Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful (971 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Lands In Nigeria Following His Lobbying Trip To South Africa.pics / Mama HID Awolowo Tongue-lashes Osinbajo & Wife / Emir Tongue Lashes Vice President Over Lateness To Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mekusxxx: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
Danjuma tongue-lashes lobbying ex-minister *Says he is shameless, ungrateful
Written by Idowu Samuel
Monday, March 22, 2010

FORMER ministers who once held sway in the absence of ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua in Nigeria have now started eating the humble pie as they have literally turned the personal residence of the chairman of the recently inaugurated Presidential advisory Council (PAC), General Theophilus Danjuma, into their second home to get his help to return to government.

advertisement

Some of the Yar'Adua loyalists, Nigerian Tribune can report, are very desperate to take back their old portfolios in the cabinet and are seeking the assistance of every known close associate of Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, while seeing Danjuma as the main factor who could influence their return to government.

One of the sacked ministers believed to be closely linked with Hajia Turai Yar'Adua, in his desperate bid to make the list of ministerial nominees, got more than he bargained for last Thursday, when he was thoroughly tongue-lashed by Danjuma, who called him an ingrate and shameless person.

The sacked minister from the South-West was taken to the residence of Danjuma in Asokoro, Abuja, by a friend of the former Defence Minister. But the General, on sighting him, reportedly dressed him down, recalling how he once assisted him to be minister without returning to say 'thank you.'

According to a source, Danjuma told the desperate former minister, it was through his efforts that he (sacked minister) became the Director-General of a popular non-governmental organisation greatly recognised by the Federal Government, a position he held for years before being named by Yar'Adua as a substantive minister in 2007.

Danjuma had appreciated the exploits of the sacked minister in his field and discipline, a reason he personally took his name to former President Olusegun Obasanjo who was said to have resolved to appoint him as DG of the agency.

The anger of Danjuma, according to one of the former minister's aides, was hinged on the failure by him to, at least, appreciate the good gesture of the General all through his period of stewardship as DG, and even after he became a minister eventually.

The chairman Presidential Advisory Council (PAC) had wondered how the former minister now deemed it fit to locate him, believing that he still existed to help him get appointment the second time,

despite his act of ingratitude.

The said former minister was one of the core-loyalists of President Yar'Adua who attempted to halt the process of empowering Jonathan as acting president.

Following his pleas, the minister may return to cabinet alongside a few among his colleagues, who reports said, had finally been considered as ministerial nominees whose names may be forwarded to the Senate for screening this week.

Reports from the Presidential Villa indicated that two lists had been drawn up for Acting President Jonathan, one of which contained names of fresh nominees from across the states and the other which comprised names of Yar'Adua-appointed ministers who were reportedly considered based on merit and performance.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mekusxxx: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
This sounds VERY MUCH like Osotimehin. Hahahaha!
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
Nigerian politics is just a script of jokes
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by ojimboIV: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2010
sounds like lanre babalola to me. grin grin grin
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mekusxxx: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Babalola did not head any position b4 now (infact he was an unknown entity), Osotimehin did (NACA)
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by GUARDS18: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
yeah its oshotimehin of course.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by ojimboIV: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

Babalola did not head any position b4 now (infact he was an unknown entity), Osotimehin did (NACA)

you may be right.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by Jarus(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

Correct
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
Is this how power is or is it because I ahve not tasted one before? Because I find hard to believe what I'm reading these days. I'm trying to imagine what could cause such desperation, especially from a respected professor like Osotimehin. If it were professional politicians, I'll not be that surprised, but I'm surprised at this coming from a person like Professor Osotimehin. I'm seriously confused.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by safariman(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
Whomever it is should have given Danjuma some more oil blocs so that he (Danjuma) would not know what he could do with the money
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mekusxxx: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Jarus:

Is this how power is or is it because I ahve not tasted one before? Because I find hard to believe what I'm reading these days. I'm trying to imagine what could cause such desperation, especially from a respected professor like Osotimehin. If it were professional politicians, I'll not be that surprised, but I'm surprised at this coming from a person like Professor Osotimehin. I'm seriously confused.

You give to much credit to Osotimehin. Now see how he disappoints you.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mbulela: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
Jarus:

mate, you are yet to understand Nigerian power.It corrupts totally, every man that obtains it,even in small measure.
It turns proper professionals into hustling politicians without ideology, principle or conscience.
This story might be a fabrication (as is a majority of the stories in the Nigerian media today, based on credible sources and unnamed sources) but i think it is very plausible.
You give too much credit to people based on articles in the papers that you know very little about the bias under pinning it.
That seems to be a common traits in your assumptions  grin
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by olabukola: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Is Danjuma and NIGERIANS or whatever not as stupid as the begger? In a country where thieves recomend ministerial position.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by marvix(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
What is Danjuma talking about what everyone does not realise is that power is transient and if Danjuma had wasted his time just to remind someone that he had asisted the person b4 he should realise dat wateva power he wields now is only temporary.
It is normal in humans that when we are looking for something we stretch out to find it but once we get it we settle down and make the best of it, do we have any idea how many people would have claimed to hav asisted d minister to d post and what was Danjuma xpecting dat d minista wld come to pay homage to him.hisses
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by desgiezd(m): 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
Jarus:

This, really, is power, money and politics and in Nigeria, the people that would not lobby for positions of power are very few.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2010
Am sure the Gen I know and work for is not expecting any gratification or favour whatsoever [what can an Oshotimehin give to the Gen anyway], all he demanded was just a visit to appreciate the role he played.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by marvix(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ilugunboy Bullshit.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by jumobi1(m): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
Danjuma can go Bleep himself. Why is he acting like a saint now? He helped the guy before when the guy probably didn't deserve it. I swear I hate Danjuma. He stole all his wealth from Nigeria and now wants to embarrass someone who is less of a devil than he is.
I freaking hate guys like him.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by olafolarin(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Gen. Danjuma Is all of a sudden a sought-after celebrity, I hope Osotimehin wont return,

In the PAC is also Fola Adeola-the pioneer MD OF GTB(Guaranty Trust Bank) who retired from the position at a young age of 40 years.He contested senatorial slot with OBJ's daughter but was muscled out by OBJ himself.OBJ subsequently removed him from the board of the ill-fated Transcorp for contesting against his daughter.
I hope he will use this opportunity to settle his score with OBJ and Gbenga Daniel.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by mbulela: 8:30am On Mar 23, 2010
olafolarin:

Gen. Danjuma Is all of a sudden a sought-after celebrity, I hope Osotimehin wont return,

In the PAC is also Fola Adeola-the pioneer MD OF GTB(Guaranty Trust Bank) who retired from the position at a young age of 40 years.He contested senatorial slot with OBJ's daughter but was muscled out by OBJ himself.OBJ subsequently removed him from the board of the ill-fated Transcorp for contesting against his daughter.
I hope he will use this opportunity to settle his score with OBJ and Gbenga Daniel.
There must be more important things in life than stoopping to the level of barbarians and lunatics.
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by DrKitaun(m): 10:28am On Mar 23, 2010
^Bless u bro
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by range123: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2010
i agree with you Des, the entrapment of power is such that it makes a man who will not lobby for it especially in Nigeria, a weakling, at least so it seems in this clime
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by PapaBrowne(m): 11:55am On Mar 23, 2010
mbulela:

There must be more important things in life than stoopping to the level of barbarians and lunatics.

Thank you!!
Re: Danjuma Tongue-lashes Lobbying Ex-minister *says He Is Shameless, Ungrateful by RichyBlacK(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
In parts of the world where barbarians are not in control, thieving idiots like Danjuma will be rotting in jail. What utter rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

''ibo Made'' Notebook Computer Trounces The Rest Of E'm / Is Jonathan Humble Or Weak? / Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.