Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage (37261 Views)

Receipt Of Goodluck Jonathan’s N100M APC Presidential Form - Photos / DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore / Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by ijustdey: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2019
THE National President of the Nigeria Civil Service Union (NCSU) and member of the Joint Public Service Negotiating Council, Lawrence Amaechi, on Sunday confirmed the commencement of the minimum wage payment to junior workers on the federal payroll.

Amaechi said officers on grade levels 01 to 06 got the new minimum wage as their August salary.

He told The Nation that after the breakdown of negotiation between the government and the workers representatives on the consequential adjustment negotiation, the government went ahead to commence the payment of the wage to the workers.

The government had, in a circular, announced that workers on grade level 01 to 06 who are not involved in the consequential adjustment negotiation should begin to enjoy the new wage, a position organised labour rejected.

Amaechi said: “They have gone to commence the payment. They told us that they have started the payment and we have confirmed from our members that they were paid in August and have promised to pay the arrears in September.

“But, negotiations have stalled for now and during our last meeting, we said we were going to report to our principals, which we have done. We are waiting for directives from our members on what to do.

“But, we have started mobilising against them and hope that they will see reason and improve on what they are offering. we have adjourned and there is no date yet for the next meeting”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/labour-confirms-receipt-of-minimum-wage/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by passyhansome(m): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2019
First to comment

Life is not supposed to be painless, life is not designed to be painless, pain has its role in life, it is very necessary and useful because the best of ideas, solution, creativity, invention, innovation and fantastic answers to the problems confronting humanity is incubated in the womb of pain and birthed by men familiar with real pain.
Embrace your pain, think about it, cry about it, wine about it, complain and express everything you feel about it. Don’t let anyone keep you quiet or ask you to forget about it or tell you it’s okay, it is not, don’t let anyone use spirituality or maturity to shut you up, it’s human to have feelings, express all you feel as a human being. But make sure you recover from it, bury it and never return to it.

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by nurex01(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
Keep the good work but please, Famine is in town.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by olaolulazio(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
Next level wey no reach 100usd

6 Likes

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by utenwuson: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
Minimum wage means..... Minimum amount a salary earner earns, the shout by Labour to increase the amount on same percentage for all Cadre is bizarre, even our whole budget can service it, Labour should not only fight the federal government, most private schools are paying 10k,15k and at most 20k to their teachers, most state governors can't pay even relativity, in kogi, no promotion or whatsoever since Bello came to power, he only pay salary when buhari gives him bailout, any other allocation goes to his pocket and his chief of staff who built enyo filling station all over Nigeria, but buhari the anti corrupt man is supporting Bello who can't commission one single project. Nigeria is a problem to Nigerians...
Look at Qatar, look at dubai, we should be on Pair with them or better off course we have more resources than them but right now, Nigerians are going to Kenya, Ghana and all..... For greener pastures.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Noah2gud(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
Too much talk on this self
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by BubuZombi: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
We should be here talking about 50,000 - 80,000 minimum wage no this 30,000... I wonder what past administration have being doing... v,

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by franchasng: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
angry
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by straighttalk(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
Gone one
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by etugba(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
MaziRidwan:
Good day/sir
I'm a fresh graduate of University of Ilorin. My entire academic journey up till this level was sponsored. I do part time job during holidays to fend for my needs. Graduating list was recently released few days ago and slot for convocation fee payment has been made available. The total sum is 21k and I'm yet to get a job to make the payment. Convocation is 23rd of October. Kindly assist me as you deem fit. I pray God almighty continue to enrich your pocket.

Will you stop this nonsense?

I've been observing you for quite some time now, I'm sure one or two people in this forum must have helped you ...

Begging is better than stealing but beg with caution

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by sammyj: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
angry Hope disclosing this details to the public will not lead to inflation as our leaders are not wise at all. They lack economic principles !!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Tintinnoty(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
With situation of things across the country, is 30k take home enough to take you home and bring you to work the next day? We need Devine intervention in this country.

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Offpoint: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2019
Hi Nairalanders, I just want to let everyone reading this knows that I'm very angry.
Thank you.
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Sirpaul(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2019
Sometimes you have to let go of the picture of what you thought life would be like and learn to find joy in the story youare actually living.

5 Likes

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by money121(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by money121(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2019
passyhansome:
First to comment

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2019
Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage:-
It doesn't matter because the economy meltdown is Progressing every time, they will give you money with one hand and collect it with the other... Government of this era..

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by PussyKing(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2019
cheesy

I wonder why this has to drag for such a long time

Selfish leaders
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by Exwizaard: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2019
Bad news for some
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by netpro(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2019
Gradually and steadily, Nigeria will get it right.
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by nwamabo247(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2019
so their bank alerk go gbam.please dear nairalanders pls i need ur help.see my signature below
Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by TIGRITIS: 9:02am On Sep 23, 2019
And what is the fate of higher cadres? Is this how to increase salaries?

1 Like

Re: Labour Confirms Receipt Of Minimum Wage by eDoctorr(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2019
MaziRidwan:
Good day/sir
I'm a fresh graduate of University of Ilorin. My entire academic journey up till this level was sponsored. I do part time job during holidays to fend for my needs. Graduating list was recently released few days ago and slot for convocation fee payment has been made available. The total sum is 21k and I'm yet to get a job to make the payment. Convocation is 23rd of October. Kindly assist me as you deem fit. I pray God almighty continue to enrich your pocket.

Go and hustle joor, don't be lazy. we all have our individual challenges.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." / Osita Chidoka Graduates With LLB Second Class Upper From Baze University (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu Congratulates Trump For His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.