Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power (948 Views)

Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) / 2019: Atiku Submits His Nomination Form To PDP (Photos) / Kwankwaso Submits his Nomination Form at PDP Headquarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Decapo: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Live on aljazeera

Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Akeem1759(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
FP Please.. Uncle Ancestor don resign oo..
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by maureen44(f): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by coolcharm(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
smiley

I still feel bad a bit that force... Even though subtle was used to force a democratically elected president into resignation. As much as I want to find a reason to celebrate with the Zims, I strongly feel they should have waited to make this change at the next polls.

I wish Robert Mugabe all the rest he deserves in retirement, and to the Zimbabweans, all the peace they need as the embark on the seemingly wavy journey to true democracy.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by NwaAmaikpe: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
shocked

Sad news.
This drowns out the excitement I felt after hearing the Dr. Sid's marital woes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Mayflowa(m): 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good! I cannot fathom how an ordinary citizen wanna take charge of his country's leadership the whole of his life even while strength fails him!
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by masada: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
waoh

good news for the people of Zimbabwe

see jubilations evri where

how can someone rule for 37 years

and still want his wife to succeed him

hope the incoming leaders learn from this too
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by gloriaunobi(f): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Freedom at last remaining Cameroon according to Daddy lol
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Damoche10: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
The curtain is drawn for Robert Gabriel Mugabe. Good for democracy in Zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by lordkush: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
farwell old man
Take the lady macbeth with you
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Damoche10: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
The speaker stopped impeachment proceedings to say they had received a letter from Mr Mugabe confirming the resignation “with immediate effect”.

It is an extraordinary end for the world’s oldest head of state after 37 years in power.
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Power and life is transient. Mugabe who once boasted no military coup can remove him is now under house arrest by the military.

The condemnation by the war veterans in 2016 of abandoning the revolution didn’t help his case either. They had accused him of promoting corruption and said they will not support him in next year’s election.

His treatment of the white farmers in his country didn’t help him or his country either and the sanctions he got suffered the country.

Till now, none of the western counties, who love to promote democratic values, has condemned the military coup. Tacit support or endorsement?

His wife has received criticisms and Mugabe’s attempt to pass her the touch annoyed the military, politicians and revolutionaries more. It seems everyone is finally fed up with him that even when democratic values are shattered to remove him, no one seem to care.

In Egypt when a similar thing happened, it was regarded as a ‘military intervention’ by the US and other powers when obviously a coup happened. What happened in Zimbabwe is a coup but unfortunately, Mugabe has annoyed so many people, destroyed so many laws and his authoritarianism has made it difficult to speak about him in the democratic language.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/mugabe-going-going/
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by aolawale025: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2017
New beginning for Zimbabwe
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by aolawale025: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Power and life is transient. Mugabe who once boasted no military coup can remove him is now under house arrest by the military.

The condemnation by the war veterans in 2016 of abandoning the revolution didn’t help his case either. They had accused him of promoting corruption and said they will not support him in next year’s election.

His treatment of the white farmers in his country didn’t help him or his country either and the sanctions he got suffered the country.

Till now, none of the western counties, who love to promote democratic values, has condemned the military coup. Tacit support or endorsement?

His wife has received criticisms and Mugabe’s attempt to pass her the touch annoyed the military, politicians and revolutionaries more. It seems everyone is finally fed up with him that even when democratic values are shattered to remove him, no one seem to care.

In Egypt when a similar thing happened, it was regarded as a ‘military intervention’ by the US and other powers when obviously a coup happened. What happened in Zimbabwe is a coup but unfortunately, Mugabe has annoyed so many people, destroyed so many laws and his authoritarianism has made it difficult to speak about him in the democratic language.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/mugabe-going-going/

The West were glad to see his(Mugabe's) back
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by ibkayee(f): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Huge deal for Zimbabwe, reactions I'm seeing remind me of when Abacha died
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
aolawale025:

The West were glad to see his(Mugabe's) back
Of course. They shared with him the same level of hatred for each other that they can't even call a coup a coup. The silence is deafening and it is a stand itself.
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Were u born then? You indomie baby undecided
ibkayee:
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by ibkayee(f): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Were u born then? You indomie baby undecided
He died in 1998, I was young and didn't know what 'Abacha' meant but I kept hearing it throughout the evening lool
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
cheesy cheesy baby girl for life, I already had beards then
ibkayee:

He died in 1998, I was young and didn't know what 'Abacha' meant but I kept hearing it throughout the evening lool
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by baralatie(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
uncharted territory
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Many believe he is old and out of touch with reality, others believe he was brutal in his last years in office

Nonetheless,

I salute a man who stood for the liberation of Africans

I salute an icon who fought for the little man in his generation

A man with the heart of lion, but maybe it is time to for new sets of freedom fighters to rise in Africa

As the battle is now against each other, the fight is now against the black elite
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by baralatie(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
greiboy:

Many believe he is old and out of touch with reality, others believe he was brutal in his last years in office

Nonetheless,

I salute a man who stood for the liberation of Africans

I salute an icon we fought for the little man in his generation

A man with the heart of lion, but maybe it is time to for new sets of freedom fighters to rise in Africa

As the battle is now against each other, the fight is now against the black elite

you left out the part the man who fell because of Grace his wife
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
ibkayee:

The similarities you have drawn with the Nigerian situation is very accurate.

when Abacha died everyone thought he was the main problem of Nigeria, but nearly 20 years after his death Nigeria is still going backward.

Makes me wonder if this is truly a great deal for Zimbabweans or just a political gimmick by the embattled vice president (Emerson Managawa )
Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Jesusloveyou: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
That is good

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Submits His Resignation After 37 Years In Power by Mynd44: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2017

(1)

You Must Contest – ‘189groups’ Endorse Buhari For 2019 / Fulani Herdsmen Pay Millions Of Naira ..... Mercenary Reveals (video) / A Nigeria Senator Commissioning Electric Poles In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.