Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) (1098 Views)

‘Shame On You’ – Femi Fani-Kayode Slams Omisore For Declaring Support For APC / Withdraw Israeli Security Training Nigerian Military – MURIC Tells Buhari / Shame On Those Wishing Buhari Dead- Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by azimibraun: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
It is unbelievable how the Army has reduced itself to a N50naira collecting organisation on our highways. There is no doubt the Army has done great things and are still doing but this "By Force" using of Guns and threat to extort money from motorist have reduced the Army to thug and tout breeding organisation. I am struggling not to use harsh words to describe the officers of the Nigerian Army but to b honest, we are doomed as a people. The average soldier has lost it completely. I just suffered in their hands a moment ago. The driver of my vehicle was asked to give them a certain amount of money, he said he wasn't having that much and just like that, he was asked to "clear well" and remained their until they decided to let us go at their own time. While we waited, every single commercial vehicle that passed was made to squeeze money out. Those boys are on the road primarily to make money, security is far far secondary to them. The Checkpoint between Okene and Lokoja in a place called Itakpe is notorious for having "Hustler Soldiers" there. The Military Authorities should act now. With the way the Soldiers are looking for money, I am beginning to buy into the claims by some people,they organise some of the kidnappings on that dreaded road.

3 Likes

Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by cana882(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2017
azimibraun:
It is unbelievable how the Army has reduced itself to a N50naira collecting organisation on our highways. There is no doubt the Army has done great things and are still doing but this "By Force" using of Guns and threat to extort money from motorist have reduced the Army to thug and tout breeding organisation. I am struggling not to use harsh words to describe the officers of the Nigerian Army but to b honest, we are doomed as a people. The average soldier has lost it completely. I just suffered in their hands a moment ago. The driver of my vehicle was asked to give them a certain amount of money, he said he wasn't having that much and just like that, he was asked to "clear well" and remained their until they decided to let us go at their own time. While we waited, every single commercial vehicle that passed was made to squeeze money out. Those boys are on the road primarily to make money, security is far far secondary to them. The Checkpoint between Okene and Lokoja in a place called Itakpe is notorious for having "Hustler Soldiers" there. The Military Authorities should act now. With the way the Soldiers are looking for money, I am beginning to buy into the claims by some people,they organise some of the kidnappings on that dreaded road.
that's what happens when you under pay someone who's risking his life for you.
Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by conductorh2: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2017
cana882:
that's what happens when you under pay someone who's risking his life for you.
No. That's what happens when Fraud Lugard creates a zoo that can never work no matter what.

Enjoy your Fraudgeria and stop complaining. cheesy
Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by Agentsmith002: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2017
the op is a uselessss one nigerianist from Benue state
kyase shut up and enjoy ur one Nigeria
anumanu
Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by cana882(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2017
conductorh2:

No. That's what happens when Fraud Lugard creates a zoo that can never work no matter what.

Enjoy your Fraudgeria and stop complaining. cheesy
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by EazyMoh(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2017
OP do you have any pictures to back it up?
Re: Shame On The Nigerian Military(Nigerian Army) by proeast(m): 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Only one check point and you are crying? Come to the SE and see them allover the highways shamelessly collecting money from motorists at gun point.

(1) (Reply)

Four Weapon Of War Nigeria Must Have Before 2020 / Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC / Fuel Scarcity: Prepare For War In 2018 – Labour Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.