Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding (49441 Views)

Toke Makinwa's Darker Neck To Banky W & Adesua Etomi's Wedding Got Fans Talking / Female Celebrities Outfits To Banky W & Adesua Etomi's Traditional Wedding (Pics / Jude Okoye Admires His Wife Ifeoma's Backside At Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by midehi2(f): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
baby124:
Adesua's mother is Yoruba... Yoruba don't pay bride price in secret. It is done so that the world knows the couple are married which is very important. We don't want our girl child's husband marrying in secret all over the place. So mind your business amebo.
what are you saying sef, is her mother the head of the family? hian!

1 Like

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Kendroid: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
My mum is Edo, married to an Igbo man and she did not do all these drama you are stating here... Is this how you go about monitoring people's wedding?

Ye Monitoring Spirit ........Gerrrrout!

So u were present during ur mum's Trad wedding abi?

Shaid of Lai Moha grin

4 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by bobaydavid(m): 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Their is an adage in Yoruba that says 'Bayi Ni ma se ikan mi ko yipa', that is to say, this is how I will do my thing, nothing can change it. They are Celebrities. Mind you, history are meant to be broken.

3 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by laudate: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
cyndy1000:
Able Observing officer, the wedding has come to an end and was a success so no need drink paracetamol for their headache, besides not all those traditions are been observed. When you do you own wedding you do all the tradition as you want.
I concur. Apart from that, a lot of these traditions have been modernised to also accommodate customs from the groom's side, especially when it is an inter-ethnic marriage.
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by midehi2(f): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
My mum is Edo, married to an Igbo man and she did not do all these drama you are stating here... Is this how you go about monitoring people's wedding?

Ye Monitoring Spirit ........Gerrrrout!
Ah! abi na u be the monitoring spirit during ur mum's wedding, from inside belle i guess tongue

3 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
AFONJAS and their borrow borrow culture, I asked this very question yesterday, I wonder when they start doing traditional wedding in event center , celebrities and fake lifestyle, maybe the girl papa live in mud house in Edo while she live glamorously in Lagos, the Yoruba demon should have erect one building for his in-law, if it were my Igbo brothers they will never do this wedding without erecting one building for his in-laws, no wonder they are most sort after among single and non single Ladies , I will personally use my hand and kill any of my daughter that bring yellowbar demon home as her suitor

2 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Sanchez01: 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
midehi2:

maybe in yoruba land mother is the head of the family grin grin
Lol. Interestingly, even the Yoruba culture does not allow for a woman to take the role of the family head during traditional rites. While I understand that education is necessary, the whole show could be considered an affront to the Edo culture.

Some would say we should do away with these cultures because the world is fast revolving while Indians and Chinese folks are unconsciously teaching us theirs.

Just recently, I celebrated Diwali with some Indian clients because they insisted. These guys go as far as possible to preserve their culture and the little we have is fast dying. I doubt even the father understood what was expected of him. I highly do.

3 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by otivere: 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
Them dey fear village people.
Giving a man wrong hand when entering marriage is a wrong
signal and ways to start disrespecting the girl's family

3 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by aleeyus(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
michael142:

Is it this week or next week?

One thing is for sure, when u envy other people's spellings u remain STAGNANT!!!!!!
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by aleeyus(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
michael142:

michael142:

One thing is for sure when u envy other people's spellings u remain STAGNANT!!!!!!
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Kobicove(m): 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
cyndy1000:
Able Observing officer, the wedding has come to an end and was a success so no need drink paracetamol for their headache, besides not all those traditions are been observed. When you do you own wedding you do all the tradition as you want.

I think her observations are valid...tradition needs to be followed

3 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
baby124:
Adesua's mother is Yoruba... Yoruba don't pay bride price in secret. It is done so that the world knows the couple are married which is very important. We don't want our girl child's husband marrying in secret all over the place. So mind your business amebo.
Her paternal home is what counts here not her maternal home. Banky wasn't marring a Yoruba girl 'cause her mum is Yoruba but an Edo girl 'cause her Dad is from Edo.

That being said, I thought elders are meant to guild them through the traditional marriage process?.

4 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Sanchez01: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
Born2Breed:

Traditional marriages are always done the brides way.
True, but then again, you are wrong.

The infidelity rites performed on mostly Benin/Edo/Urhobo ladies are 'activated' when an Urhobo/Benin/Edo lady marry their own. No one cares about the fidelity rite should a 'foreigner' comes to marry their daughter. The kindred spirits are actually 'activated' on behalf of the man and not the woman per se.

6 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Lilmisshy: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Aunty, iz it your konsign
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by BakireBulmaker: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
I said something similar yesterday that Banky W shouldn't be prostrating to an Edo family.

1 Like

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by romeorailss: 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
AFONJAS and their borrow borrow culture, I asked this very question yesterday, I wonder when they start doing traditional wedding in event center , celebrities and fake lifestyle, maybe the girl papa live in mud house in Edo while she live glamorously in Lagos, the Yoruba demon should have erect one building for his in-law. if it were my Igbo brothers they will never do this wedding without erecting one building for his in-laws , no wonder they are most sort after among single and non single Ladies , I will personally use my hand and kill any of my daughter that bring yellowbar demon home as her suitor

Aunty angry Keep waiting for 1 igbo guy to come erect one building for your parents o. angry

He will soon come to u okk? Keep waiting

6 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by laudate: 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol. Interestingly, even the Yoruba culture does not allow for a woman to take the role of the family head during traditional rites. While I understand that education is necessary, the whole show could be considered an affront to the Edo culture.

Some would say we should do away with these cultures because the world is fast revolving while Indians and Chinese folks are unconsciously teaching us theirs.

Just recently, I celebrated Diwali with some Indian clients because they insisted. These guys go as far as possible to preserve their culture and the little we have is fast dying. I doubt even the father understood what was expected of him. I highly do.
Are you sure the bride price had not been discussed and offered in secret within the girl's family house, prior to the whole event? sad Even the chief complaining officer wasn't totally sure about that bit. One of my maternal second cousins who got married recently (her father is Edo) did something similar. The bride price was done the day before in the father's house, but it was returned to the groom's family in a rather symbolic manner. The whole action was repeated again the following month, during the traditional ceremony, with same results, just for the eyes of the public cheesy
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
u wee know diaris problem wen snake kills d son of a snake charmer... na dis babe problem b dat

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by laudate: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sanchez01:
Bless you! Perhaps the parents' house isn't too befitting and they actually thought the scenes would give critics something to talk about. We are Africans before any other thing.
Perhaps they thought about the convenience of their guests, which was why they chose to hold it in an event centre where there would be ample space and security??

Or perhaps they wanted to avoid the whole wahala of cleaning up their compound and fixing damages that might have occurred, the day after the festivities are over?

5 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by sirjomore(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
post=62550700:
Some 'twitterians' will never mind their business!!

Happy married life to the cute couple once more.

Are you a lover of BARBECUE? If YES, check our signature...

Who is dis Barbecue guy na?
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Rubyventures: 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please the time you spent analysing this wedding, can you use it too analyse all the infrastructural problems in Edo state and submit to the Government.

1 Like

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by bigfather(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
cyndy1000:

I just tire for people sha !
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by bikefab(m): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
if you chop dem go talk, if u no chop dem go still talk. why she de take panadol for anoda pesin headache.

1 Like

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Mariangeles(f): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Since the days of social media, everyone has an opinion about someone else's life.
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

True, but then again, you are wrong.

The infidelity rites performed on mostly Benin/Edo/Urhobo ladies are 'activated' when an Urhobo/Benin/Edo lady marry their own. No one cares about the fidelity rite should a 'foreigner' comes to marry their daughter. The kindred spirits are actually 'activated' on behalf of the man and not the woman per se.

I disagree with you. I know of a lady whose husband is not Edo but committed adultery and the man was so sick that the woman had to confess and performed the cleansing rites in the mans family house with the help of her family.

The man got healed immediately.

I was made to understand that its activated once the woman is placed on the groom s fathers lap seven times. No matter the tribe.

I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by baby124: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
Her paternal home is what counts here not her maternal home. Banky wasn't marring a Yoruba girl 'cause her mum is Yoruba but an Edo girl 'cause her Dad is from Edo.

That being said, I thought elders are meant to guild them through the traditional marriage process?.
It's not only her father that gave birth to her. She comes from two cultures, you cannot therefore instruct her on what to do at her traditional wedding. She will blend both aspects. It's like you don't know that mother's are not insignificant in Yoruba culture. They may be nothing where you come from.
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
romeorailss:

Aunty angry Keep waiting for 1 igbo guy to come erect one building for your parents o. angry

He will soon come to u okk? Keep waiting
Crawl back to your cave
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Bayozomomamae: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
kip ur thought to ur self senseless gal
Re: Omosefe Woghiren: Things Banky W, Adesua Etomi's Family Didn't Do At The Wedding by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
baby124:

It's not only her father that gave birth to her. She comes from two cultures, you cannot therefore instruct her on what to do at her traditional wedding. She will blend both aspects. It's like you don't know that mother's are not insignificant in Yoruba culture. They may be nothing where you come from.
Oga!, I don't know where you're from but when a woman is getting married, her father's culture is what she follows. Need I remind you that her mum was married off of Yoruba land to Edo?.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Gifts Tunde Ednut 6 Cows And N5m For His Birthday Party / Davido’s Fiancee, Chioma Beats Coronavirus, Tests Negative Twice / Harry B Anyanwu, His Wife & 5 Children Pose In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.