new teachers positively.

And affect the future of the students positively.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by pawesome(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Afta all no cert to even look fr work...dis el-rufai get mind sha...no state governor hs d gots to try anitin lik such
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
life2017:

he is replacing them with the same number. So the negative impact on Kaduna economy is zero.

It will affect the families of the sack teachers negatively while it affect the family of the new teachers positively.

Why not such competency tests be conducts for Nigerian politicians in government?

APC government themselves are not even doing better then the people they are sacking.

Read hon Bello Masari campaigns message on his campaigns poster below....

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Bsure: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
musa234:
Good developement.. Every northern governor should follow suit, the level of education in the north is nothing to write home about
While I agree with your thoughts in terms of NORTH/SOUTH Ratio... This is not a problem perculiar to the north... It is a national disgrace. Go to the east - You find teachers who teach purely in igbo language, - Go to the south west (Not talking of Lagos o) I mean the original ile-iwe girama, students cant even spell their names... The situation is pathetic! Its is just bad cry I believe that's why it was discussed at FEC retreat.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by UyiIredia(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Well I really don't know what to say ..but sacking that number of employed individuals throwing them back onto the Labour market will definitely not meanwell for the Economy.

Having incompetent twachers is much worse for the economy.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by stan40: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Is a good move.i am not a fancy of El-Rufai but dis he did shows he meant well for the people of kaduna state in educational sector.a teacher that can not spell cash crop and define it,even to spell profit they couldn't what else does such teacher has to off

er
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by presh2mos: 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
chriskosherbal:
And what will retaining them in active service do to our children and wards

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by meforyou1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
life2017:

where is he going to get 22,000 teachers to employ?
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by musa234(m): 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Bsure:
While I agree with your thoughts in terms of NORTH/SOUTH Ratio... This is not a problem perculiar to the north... It is a national disgrace. Go to the east - You find teachers who teach purely in igbo language, - Go to the south west (Not talking of Lagos o) I mean the original ile-iwe girama, students cant even spell their names... The situation is pathetic! Its is just bad cry I believe that's why it was discussed at FEC retreat.
The situation is really pathetic bro.. Our education system keeps going down the drain as the years goes bye..
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by NwaliE01: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
life2017:
good development. El Rufai deserve praises and support. We need more courageous leaders like El Rufai. History will remember him positively.
Did you also hear that some teachers were given same exam in the mosque prior to the evaluation day?
There is some sort of biase in conducting the exercise.
I would support El-rufai move if it's done in upmost fairness.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by philchudi: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
whateverkay:
sad The igbo governors should also follow this path. Too many incompetent teachers in igbo land and it's affecting their academic output. The reason why their students fail waec and neco every year. Most teachers in the east cannot speak good English let alone impact knowledge. The east has the highest number of illiterates in the country after the core north. Yorubas remain the pride of Nigeria when it comes to education. No wonder ekiti state has the highest number of professors in the country sad

Who did this to u.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
I bet my balls , the duara dullard will fail 95% of those questions... kettle calling pot charcoal

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Organs(m): 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Are the teachers not "trainable". I will try to get to the "root cause" and try to retrain them first, then redeploy or sack those that are not trainable. This is because, 21 thousand shows there are more underlying issues...
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by gbagyiza: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
life2017:

I assure u government will not employ up to that number because d main purpose of d whole thing is to reduce the number of civil servant.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Iteghete1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hahaha! On what moral grounds? When he couldn't provide him own certificate? Tho the situation is shameful but our leaders should first be the change they talk about! I support gov El Tufia action! Teachers that can't pass evaluation test based on primary 4 curriculum have no business in the class room! Another question is how did they get there in the first place? But this is Nigeria esp north side!
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Iteghete1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cant agree more...

quote author=olatade post=62339393]At the entrance gate of a university in South Africa the following message was posted for contemplation:

*"Destroying any nation does not require the use of atomic bombs or the use of long range missiles. _It only requires lowering the quality of education and allowing cheating in the examinations by the students._"*

Patients die at the hands of such doctors.

Buildings collapse at the hands of such engineers.

Money is lost at the hands of such economists & accountants.

Humanity dies at the hands of such religious scholars.

Justice is lost at the hands of such judges...

*"The collapse of education is the collapse of the nation."*[/quote]
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by chngebeginwthme: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
dabeto:
Good idea but unfortunately Buhari is on the wrong side of job loss since he came to power. Over 7 million jobs loss but the government will maliciously claim same number of jobs have been provided.

80% of job lost are either ghost workers or fake certificate..
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by gbagyiza: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thesame problem will persist even if he recruits new teachers..The teachers salary is poor, n most of them are send to villages to go n teach without making a tangible arrangement for their security/ accomodation..The teachers r left with no option than to look for another means of survival...when you dont take good care of your staffs, they lost concentration n their minds are taking away from d job..so, they cant give you their best..That was d case of d teachers..I dont beleive that most of the teachers failed the exams becos they dont know it but because of d poor state of their conditions.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by bolethings: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
In as much as I support quality over quantity, has anyone listened to the argument of the NLC, the government didn't involve any reputable third party to conduct the exams and only released 3 results that has no names. Knowing fully that APC is full of deceit, I will definitely want to believe the government lied unless they can have a third party verify all these claims of mass failure.
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by dabeto: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

80% of job lost are either ghost workers or fake certificate..
[color=#006600][/color]
grin you mean over 12,000 people in banking sector relieved of their appointments were ghost or certificate forgers.
Same with those in IOCs,
Same with employees in SMEs which businesses shutdown?
Ghost exist in civil service despite their so called anti corruption war. grin
Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by chngebeginwthme: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
dabeto:
[color=#006600][/color]
grin you mean over 12,000 people in banking sector relieved of their appointments were ghost or certificate forgers.
Same with those in IOCs,
Same with employees in SMEs which businesses shutdown?
Ghost exist in civil service despite their so called anti corruption war. grin
Banking are privately owned company and if they don't have the capital to run their business how is that Buhari problem?

Most banks are running their Business on FG money and immediately Buhari implement the TSA they no longer see free money anymore leading to sacking of workers..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by hardbody: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Caseless:
cool

Sai Baba till I off.

Sacked teachers right now...

Who exactly taught PMB and where did he qualify from. He has no moral standing to speak or act on matters of education or lack of it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by dabeto: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

Banking are privately owned company and if they don't have the capital to run their business how is that Buhari problem?

Most banks are running their Business on FG money and immediately Buhari implement the TSA they no longer see free money anymore leading to sacking of workers..
[color=#006600][/color]
Government responsibility is to create policies and enable environment for business to thrive. He came in and did the reverse.
Your explanation when to only bank. You left the others. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
aolawale025:
If the teachers are not competent, they should be laid off. However it should be done humanely. The government can offer to retrain them to be self employed for instance.

They shouldn't be trained for any other thing except teaching. They are certified graduates from A NIGERIAN higher institution. Nigeria should not be allowed to reject products if their education system, it's the height of Stupidity.

Few months ago was long vac holidays, if that government was a serious one, they would have trained them to a reasonable extent.
Idiotic Nation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why I Visited Obasanjo" - Bukola Saraki / Hanifa: Aisha Buhari Backs Calls For Public Execution Of Proprietor / BREAKING: Buhari Sends Embattled NHIS Boss On Administrative Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.