Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" (4225 Views)

Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / Is It Provocative To Call Jesus A Prophet / The Real Truth Why Olumba Olumba Church Does Not Call Jesus Christ While Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by ebenice(m): 5:44am On Nov 23, 2017
mujahid777:

Lol...grin
You guys keep shooting yourself at your own foot.What He(SAW) performed was simply the prostration of forgetfulness-something encountered by all Muslims.
grin cheesy grin

Smh
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2017
pls, muslims brothers an sisters , i have always said this, that any argument u undergo with anybody either muslims, christians, jew or other folks that involve insult, abuse, lies should be discarded.. there are rulings for arguments and reason, plss lets stop , whoever would abuse would abuse, lets just stop for allah's sake..its soooo serious.. [/size][size=8pt]
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2017
aribisala0:
Is your right to believe that the Quran is right greater than the right or others to believ that it is nonsense?

That is what this thread is about.

So from that perspective What the Quran say is not relevant

You are free to say Muhammed is a messenger of God and others are free to say there is no God so there can be no Messenger
Others may say Jesus Christ is God
Whilst others may say Patience Jonathan is Jesus

Freedom is the issue here not doctrinal correctness
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2017
This thread is about freedom
Freedom of belief and freedom to speak about your beliefs
If Muslims are free to call Jesus a prophet as they sincerely believe then
Christians must be free to call Muhammed a false prophet as they sincerely believe
Both of these two religions sincerely believe African deities are idols and say so publicly
African religion practitioners too should be free to say what they think of these two imported religions
Just as atheist too should be

The moment one religion starts arrogating the power to say there is a NO GO AREA then everyone can have a NO GO AREA
Why should Christians and Muslims get away with calling anything an "idol"?

To say there is a God at all is offensive to the atheist but if they can tolerate that then others too must tolerate any and everything
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by Maamin(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=bahaushe1 post=62565678]

1. Allaah left the protection of Torah and Gospel to the Rabbis and Priests who failed in their part to protect it. This is a test from Allaah which they failed. Secondly, Allaah has decreed that Quran will be His last book to mankind. So, protecting Torah and Gospel from distortion would have been inconsequential because rulings of the original Torah and Gospel would have been abrogated by Quran all the same. Thirdly, distorted Torah and Gospel are being used by Allaah to test His servants who claimed to have believed in Allaah and in the Prophets that brought the books.

Still doesn't add up or make any sense to not protect his Word as he claimed to protect quran.

2. Anybody born after Muhammad (pbuh) was called to prophethood belongs to the nation of Muhammad (pbuh). He is expected to use Quran as his divine guidance. There is no need for any Muslim to look for original Gospel or Torah because their laws doesn't apply to the nation of Muhammad (pbuh).

So in other words those that were born before he was called to prophethood don't need the quran right? Just like you muslims does not need the Torah and the gospel. If you don't need the Torah and the gospel..what about the part of the quran that compels you to ask the people of the book if you are in doubt. Besides you accuse the Torah and Gospel if being corrupted the onus is on you people to bring forth the original one.

3. Meaning of Gospel? I do not know. What I am required is to believe that Allaah send Jesus (pbuh) with Gospel and I believed.

If you are to believe that Allah sent Jesus with the Gospel is it not as important as knowing what that Gospel is? If you don't know the meaning of Gospel how can you understand it significance or sure that the Gospel was even corrupted?

4. [s]Masih (Messiah) means someone who touches ill people and get them healed[/s] by Allaah's leave. Allaah granted Jesus (pbuh) miracles just like He granted Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) miracles. These are signs from Allaah granted to His messengers with which people of sound mind can see the divinity of their calling.

I don't know where you got that ur meaning/definition of Messiah but it is ridiculous grin, come on..Jesus and Moses's miracles we know but that of Muhammed remains questionable. And why were Moses and Muhammed not called Messiah by your own definition of the word "Messiah"?

5. Allaah's name is Allaah, The Mighty, The Creator of the earth, heavens, and all that is within them. To Him belongs the most beautiful names and the attributes of completeness and perfection. There is no deity worthy of worship then Him.

Every language has the word they use to refer to God. As you also know that the word "God" is a title for supreme and mighty being or entity.

English = God
Hebrew = Elohim
Aramaic = Elah
Greek = Theo
Arabic = Allah
And so on...

The meccans worshipped Allah before Jibril came to Muhammed to reveal the quran. What distinct name is your God as Allah is Arabic word for God and even the pagans worshipped him before Mohammed and Jesus was a Jew who must have worshipped the Hebrew God who's name is Yahweh and also all the previous prophets before him. why is Muhammed's Allah don't have a name?
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
aribisala0:
Christians must be free to call Muhammed a false prophet as they sincerely believe
Both of these two religions sincerely believe African deities are idols and say so publicly
African religion practitioners too should be free to say what they think of these two imported religions

The moment one religion starts arrogating the power to say there is a NO GO AREA then everyone can have a NO GO AREA

To say there is a God at all is offensive to the atheist but if they can tolerate that then others too must tolerate any and everything
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by donnie(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
It is supposed to provocative but we're Christians with self control.
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by bahaushe1: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Dear Maamin.

1. Allaah created mankind in order to test them. He who pass the test is rewarded with heaven while he who fail is punished with hellfire. Everything Allaah does or decreed concerning the life of this world is to achieve this divine purpose.

Had Allaah will He would have created mankind same colour, same nation, and establish them on a single true religion. But this would have defeated the purpose for which mankind was created. To have a basis for testing manking on religious beliefs, it is rational for Allaah present His true religion to mankind in the most sound form, supported by incontrovertible evidences and at the same time allow other religious beliefs to continue to exists. People of sound mind will have no difficulty identifying the soundness and truthfulness of the true religion of Allaah and adhering to and identifying the fake religions and staying away from them.

Allaah choose His servant Moses (pbuh), revealed His book (Torah) to him, and send him to the Pharaoh and Children of Israel. After Moses (pbuh) Allaah continue to send Prophets to Children of Israel up to the team me of Prophet John the Baptist (pbuh).

Children of Israel are generally rebellious people, whenever there was no Prophet of Allaah amongs them they stay away from the teachings of the Torah and follow their lust and desires. Sometimes they go to extend of rejecting, mocking, and even killing innocent Prophets of Allaah. For the Torah, they use to deliberately temper with its recital by mentioning things that are not there or covering verses whose rulings they did not like. While the Prophets lives among them they stop them from doing all these. Perhaps that is why Jews have the highest number of Prophets of Allaah. Those among them who followed the Prophets will be rewarded with heaven and those who persisted in disbelief and followed their lust and desires will be rewarded with hellfire.

Jesus (pbuh) was sent to them at a time when there was wild corruption among them. He was to reinforce the teachings of the Torah just like the previous Prophets before but in addition he was also a messenger of Allaah just like Moses (pbuh). This means he has brought another book in addition to the Torah. All those that were following the true teachings of the Torah were expected to follow Jesus (pbuh) because the period of messengership of Moses (pbuh) ended with emergence of Jesus (pbuh). Those of them who were rightly guided recognized the genuineness and truthfulness of the message brought by Jesus (pbuh) followed and believed him, those were the believers among his, while others persisted in disbelief not because Jesus (pbuh) failed to proof the genuineness of his call but primarily because of their hatred of him and arrogance.

After Jesus (pbuh) Allaah left the world without any prophet or messenger for nearly 600 years. Whoever came across the message of Jesus (pbuh) in it is true form during this period must follow it. Failure to do that means one is an unbeliever. Whoever lived during that period but did not come across the true message of Jesus (pbuh) is excused, his case will be decided by Allaah on the day of resurrection.

Then came Muhammad (pbuh) with Quran confirming the previous Prophets and their scriptures but declaring what is on circulation of the previous scriptures as corrupted and hence abrogating their rulings.

Because Muhammad (pbuh) is seal of Prophethood and Quran is the last divinely revealed book, Quran needed to be divinely protected from corruption for there to be lasting guidance to manking till the last day.

While the Prophets dwell among the people there they upheld the true teachings of the book(s) while the disbelievers continued on falsehood. Therefore, there was clear proof on the sides of the Prophets and falsehood on the side of disbelievers.

Now that there are no Prophets of Allaah, He took up the responsibility of protecting and reserving the truth in Quran and at the same time allowing the distorted books to continue to exists.

Had Allaah protected the previous scriptures, there would have been a single religion on earth today and that would have defeated the essence of creating mankind because there would have been no basis to test our truthfulness in faith.

2. The first part of your second question how as been addressed above. Allaah has divided mankind in to 'nations' and to each nation He sent them a messenger. They are expected to believe in that messenger and what he brought and also believe in all other messengers and prophets and their scriptures in principle.

Kindly provide the verse of Quran in which Allaah commanded Muslims to ask people of the book if in doubt.

Allaah, who revealed His books to His servants, Has told us what is in circulation today is not the original and Has in any case abrogated there rulings. Would providing the original copies be of any spiritual benefit to this nation Allaah would have done so. But despite this Allaah Has reserved certain verses in your books that have shaken and will continue shake your core beliefs. That is more than enough proof for people who seek the truth.

3. Allaah Has told us the summary of what was in the Gospel and indeed all the previous scriptures. The core message of all the scriptures in the same:

Believe in the Lordship of Allaah; He created the earth, the heavens, and everything that is within them. He is alone in His ownership of these creations and in disposing their affairs.
Believe in oneness of Allaah ; He is alone, He has no co-equal , He has no partner and is over and above taking a son for Himself.
Believe in His right of worship from all His creation alone.
Believe in Allaah's beautiful names (99 known), His attributes of completeness and perfection. Allaah is devoid of any imperfections.

Apart from the above core component the scriptures also have legislation governing the daily affairs of the nation it is meant for based on their circumstances and peculiarities. For example, prayer (salat), fasting, and charity (zakkat) have been prescribed to all nations but the technical details differ from one nation to another.

Therefore, once a scripture differ from above core message of all scriptures then it certainly is either not from Allaah or distorted.

4. I am glad that you are aware of the miracles of Muhammad (pbuh) but questioning them. It means that if you are truthful you will to search for the truthfulness of those miracles and I asure you Allaah will guide you to them.

The miracles of Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) did not centered around here healing the sick and raising the dead because messenger was given miracles based on what his people excels in.

5. Arabs were not an atheist population before the coming of Muhammad (pbuh). Their main problem was worshipping idols as their Allaah or as a means of getting closer to Allaah. So the name Allaah was in wide use before the coming of Muhammad (pbuh). Quran being a book in Arabic language used that name. What name one decides to call Allaah doesn't matter much, the most important aspect is the attributes of the name.
Most Prophets of Allaah when asked by disbelievers a similar question they use to describe Him rather give a specific name. Examples: He is the one who created earth , heaven and what is within them, He cause the sun to raise from the east and set on the west, All-wise, Mighty, All-seeing, Oft-forgiving, Merciful, etc.

1 Like

Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by bahaushe1: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
aribisala0:

Anyway you are derailing this thread .

Whether or not you are right is not the point

People have a right to be wrong can you respect that
Can you accept that there are people who believe the opposite of what you believe and that your approach can only result in conflict and violence

Please stop quoting me. I am only responding to people who quoted me and answering the questions they raised.

Direct your instructions to them please. I have stopped following your thread but I respond to questions from mine posts.

Thank you
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by mujahid777(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
aribisala0:

stop typing this nonsense.i've already addressed the issue in my previous post here.yet,somehow you haven't even tried refuting my point.You just keep typing the same thing.
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2017
Any lunatic can say stop typing nonsense? Is that the way sane people debate and you expect the person on the receiving end to say "yes sir,sorry for typing nonsense"? Are you not an idiot?

This thread is about the freedom to speak your beliefs and that freedom extending to everybody.
Muslims cannot go around saying things that offend or provoke others and expect not to be provoked or offended in return.
To respond by saying
Oh but the Muslim belief is the correct one the others are wrong
Is that not idiocy
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2017
bahaushe1:

Please stop quoting me. I am only responding to people who quoted me and answering the questions they raised.

Direct your instructions to them please. I have stopped following your thread but I respond to questions from mine posts.

Thank you
Please leave this thread you are derailing it
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2017
aribisala0:

Muslims cannot go around saying things that offend or provoke others and expect not to be provoked or offended in return.
To respond by saying
Is that not idiocy
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by mujahid777(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
Any lunatic can say stop typing nonsense? Is that the way sane people debate and you expect the person on the receiving end to say "yes sir,sorry for typing nonsense"? Are you not an idiot?

This thread is about the freedom to speak your beliefs and that freedom extending to everybody.
To respond by saying
Is that not idiocy
You are not blind are you?

Do 70% of the earth believe Jesus to be some divine being?
No they don't.
Does that make it right to publicly call him a liar or a lunatic?
No it doesn't?
Now,there are a myriad of ways they putt it,such as by calling him a teacher or a messiah claimant or the christian God.
I myself take no offence if they call Muhammad(SAW) a Prophethood claimant or make use of similar terms.
It all boils down to avoiding a plainly negative connotation
Publicly calling Muhammad(SAW) a liar is,in fact,the height of idiocity.
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2017
mujahid777:

You are not blind are you?

Do 70% of the earth believe Jesus to be some divine being?
No they don't.
Does that make it right to publicly call him a liar or a lunatic?
No it doesn't?
Now,there are a myriad of ways they putt it,such as by calling him a teacher or a messiah claimant or the christian God.
I myself take no offence if they call Muhammad(SAW) a Prophethood claimant or make use of similar terms.
It all boils down to avoiding a plainly negative connotation
Publicly calling Muhammad(SAW) a liar is,in fact,the height of idiocity.
Do 70% of earth believe muhammed is a prophet and how is that relevant
Just like publicly calling Jesus Whom Christians believe to be God a prophet as unequaled stupidity?
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by mujahid777(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:

Do 70% of earth believe muhammed is a prophet and how is that relevant
Just like publicly calling Jesus Whom Christians believe to be God a prophet as unequaled stupidity?
No it is not.No one said you must call Muhammad the true Prophet of God or God's favourite Human or the Seal of Prophet...but there are appropriate ways doing it,whether Islam or any other beliefs,as long as it doesn't get to the level of using a glaringly negative appellation such as publicly calling someone a liar.Why is that so hard to get undecided
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
mujahid777:

No it is not.No one said you must call Muhammad the true Prophet of God or God's favourite Human or the Seal of Prophet...but there are appropriate ways doing it,whether Islam or any other beliefs,as long as it doesn't get to the level of using a glaringly negative appellation such as publicly calling someone a liar.Why is that so hard to get undecided
Why is is so hard to get that calling a people's God a mere prophet is a glaringly negative appellation?
Which is worse ,calling a prophet a liar or God a prophet ?
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by mujahid777(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:

Why is is so hard to get that calling a people's God a mere prophet is a glaringly negative appellation?
Should I start getting angry because you won't call Muhammad(SAW) God's true Prophet.There is no point extinuating this matter;what's wrong is wrong.
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
mujahid777:

Should I start getting angry because you won't call Muhammad(SAW) God's true Prophet.There is no point extinuating this matter;what's wrong is wrong.
ìi created the thread if you have nothing to contribute you know what to do.
The point of this thread is to get you to understand that in matters of faith what makes sense to you is crazy to others
If you reserve the right to call Jesus a prophet understand that it offends others the same way calling Muhammad a pedophile offends you. So rather than trying to prove that your beliefs are right and theirs wrong your focus should be how can we Find a way to live in peace. That would mean stop insisting on calling Jesus a prophet to Christian audiences and claiming that you are right .
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by mujahid777(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
ìi created the thread if you have nothing to contribute you know what to do.
The point of this thread is to get you to understand that in matters of faith what makes sense to you is crazy to others
If you reserve the right to call Jesus a prophet understand that it offends others the same way calling Muhammad a pedophile offends you. So rather than trying to prove that your beliefs are right and theirs wrong your focus should be how can we Find a way to live in peace. That would mean stop insisting on calling Jesus a prophet to Christian audiences and claiming that you are right .
This isn't about who is wrong or right.It isn't about what Muslims believe or what xtians believe.We all may choose to call whatever we want to call the belief of others as long as we avoid such terms like liar,madman,fool,slowpoke,lunatic.
Seriously,are you this immature or you just want to argue for argument sake.
Re: Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" by aribisala0(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
[sub][/sub]
mujahid777:

This isn't about who is wrong or right.It isn't about what Muslims believe or what xtians believe.We all may choose to call whatever we want to call the belief of others as long as we avoid such terms like liar,madman,fool,slowpoke,lunatic.
Seriously,are you this immature or you just want to argue for argument sake.
You reserve the right to make a list of SUCH TERMS?
You are the referee?
That is where you miss it
calling Jesus a prophet is worse than any of those terms as far as some are concerned. Reciprocal aversion what seems mild to you is strongly offensive to others
You cannot be judge and jury in your own matter
You cannot say calling
Jesus a prophet to the hearing of Christians is a minor thing compared to calling Muhammad a lunatic ...
How can you say which causes greater offence? By what objective measures?
We have a difference of opinion
What gives you the right to declare me mature because I do not agree with you?Are you that stupid? You have no monopoly of that so respect yourself. Clearly you are getting frustrated but you must learn to accept that two equality mature people can have opposite views. Trying to bully or bulldoze your way through will not work with me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Hail Mary Prayer / If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.