Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee (63145 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Respect55(m): 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
bunmioguns:
Doesn't even understand his stupid explanation
Rip English
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Kingbusssy(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
robosky02:
Algeria vs Nigeria: Why I awarded penalty against Super Eagles – Referee, Eric Otogo-Castane

Referee Eric Otogo-Castane of Gabon has provided explanation to the controversial penalty he awarded Algeria against Nigeria during last game of the group B World Cup qualifier in Constantine.

Algeria forced Nigeria to a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late penalty awarded to the Fennecs when Shehu Abdullahi was adjudged to have fouled Algerian winger Yacine Brahaimi in the box, a decision that shocked most football fans.

Replays showed the defender didn’t do much to warrant a penalty to be awarded against him, but referee Otogo-Castane explained to some Nigerian officials that his decision was right.

“Expectedly we asked questions after the game and the referee explained to us that the decision was taken based on a newly introduced law into the game, which allows for intention to be punished”, the NFF board member told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“He interpreted Shehu’s intention to impede the man, who stayed on his feet instead of going down from the tackle. The fact that the Algerian attacker Brahaimi didn’t go down is what made the decision to look like the wrong call according to him.

“Let’s be frank, he did his best considering the atmosphere he was under and especially after turning down numerous attempt by the Algerians to con him into giving them a penalty.

“Maybe Brahaimi should have been sent off before the incident which led to the goal, but I guess he didn’t want to lose grip of the match, which a red card to the Algerian captain would have triggered. It’s called game management and we understand his explanation.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/13/algeria-vs-nigeria-awarded-penalty-super-eagles-referee-eric-otogo-castane/

This Ref should be banished from football as a whole
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by sammiepraise(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
grin you are just lucky because your explaination doesn't make sense. to super eagles the match was like a friendly to them dey ave qualified already if not . the way fans will stone that your shining head.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by ReachHard: 12:00am On Nov 14, 2017
Trust me, these NFF people wey dey blow all these grammar now, dem no go dey talk like dis, if Super Eagles been dey for "Calculator Mode" during dat match.. By their antecedent, we shall know dem cheesy cheesy
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by mysteryman2014: 2:11am On Nov 14, 2017
Undesrstand his explanation cos Nigeria has already qualified.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by ebuz11(m): 3:06am On Nov 14, 2017
how can he say this when this ref. was banned because of this same offence, CAF, FIFA come oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBT4rsuk2xs
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by 2plus2: 3:59am On Nov 14, 2017
For me, the passion and righteous anger demonstrated by the Eagles during the drama have further built my confidence in the present crop of the Super Eagles. Although we've qualified that nevertheless didn't douse their desire to win.

If they can build on this mentality we are not too fall era of greatness in Nigeria football.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Kbs468(m): 4:17am On Nov 14, 2017
The penalty decision in the game against Nigeria versus Algeria and the controversial refereeing in the premier league match between ARSENAL AND MANCHESTER CITY are clear reasons why the deployment of Technology in ascertaining whether

1. some Goals should stand or not

2. Penalty decisions should be confirmed genuine or not

3. Restarting of football games via throw-ins or Corner kicks in the case of protests by the opposition to any decision of sort because too much wrong calls are becoming unbecoming of the Men in white and Black as they are fondly called.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2017
intention? same way ojukwu executed banjo,ifeajuna,alele and agbam based on "intention" not attempt or proof but on flimsy "intention" surely history did not forgive him.and history wont forgive this referee..
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by wambosamuel1980: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2017
This is arrant nonsense others decisions that they fail to do what happen? They stop deceiving us there is no fifa rules on anything he just Bleep up.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by holluphemydavid(m): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Dat idiota ref
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Valwarren: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2017
I have another understanding of him giving the penalty, some Gabonese have a deep hatred for Nigerians and I feel he's one of them. Maybe that was his own chance to wicked us...

Their is no explanation that can justify that historical blunder...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by hardemola023(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2017
African referee, abi Agbero.....

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2017
haha, the ref only wanted our boys to leave Algeria in one piece...thank you for that!!
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2017
robosky02:

the moment the referee awarded the penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7w-_Q_mvQ

you should see the video in HD and slow motion *0,25 , you will see that brahimi pass the defender and was going to the goal ( pic1 ) , the defender charge him from his back with both hands and try to grab him ( pic 2 ) , and brahimi resist to the charge, stayed on his feet instead of going down but lost the ball . and even when he fall he try to grab the leg of brahimi ( pic 3 )

So even my self if i was the refree i wouldnt give a penalty and i will let the action continue , but the decision of this refree could be justified according to the football rules . the player havnt touch the ball and touch the player ... penalty add to this this two players was fighin all the match ( the brahimi's headbutt attempt with same player) ? many refrees would give a penalty too

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by toprealman: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Do if my intention was to bash the ball on an opponent in an aggressive manner but then the ball ends up at the back of my net....do you cancel the goal and call for an infringement?
If my intention was to put the ball at the back of the net but unfortunately the ball goes wild, do you award a goal kick or a goal?
Lame excuse. Happy Blatter is no more near football..... the guy is a football Taliban!
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Adakintroy: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
kalufelix:

Stupid Talk
Cast As Draw By Who??

Zambia Already Beat Algeria On That Soil The Current Algerian Team Is No Match For The Super Eagles. If It Were To Be A Decisive Match Nigeria Could Have Easily Hit Them With 3+goals

As I Said Before If A Player Can Be Booked For Diving Why Can't A Player Be Booked For 'intended Foul Play'

There Are Instances In Football When A Player Injures Himself In The Process Of Trying To Foul His Opponent And The Decision Still Goes Against Him While The Opponent Is Just Fine It Doesn't Matter If Its In The Center Circle Or Inside The 6yard Box

Football Is A Professional Game And Not Based On Sympathy So Keep Calm And Let The Experts Guide You

Top Refereeing Once More...

What expert? Panalty decision are key decision in games, one don't just give them out as candies. A player leans on another player he himself goes to the ground the other player still retains the ball..even in an alternate football universe how is that a foul. If that were to happen in the middle of the pitch it still would not have been a foul. A sensible ref would have played the advantage since the man who was being foul is still on his feet and has possession.

Mr. There is a reason African refs never officiate on the big stage, you just saw one.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by dont8(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
hollandis:

You have obviously not travelled out of Nigeria .You will know racsm is real
Who says racism isn't real, my point is that the referee is an African, which means you're of the same race. So it can't be termed racism.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by hollandis(f): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
dont8:
Who says racism isn't real, my point is that the referee is an African, which means you're of the same race. So it can't be termed racism.
Nigeria vs France
Someone else mentioned ngr vs france , not algeria vs nigeria.Are you slow
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by dont8(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
hollandis:

Nigeria vs France
Someone else mentioned ngr vs france , not algeria vs nigeria.Are you slow
Are you alright? What does this topic all about. The guy was talking about racism on the match between Algeria and Nigeria and you're foaming in the mouth.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by ify84(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
biggerboyc:
you can get charger but follow come? I can't guarantee
Alright sir, at least, it will be original naa.
But if I order for a charger of 1500, I will still pay 1k for shipping?
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by hollandis(f): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
dont8:
Are you alright? What does this topic all about. The guy was talking about racism on the match between Algeria and Nigeria and you're foaming in the mouth.
I give up on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tijani Babangida Marries Maryam Waziri (Photos) / Jeremiah Johnson: '12-Year-Old' Football Player's Look Shocks Social Media Users / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.