Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out (1196 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / We Will Call Off Election Boycott And Vote If ~ Nnamdi Kanu / #EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Looking the counted votes, you don't need an afa to tell you that only the family members of the politicians,employees, well wishers, some government officials out of fear and paid voters voted in that election. Look at the effing low turn out; a station where you would expect over 20,000 votes, had only 100? How do you explain this?

https://www.nairaland.com/4184194/anambra-governorship-election-2017-results
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by hisgrace090: 6:41am On Nov 19, 2017
There is no difference with past years result.

Voters apparthy is a recurrent trend time to time.
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by SolidGenius(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2017
hisgrace090:
There is no difference with past years result.

Voters apparthy is a recurrent trend time to time.
Only that this year's election had lots of goodies... This one is a cash fest fight

Even big brother PDP was taken unawares.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by EazyMoh(m): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2017
But I love the fact that the election was peaceful, no reported case of violence.
This might be the most peaceful governorship election in Nigeria.
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by uwa1(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2017
OP.. Low turn out or not... It didn't stop the election from holding... It was also peaceful...
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Chidonc(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2017
as long as we continue to boycott elections in the name of not wanting to be part of the system, bad government would continue to lead us. our votes is our say. wickedness strives when the good sits down and watch the bad takes over because they feel they are not directly affected.
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Notmyproblem: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2017
Chidonc:
as long as we continue to boycott elections in the name of not wanting to be part of the system, bad government would continue to lead us. our votes is our say. wickedness strives when the good sits down and watch the bad takes over because they feel they are not directly affected.

Not in Nigeria. Whether everyone votes or not "na same people go win". Buhari government isn't different from Jonathan same people in HoA and Senate and around the presidency are same people that have been along the corridor of power pre 1999 and since 1999.

Until we overhaul our entire system voting is just a front for these heartless men to perpetuate their rigging game, the higher the turnout the easier it is to falsifying election results.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by nkwuocha1: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2017
Boycotting of election may be another impending revolution that is likely to go wide,causing national uproar and reforms. I love the fact the election was massively boycotted.

There's no cry again for restructuring from the SW sad.SMH.What a docile and ill livered South.All the meeting held by the elites amounts to nothing? Olorun maje!!!

Secession took a calm dive and restructuring took a dead beat How then are we going to reform this contraption??Nigeria is already doomed for destruction, let's all just sit and wait as the future reveals more calamities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by mrvitalis(m): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2017
Notmyproblem:

Not in Nigeria. Whether everyone votes or not "na same people go win". Buhari government isn't different from Jonathan same people in HoA and Senate and around the presidency are same people that have been along the corridor of power pre 1999 and since 1999.

Until we overhaul our entire system voting is just a front for these heartless men to perpetuate their rigging game, the higher the turnout the easier it is to falsifying election results.

When you vote out someone who didn't deliver it sends a massage to the incoming person

In anambra even before now 75% don't vote

Yet everyone is saying the upp guy should win and that he is the best candidate but never came out to vote for him and you expect good development ?

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by HiddenShadow: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2017
Good
More boycotts to follow.
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2017
freedomforall30:
Looking the counted votes, you don't need an afa to tell you that only the family members of the politicians,employees, well wishers, some government officials out of fear and paid voters voted in that election. Look at the effing low turn out; a station where you would expect over 20,000 votes, had only 100? How do you explain this?

https://www.nairaland.com/4184194/anambra-governorship-election-2017-results

Example of such a station?
Stop spewing deluded nonsense. No "station", polling centre or ward can expect anything close to 20,000 votes. Votes are usually in the 100's or at most, just over 1,000. Turnout at the last Anambra elections was around 500,000 and from the results rolling in the smallest local government I've seen had over 14,000 votes collated, while some like Awka South had over 30,000 votes. Most local governments are averaging over 20,000 votes so far, so 400,000+ votes are expected in the final state tally. That means that while there was a lower turnout than the last election, this massive boycott we were hearing about had minimal impact. Since following the dictates of a pig called Kanu is your choice, go and enjoy your Nsala and stop boring us with your bitterness and spite.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
[s]

Stop spewing deluded nonsense. No "station", polling centre or ward can expect anything close to 20,000 votes. Votes are usually in the 100's or at most, just over 1,000. Turnout at the last Anambra elections was around 500,000 and from the results rolling in the smallest local government I've seen had over 14,000 votes collated, while some like Awka South had over 30,000 votes. Most local governments are averaging over 20,000 votes so far, so 400,000+ votes are expected in the final state tally. That means that while there was a lower turnout than the last election, this massive boycott we were hearing about had minimal impact. Since following the dictates of a pig called Kanu is your choice, go and enjoy your Nsala and stop boring us with your bitterness and spite[/s].

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Stop spewing deluded nonsense. No "station", polling centre or ward can expect anything close to 20,000 votes. Votes are usually in the 100's or at most, just over 1,000. Turnout at the last Anambra elections was around 500,000 and from the results rolling in the smallest local government I've seen had over 14,000 votes collated, while some like Awka South had over 30,000 votes. Most local governments are averaging over 20,000 votes so far, so 400,000+ votes are expected in the final state tally. That means that while there was a lower turnout than the last election, this massive boycott we were hearing about had minimal impact. Since following the dictates of a pig called Kanu is your choice, go and enjoy your Nsala and stop boring us with your bitterness and spite.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let me stay here to hear the first chants of afonja or see the first picture of me and my tribal marks cheesy

Modified: the freedom albino hunchback worshiper up there didn't disappoint cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Infact, the number of votes at the last elections was 425,000 and this final result should still top 400,000. Basically, all the rantings of IPOB buffoons were absolutely worthless in the end. grin The foolish clowns claiming to be enjoying their Nsala have always been the same clowns who never voted in the first place. No surprises there when your base is made up of miscreants following a cretin like Kanu like zombiefied sheep.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Infact, the number of votes at the last elections was 425,000 and this final result should still top 400,000. Basically, all the rantings of IPOB buffoons were absolutely worthless in the end. grin The foolish clowns claiming to be enjoying their Nsala have always been the same clowns who never voted in the first place. No surprises there when your base is made up of miscreants following a cretin like Kanu like zombiefied sheep.

That's interesting. That means those playing football the day GEJ lost presidency are still the same dunces screaming ofe nsala about today cheesy

Empty chest beating cowardly clowns cheesy
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

That's interesting. That means those playing football the day GEJ lost presidency are still the same dunces screaming ofe nsala about today cheesy

Empty chest beating cowardly clowns cheesy

Of course. Majority of the clowns shouting "no election" were never voters in the first place. Many of them with voters cards just had it for identification and documentation purposes. The others didn't even have any voters card even as they were bleating "no election" upandan. Total clowns and mindless sheep. grin

1 Like

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Of course. Majority of the clowns shouting "no election" were never voters in the first place. Many of them with voters cards just had it for identification and documentation purposes. The others didn't even have any voters card even as they were bleating "no election" upandan. Total clowns and mindless sheep. grin

Shame on the senseless shidren then cheesy

I'm glad common sense prevailed at long last. Where have these idiots ever seeing election boycott as a winning strategy? In a Nigeria where election apathy is a norm apart from the north? If anything, the South must learn how to take elections seriously
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by BudeYahooCom: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2017
Nice one from IPOB. More boycotts in future elections.
God bless Biafra.
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Nice one from IPOB. More boycotts in future elections.

God bless Biafra.

And also bless the profitable ofe nsala ingredients business cheesy

We'll be storming abia state next with our goods cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Shame on the senseless shidren then cheesy

I'm glad common sense prevailed at long last. Where have these idiots ever seeing election boycott as a winning strategy? In a Nigeria where election apathy is a norm apart from the north? If anything, the South must learn how to take elections seriously

It's the same way MASSOB mobilized plenty of mindless sheep to frustrate the 2006 census and officials had a lot of challenges. I still believe a state like Anambra was under-counted and we're still paying the price today. Uwazuruike in a moment of sanity years after would declare his regret of promoting the census boycott.

These fuccktards never learn and reason on emotion and they're incredible politically naive and gullible to the antics of charlatans. Ndigbo are educated people, but their grasp of politics is so embarrassingly amateurish and naive and despite being a majority tribe, continue to act like a minority, while real minorities like Fulanis that are insulted as illiterates continue to make total fools of the clowns. I would laugh like you, but unfortunately, their self-destructive streak affects all Igbos.

There are times I actually wish the APC won this Anambra elections so the fuccktards that have refused to use their senses would weep even more, longer and louder for the next 4 years while crying "marginalization...marginalization". Such a bunch of gullible idioots. I despair. angry

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

It's the same way MASSOB mobilized plenty of mindless sheep to frustrate the 2006 census and officials had a lot of challenges. I still believe a state like Anambra was under-counted and we're still paying the price today. Uwazuruike in a moment of sanity years after would declare his regret of promoting the census boycott.

These fuccktards never learn and reason on emotion and they're incredible politically naive and gullible to the antics of charlatans. Ndigbo are educated people, but their grasp of politics is so embarrassingly amateurish and naive and despite being a majority tribe, continue to act like a minority, while real minorities like Fulanis that are insulted as illiterates continue to make total fools of the clowns. I would laugh like you, but unfortunately, their self-destructive streak affects all Igbos.

There are times I actually wish the APC won this Anambra elections so the fuccktards that have refused to use their senses would weep even more, longer and louder for the next 4 years while crying "marginalization...marginalization". Such a bunch of gullible idioots. I despair. angry

Honestly, I laugh because when matter pain you finish and there's nothing you can do, na laugh remain cheesy

I remember the census issue and you're right. The SE is paying the price of that amateurish move till today. Even in advanced societies, election boycott isn't a winning strategy. It doesn't invalidate an election since you can't force people to vote. If 5% participate, 5% will dictate who rules. In fact Republicans in the USA are now stepping up voter suppression efforts to reduce number of blacks and minorities that will vote blue in subsequent elections. Imagine these minorities now also championing boycott? Is that not self annihilation? In fact, I believe APC was praying the boycott worked....it would have aided nwoye a great deal cheesy

The Fulani cattle reader in Enugu goes back to Kano to vote his candidate while I stay in my house enjoying election holiday yet I'll start complaining that illiterates are dictating the direction of our country? Make I laugh myself abeg cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by BudeYahooCom: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

And also bless the profitable ofe nsala ingredients business cheesy
We'll be storming abia state next with our goods cheesy
Insha Allah! Allabama seriki! grin
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Insha Allah! Allabama seriki! grin

Iseee cheesy
Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by shukuokukobambi: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2017
In fact Obi1kenobi, you're indeed very correct in your analysis. See the vote totals in 2013 when GEJ was still bar and before the empty rabble rouser learnt how to hold a mic

"The result showed APGA polled 180,178 votes, PDP polled 97,700 votes; APC got 95,963 votes,"

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/anambra-obiano-declared-winner-today/

A cumulative vote of just 373,841 votes. In fact last elections yielded less than 400k votes. Let's see how many votes this one comes to before I speak write further cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out by Notmyproblem: 11:38am On Nov 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

When you vote out someone who didn't deliver it sends a massage to the incoming person

In anambra even before now 75% don't vote

Yet everyone is saying the upp guy should win and that he is the best candidate but never came out to vote for him and you expect good development ?

What message did voting out GEJ and PDP sent to Buhari and APC?

My bro it is same old bs that we are experiencing.

(1) (Reply)

Ex NSTIF Boss, Dr Olejeme React To Her Detention By EFC / Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke / PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.