Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al (764 Views)

2019 Elections: SDP Emerges As Third Force - Tribune / 2019: PDP Governor Plots With Buhari’s Men - Tribune / 2019: Inec To Register 5 New Parties (tribune) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al by PurityPhils(m): 2:48am On Nov 15, 2017
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/popular-lawyer-ikechukwu-ikeji-dead/

�WARNING TO TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER et al.

Tribune Newspaper Must stop junk journalism and learn to give credit where it should be given.

Your reporter (Ayomide Owonibe Odekanyin) had no information on the death of Barr. Ikechukwu Ikeji who we at ALEDEH are mourning being a close friend of the publisher.

ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) broke the news. All your reporter did, was to go to www.aledeh.com and plagiarize the story. I have my style of writing and choice of words so when you lift it, I will know even without permission.

Do you have an editor?

If yes!

Why did your reporter (Ayomide Owonibe Odekanyin) publish Ikechukwu Ikeji's story without due credit given to ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) as the Source?

You don't expect ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) reporters to stay awake, get info, make calls, visits, confirm and reconfirm a story before going to the press, only for you to wake up from bed without moving a finger and pick the same story hours later with the same lines and claim it's yours.

What do you call this? Journalism? Big shame on you. Certainly, this is not the dream of the founding legend of Tribune Newspaper.

A lot of folks do this. But my publisher(Mr. Sulaiman Aledeh), tells me to ignore them. But I think its time I addressed this nonsense.

ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) broke the news on the appointment of Prof. Moji Christianah Adeyeye as the new NAFDAC DG on Friday, November 10 before the official announcement of her appointment was made on Tuesday, November 14 by the Presidency.

This same story, DailyPost NG, Linda Ikeji and a host of others published it without giving credit to ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) as the Source.

This isn't journalism. Where I was trained in the rudiments of journalism /mass communication (the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba, Lagos Nigeria) we don't call this journalism.

I am Philips Sunday and I am pushing this hashtag: #StopJunkJournalism to all Nigerian journalists and bloggers. In fact, the bloggers are a case for another day. Sincerely we must #StopJunkJournalism. Once a colleague then lifted from TheCable without credit and today the person is an ex colleague.

If you are an editor or an online publisher and you can't give credit to ALEDEH (www.aledeh.com) as the Source on an exclusive story please don't publish the story on your platform. Be Warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al by fellowman: 2:51am On Nov 15, 2017
sir, this should have been written in the politics section rather than games section.
Re: Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al by PurityPhils(m): 2:53am On Nov 15, 2017
Ok. Thanks. Please, moderators, help me fix it under politics. Thank you.
fellowman:
sir, this should have been written in the politics section rather than games section.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo / Poverty Ravaging Nigerians Under APC Govt – PDP / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Today Commissioned 300million Litre Tank Farm-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.