Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? (1471 Views)

Just In!! O.b Lulu Briggs, Richest Rivers Man Dies At 88 / Better For Your Family To Use You For Money Ritual Than Vote For PDP - Lady Says / Lady Blasts Dino Melaye For "I Thank God For My Bullet Proof Car" Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
VOTE EITHER 1. OR 2.
1. I.P.O.B TELLING BIAFRANS TO BOYCOTT THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION TOTALLY.
2. I.P.O.B CHOOSING TO SUPPORT AN IGBO CANDIDATE FROM A VERY UNPOPULAR PARTY, AND TELLING BIAFRANS TO VOTE FOR HIM
CLICK ON "LIKE" FOR OPTION-1.
CLICK ON "SHARE" FOR OPTION-2.
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by falcon01: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
how bou None!!
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by horsepower101: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
How about option 3: allow for a referendum that they have been asking for.

9 Likes

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by Cjrane2: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2017

IPOB cannot do it alone. We must work with socio-ethnic groups in Nigeria such as Afenifere, OPC, PANDEF and Middle Belt groups etc.

Nigeria's 1999 constitution did say that to become a PRESIDENT of Nigeria, you MUST have 25% of the votes in 24 STATES. This clause means that if you can prevent elections from holding in 12 or 13 states, you will create a constitutional problem that will make it impossible for anyone to be declared PRESIDENT based on the constitutional provision. To achieve No election in 12 or 13 states out of 17 states in southern Nigeria will require concerted collaboration between Afenifere, Ohaneze and other socio-political groups.

Again, we must forget the events of the past and work with other Nigerians to achieve this lofty goals. What happened between Ojukwu and Awolowo as painful as they were must be set aside for the greater good of ensuring southern unity with the middle belt peoples. Insulting them or focusing on what divided us instead of what unites us as oppressed peoples in Nigeria will be another fatal mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
OPTION 3,break away from nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
horsepower101:
I am suggesting to I.P.O.B..
Can they give the referendum.??
The options above are the things they can do.
Or you have better options.??

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
How can this be achieved by I.P.O.B themselves by themselves without the influence or help of external bodies.??
Some things can be done now, and are perfectly achievable in the meantime.
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
falcon01:
how bou None!!
No..
No time for "none.."
I.P.O.B's popularity should be tested come 2019.
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

IPOB cannot do it alone. We must work with socio-ethnic groups in Nigeria such as Afenifere, OPC, PANDEF and Middle Belt groups etc.

Nigeria's 1999 constitution did say that to become a PRESIDENT of Nigeria, you MUST have 25% of the votes in 24 STATES. This clause means that if you can prevent elections from holding in 12 or 13 states, you will create a constitutional problem that will make it impossible for anyone to be declared PRESIDENT based on the constitutional provision. To achieve No election in 12 or 13 states out of 17 states in southern Nigeria will require concerted collaboration between Afenifere, Ohaneze and other socio-political groups.

Again, we must forget the events of the past and work with other Nigerians to achieve this lofty goals. What happened between Ojukwu and Awolowo as painful as they were must be set aside for the greater good of ensuring southern unity with the middle belt peoples. Insulting them or focusing on what divided us instead of what unites us as oppressed peoples in Nigeria will be another fatal mistake.
You forgot that BIAFRANS are travellers and settlers too..
The Igbos can salvage the 25% mark in all the 36 States plus FCT..
You think these other groups you mentioned can support an Igbo candidate from an unpopular party.? or sit at home for I.p.o.b.?
Then, I.p.o.b must come with better reasons to get them do any of the two
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
tk4rd:
How can this be achieved by I.P.O.B themselves by themselves without the influence or help of external bodies.??
Some things can be done now, and are perfectly achievable in the meantime.
it can be achieve when youths totally and legally lay their grievances ,when Yoruba said igbo are naive in politics I agreed, cos ipob would have become a bargaining chip, but so called igbo politicians just lost everything

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by victorvezx(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
horsepower101:
Lol, deluded

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
it can be achieve when youths totally and legally lay their grievances ,when Yoruba said igbo are naive in politics I agreed, cos ipob would have become a bargaining chip, but so called igbo politicians just lost everything
They laid their grievances, and it was tagged hate speech, and they were called terrorists..
You have forgotten that.?
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by OtunbaChibok(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
After their proclamation for election boycott failed woefully today, i think this is the death to IPOB unfortunately.

Nnamdi Kanu messed things up when he became and demi god over powered by pride and allowed his popularity blindfold his real message...

He would have think twice that fight a sovereign state in an African country is near to impossible especially if you don't enjoy the total support of all.

Instead of his earlier noise and bragging, he could have formed or joined a political party in the Nigerian state and try to impact his message or change from there.

Sad but true, IPOB died today!

Maybe it will be ressurected someday, time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by Alariiwo: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
You lots are just starting your journey into political wilderness as far as Nigeria is concerned.

For a sitting govt. to have no Igbo as first 3 citizens speaks volume.

President - Fulani (Katsina)
VP - Yoruba
Senate President - Yoruba (Kwara)

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
OtunbaChibok:
After their proclamation for election boycott failed woefully today, i think this is the death to IPOB unfortunately.

Nnamdi Kanu messed things up when he became and demi god over powered by pride and allowed his popularity blindfold his real message...

He would have think twice that fight a sovereign state in an African country is near to impossible especially if you don't enjoy the total support of all.

Instead of his earlier noise and bragging, he could have formed or joined a political party in the Nigerian state and try to impact his message or change from there.

The election was actually boycotted...
Analysis showed that the number of accredited voters were so low compared to number of registered voters..
But then,, boycotting elections won't prevent an enemy from winning

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by mrvitalis(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
tk4rd:
The election was actually boycotted...
Analysis showed that the number of accredited voters were so low compared to number of registered voters..
But then,, boycotting elections won't prevent an enemy from winning
Bro in this last election less than 25% of registered voters voted

So it's nothing new

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by sainty2k3(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Igbos are presently masturbating..
The boycott failed.
Now talking of 2019. The constitution u quoted says 25% of the vote casted in the state and didn't say 25% or eligible voters. So if just 12 people vote in Anambra once you have 3 you are good. Now we don't even need to be talking about that , thousands voted today so let's save the maths till the next sit at home that will work like the very first one before NK ran away
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by honourhim: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
JUSTICE4Nigeria:

Shut up. We can't rule ourselves better. What have our governors done since 1999 till date to improve igbo land considering the amount they collected from Abuja so far?
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by TheKingdom: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
OtunbaChibok:

How did it die? How many people voted? Even the candidates that "received" votes dont match those sitting at home enjoying soup. You even know that fighting a "sovereign" state in Africa is hard but why it that?

Thank you IPOB, we will steadily with truth dissolve the British ZOO, or should I say, NIGGER AREA

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by Earthquake1: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2017
Afonjas cannot live without ipob grin
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by CrtlAltDel: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Earthquake1:
Afonjas cannot live without ipob ; D
Actually we can and have been, what we cant live without is laughing at Ipob constant political miscalculations and short sightedness… they keep proving us right. They are learners grin grin
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by Earthquake1: 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
[s]
CrtlAltDel:

Actually we can and have been, what we cant live without is laughing at Ipob constant political miscalculations and short sightedness… they keep proving us right. They are learners grin grin
[/s]

After crying about the election results, you can dry your tears

Ipob does not acknowledge you. grin
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by falcon01: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2017
tk4rd:
No..
No time for "none.."
I.P.O.B's popularity should be tested come 2019.
its None brother its None yhey know where they going with this they know!!
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by nengibo: 7:39am On Nov 19, 2017
Alariiwo:
You lots are just starting your journey into political wilderness as far as Nigeria is concerned.

For a sitting govt. to have no Igbo as first 3 citizens speaks volume.

President - Fulani (Katsina)
VP - Yoruba
Senate President - Yoruba Fulani (Kwara)
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2017
falcon01:
its None brother its None yhey know where they going with this they know!!
You know what "None" means.??
It means that they should sit down, and be looking, and be smiling, and be doing practically nothing, as if everything is okay.??
Everything is not Okay my brother..
The I.P.O.B I know with not just sit down and be doing nothing..
They will try something at least, and let the thing fail.
They will do it after all, even when they know that they are going no where with it..
So relax bro..
Your option had been noted though
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by tk4rd: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44.. I know you guys hate IPOB,, but you think they can be harnessed.?? More opinions are needed here.
Re: Which Of These Option Would Be Better For I.P.O.B.?? by Yyeske(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2017
horsepower101:
Option 3 is cool but the question is this, how do you go about it since you know it isn't in the constitution?

(1) (Reply)

See What The World Thinks About Our CBN Governor / We Owe Goodluck Jonathan Apology / Meet Sen. Ifeanyi Ararume By Ik Ogbonna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.