Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) (45705 Views)

The New Berger Bus-stop, Lagos Is Fast Degrading (PHOTOS) / Unbelievable!!! Truck Breaks Into Two At PWD Bus-stop, Lagos / Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Rmxr: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

yea thanks to the white men then who conquered cowardic afonjas without them putting up a fight

This is rich coming from a flattieee. You have the guts to call people cowards. Like The fuc++king guts!!! And wth is "cowardic" you Aba illiterate. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
Lagos used to be a very beautiful city before it became the congested mess it is now, thanks to riff raffs from potopoto republic. And this was before oil oh, yet some daftees will come here to tell you how Lagos was developed with oil, gala and fanyogo. Lagos that has been developed before their ancestors started wearing pants. Its shocking Aworis aren't even the ones asking for a separate country.
stop whining

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Rmxr: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nwaisuochi:
Bingo why don't you allow the "potopoto" people to go in peace so that you can turn Lagos back to paradise? Why do you develop epilepsy when you hear the word 'Biafra '?

It shall never be well with those who are against biafra. If I had my way, I'll send all of you back to your potopoto shitholes TODAY

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Danladi7: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

yea thanks to the white men then who conquered cowardic afonjas without them putting up a fight

THE TWO GREATEST MEN IN IGBO HISTORY RAN
AWAY FROM DEATH.

-Ojukwu ran away to ivory coast dressing like a woman
-Nmamdi kanu ran to no where.he is just a "mouth
warrior" like all IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews
bloody cowards!

FOR INFORMATION,IN YORUBALAND,AARE ONAN
KAKANFO MUST EITHER RETURN VICTORIOUS FROM
WAR OF KILLED BY WAR.

IN YORUBA LAND,Nnamdi kanu and ojukwu are too
weak to be worriors.They are women

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Leez(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
zenmaster:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin No be me talk am oh
cc Leez
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:
THE SAME OBA CALL YOU IPOB TERRORISTS AND ABA MADE JEWS IDIOTS
Oba says Lagos isn't Yoruba enclave, from what you posted he didn't debunk what he said earlier about not being Yoruba state.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Leez(m): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
zenmaster:
Yoruba land ? ? ? grin grin
cc Leez

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Diiet:
And yet some ingrates will still shamelesly open their gutter mouths and claim they developed lagos. The pic was taken about 80 years ago when most of their ancestors didn't know the road to yorubaland.
ewu Congo like u , zik was born in zungeru northern Nigeria in the year 1904 ask ur aturu self if his parents trekked to zungeru or with transportation,not to talk of 30s when did u think ojukwus father almost bought all ikoyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Danladi7: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
post=62431717:

Oba says Lagos isn't Yoruba enclave, from what you posted he didn't debunk what he said earlier about not being Yoruba state.

THAT NOW MADE YOU IPOB TERRORISTS AND ABA MADE JEWS VERY HAPPY grin....when bini people self kept silent

you guyz have serious problem grin
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
BestySam:
What was the original name? I'm they recently renamed it.

Lol! So u don't know dt tinubu square is named after madam efunroye tinubu. She was controlling Lagos island in the 1800's. Dt has been d name of the square since it's inception. Clearly ur not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by no1madman(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Okkk

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by ACE1010: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Diiet:
And yet some ingrates will still shamelesly open their gutter mouths and claim they developed lagos. The pic was taken about 80 years ago when most of their ancestors didn't know the road to yorubaland.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nowenuse: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
Bede2u:
the old western region had only 3 cities then; Lagos, ibadan and Benin. The old Eastern region had 5; Enugu, onitsha, Aba, calabar and Ph
If Nigeria still had the Regional govt, the Eastern Region would be where the action is.

The war cost Igbos everything sad

You are very correct. I am not Igbo, but believe me, that war was the biggest mistake Igbos ever made. Just see how they lost control of that powerful eastern region.
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by datribune: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
Bede2u:
the old western region had only 3 cities then; Lagos, ibadan and Benin. The old Eastern region had 5; Enugu, onitsha, Aba, calabar and Ph
If Nigeria still had the Regional govt, the Eastern Region would be where the action is.

The war cost Igbos everything :(

Story!. How is it anyone's fault dat d Igbo allowed themselves to be led on a suicidal war they could never win?.
Have d Igbo learnt any lessons frm dat unfortunate episode?. Recent events like d Kanu/IPOB saga seem to suggest that many, especially d youth learnt very little frm d dangers inherent in lining behind an obstinate leader who can only lead them to avoidable ruination.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by isalegan2: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
johnstar:
Weytn make we do??

That criminal

It wasn't named for the APC politician but for Madam Efunroye Tinubu, a successful Egba-born Lagos businesswoman in the 1800s. READ YOUR HISTORY BOOKS!

https://www.nairaland.com/1270134/great-african-women-history#15434067
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:

It shall never be well with those who are against biafra. If I had my way, I'll send all of you back to your potopoto shitholes TODAY

I swear dt biafra can't come soon enough. So they can all be kicked out of the sw. I think d only yorubas dt are against Biafra are the ones not active on social media.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
nnokwa042:
ewu Congo like u , zik was born in zungeru northern Nigeria in the year 1904 ask ur aturu self if his parents trekked to zungeru or with transportation,not to talk of 30s when did u think ojukwus father almost bought all ikoyi
You people have started your lies. Ojukwu's father had only 2 houses in the whole of Ikoyi. So how could he have almost bought up all Ikoyi?? Why do you people like telling such hopeless lies?? shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Oselu28(f): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
the population was moderate then
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:

THAT NOW MADE YOU IPOB TERRORISTS AND ABA MADE JEWS VERY HAPPY grin....when bini people self kept silent

you guyz have serious problem grin
Lamentation from January to December nothing will happen
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Rmxr: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
janellemonae:

I swear dt biafra can't come soon enough. So they can all be kicked out of the sw. I think d only yorubas dt are against Biafra are the ones not active on social media.

I swear it beats my imagination why any Yoruba man would be against their so-called Biafra as if we have anything to lose. I think it's just the typical Yoruba "political correctness" at play. Our people like forming detribalized. Maybe they will wake up someday when they realize they've been outnumbered. I hope it wouldn't be too late by then.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Danladi7: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
post=62432240:
Lamentation from January to December nothing will happen
cool
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by bigfish3k: 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rmxr:
Lagos used to be a very beautiful city before it became the congested mess it is now, thanks to riff raffs from potopoto republic. And this was before oil oh, yet they will come here to tell you how Lagos was developed with oil, gala and fanyogo. Lagos that has been developed before their ancestors started wearing pants. Its shocking Aworis aren't even the ones asking for a separate country.

any tribe asking for a separate country(twice), are too confident of themselves staying alone without any help from anybody or any tribe...
like the Catalans, they are very prosperous and can stand on their own... they don't need ur help that u are forcing on them. go help urselves first

yes the igbos developed lagos with gala and yoghurt and oil money ... if we are not valuable to u, you would have desired for us to leave u
people without sending ur soldier sons and daughters to stake their blood to keep us. if we are not valuable... do u know how many Yoruba sons and daughters died in 1967 civil war just to keep us with u. why forcing us and still complaining?

igbos are too invaluable

like the Catalans, its only the independent minded and prosperous people that always tend to leave, so that others wouldn't be dragging them back as u people are doing now
if ur tribe is as confident that they can develop without igbos let them try to leave us and form ur own country

igbos are great jare

so stop talking rubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by internetpo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Please someone tell me, show me a picture of the square as it is currently?

Need bulk sms marketing system that delivers
instantly, has delivery statuses and refunds you for undelivered messages? try
www.smsmarketingportal.com
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Leez(m): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

You people have started your lies. Ojukwu's father had only 2 houses in the whole of Ikoyi. So how could he have almost bought up all Ikoyi?? Why do you people like telling such hopeless lies?? shocked

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
babydioku:

Without putting up a fight?? How do u think u got ur independence?? You should read about Herbert Macaulay & the struggles between the traditional rulers (and there were a few across the island) and the colonialists.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Rmxr: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
bigfish3k:

any tribe asking for a separate country(twice), are too confident of themselves staying alone without any help from anybody or any tribe...
like the Catalans, they are very prosperous and can stand on their own... they don't need ur help that u are forcing on them. go help urselves first

yes the igbos developed lagos with gala and yoghurt and oil money ... if we are not valuable to u, you would have desired for us to leave u
people without sending ur soldier sons and daughters to stake their blood to keep us. if we are not valuable... do u know how many Yoruba sons and daughters died in 1967 civil war just to keep us with u. why forcing us and still complaining?

igbos are too invaluable

like the Catalans, its only the independent minded and prosperous people that always tend to leave, so that others wouldn't be dragging them back as u people are doing now
if ur tribe is as confident that they can develop without igbos let them try to leave us and form ur own country

igbos are great jare

so stop talking rubbish

This one you're writing is epistle. Unless you've seen me posting against biafra, everything up there is junk. I'm tired of y'all repeating that line. Like I told your fellow I-pussy youth up there, if I had my way, I'd send y'all back to your shitholes today. grin
You're running away from your land to the southwest , but we are against you having your country lol. cheesy I never knew Yorubas held the keys to biafra. How many Yorubas died to keep you in Nigeria? Tell us their names. Yorubas that were doing owambe in their states while y'all were being suyanized. Gtfoh

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:

cool
Ikemba Ojukwu's father, Nigeria first richest man, first Nigeria to own house in Ikoyi has been waxing strong back then

Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Bede2u(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nword22:

The war don't cost Igbos any shiit, are we not better than the other tribes when it comes to development and riches?

Stop your Kayota noise.
we are babaa but we could have been miles ahead.
Ojukwu's father was nigerias dangote then, zik president, aguiyi chief of army, nwafor orizu senate president
Oil wells were in our region and we owned them 50%
There was peace in the region unlike the wild wild west
Re: Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nword22:

I can't remember any of my cousin that can speak Yoruba even after spending 30 years there, Lagos belong to the Igbos follow by the Binis.

You know no one believes u. It then begs the question: why are u lying to yourself?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? / The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.