Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update (4264 Views)

Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by OrientDailyNews: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2017

Voting is ongoing at Ezebe, Umuodu, polling 007. The voting started at 8:43am with voters  casting their votes. An eyewitness, Emmanuel Okoye, said; "For the moment, it is going on fine but I cannot tell what may happen. I hope everything keeps on moving fine", he said.

At Ebe irunono square 3, with, 004 polling. Voting about to commence because of late arrival of materials. The Presiding Officer attributed it to transportation problem

At Ovala Square : 013 Polling Unit, Igbariam, Anambra East. Card Reader malfunctions, voting on hold as the SPO is being awaited for further instructions, whether to use manual or get another machine

MORE @
http://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/anambra-election-polling-units-live

UPDATES
At Ndikelionwu in Orumba North, INEC officials were seen leaving for their various polling booths with heavy presence of security personnel

Now the INEC officials are now leaving for their various polling stations for the election. All party agents are here leaving with them

INEC officials not sighted anywhere in IFITE AWKA yet. Only party agents making brisk consultation among themselvess and sharing responsibilities; early voters were seen in clusters!!!

INEC officials are present at St John’s polling booth 2, Ndikelionwu Ward. Security men and party agents present too.

At the AforAgbala Ward 4 Centre, Ezi-Awka. INEC officials claim to have been working all night. Evidence seem to bear them out. The police sergeant I spoke to claimed to have been there since 06:30 hours. This is the Ward for the Transition Chairman for Awka South LG, Hon. Leo Nwuba. Visuals below

A quick stopover @ d Umukwa Multipurpose Hall Centre where Polling Units 09 & 10 are still being set up. They're late.  

At Umunze Community School polling booth 4, no INEC official seen but police officers and voters were seen waiting.

001 and 002 Igbobueze Primary School centre inside St. Anthony Catholic Church and others in Awka Ward 2. Yet to see INEC officials. Some policemen just arrived the venue as at 8.50.

I am now at the polling unit 2. Same Ward 12 Onitsha North. They are still setting up for the voting process

MORE

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by RoyalBlak007: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2017
♤"With Voting willingly casting their votes"? grin

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by ELTON123(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2017
grin na only one person de vote..

1 Like

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by magoo10(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Spylord48: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2017
ELTON123:

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by mgbadike81: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2017
no need for all these propaganda, with time,the truth would be visible.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by seunmsg(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2017
ELTON123:

Onitsha people peacefully casting their ballot. They got no time for any silly ipob propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Joephat(m): 11:03am On Nov 18, 2017
Old men, any youth here came to snap pictures not to vote
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by adadike281(f): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2017
Glory be to God, I have been reliably informed that voting is going in okija. Obi Jackson and my grand ma's people, deme ni o!
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 11:36am On Nov 18, 2017
Anambra has always had low voters turn out before the IPOB threat.

The good news is that a winner will still emerge by this evening.

So IPOB failed in creating the so called "constitutional crisis" by boycotting Anambra elections.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by KEVIND: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

So IPOB failed in creating the so called "constitutional crisis" by boycotting Anambra elections.
If at the end only 50,000 out of 2.1 million registered voters participated. then the boycott is successful. That is less than 3%.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2017
KEVIND:

If at the end only 50,000 out of 2.1 million registered voters participated. then the boycott is successful.

You still don't get the point. Anambra always has perpetual low turnout, but it has always elected it's leaders.

You are only successful if you stopped a winner from emerging. Can you guarantee that?

People have been voting. I am in contact with people who have already voted and waiting for close of voting to tell us who won in their polling station. So what did you achieve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDSTwgt7wg8

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
KEVIND:

If at the end only 50,000 out of 2.1 million registered voters participated. then the boycott is successful. That is less than 3%.

Oga, There is low voters turn out as has always been the case in previous elections in Anambra, but the voting is going on smoothly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jME4hV0p9j4

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Nebuzaradan: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
seunmsg:

Onitsha people peacefully casting their ballot. They got no time for any silly ipob propaganda.
bros that's a damn low turn out
am on ground here

1 Like

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Kokolet11: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

shup up your foolish mouth.the one million vote they gave to GEJ in 2011 is from your family abi?ewu
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kokolet11:
shup up your foolish mouth.the one million vote they gave to GEJ in 2011 is from your family abi?ewu

O'l boy i will not join you this afternoon by childish cursing people. Anambra is voting and you are making mouth about causing an imaginary "constitutional crisis".

You see that ignorance is a true disease.

I have always supported IPOB, but i said it that Nnamdi Kanu goofed by targeting a gubernatorial election. The people know the consequence of their state falling into the hands of criminals which Kanu didn't care about what happened to them. I said it then that some will not vote, but other will vote and still produce their leaders. In the end, the constitutional crisis Kanu talked about will not happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbNeYNdn_XY

4 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Kokolet11: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
KEVIND:

Oga leave the mad man,when Anambra gave GEJ one million vote in 2011,all the voters was his family members
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Kokolet11: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

O'l boy i will not join you this afternoon by childish cursing people. Anambra is voting and you are making mouth about causing an imaginary "constitutional crisis".

You see that ignorance is a true disease.

I have always supported IPOB, but i said it that Nnamdi Kanu goofed by targeting a gubernatorial election. The people know the consequence of their state falling into the hands of criminals which Kanu didn't care about what happened to them. I said it then that some will not vote, but other will vote and still produce their leaders. In the end, the constitutional crisis Kanu talked about will not happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbNeYNdn_XY
who asked for your support for kanu or IPOB?kick off
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kokolet11:
who asked for your support for kanu or IPOB?kick off

O'l boy, what will kill IPOB isn't python dance or Nigerian army. It is people like you that believe you are more Biafran than others simply because they warn you about the dangers of your tactics.

I once reported a few boys to a coordinator because they beat up an old woman who asked them not to paint Biafran flag on her wall. My fear was that these boys don't understand what is meant by winning the hearts and mind of the people by making their struggle your struggle. Why would you beat up such old woman? You have automatically turned all her sons and daughters against your cause! It is dumb to always insist on doing things your way when the people you are supposedly fighting for are telling you of a few important points to note.

I tell you again, I'm an IPOB member member but not a dumb and illiterate one. When things are done out of tandem from the law, i will be the first to oppose it.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Kokolet11: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

O'l boy, what will kill IPOB isn't python dance or Nigerian army. It is people like you that believe you are more Biafran than others simply because they warn you about the dangers of your tactics.

I once reported a few boys to a coordinator because they beat up an old woman who asked them not to paint Biafran flag on her wall. My fear was that these boys don't understand what is meant by winning the hearts and mind of the people by making their struggle your struggle. Why would you beat up such old woman? You have automatically turned all her sons and daughters against your cause! It is dumb to always insist on doing things your way when the people you are supposedly fighting for are telling you of a few important points to note.

I tell you again, I'm an IPOB member member but not a dumb and illiterate one. When things are done out of tandem from the law, i will be the first to oppose it.
take your advice and support to your family they need it more.
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kokolet11:
take your advice and support to your family they need it more.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't hang yourself because Anambra is voting ooo.
I am expecting some pictures from Umuoji and Nkpor soon. i will post them for you Hia.

That is if you haven't committed suicide already grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Kokolet11: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't hang yourself because Anambra is voting ooo.
I am expecting some pictures from Umuoji and Nkpor soon. i will post them for you Hia.

That is if you haven't committed suicide already grin grin grin grin grin grin
lolz IPOB is wining
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by OrientDailyNews: 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
OrientDailyNews:

MORE @

MORE

UPDATE

Voting in progress at Ezinifite, Okpuno 008 with four voting points

Eziebe Nodu 006 inside St. Gabriel Catholic Church. Card reader not working up till this moment.

An INEC official trying out the card reader. No polling agents, and no party agents in sight.

Guber candidate of NEPP complaining that his card could not be accredited to vote

In Omor Ward 2, the card reader in 021 is rejecting many voters’ cards. Mine was rejected. That is where I voted after the INEC officer issued incident fomenting for me to vote

Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, one of the strong supporters of the APGA candidate, Willie Obiano, was arrested last night by security agencies. Reasons for his arrest are unknown to us but Orient Daily gathered that his arrest was not unconnected with his late campaign for Obiano after the official end of campaigns, an action which is against the Electoral Law. Other details shortly.
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
seunmsg:

Look at their faces closely, you will observe that they are not happy the way Nnamdi ran away abandoning them like ojukwu after all the noise he made.
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by OrientDailyNews: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
OrientDailyNews:

MORE @

MORE

Lalasticlala Mynd44

PPA gubernatorial candidate, Godwin Ezeemo expressed worry that INEC officials had not arrived any polling unit in the entire Umuchu. He said PDP, APGA and APC party agents were nowhere to be found at the Civic Centre Ward one, Umuchu. He suspects foul play; that it is a gang up against him!

At the 009, 008 and 0010 Umuawulu Central Primary School, most people have voted; only waiting for counting at the appropriate time. AA, YDP and APGA polling agents were present.

Central School 2, Umuawulu, 009 is the polling units, 278 registered voters. Materials arrived on time because they slept over in the school. Voters complying. No PPA agent on ground again. It comprises three units

According to the PDP agent, Nweke Emmanuel, "the environment not too calm. They give out money to people. The materials arrived on time.

INEC ad hoc (NYSC) electoral officers refused to work because of the non-payment of their allowances. Election materials are held up here as the electoral officers insist on being paid N4,500 instead of the N1,000 offered by the Commission.

At the GRA Ward 11, election is going on peacefully. Although incidence form was given to them, INEC officials have not had cause to make use of it.

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by OrientDailyNews: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
OrientDailyNews:

MORE @

MORE

Lalasticlala Mynd44

UPDATE

At UGA ward 001, unit 17, 18, the atmosphere is calm. The card readers are working well. A good number of security agents are spotted. Andy Ubah of APC has cast his vote. He said he and other aspirants of APC signed an undertaking to support the flag bearer; added that he is satisfied with the way the exercise is going. Commended the electorate for defying the election boycott call and coming out to exercise their franchise. "It is only by exercising their franchise that they can get good roads and other social amenities." He said he was confident APC would win.

The Anambra state chairman of NNPP, Chief Ugochukwu Ilodigwe just voted. After voting, the party chieftain had this to say to Orient Daily: "the election is moving fine but it hurts me that our people don't know politics. Money rules them. This money brings problems. The highest bidder wins the election."

Igwe Joel Mmaduadichie Egwuonwu of Umuenu, voted at his Umuenu Hall 1, Polling Unit 015. His opinion on the exercise: "everything is moving fine without problem. We thank God and hoped that it goes this way every places. We hope that INEC also gives us the right figures.”

He expressed the hope that anybody that wins will work for the good of the entire Anambra people, without discrimination. He would want the winner to bring peace and employment for all our youths as well as build good road for our community.

INEC officials have just (12:45 pm) arrived the Umuchu Ward 1, the ward of the PPA gubernatorial candidate, Godwin Ezeemo. Curiously, the ballot boxes the officials arrived with already had ballot papers inside them. When accosted by the press, the INEC officials were uncooperative and rather recalcitrant. They were not willing to consider extension of time for voting given the time lost between 8:00 am and 12:45 pm. This, appears to corroborate the PPA candidate’s earlier assertion that there may be a grand design against him in the whole election.

At Umuoba Aboegbu in Anam, Anambra West LGA, voter turnout was low but voting was going on without incident. Orient Daily was informed that the community leaders mobilised themselves very well to ensure the election took place without squabbles following APGA, APC rivalry in the area. Some youths who initially planned to disrupt the polls over the IPOB boycott threat were quickly prevailed upon and they stood down the action. However, the turnout was lower than expected. A close battle between APC & APGA here.

At Oye Umuenu market square 1. The polling unit is 001 with 167 registered voters. Voting started by 8 am, and five party agents were present, all playing by the rules.

A voter, Chief Azubuike Ekweozor said "everything is going fine. My people are complying. There is peace and order. Anybody, after voting, leaves the premises; no interruptions. I commend the security and officers.

A native and president of the building materials market in Ogidi. Chief Jude Nwankwo was of the opinion that "everybody was working very well and, as a stakeholder in the village, I am happy that it is calm. I want any government that will provide infrastructure like electricity and roads.

Situation report from Community Secondary School, Ndiowu: Voting going smoothly except for two party agents who exchanged hot words and were tending to fisticuffs before the police personnel intervened and whisked them away from the voting center.

Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by OrientDailyNews: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
OrientDailyNews:

MORE @

MORE

Lalasticlala Mynd44

UPDATE

Ezeemo, wife cast vote after very long delay... faults INEC

Voting has stopped at 002 Omor Ward 2. Voters are no more on the queue and so INEC staff are waiting for them t o continue

The PPA guber candidate, Mr. Godwin Chukwunaenye Ezeemo and his wife, Nneka Ezeemo have accused the INEC of deliberately frustrating him and voters of his ward. This was after they had cast their votes at their ward, Umuchu Ward 1, polling unit 001 around 1:30 pm when the electoral officers arrived with their materials.

Speaking from his house after voting in his Madonna Hall polling unit 019, Agulu, Chief Sylvester Nwobu Alor said the election “was going well except that APC and APGA are distributing money to vote for someone who is supposed to serve. The negative mindset of collecting money to vote must change. People should be made to understand the plans of the candidate and not seeking immediate gratification”.

Card readers working effectively in polling units 007, 008 and 012 in Umunya, Oyi local government area.

Voting going on at Agulu Community Town Hall, polling unit 002 with 582 registered voters. It commenced 8 am without any hitches. Hon Sony Obiekie, an observer, said "there is massive turn out. It is fair enough"

Ward 010 has 582 registered voters, voting started by 8 am and without challenges. Five party agents are working in tandem - PPA, APC, ACD, APGA and PDP.

Voting peaceful at Agulu though there is complaint about the efficient functioning of the card reader.

At the Madonna Hall, Agulu, the 690 registered voters and the INEC personnel had no challenges. Party agents conducting themselves well.

Election was stopped earlier in some polling stations in Omor Ward 2. This was as a result of a clash between APGA agents and INEC officials. The affected polling stations are 021and 006 where the result sheet was stolen after some crisis, as confirmed to Orient Daily by APGA party agent, Paul Udegbunam. Meanwhile, voting is still going on at other stations in the vicinity.
Re: 2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update by Cjrane2: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
DO NOT SAY YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR PEOPLE, THEN YOU TURN AROUND AND WON'T LISTEN TO THEIR OPINION.

YOU MAKE YOURSELF PART OF THE OPPRESSION AND PEOPLE SHALL REJECT YOU AND THEIR OPPRESSOR.

I HOPE IPOB LEARNS FROM TODAY'S EVENTS THAT WE ALL WANT BIAFRA, BUT WE MUST NOT BE OPPRESSED TO ACCEPT A SINGLE METHOD EVEN IF IT WILL CLEARLY HURT PENSIONERS AND CIVIL SERVANTS LIVING INSIDE BIAFRALAND.

WHEN YOU REFUSE TO EMPATHIZE AND DIALOGUE WITH THE PEOPLE, YOU CONVERT YOURSELF INTO A DICTATOR FROM A FREEDOM FIGHTER.

REMEMBER JOSEPH KONY MOVING FROM A FREEDOM FIGHTER INTO A BLOODY KILLER FOR REFUSING TO DIALOGUE WITH THE PEOPLE HE CLAIMS TO BE FIGHTING FOR THEIR FREEDOM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Never Let Peter Obi Be President / US President Elect: Joe Biden Dragged On Twitter / Kogi: I Was Not In Disputed Areas During Election, SDP Witness Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.