Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Am Ready To Contend With Agents Of Lucifer – Obla On Alleged Receipt Of N1.2bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready To Contend With Agents Of Lucifer – Obla On Alleged Receipt Of N1.2bn (403 Views)

Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Contend With Agents Of Lucifer – Obla On Alleged Receipt Of N1.2bn by Danny287(m): 11:04am On Nov 14, 2017
Barrister Okoi Obono-Obla, the Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Prosecution has said that he is ready to contend with anyone who attempts to slander his image even if they are agents of Lucifer.

Mr. Obla stated this Monday, while reacting to a story allegedly published by The NIGERIAN PILOT that he collected NGN1.2 billion from former governors to stall their prosecution on corruption cases which he denied and said it was planted in a desperate and frenzied manner to impugn his integrity.

“A planted media story in a desperate and frenzied manner calculated to impugn my hard earned integrity will not cause me to back down. One of such stories planted by matrons and patrons of corruption enterprise is that I collected 1.2 billion (USD3,333,348 million GBP2,546,678) from politically exposed former governors. Gosh! The allegation is hollow as it is silly,” Obla wrote on Facebook.

He continued: “I am ever ready to contend with these agents of Lucifer and I have therefore instructed my lawyers to sue The Pilot and any media house that allows itself to be used to plant fake stories impugning my integrity.

“I repeat, defamers and slander mercenaries will not intimidate or deter me from carrying out my responsibilities. I was appointed to do a job and I remain committed to the trust shown in my appointment, my tasks at hand and most importantly my conscience,” Obla said.

He averred that the panel which has been the subject of his recent suspension has not even taken off and some people are so scared stiff that they plant such stories to cripple President Buhari’s anti-corruption efforts even as he wondered why he needs such an amount.

“What do I need such enormous amount of money for? I am a largely contented man. I also married a humble and God fearing woman who is an accomplished professional in her own right,” adding that; “I am content.”

Obla said he has been able to provide for his family and build houses in his home town Ugep, Calabar and Abuja from law practice and stressed that what he yearned for is to serve people which is why he elected to be a human rights activist and lawyer in 1991 when he finished his National Youth Service Corps.

Mr. Obla recently made headlines after the Presidency curtailed his media appearances and directed him to cease acting in the capacity of the chairman of the Presidential Committee on Recovery of Public Property. (Which has now been lifted)

Meanwhile, as at press time, CrossRiverWatch gathered that: Mr. Obla’s legal representative, Mr. First Isa has filed a lawsuit seeking NGN500 million (GBP1,061,116 USD1,388,895) in damages at the Federal High Court, Abuja as well as the retraction of the publication among others.

A date is yet to be fixed for the hearing,

http://crossriverwatch.com/2017/11/i-am-ready-to-contend-with-agents-of-lucifer-obla-on-alleged-receipt-of-n1-2bn-bribe/

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: I Am Ready To Contend With Agents Of Lucifer – Obla On Alleged Receipt Of N1.2bn by aolawale025: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
Trying to stay relevant!
Re: I Am Ready To Contend With Agents Of Lucifer – Obla On Alleged Receipt Of N1.2bn by dadavivo: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ogbono obla is a confirm looter and thief

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje's 'empowerment': Ad Hoc People, Ad Hoc Country By Pius Adesanmi / 'I Wish President Buhari Called Me Today Being My Birthday' Ayo Fayose / Suspected Biafra Members Parading Voter's Arena In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.