Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] (39111 Views)

Lagos Bans Trucks, Trailers On Roads In Day Time / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government / Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by bigtt76(f): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2017
E don de be that grin
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by ba7man(m): 5:37am On Nov 17, 2017
Wow.....me that okada just saved me when I was running late for and early morning flight. shocked

I was just flying past the hold-ups thanking God for okada.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Sagay212: 5:50am On Nov 17, 2017
Useless governor will ban okada but won't ban agbero. Mega city indeed...mad peoole
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Mac2016(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2017
Show of government's total disconnect from masses' plight.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by hush15: 7:02am On Nov 17, 2017
Ezechinwa:
Nigeria, the only key to our problems is to improve our educational sector,
We have more than 70% of the youth population who are graduates, but cannot produce anything meaningful with their knowledge, simply because, they weren't provided with the right knowledge.
This action by the government is a good but also a bad one,
bad in the sense that, the crime rate would triple,

If we only take the oil sector seriously an ignore the educational sector, we will only keep pilling problems for our unborn kids.
it's like a circle, we are just going around....

You may have a point but I still stand with LASG on this. This group of motorist banned are a public nuisance. They don’t know how to go about their trade at all. They are not safe, not coordinated, not organised, filthy, selfish and greedy at the same time, lazy and therefore presenting themselves as public nuisance. They bring more problems than the solutions they provide.

What is even more amazing is the influx of northerners Who ran away from their troubled regions rather than confront their challenges and develop creatively their region, will come to lagos and before you know it, are into okada or Keke Marwa business. They are already a security threat already cos these northern migrants numbers are growing exponentially and before you know it and with the divisive current situation of things, they can challenge authorities. This is not to say they are not welcomed but you know how these guys are volatile in their character.

Not to deviate from the topic, Lagos state government should not only ban them and enforce their laws, they should engage the local security agencies to provide protections to protect their citizens and curb crime level at all cost, also they should try to check, then control population and monitor rural-urban migration if they ever want their infrastructure to serve the people well.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by shegxi(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2017
lamideee:
na wa oooo,which road come remain? more crime on the street
abeg jor, those okada guys are nuisssance. Good riddance to bad rubbish.......so wa pa?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by judgedredd22(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2017
youmour:
Make dem just say dem don ban am na which one dem dey name every junction for road as if we be uber.

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by principalgee: 7:48am On Nov 17, 2017
It is time to construct propeller and wing to okada and keke, so that they can fly at least they are only banned on road not sky

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Estybluess(f): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2017
That's like everywhere in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by amoritealu: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2017
9jayes:
Na only my Oshodi remain
na where again come remain for them?
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by wckabuoh(m): 7:58am On Nov 17, 2017
Even inside towns like Festac These guys must be out of their minds!!
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by glossy6(f): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2017
ifyalways:
Chai, people go suffer oo
after using okada riders to garner votes, that's how they are rewarded.
Let's brace up because it will be tough!
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by tete7000(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2017
hush15:

You may have a point but I still stand with LASG on this. This group of motorist banned are a public nuisance. They don’t know how to go about their trade at all. They are not safe, not coordinated, not organised, filthy, selfish and greedy at the same time, lazy and therefore presenting themselves as public nuisance. They bring more problems than the solutions they provide.

What is even more amazing is the influx of northerners Who ran away from their troubled regions rather than confront their challenges and develop creatively their region, will come to lagos and before you know it, are into okada or Keke Marwa business. They are already a security threat already cos these northern migrants numbers are growing exponentially and before you know it and with the divisive current situation of things, they can challenge authorities. This is not to say they are not welcomed but you know how these guys are volatile in their character.

Not to deviate from the topic, Lagos state government should not only ban them and enforce their laws, they should engage the local security agencies to provide protections to protect their citizens and curb crime level at all cost, also they should try to check, then control population and monitor rural-urban migration if they ever want their infrastructure to serve the people well.

You talk as if the society you live as a whole is organized and coordinated. As if it is only okada riders and not even can owners and bus drivers that exhibit the same flagrant disregard for traffic laws in Lagos. Your tirade reflect more of a person motivated by fear of other Nigerians than one genuinely seeking for solution to problem. Sadly, the last time I checked Nigeria is still a nation where everyone irrespective of tribe must learn to coexist together. Nigeria is still a nation where states, including Lagos go every month to the centre to collect allocation accruing from elsewhere to develop their states. If you share from other people's largesse, you must be willing to share in their pain. Hausa, Fulani, ibiobio, efik, itsekiri, urhobo, etc are Nigerians and have rights to live anywhere within boundary of Nigeria. Before people like you seek to pursue other from Lagos, you need to wait first for the country to disintegrate.
Why I am not totally against restricting okada to certain routes, have you checked the list released by Lagos state? If I may ask, how many routes remain that has not been excluded? Why include keke in the prohibition list? O!, you have a car and all you want to do is have a free and undisturbed ride across Lagos? You are just like your leaders, selfish, parochial and self-centred in your thinking. Quite unfortunately your cousins and those not well to do like you within your family will also be affected. Every year your government people visits graduating students and youth corpers and told them not to wait for government to help them but should rather think of how them will help themselves. Irresponsible leaders who have not provided power and other amenities for people to thrive but who have rather stolen Commonwealth and use it to fund their children ostentious living abroad. Yet, when the same people they refused to help resort to helping themselves riding okada, they come out with support of your likes and ban their out of existence in order to create a London for themselves in Nigeria. They can't have peace because they are wicked, and heartless people who have nothing to offer in terms of leadership and yet burden poor man with extortion and obnoxious law. The solution they proffer for your information can't stand because it doesn't conform to reality on ground. It is based on lie and falsehood and will soon fall apart. When election comes around the corner, the same idiots will relax their senseless list to curry votes and sadly the mumu people too will go out and vote instead of seeking ways to rid themselves of selfish leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Lovexme(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2017
Shouldn't the dumb government be fixing roads first before banning bikes and tricycles in Lagos?

They even banned both on Liasu road. How do we that leave home very early get from Ile-iwe to Council or vice versa that early? They must be very mad!
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by relevanteism(m): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2017
The problem is not with the ban but the available options. I was in Idumota recently and it was hell getting to Oyigbo. I had to trek cos Ambode is using this mechanism to empower the military and paramilitary people. You will hear price like #1000 for a few distance by the opportunist empowered people.
No problem banning them but there should be a better alternative on ground before doing this.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by mildflame: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2017
OKADA KEKE shud neva have been allowed in FESTAC...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by murmee: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2017
BabbanBura:

i thought Lagosians would rejoice with this devwlopment - it seemed am wrong!
Are u guys enjoying the choas these okada and keke guys create on the roads?
I Wonder ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by sylve11: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2017
nittroboy:
Oworo cheesy
grin grin cool
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by mechanics(m): 8:59am On Nov 17, 2017
From bike to Kekenapep, the state govt want to make people poorer o.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by martins946: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Tunks2017(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2017
janellemonae:

One very good idea is bicycles. And it will help a lot of obese people lose weight. grin

Actually this is used in London and other big cities trying to discourage cars on d road. Corporations sponsor and purchase these bicycles ( their names are splattered all over it - as adverts). They are placed at train stations, bus stations, major junctions. You put in a coin and pick one. When ur done u drop it at another station near ur destination.

Now dt was someone thinking outside the box.

Bicycle � is one of the most modest and economical means of average range transport, cheesy
Big cities in Europe like Amsterdam are 52% on bicycles...................
Lagosians should embrace it................. Even in the 1970's most Lagosians cycled to and fro wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by blessedmeme: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2017
Make them guguma tell us to dey trek go anywhere wey we wan go, ok how which one come remain. Somebodi help me tell them say make them ready for wahala wey go follow am, hunger and stealing go full everywhere for broad day light, fighting and murder go full everywhere
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Nwaoma198(f): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2017
Ohh my God naa to slim down be this oooo lipsrsealed iju and agbado road lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by tundeport(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2017
Omg,which road remain them,kuku,ban them kee
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2017
AfriAskMen:
I support it. We need yellow taxis in Lagos doing the job of okadas. That it how it was in the 1990s and early 2000s before okadas took over Lagos.

Have you thought about the implication of what u said on traffic?
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2017
Okadas are already banned from a lot of the roads that have serious traffic hold ups in Lagos.

sureguy02:

Have you thought about the implication of what u said on traffic?
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by PRINCEVICKEY: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
FG HAS FINALLY CREATED ANOTHER SOURCE OF FOOD POLICE....THES ARE THINGS THAT MAKE DEM HAPPY .....NIGERIA POLICE WORST RANKING IN D WORLD ...HAAAA
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by lamideee(f): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
shegxi:
abeg jor, those okada guys are nuisssance. Good riddance to bad rubbish.......so wa pa?
I gentle ooo,se ise nlo? what about the keke drivers? na them plenty for my area
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by shegxi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
lamideee:
I gentle ooo,se ise nlo? what about the keke drivers? na them plenty for my area
adupe......okada fatality is worse when you compare to napep.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by lamideee(f): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2017
shegxi:
adupe......okada fatality is worse when you compare to napep.
i know jare,na them sabi sef.
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by emeths: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ambode , Ambodee Ambodeee!!!
How many times I call you.
Easy ooo!!!
Re: Lagos Bans Okada, Keke From 520 Roads, Areas [full List] by Exqwizit(m): 4:42am On Nov 18, 2017
There are some roads that are in a very deplorable state on this list. It's better the roads are rehabilitated that banning okada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Your Experience With Emirate Airline / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.