Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! (964 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Nigeria Is A Zoo. Damn it!!....photos / How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by Beaf: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
[size=14pt]I’m the most popular candidate – Okotie[/size]

[img]http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Thumbnailer.aspx?image=\\fsvs02\target02\347050\www.inlng.com\web\content\\\DailyIndependent\resources\images\Politics 030411 .jpg&width=380&height=230&suffix=_thumb[/img]

Chris Okotie, presidential candidate of FRESH Democratic Party, believes that none of the candidates contesting election in Nigeria today is more popular than him. While saying the competence of the electoral umpire in Nigeria is excellent, he doubts the conduct of credible elections in the country. In this interview with Senior Correspondent, MARK MAYAH, he asserts that PDP has frustrated the Nigerian people for over a decade by its draconian leadership, hence change has become inevitable. Excerpts…

. . .

How popular is FRESH Democratic Party?

The party may not be as large as Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but the truth is that people are not going to vote for political parties this time around; they are coming to vote for candidates, individuals that they believe can run the affairs of this nation and protect their dreams and aspirations. It is true that the parties are saying vote this party and that party, but at the end of the day, the party is a faceless structure; it is the person who represents that party that Nigerians are going to listen to, and in this election, it will be based on personalities.

If you are talking of popularity, no person is popular than I am. That is the truth. So, my popularity in this nation precedes my political ambition. If it comes to standing shoulder to shoulder with the rest of them, I can assure you there will be none more popular than Okotie. It is that name and personality that Nigerians are going to vote for.

. . .

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=31479
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by efisher(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
Wait a while brother, Bakare is on his way to join you in the land of ILLUSIONS. After 2011, you will never walk alone in NEVERLAND.  grin grin grin
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by ektbear: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
FRESH Democratic Party sounds more like the name of a rap group than a serious group of politicians
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by danjohn: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by julioralph(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
shocked shocked you mean that the funky pastor is still running? na wa O
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by r231(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
danjohn:

I Am Reverend Chris Okotie grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEmGGJiQ9E
grin grin grin

funny ad
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by mbatuku1: 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why dont he learn from Utomi when to quit honorably?
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by danjohn: 12:05am On Apr 03, 2011
My advice for Reverend Chris Okotie is this:

Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by iluvnaija: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2011
COMMENTS LIKE ALL THESE HAS PUT US ALL WHERE WE ARE TODAY. COMPETENT PEOPLE LIKE OKOTIE, UTOMI AND DELE MOMODU ARE NOT VOTED FOR BUT INCOMPETENT DULLARD LIKE JOE AND CO GET VOTES.

I CRY FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by Ibime(m): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2011
He should sharrraaaap! Patrick Obahiagbon is the most popular man in Nigeria now, not Okotie!
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by danjohn: 2:11am On Apr 03, 2011
iluvnaija:

COMMENTS LIKE ALL THESE HAS PUT US ALL WHERE WE ARE TODAY. COMPETENT PEOPLE LIKE OKOTIE, UTOMI AND DELE MOMODU ARE NOT VOTED FOR BUT INCOMPETENT DULLARD LIKE JOE AND CO GET VOTES.

I CRY FOR NIGERIA.

My brother, Chris Okotie is not a good politician.  A good politician understands that developing your platform is very crucial.  Making you party have a presence in all 36 states, in all 774 local governments, and in all 8,812 wards is very important.  Some politicians like Awolowo made their platform secure a formidable presence in one political region and then tried to make inroads else where.  Aminu Kano made inroads in the NW.  Labor Party has done the same in Ondo state.  Chris Okotie has not done that anywhere.  He has not even focused on leadership development (the famous term for it is having political god sons).  He has not groomed anyone to make a formidable run for governor or senate or local government chairman.  He has not made any high profile recruits into his party.  Being articulate is not enough, you need to do these things to be formidable.

He has not even tried to build alliances.  I guess that is not possible for him.  For you to build alliances you need to be bringing something to the table and he brings nothing to the table.  Sweet words and ideas are not enough.  It is your platform that delivers those sweet words to the people.  How does the Mallam in Sokoto get to know your ideas?  How does the bus conductor get to know you?  It is through your platform.   You need a platform that is present in all 774 local governments and in all 8,812 wards.  A platform that has relationships with trade unions, market womens associations, okada riders associations, association of suya sellers whatever it is.  Your party needs to have that penetration.  Your phone book needs to have the names of business men who can help you with fund raising and bus conductors, trade union leaders, market women etc. who can monitor the polling station to make sure that electoral malpractice does not occur in any of the 120,000 polling stations.  Right now, I do not think that Okotie can get 120,000 nigerians to vote for him.  If Okotie cannot get 120,000 Nigerians to vote for him, where on earth do you expect him to find 120,000 people to monitor polling stations for his party?  Do you get my point?  You need more than ideas to win elections.  You need to have a party structure than can penetration into the rural areas and communicate with the 50%+ of Nigerians who cannot read and write; and the significant percent of our citizens who do not even speak English.

I have more respect for Bola Tinubu and Buhari despite all their shortcomings.  Buhari built a party that made inroads in the NW, NE, and partially in the NC and he tried (although unsuccessfully) to build an alliance with a party that has made inroads in the SW.  That is a pragmatic man who understands that politics is a game of numbers.  That is how you make yourself formidable.  If Obama was a member of the Green Party he would have lost.  Okotie needs to do his homework and build his platform.  Even if his party becomes a regional party, he can build alliances and make a formidable run for national office.  That my brothers and sisters is my two cents.  Shikena.
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by ektbear: 2:14am On Apr 03, 2011
^-- Well said.
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by bonetalk(m): 7:24am On Apr 03, 2011
^^@danjon, u have said it all, are u a politician? But u seemz to know more about d system, i like ur intelligence, i want u as friend on facebook, check gbenga4u or bonetalk33@yahoo.com. Thankz!
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2011
mehn, this pastor is actually popular, in his mind sha
Re: Okotie - Damn It! I’m The Most Popular Candidate! by dustydee: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2011
iluvnaija:

I CRY FOR NIGERIA.
what makes dele competent?pleasedo not abuse your freedom of expression

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Won’t Be President – Bakare / Congratulations To Prof. Attahiru Jega And Inec / Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.