Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast (1147 Views)

Nigeria Election : Full Text Of President Buhari's National Broadcast / President Buhari Will Make A National Broadcast At 7 A.m. Tomorrow, January 1st / Buhari's National Broadcast Pre-recorded To Avoid Any"Accident"-Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Vinstel: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
A defiant Robert Mugabe has shocked the nation by refusing to resign in a national broadcast made to Zimbabweans this evening. Mugabe was widely expected to announce his resignation in the address that was broadcast by many local and international stations after his party the ZANU PF which is the ruling party in Zimbabwe removed him as their leader and passed a resolution asking him to resign or face impeachment but a stubborn Mugabe in his address to the nation rejected the call for him to resign and vowed to stay on as president.

The Zimbabwean military intervened last week, in an apparent attempt to block him from installing his wife as his successor.
The first lady, Grace Mugabe, and several other senior officials have been expelled from the party altogether.
Tens of thousands of Zimbabweans attended street protests on Saturday, demonstrating against the Mugabes.

Zimbabweans gathered this evening in expectation of a celebration. Instead, Mugabe appeared to hint at challenging the ruling party, which has expelled him as its leader, by trying to stay on.

Mugabe made a reference to presiding over a party congress next month. “The congress is due in a few weeks from now. I will preside over its processes, which must not be possessed by any acts calculated to undermine it or compromise the outcomes in the eyes of the public.”

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by LordIsaac(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lolz
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by whitebeard(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
I like this man grin if I were Nigerian president I would have sent troops to keep him in power..!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Hector09(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
I was watching it live on cnn, the worst part of it is that at the end of the speech he sais good night zimbabwes, even the generals was very suprise, this man is a wise man, if u can listen to his speech very well

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Xeedorf: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
*"Cowards are those who could not beat me when I was young but have decided to do when I am 93 years"*
Latest quote from Mugabe - 5mins ago

��

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by bonechamberlain(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
I thought this man was sensible. smh
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by dahunsy(f): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
Coughs*** clears throat# stubborn housefly....he wud soon got to the grave with the corpse......how things turnout in Gambia,Libya are enuf for him to pounder on

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
I like what he did, the Generals are not ready, how can a man who is under house arrest be moving in and out attending public events.

If you want to shoot, shoot instead of talking plenty.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by iPrevail(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
This man wants to make himself a target for assassination. Imagine trying to pass presidency to his wife, as if it's a family property undecided
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by mexxmoney: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
This guy is just a stubborn grasshopper. I Don't how Zimbabweans will be feeling like right now. Can somebody pls help me with that "which kind wahala be this" meme

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Vinstel: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by BakireBulmaker: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
This guy should not push the military to kill him o.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by coluka: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
This man no get sense. He was given an option to resign and be granted full immunity and all his assets protected and he's still here forming what I don't know
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by itchie: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
This man no dey hear word
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Megatrix: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Yeye stubborn Mugabe, what is he still looking for at this age?
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Neminc: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
Na Strong head go kill dis man finally. U see people with gun and you still dey follow dem drag matter
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Chrisbeks: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lol the man is something else
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by elgramz: 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
93 year old man still de drag power, wetin e wan get again? Pesin wey don de quarter to die

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Zanas: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
Crazy man!!
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mugabe the last of dictators clenching onto power in africa. The army and people of Zimbabwe still fear and respect him else he should have been resting eternally with his ancestors by now.
Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Paperwhite(m): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
I wonder what kind of military coup the Zimbabwean army are carrying out with Mugabe

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Defiant Mugabe Refuses To Resign In National Broadcast by Konquest: 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Vinstel:
A defiant Robert Mugabe has shocked the nation by refusing to resign in a national broadcast made to Zimbabweans this evening. Mugabe was widely expected to announce his resignation in the address that was broadcast by many local and international stations after his party the ZANU PF which is the ruling party in Zimbabwe removed him as their leader and passed a resolution asking him to resign or face impeachment but a stubborn Mugabe in his address to the nation rejected the call for him to resign and vowed to stay on as president.

The Zimbabwean military intervened last week, in an apparent attempt to block him from installing his wife as his successor.
The first lady, Grace Mugabe, and several other senior officials have been expelled from the party altogether.
Tens of thousands of Zimbabweans attended street protests on Saturday, demonstrating against the Mugabes.

Zimbabweans gathered this evening in expectation of a celebration. Instead, Mugabe appeared to hint at challenging the ruling party, which has expelled him as its leader, by trying to stay on.

Mugabe made a reference to presiding over a party congress next month. “The congress is due in a few weeks from now. I will preside over its processes, which must not be possessed by any acts calculated to undermine it or compromise the outcomes in the eyes of the public.”
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Mr. Mugabe has already been rejected as the leader of his party. By 12 noon Zimbabwean time
tomorrow, he will be bundled and disgraced
out of office. His wife has already been
removed from her party post!

He is still suffering from Withdrawal Symptoms.
grin

Its time for him to go and rest...period!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019: Apc Group Withdraws Support For Buhari / Colonial Banking History Of Nigeria. UNION BANK. / BREAKING: Boko Haram Negotiator Reveals Key Abductors Of Dapchi Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.