Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,050 members, 7,849,251 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) (8630 Views)

Edo2020: Online Poll Gone Wrong (photo) / President Buhari's Cows In 2015 Vs 2017 (Pictures) / Jonathan's Visit To Kano, 2015 Vs 2017 - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
Pierohandsome:
that is not the point of the arguement, the argument is that those ports aren't accessible to an average importer because of the political coup staged against those region. Yes , the leaders of those regions are complicite in this crime, bt that doesnt nullify the fact that there is politics to underdevelope those regions
Am yet to see the politics...if a policy is unfavourable to your people, then it is the job of your political representatives to work and reverse the policy. It is not the job of your people to engage in lamentations and leave their lot, to fate! Or blame other regions or ports, for their woes.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by sainty2k3(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
Oyinbo left and we replaced them with the Igbos ,we tot they are same thing
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by classicalbenson(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Oga people have been using Port-harcourt and Onne ports to clear their goods without issues! Don't say what you don't know.

Abeg, erico2k2 please come and school your misguided brothers here, biko!
foolish fool,why do u like unnecessary arguments, who are the people clearing there goods in Port Harcourt, ur ancestors?
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
classicalbenson:
foolish fool,why do u like unnecessary arguments, who are the people clearing there goods in Port Harcourt, ur ancestors?
You are the one that is a foolish fool. sad Go back and read through this entire thread, and you will see posts from people who have cleared goods through Port-harcourt sea port and Onne ports. So close your mouth and stop misyarning rubbish...ask your ancestors to borrow you a brain!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by Ihatepork: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
See, most of these idiots that are always talking nonsense about how seaports in the ND are not working have never been to the port before or even involved in shipping business. But they just love repeating the lie cos it fits their narrative. The Lagos excuse is stale already. Please come up with a better excuse. Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Oga, the sea ports in the SS like Onne port and Port-harcourt sea ports, are working. Someone else just confirmed that of Onne. When an importer's goods are delayed at a port, it could be due to several factors. Shipping is a delicate process that thrives on proper documentation. I have seen people whose goods were also delayed in Lagos ports before, for months. So what is your point?

If you couldn't comprehend what i wrote and still asking what my point is, then give it a break.

Shikina
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
They keep saying the port are working yet most of the imported goods pass through Lagos seaport before going to other state, some importers from the south /east import through Lagos seaport, why is it so?

Working my foot.
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
Amberon11:
You're just very foolish. So how are they lazy?
For pointing out obvious facts? Why not make the argument about Qatar airways and Turkish airways? Why don't they land in PHC? Why just Lagos? That is to tell you that OMAGWA does not fully have the international status befitting of an international airport.
In the same vein the seaports in PHC do not fully meet the criteria needed for an international seaport. They are shallow and hence large vessels cannot berth there. These are all properly planned to make by the government to make sure everything comes in through Lagos.

If you know nothing about shipping ask a freight forwarder who works/worked in PH so you don't go displacing your arrogant ignorance.
How am I foolish? what the craaap you talking about, Qatar Airlines ahah, why will I fly Qatar Airline from the US or from Europe?
Three Major Airline who are Bigger than Qatar and Turkish Airline put together, KLM, Lufthansa and Air France all Land in PHC daily 365 days of the year Even christmas day, We talking Major Airline you talking about Airline that fly to Bush market, craap Airline at that.Imagine Turkish Airline from JFK to Nigeria, waht Rubishhh, ggrow up, and you are lazy too, simple google would have pointed you to ships/vessels in One as we speak!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

You are the one that is a foolish fool. sad Go back and read through this entire thread, and you will see posts from people who have cleared goods through Port-harcourt sea port and Onne ports. So close your mouth and stop misyarning rubbish...ask your ancestors to borrow you a brain!
I even posted a link where you can monitor vessels in real time, but cos of thier cheap MB fear no let them search

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
Amberon11:
I beg you, say what you know too. My sister has worked with 3 shipping companies, 2 in PH and one in Lag and from what she and her colleagues have seen, it is all embargo. That few people you know have imported through PH doesn't negate the fact that most countries don't even have PH on their list of destinations. And PH seaports are too shallow for large vessels to berth there.

Please tell them, they keep saying it is working and I ask at what capacity? Can it be compared to Lagos seaport?
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
Ihatepork:
See, most of these idiots that are always talking nonsense about how seaports in the ND are not working have never been to the port before or even involved on shipping business. But they just love repeating the lie cos it fits their narrative. The Lagos excuse is stale already. Please come up with a better excuse. Thanks
See ehn, the SS ports like Port-harcourt and Onne are working. But there are a few challenges there, like you have in other ports everywhere

Port-harcourt sea port: Challenge - shallow draft. Solution: Regular dredging. sad

Onne port: Challenge - clearing charges are higher than Lagos ports. Solution: lobby to get port charges reduced. sad

Lagos port: Challenge - congestion and bad roads leading to the port. Solution : Request govt to repair the roads and reduce port congestion. undecided

Now, instead of tackling these issues with NPA, Transport Minister, Govt authorities etc., using their political representatives, chambers of commerce, trade associations etc. , they prefer to lie that there are NO sea ports within their region, or they come online to blame govt and people of other regions, for the under-utilisation of the ports within their region, instead of seeking solutions to the problem.

Amaechi their Ikwerre brother is the Minister of Transport now. Instead of asking him to provide a permanent solution to these issues, they will not do so, but they will blame Lagos for having a port.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by success10(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2017
dammiecool:

Oga don't say what u don't know, I work with WACT in onne n people r doing thier business every day n same goes to mearsk, cma e.t.c so don't come online n say what u don't knw. U can even visit onne port n see things 4 ur self. Me wey I dey even complain say work too much sad
please bro...
can I send my CV?.
Thank you
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by TheKingdom: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Haba! How can you talk like dis, nah? sad If you wan do propaganda, abeg put small truth inside am. cheesy In my history classes, we were taught that Yorubas lived in city states and towns. Do you know the level of order that existed in those city states? Many SE communities at that time, were still hamlets o...

Your teacher lied to you. Yoruba area was ravished by inter tribal wars and BETRAYALS, causing even some to hide under big rocks.

But the truth is, most of those towns from those days, are still covered in the brown roofs till date.
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Guy, where you dey since? Shey you can see all the fake propaganda they have been churning out about Port-harcourt sea port and Onne port? wink
I dey work since,One Job hold me till 730pm our time, No mind these set of Low lives, Imagine Mantioning Qartar and Turkish Airline where you have Lufthansa and KLM, nor B proper MUMU B that .These guys never Reach Sea port or Airport B4, nahBushh dem dey Live I swear.The vast majority of Biz guys in teh East and South South who import consumer goods ship fru PHC /One via Contianers,the Only thing we dont have facilities for @ One is RoRO, hence Lasgidis .But once the shipping Lines see need for that, Im sure the Port would Upgrade.if your market ends btw Lagos and Ondo, no need coming to One, but if you are importing anything which goes into a container for the after Ondo towards east, One sure pass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

See ehn, the SS ports like Port-harcourt and Onne are working. But there are a few challenges there, like you have in other ports everywhere

Port-harcourt sea port: Challenge - shallow draft. Solution: Regular dredging. sad

Onne port: Challenge - clearing charges are higher than Lagos ports. Solution: lobby to get port charges reduced. sad

Lagos port: Challenge - congestion and bad roads leading to the port. Solution : Request govt to repair the roads and reduce port congestion. undecided

Now, instead of tackling these issues with NPA, Transport Minister, Govt authorities using their political representatives, chambers of commerce, trade associations etc. , they prefer to lie that there are NO sea ports within their region, or they come online to blame govt and people of other regions, for the under-utilisation of the ports within their region, instead of seeking solutions to the problem.

Amaechi their Ikwerre brother is the Minister of Transport now. Instead of asking him to provide a permanent solution to these issues, they will not but they will blame Lagos for having a port.
They have overcomed these challenges lil help from the chinko partners, one of the biggest container ships is arriving One port from china as we speak,I will find out its name and location in a bit.
Every Port Sea or Air face these challenges at beginning, The seaport One has fewer facilities and les traffic, slow but the nearness of port to ware house compencates for all that.The airport do not have full functional convey belt as we speak at arrival, but the fact that I Land 40 mins from my House compensates for that, am I happy? HELL YEAHHHH grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
TheKingdom:
Your teacher lied to you. Yoruba area was ravished by inter tribal wars and BETRAYALS, causing even some to hide under big rocks.

But the truth is, most of those towns from those days, are still covered in the brown roofs till date.
Really? When did those intertribal wars end? And did those wars mean they did not live in city states? And what kind of betrayals are you talking about?

If you are referring to the Aole, Afonja and Alimi issue, it took place only in one section of Yoruba land, which is Ilorin. Now from what my teachers said, Ilorin is not even up to one-tenth of the whole of Yoruba land. At the time all these occurred, many SE communities were still hamlets, o....

As for those big rocks, those are natural God-given formations that characterized certain towns and communities. Similar to the way the Ogbunike caves exist in the Southeast. sad

As for brown roofs, ah do you know that Enugu has plenty of brown roofs? shocked

kn23h:

Enugu

5 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
erico2k2:

I dey work since,One Job hold me till 730pm our time, No mind these set of Low lives, Imagine Mantioning Qartar and Turkish Airline where you have Lufthansa and KLM, nor B proper MUMU B that.These guys never Reach Sea port or Airport B4, nahBushh dem dey Live I swear.The vast majority of Biz guys in teh East and South South who import consumer goods ship fru PHC /One via Contianers,the Only thing we dont have facilities for @ One is RoRO, hence Lasgidis .But once the shipping Lines see need for that, Im sure the Port would Upgrade.if your market ends btw Lagos and Ondo, no need coming to One, but if you are importing anything which goes into a container for the after Ondo towards east, One sure pass.

Hehehe....Erico the bigger boy!! cheesy cool Na true word you talk!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Now this is for you lot who dont know the port of ONNE is functional plz go fru this link.Thank me later
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/803/Nigeria_port:ONNE.
that site is in real time and will tell you what and waht is at the Port right about this moment to the nearest second
cc
laudate
TheKingdom
udemzyudex
Amberon11
classicalbenson

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:2069971/imo:9681259/mmsi:565771000/vessel:KOTA%20SEJATI
As we speak this Vessel is Dropping Contianers at ONNE
KOTA SEJATI of Turkey

1 Like

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
erico2k2:
Now this is for you lot who dont know the port of ONNE is functional plz go fru this link.Thank me later
that site is in real time and will tell you what and waht is at the Port right about this moment to the nearest second
cc
laudate
TheKingdom
udemzyudex
Amberon11
classicalbenson

Thanks for this information. I have bookmarked this page for further reference. cool

6 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Thanks for this information. I have bookmarked this page for further reference. cool
Correct, U see, those lazy posters don disappear as we don expose their ignorance and MUMUness!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by dammiecool(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Correct, U see, those lazy posters don disappear as we don expose their ignorance and MUMUness!
Den go soon blame u 4 not having erection dis nite grin u just watch out cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
yeyerolling:
Whites were in charge. If south africa was ruled by mandela during d time he was sent to prison. SA wud have becom lik botswana or lesotho
and still Botswana is better than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
dammiecool:

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by oodualover: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
laudate:

Hehehe.... I no know say you sef see am! cheesy Most of those making these assertions, are not even importers. They are just recycling gossip and hearsay. They don't know the reality of what is on ground.
It is because they want to keep blaming Yoruba's, that is why

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by oodualover: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Amberon11:
What do you mean by "you people"? Address my post and not make false hasty generalizations. I never said the port wasn't in use as that would be an outright lie. The fact of the matter (which you can deny but who cares cuz facts dont lie) is that PH seaport is not deep enough hence lacking the ability to function to full capacity.

Yoruba people are at fault then, don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by oodualover: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Ihatepork:
See, most of these idiots that are always talking nonsense about how seaports in the ND are not working have never been to the port before or even involved in shipping business. But they just love repeating the lie cos it fits their narrative. The Lagos excuse is stale already. Please come up with a better excuse. Thanks
They repeat the lie because it feels good blaming Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by oodualover: 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
udemzyudex:
They keep saying the port are working yet most of the imported goods pass through Lagos seaport before going to other state, some importers from the south /east import through Lagos seaport, why is it so?

Working my foot.
It is Yoruba people's fault. They are terrible people who will not allow us progress.
Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by oodualover: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2017
erico2k2:
cc
laudate
TheKingdom
udemzyudex
Amberon11
classicalbenson
You this man. You don't want us to keep blaming Yoruba people again?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
oodualover:

You this man. You don't want us to keep blaming Yoruba people again?
My post was for Enlightment for those who do not know they can ship fru ONNE port,this has nothing to do with these childish arguemtns going on here,Slippers get size,Im out!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by laudate: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
dammiecool:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: 1960 Vs 2017. Where Did We Get It Wrong? (Photo) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
dammiecool:

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Governmen Pays LG, SUBEB Staff Deceased’s Families ₦364.9 Million / 14-yr-old With Brain-Cancer Asks Obi For Help / Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.