Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) (45660 Views)

The New Berger Bus-stop, Lagos Is Fast Degrading (PHOTOS) / Unbelievable!!! Truck Breaks Into Two At PWD Bus-stop, Lagos / Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by maxti: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:
when ibadan was a city and lagos was a town! cool

such is life cool

I remember the passage "Akin lives in the town of lagoon not far from city of Ibadan"

It is Agbo
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:
when ibadan was a city and lagos was a town! cool

such is life cool

I remember the passage "Akin lives in the town of lagoon not far from city of Ibadan"
akin Na Agbo o

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by isalegan2: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
ibedun:

Zenmaster, I am a Yoruba man happy, content and doing well in my fatherland, my ancestral land.

How does it feel to be igbo in Lagos state knowing you and your people are refugees, and constantly seeking relevance and recognition? And constantly and openly rejected. Please tell us......I want to know.

How do you also feel when you yapp 'no mans land' endlessly yet your children will be forced to learn and speak Yoruba. Kai!

Bros, let's be more charitable, please. I believe ZenMaster was just having a little fun and reacting to Igbophobic insults.

janellemonae:

I swear dt biafra can't come soon enough. So they can all be kicked out of the sw. I think d only yorubas dt are against Biafra are the ones not active on social media.

Thank you for acknowledging the epidemic of tribal warfare on the internet. It has gotten so bad, I am deluged with anti-Igbo rants and emailed links from a relative who doesn't interact with Igbos or hardly any Nigerians at all in years but has lately absorbed and taken seriously all the crazy tribal rhetoric they read on the internet!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by dman4mdmoon(m): 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
teresafaith:

Google is your friend

You should be the one to tell us since you are the one doubting the claim.
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2017

Shame
on all the ethnic crusaders on this thread. A beautiful thread is opened with a wonderful historical photograph of a key centre in the beautiful and historically rich city of Lagos, the melting pot of Nigeria and our spiritual and economic capital - and all I see is "Yoruba this, Igbo that".

Shame, shame, shame on all of you.

Every single one of you who has reduced this thread to such is a cursed and unexposed illiterate worth no more than the sweat from the balls of an Orangutan. Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nword22:

I can't remember any of my cousin that can speak Yoruba even after spending 30 years there, Lagos belong to the Igbos follow by the Binis.

Ibedun lives in an ivory tower along bar beach smiley
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Birminghamvirgo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
Lagos used to be a very beautiful city before it became the congested mess it is now, thanks to riff raffs from potopoto republic. And this was before oil oh, yet they will come here to tell you how Lagos was developed with oil, gala and fanyogo. Lagos that has been developed before their ancestors started wearing pants. Its shocking Aworis aren't even the ones asking for a separate country.

Not only the Aworis are Lagos indiges... The IJEBUS and the OGUS(EGUNS) also, buh if u re being skeptical about this; kome to Lagos state university and let's enlighten u more on Lagos history... Proudly IBILE

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Birminghamvirgo:
Not only the Aworis are Lagos indiges... The IJEBUS and the OGUS(EGUNS) also, buh if u re being skeptical about this; kome to Lagos state university and let's enlighten u more on Lagos history... Proudly IBILE
Are the land developers hearing this?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
Lagos used to be a very beautiful city before it became the congested mess it is now, thanks to riff raffs from potopoto republic. And this was before oil oh, yet they will come here to tell you how Lagos was developed with oil, gala and fanyogo. Lagos that has been developed before their ancestors started wearing pants. Its shocking Aworis aren't even the ones asking for a separate country.

1Nigeriya. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by bigfish3k: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

This one you're writing is epistle. Unless you've seen me posting against biafra, everything up there is junk. I'm tired of y'all repeating that line. Like I told your fellow I-pussy youth up there, if I had my way, I'd send y'all back to your shitholes today. grin
You're running away from your land to the southwest , but we are against you having your country lol. cheesy I never knew Yorubas held the keys to biafra. How many Yorubas died to keep you in Nigeria? Tell us their names. Yorubas that were doing owambe in their states while y'all were being suyanized. Gtfoh

weren't Yoruba soldiers involved in keeping the igbos in Nigeria in 1967

a Yoruba soldier was wounded in the latest aba operation

the civilians were doing owambe while ur soldiers were in the war front to make sure the invaluable igbos don't go

yes , I agree u people hold the key to sabotage

sensibly, we have to run away from our lands that u people dragged backwards
but we igbos are not interested in dragging u people backwards, its not in our DNA. we will share Lagos together

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Rmxr: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
bigfish3k:

weren't Yoruba soldiers involved in keeping the igbos in Nigeria in 1967

a Yoruba soldier was wounded in the latest aba operation

the civilians were doing owambe while ur soldiers were in the war front to make sure the invaluable igbos don't go

yes , I agree u people hold the key to sabotage

sensibly, we have to run away from our lands that u people dragged backwards
but we igbos are not interested in dragging u people backwards, its not in our DNA. we will share Lagos together

Thank God you said soldiers. Soldiers would defend the country whether they like it or not even if it against their interests. Heck! There are Igbo soldiers killing ipob members. I'd have taken you seriously if it were the average Yoruba man out there. Besides, Yorubas have never really been into military like that. "Yorubas hold the key to sabotage". Wtfuck does that even mean you bloody illiterate grin Yes, we dragged you backwards by taking away your federal allocations, by electing your governors for you. You're just confused mutherf****s. On one hand, you claim your region is the most developed, on another hand, you claim your region is backwards grin Just gtfo of my mentions. I won't reply you again

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by DrGoodmanFather: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Bede2u:
the old western region had only 3 cities then; Lagos, ibadan and Benin. The old Eastern region had 5; Enugu, onitsha, Aba, calabar and Ph
If Nigeria still had the Regional govt, the Eastern Region would be where the action is.

The war cost Igbos everything sad

Blame Ojuwkwu
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

Every leader since that time should be jailed and key of the prison thrown to the sea
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by bigfish3k: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

Thank God you said soldiers. Soldiers would defend the country whether they like it or not even if it against their interests. Heck! There are Igbo soldiers killing ipob members. I'd have taken you seriously if it were the average Yoruba man out there. Besides, Yorubas have never really been into military like that. "Yorubas hold the key to sabotage". Wtfuck does that even mean you bloody illiterate grin Yes, we dragged you backwards by taking away your federal allocations, by electing your governors for you. You're just confused mutherf****s. On one hand, you claim your region is the most developed, on another hand, you claim your region is backwards grin Just gtfo of my mentions. I won't reply you again

yorubas soldiers forcing Igbo civilians to remain with Yoruba civilians, so why are u now always pained that igbo civilians are in lagos hustling, when its the handi work of ur soldiers to keep us one

what am telling u is that if left alone without all these ur exclusive list junkies u used in holding us back. we will be greater

bombastic hypocrite , saboteur and illiterate combined

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by erico2k2(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
show us the beauty there plz.
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2017
bigfish3k:

yorubas soldiers forcing Igbo civilians to remain with Yoruba civilians, so why are u now always pained that igbo civilians are in lagos hustling, when its the handi work of ur soldiers to keep us one

Soldiers like Adekunle fought for a united and indivisible One Nigeria.

Yoruba should stop complaining about Igbos in Lagos.
Lagos is now OUR land. grin grin
cc Rmxr, Leez

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by oluwazoba25: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
oloshi omoale
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
oluwazoba25:
oloshi omoale
Oh, is that your middle name? Or the one you were baptised with, at birth??

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

You people have started your lies. Ojukwu's father had only 2 houses in the whole of Ikoyi. So how could he have almost bought up all Ikoyi?? Why do you people like telling such hopeless lies?? shocked
jamb office queens drive ikoyi Nnewi house apapa St Patrick primary school idumagbo pls let's not go there if know how many houses Western government stole from ojukwus family u won't say this, do u know when queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria for first time ojukwus father gave Nigerian government his rolls Roy's for queen to to parade with,how many house ur village get for ikoyi in the 60s?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
sad
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
nnokwa042:
jamb office queens drive ikoyi Nnewi house apapa St Patrick primary school idumagbo pls let's not go there if know how many houses Western government stole from ojukwus family u won't say this, do u know when queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria for first time ojukwus father gave Nigerian government his rolls Roy's for queen to to parade with,how many house ur village get for ikoyi in the 60s?

Guy, abeg stop your propaganda. The list of Ojukwu's properties in Ikoyi is in public domain. They are very few. So how can you say he owned almost all the properties in Ikoyi? shocked

Do you know how big Ikoyi is? How many streets and houses are in old Ikoyi? From Bourdillon Road, to Kingsway Road, Bank Road, Glover, Bedwell, Cooper Road, Milverton, Lugard, MacPherson, Probyn, Adeyemi Lawson, Cameron Road, Turnbull, Osborne, Rumens, Webb Road, Queens Drive, Temple, Forsberry, Ilabere, McDonald, Oroke drive, Shaw Road, Mulliner, Gerrard, Alexander Road, Reeve Road, Moseley, Hawksworth, Ruxton, Rumsey, Thompson Avenue, etc. It is a big district. How many houses did Ojukwu's father own?

At least when Dim Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu went to court to claim his late father's properties back from govt, everything was listed out. So why are you exaggerating that Ojukwu's father owned almost the whole of Ikoyi? Or did they tell you Idumagbo and Apapa are inside Ikoyi?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by konfused: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

Then what exactly is stopping other Yoruba states from being like Lagos.....

Nwa ndi ara grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by ibedun: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nword22:

I can't remember any of my cousin that can speak Yoruba even after spending 30 years there, Lagos belong to the Igbos follow by the Binis.

I pity your flat/head, telL Kalu or any other Igbo 'leader' to voice out this frustrain in your people then you will know the score.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by babydioku(f): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

This is rich coming from a flattieee. You have the guts to call people cowards. Like The fuc++king guts!!! And wth is "cowardic" you Aba illiterate. grin cheesy

you ibadan afrognja go and do something about your oba that was carted away by nigerian army for more than six months now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
konfused:
Then what exactly is stopping other Yoruba states from being like Lagos.....

Nwa ndi ara grin
Obviously, in your lineage your surname is ndi ara, which is why you find it easy to use it against others.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

you ibadan afrognja go and do something about your oba that was carted away by nigerian army for more than six months now
you deserve pizza grin grin
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by babydioku(f): 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:

THE TWO GREATEST MEN IN IGBO HISTORY RAN
AWAY FROM DEATH.

-Ojukwu ran away to ivory coast dressing like a woman
-Nmamdi kanu ran to no where.he is just a "mouth
warrior" like all IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews
bloody cowards!

FOR INFORMATION,IN YORUBALAND,AARE ONAN
KAKANFO MUST EITHER RETURN VICTORIOUS FROM
WAR OF KILLED BY WAR.

IN YORUBA LAND,Nnamdi kanu and ojukwu are too
weak to be worriors.They are women

yea just like the a-frog-nja warrior who dashed the fulanis ilorin just to save his skin. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

yea just like the a-frog-nja warrior who dashed the fulanis ilorin just to save his skin. grin
cc Danladi7

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Danladi7: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

Normal cowardly IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews tales by moonlight grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Danladi7: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
zenmaster:

cc Danladi7
This one is looking for Danladi7 attention grin

Call your fellow coward IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews to come an masturbate with you.I'm very busy.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by babydioku(f): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:

Normal cowardly IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews tales by moonlight grin

what about a-frog-nja cock and bull story about their ancestor falling from the sky? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane / Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.