Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria (1416 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Nasir El-rufai In School Uniform / INEC Declares El-rufai As The Winner Of Kaduna Governorship Election / If Buhari Is Declared Dead, Plan Is For Osinbajo To Appoint El-Rufai As VP - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Saifullah01: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2017
"Governor Nasir El-Rufai lecturing my class back in ABU Zaria. He lectured us free-of-charge; and also provided studying materials for us free. As a mark of generosity, Nasir El-Rufai gives us money for lunch during his lectures. He usually give us at least 15 -30mins for the lunch. Beside the fact that he is a good teacher, he is very passionate about qualitative education. In our general discussions, he never hide his criticism on poor education policy. He was a source of encouragement for some of us. I recall the day he gave me and my classmate Munir Othman lift from Kaduna to Zaria; on our way, he tapped Munir on the back and said "Munir, read!!. You guys should read. Read any useful materials you lay your hands on. We are entering the world of knowledge".

On the mass sack of unqualified primary school teachers in Kaduna state, I think Governor Nasir El-Rufai was pushed by his desire for qualitative education. It's unfortunate that in this country, we don't take public school education serious. The schools have been reduced to mare play ground for the children of the poor and those who can't afford expensive and well equipped private schools. So, many things have gone wrong in our education system over the decades. As if good education is not for poor pupils/students. Hence, I support the recruitment of qualified teachers into the schools; and also plead with the governor to retrain the old teachers who are re-trainable."
Culled from a facebook post

Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Lincoln275(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2017
hmmm
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by sarrki(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2017
I want to see that of fayose and Nnamdi KANU
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by sarrki(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2017
El rufai may be controversial

But he's best among the rogues we call Governors

2 Likes

Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by xreal: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2017
Where is Nuhu Ribadu sef?
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by sarrki(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2017
xreal:
Where is Nuhu Ribadu sef?

Preparing for 2019 election under PDP

1 Like

Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Chidonc(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2017
Saifullah01:
"Governor Nasir El-Rufai lecturing my class back in ABU Zaria. He lectured us free-of-charge; and also provided studying materials for us free. As a mark of generosity, Nasir El-Rufai gives us money for lunch during his lectures. He usually give us at least 15 -30mins for the lunch.
I would have believed this post not until I read the part above, How long his lecture time for a single lecturer that he would give 15-30mins for lunch and also give money for the lunch, we can see politics from afar op.stop sharing lies.

1 Like

Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2017
Only stewpid people stand with those unserious teachers
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Samusu(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2017
Ok
vedaxcool:
Only stewpid people stand with those unserious teachers
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by xreal: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2017
sarrki:

Preparing for 2019 election under PDP

What!

Na lie o.
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Oye0404(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2017
Some teachers in govt schools don't have any business been in the classrooms. how can you give what you don't have??
If sacking unqualified teachers is not politicised then its the best thing I've seen or heard him do...
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Blizzy9ja: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2017
While all the other regions were going for merit the north politically opted for quota system... Let them wait for the result in the next few year... Buhari and the Kaduna teachers are just a preamble to the amount of dullards the north will produce in the few years
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by mrvitalis(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2017
Chidonc:

I would have believed this post not until I read the part above, How long his lecture time for a single lecturer that he would give 15-30mins for lunch and also give money for the lunch, we can see politics from afar op.stop sharing lies.

Some lectures can be for hours

Back the in unn prof iloeje would take you for 8 hours if you let him

Minimum is 4 hours class , an old man would be standing and teaching you sitting and learning would get tired before him

You wouldn't want to leave the class because of the knowledge you would miss
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Bari22: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2017
I like this guy, Elrufa'i is very intelligent
Re: Mallam Nasir El-rufai As A Lecturer At A B U Zaria by Vado(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2017
Image rehabilitation has begun shey? 2019 should come already.

(1) (Reply)

Does Shouting During Prayers Guarantee Quick Answer? / q / PDP Clamp Down On Gov. Ben Ayade For Applauding PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.