Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe (3373 Views)

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Olifiz(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
victoronyekwelu:
Thund fire you am coming back with prove

Read Hebrews 7:5-18 the law on tithes were set aside or became void.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

I have shown u one. do u even knw the diff BTW tithe and offering.
no u didn't.. Please show me?
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
apart from the tithe Abraham gave to Melchizedek, is there anywhere in the bible where he tithe again?
the entire story about Abraham over 100+ years on earth was captured by just few chapters in d book of Genesis. Besides Moses that wrote about existed several years after him. There are several other things about him we don't know of but dat the Bible still found time to mention dat act shows its very significant . The Bible in Hebrew recognized wat Abraham did as tithe nd it was credited to his seed
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by victoronyekwelu(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
gabe:
e pain am wink
grin
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Is tithing more important than James 1:27?
dat u tithe doesn't exempt you from doing wat james 1:27 says. well am tired of going back and forth on dis issue. Abraham paid tithe to the High priest and king of salem. Heb7 talk about the similarities btw Melchizedek and Jesus. Honoring the Lord with ur tithe works. It works for me. Infact Kennneth Hagin said if u don't believe in tithing, dont tithe until u do. Wateva u do without faith wont work.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
dat u tithe doesn't exempt you from doing wat james 1:27 says. well am tired of going back and forth on dis issue. Abraham paid tithe to the High priest and king of salem. Heb7 talk about the similarities btw Melchizedek and Jesus. Honoring the Lord with ur tithe works. It works for me. Infact Kennneth Hagin said if u don't believe in tithing, dont tithe until u do. Wateva u do without faith wont work.
thats ur beliv my sis. all I knw is that whatever u can't trace to Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith and the apostles who are our examples is not advisable. I practice Christianity and not Judaism. throughout st Paul missionary Jonis, and other apostles, it was not recorded anywhere that they practised tithing.

holiness and knowledge are too diff tinx.

my pple perish for lack of knowledge. he didn't say they lack salvation.

wish u all the best my dear sis.

shalom
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
why is tithe more popular in our churches this days more the James 1:27 and salvation gospel?
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

thats ur beliv my sis. all I knw is that whatever u can't trace to Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith and the apostles who are our examples is not advisable. I practice Christianity and not Judaism. throughout st Paul missionary Jonis, and other apostles, it was not recorded anywhere that they practised tithing.

holiness and knowledge are too diff tinx.

my pple perish for lack of knowledge. he didn't say they lack salvation.

wish u all the best my dear sis.

shalom
Thank you.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Geesaintagape: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
I did pay tithe b4 until i discovered its broad day 419 to tell a xtian to pay tithe.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
Geesaintagape:
I did pay tithe b4 until i discovered its broad day 419 to tell a xtian to pay tithe.

lolzzzz
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Ovamboland(m): 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
understanding matters. Christ teaching is the foundation on wch Christianity was built. Wen u said Jesus was only referring to the scribe and pharisee, who where dey? Sinners? Publicans? They were the custodian of the word of God as at dat time. Dey were the teachers of the law. Jesus studied under these same ppl right from his childhood, dey were held in high esteem. Jesus only corrected wat dey were doing wrong as at dat time. Wch was neglecting of justice and mercy. Jesus talked to fishermen, tax collectors, soldiers, lawyers etc. R u also saying those his messages were only for those sets of ppl nd doesn't applies to believers today? Going by ur logic, wat was d reason Jesus gave dem d message? So dat dey would be more condemned or dat dey become fit for the kingdom of God?

Tithe is only one of the provisions of the law at the time Jesus addressed the pharisees. If you say on the basis of that discussion about full compliance with the law Christians are supposed to also comply, may I ask if you practice the law as well and in totality. Do you eat snails or do you wear clothes with mixed fibre or eat food from mixed cropping then you're neglecting parts of the law and guilty and must sacrifice a ram.

Why did the church ignore the non revenue generating laws and carry only tithing like gala?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ovamboland:

Tithe is only one of the provisions of the law at the time Jesus addressed the pharisees. If you say on the basis of that discussion about full compliance with the law Christians are supposed to also comply, may I ask if you practice the law as well and in totality. Do you eat snails or do you wear clothes with mixed fibre or eat food from mixed cropping then you're neglecting parts of the law and guilty and must sacrifice a ram.

Why did the church ignore the non revenue generating laws and carry only tithing like gala?

its either that sis doesn't understand the concept or she is a pastor or a wife to one
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / COZA Rape Scandal: Pastor, Fatoyinbo Finally Bows To Pressure, Steps Down / Jehovah's Witnesses Accepts Free Money From A Gambling Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.